Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrm_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I installed new flipper cabinet switches in a Mata Hari and the game started acting strangely. Phantom Pops, Game resetting, Bonus counting down in the middle of the ball. Not to much to mess up when installing cabinet flipper switches. I had to put the old switches back in to be able to even play. What in the world would cause this?

Kramertheman

#2 5 years ago

Sounds like the machine is feeling switch closures (row/column issue). Do the old switches have diodes while the new ones do not?

#3 5 years ago

Neither the new or the old cabinet flipper switches have diodes. I did/do have some issues already with some phantom pops but nothing too bad. I thought the new cabinet flipper switches would help because they didn't look too good but it was A lot worse. I am baffled why it would make it so much worse.
I am working on replacing some diodes and capacitors on the pop bumpers. Is it possible to get rid of phantom pops altogether?

Kramertheman

#4 5 years ago

Have you done anything concerning the mpu connections is there any corrosion or anything that hasn't been addressed

#5 5 years ago

It sounds like I7 of the switch matrix is shorting. That could cause slam resets, outhole bonus collects, phantom pops from the top bumper, and a few others.
Since you were messing with the cabinet start there. I7 is a 30 wire (yellow). Try starting a game then pulling J3 from the mpu. If the problems stop then carefully inspect the 30 wire in the cabinet harness.

#6 5 years ago

I had a similar issue with pop bumpers firing and slam tilt resets when ever i would make the saucer because a the coil wire was just barely loose enough to touch the housing of the saucer. All i needed to do was tuck the coil wire back under the wrapper and everything was fine. Its a long shot but its something to consider. Check the coil wrappers for loose wires on all the solenoids that are firing, make sure nothing it touching something it shouldnt.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-mata-hari-issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-odd-behavior and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.