• Latest reply 6 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Need to confirm whether the stock legs were the that funky dark gray or chromed; my example has chrome but it looks from what I can tell from several photos on IPDB that they’re gray.
#mata hari

#2 6 years ago

Not 100% sure but I am betting on painted gray. EM version was before the SS one and the flyer for the SS shows painted legs.

#3 6 years ago

my ss has gray fwiw

#4 6 years ago

Marco has what the originals were. I ordered these the other day to replace my bent up rusted ones on my project Mata Hari.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/P-4052-8

#5 6 years ago

I go dark grey on classic Bally. In addition to Marco:

PB Resource - http://pbresource.com/legs.html - Part # LEG-28GR - 28.5 inches Dark Grey - $57.60 per set (10% discount for orders over $100).

Pinball Life - https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=670 - $59.95 per set

#6 6 years ago

If you are cheap you can always go to the spray paint aisle of your local hardware store.

#7 6 years ago

Yes the 28 1/2" charcoal grey color is correct. Leg bolts should be 9/16th's "crowned" style. Not sure if those legs from Marco are actually correct, I'd have to see them in person to compare but they look a little different from the picture but it's hard to tell.

Yes I'm a stickler for the correct legs and bolts.

John

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yes the 28 1/2" charcoal grey color is correct. Leg bolts should be 9/16th's "crowned" style. Not sure if those legs from Marco are actually correct, I'd have to see them in person to compare but they look a little different from the picture but it's hard to tell.
John

Not to jump on someone else’s post, but.... Bally Time Zone - mine has somewhat beat up gray legs, Ipbd pics show chrome, google images mostly gray but also red and chrome. What was original?

#9 6 years ago

Great info, appreciate all the feedback.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Not to jump on someone else’s post, but.... Bally Time Zone - mine has somewhat beat up gray legs, Ipbd pics show chrome, google images mostly gray but also red and chrome. What was original?

Those legs are not correct, someone has the wrong ones on that game. If you look at the original flyer you will see that there supposed to be the typical charcoal/grey color. Chrome ribbed style is totally wrong and a sin if you ask me.
LOL.
John

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Those legs are not correct, someone has the wrong ones on that game. If you look at the original flyer you will see that there supposed to be the typical charcoal/grey color. Chrome ribbed style is totally wrong and a sin if you ask me.
LOL.
John

Thanks Dayhuff, and Dono, sorry for jumping in on your post.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not sure if those legs from Marco are actually correct, I'd have to see them in person to compare but they look a little different from the picture but it's hard to tell.
John

When I get them I'll post a side by side.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

When I get them I'll post a side by side.

That’s would be great looking forward to seeing the comparison

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

That’s would be great looking forward to seeing the comparison

Ok here is the original leg next to Marcos. The "rib" if that's what is called is about 2" longer on the original. Pretty happy with these new ones though, they're gonna look amazing on the repainted cabinet.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago

Hmm....not bad but I'm wondering why they cut it short unless it was to match the Williams legs and that way they either had to chrome or paint to save money?
I'm gonna find me some nice originals though so that they still match the other dozen games next to it.

John

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Ok here is the original leg next to Marcos. The "rib" if that's what is called is about 2" longer on the original. Pretty happy with these new ones though, they're gonna look amazing on the repainted cabinet.

Thanks for the comparison snapshot. Talked to Steve at PBR last night - he carries this leg as well; they spent quite a bit of time in matching color - didn’t ask him about details on whether the rib length matched the orignal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-em-leg-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.