Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

198282-i.jpg
image-830.jpg
image-632.jpg
image-432.jpg
image-258.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GizzArd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just bought a used mpu board at pinfest for my Mata Hari. The issue is it only blinks four times. I hear a click on the driver board and that's about it. I replaced the rectifier board and connectors going to the rectifier board. Can it be something other than a bad mpu that prevents it from booting up? The last board I had. Broke but before it breaking not all the lights would go on and acted funny. Please help

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is there evidence of battery corrosion in the lower left corner or corrosion repair?
Does it hit all the flashes with all the displays disconnected?

The middle of the board seemed to have some damage that was covered w green tape. I unplugged all connectors from the mpu except j4 and I still only get 4 flashes.

Quoted from WOLF:Check the voltages on the rectifier board.

I just put in a new board with connectors so I don't think it's that. I have a volt meter but don't know how to test it.

#6 9 years ago

image-258.jpgimage-258.jpg Hope these help

image-432.jpgimage-432.jpg image-632.jpgimage-632.jpg image-830.jpgimage-830.jpg
#9 9 years ago

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Should of just bought a new board. The last time this happened I said the same thing. Well that's how it goes.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's a learning experience, actually.
Next time you buy a board, you are going to flip it over and look for any previous work. You are going to look for battery corrosion on the lower left.
I guarantee you will never make the same mistake again, because now you know what to look for.
You could send that board out for repair, or buy a new board and donate the old one to someone in need to fix for themselves, or save it for a latter date when you have some board fixing experience.
Note here that good repairs look "factory". Nothing burnt, nothing blobby, uniform clean solder joints:

198282-i.jpg 44 KB

Thanks so much for spending the time to help. I def won't make the mistake again. I would like to learn how to repair boards. I would save tone of money. Gotta find the right place to start.

#16 9 years ago

It's not the soldering part I'm stumped on its learning the multimeter and going thru the board and finding what's wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GizzArd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-mpu-issue?tu=GizzArd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.