• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JKnPA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mata hari switch.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djjennie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

My Switches under my drop targets on the game Mata Hari need to be replaced there are no part numbers in the manual for me to to call marco and give them does anyone know what they are and where to find them ? Actually id like to rebuild the whole target assembly springs and all but can't find that either so if anyone has information on this i would really appreciate it
Thanks
Jenn

mata hari switch.JPGmata hari switch.JPG
#6 9 years ago

Well the game was working great then all of a sudden it started scoring like crazy giving me 500 points forever and advance bonus all the way to the max. i noticed as i was playing it that this only happened when i hit the first two targets on the left bank so i looked at the switches and everything looked good however a made an adjustment that i thought might help but it didn't. confused and frustrated i started screwing around then i also noticed that if i tapped on the playfield it would score like crazy so i checked the switches out again adjusted them and still the same problem then i thought ah-ha maybe a bad diode so i changed the diode on the two switches and still the same problem so im like hmmm ok then i took the first two switches and made them so the would not make contact and see what happened then and the game played perfect as soon as i got all the targets down i lifted the playfield manually reset the targets it scored the 50,000 points as it should have then i continued to play the game again with perfect results. not convinced however that it was the switches possibly something else i played 15 games just like that with the glass off manually resetting the targets everytime i knocked them down and the game played perfect as long as the two target switches were adjusted NOT to work. after that i adjusted them back so they would work and the game went crazy again so i'm guessing it must be those two switches. i then called marco up asked if he had any and he said he needed a part number they couldn't find one on the website so i then looked into the manual and it didn't show any part number for those switches so i'm like damn guess i better go to pinside and see if anyone there can tell me a part number. of course if any of you have a better option i would be open to that so i'm all ears. with that being said i figured id just rebuild it all so it will last a long time that's why i was looking for the switches. i thank all of you for any input you have on this subject and even though i'm pretty good at fixing games it seems you never know enough and i love working on them almost as much as playing them thanks again to all
Jenn

#8 9 years ago

too answer you questions no,no and no and it's reading fine everything looks good really so i'm thinking it's got to be those two switches

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

Hey everyone!!

Thanks for trying to help me out. I am still having issues with this game and yes, it is still doing the same thing. I have been working a lot so I haven't been able to give you guys an update on it though.
Here is what I have done:

I replaced the molex going to the solenoid driver board, I replaced the solenoid driver board. Double checked the switches.

There appears to be some kind of short though that is connected to a lighting problem as well. Every now and then the general illumination lights on the left side ONLY go out and then they come back on after the ball bounces around. This is what led me to the molex. So I replaced the molex on the solenoid driver board, and yes it was repinned correctly (I'm really ocd about that) and then I started the game. Same problems, same issues.

This is driving me crazy, I don't know where else to look. Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Jenn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djjennie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-help-please?tu=djjennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.