• Latest reply 6 years ago by Sonora70
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B7A632C0-06D8-4737-9AFA-CC4895CF353B (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

This has just started happening on my Mata Hari. Everything works as it should except when I put a quarter in to get a credit it just continues to give credits. I have to turn the machine off to get it to stop. Once I turn the game back on it's fine, I hit start and play as normal. I did a continuity test on the coin switch and they seem to be working correctly. I've look at the schematic and I can't determine the path of the credit switches. I'm assuming this could be a bad capacitor on the mpu?

#2 6 years ago

Did you double check your dip switches? You might have them set for a bunch of credits every time the switch is hit.

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like a stuck coin switch. Does it do it with the other coin slots?

#4 6 years ago

Here is the path to the MPU. Come in to MPU on J3 pins 9-11

B7A632C0-06D8-4737-9AFA-CC4895CF353B (resized).pngB7A632C0-06D8-4737-9AFA-CC4895CF353B (resized).png

#5 6 years ago

As Cadillac says could be a bad dip switch setting. Check the dip switches for that coin chute. Remember if you change a dip switch setting you have to reboot for it to go into effect.

#6 6 years ago

Just started doing it for no reason. I checked the coin switches and they test fine.

Quoted from JT-Pinball:Here is the path to the MPU. Come in to MPU on J3 pins 9-11

Thanks for posting, I'll try to follow the path.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-doesnt-stop-giving-credits?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.