3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zombywoof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I was playing a game on Mata Hari when the right flipper suddenly died. Moments later the left flipper would fire sporadically, and then died completely, too. I've inspected the wiring at the flipper coils. I found that the capacitor at the left flipper coil switch had broken free. I have re-soldered that, but no change in behavior. I will also note that pushing the flipper buttons repeatedly will sometimes fire the left 100 point pop bumper.

On power up, The LED for Q19 on my Alltek SDB lights and stays lit. Once I post a game, the light for Q15 lights up as well. Q19 looks like it is associated with the Flipper Enable Relay, and Q15 with the Coin Door Lockout. The two circuits also appear to be connected. Do these indicators suggest a likely cause for my flipper problem?

I'd appreciate any guidance for next steps in troubleshooting.

#2 3 years ago

BTW, I’ve got ~44v DC at the flipper coils.

#4 3 years ago

I just reviewed the Alltek manual. It's normal for those two LEDs to be lit on the SDB. They are both continuously on solenoids. I thought it was odd that the coin door lockout wasn't lit until after a game was started. I cut one of that coil's wires, taped it off and secured it. (It isn't needed for home use.) No change.

I agree that the pop firing is probably something else. I've had some occasional phantom scoring that I've been tracking for some time.

I did reseat the connectors at the SBD. No change. (I had rebuilt all of those connectors some years ago.)

Per Clay's guide, I clipped an alligator clip and wire to the metal side rail and touched the other end to the coil lug that corresponds with the non-banded side of the diode. Neither flipper coil fired.

#6 3 years ago

No flipper movement with buttons held during startup. I won’t be able to open up the back box again to visually observe the relay until tomorrow. I might give Dave at Alltek a call on Monday. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-no-flippers?tu=zombywoof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.