Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B243BBDB-9D91-4F98-A329-10BF5FD48C70 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I was playing a game and the right flipper just completely died. I have 45 volts on all 3 tabs. EOS switches were replaced a week ago and were working fine until now. Left flipper works fine. What should I be looking for?

#2 5 years ago

When you press the right flipper button, you should measure zero volts on the right flipper coil lug with the orange wire. Does it?

#3 5 years ago

All 3 lugs have orange wires. The lugs with only the orange wires measure zero when I push the button. The lug with the brown and orange wires still measures 45 when I push the button.

B243BBDB-9D91-4F98-A329-10BF5FD48C70 (resized).jpegB243BBDB-9D91-4F98-A329-10BF5FD48C70 (resized).jpeg
#4 5 years ago

They may not be original wires.

#5 5 years ago

It's probably more likely to be an issue the the EOS switch. If you press and hold the flipper button and manually lift the flipper bat all the way and the flipper stays up with the button still held, then your EOS switch isn't making contact and needs a clean.

BTW, the single orange wire on the end lug is the one that's supposed to come from the flipper button via the flipper enable relay on the solenoid driver board.
When pressing the flipper button, that orange wire should measures zero volts and the brown wire on the other end lug should measures 43 volts indicating you have power across the coil.

#6 5 years ago

It’s working now and I didn’t do anything except move the plunger in and out. The one diode seems to be giving different readings.

#7 5 years ago

Give the EOS switch a clean with some sandpaper to remove any protective coating from manufacture.

Compare your diode readings with the other flipper coil. A suspect diode won't stop a flipper working unless the diode blows a fuse.

#8 5 years ago

Ok thanks. The diode is reading the same now but I think you’re on to something about a coating on the switch contacts. When I compared it to the other flipper, it was reading as if the EOS was open ( I manually pushed the plunger to open it) when in fact it was closed. It’s making pretty solid contact so I will try a little sandpaper.

#9 5 years ago

Remember - we love this game! lol Right?

#10 5 years ago

Over time the solder connects to the relay and connector pins on the sol driver board go cold causing erratic problems like this. If it happens again pull that board out and reflow those connections if you haven't already done so.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Remember - we love this game! lol Right?

Haha. Of course!

Quoted from BigAl56:

Over time the solder connects to the relay and connector pins on the sol driver board go cold causing erratic problems like this. If it happens again pull that board out and reflow those connections if you haven't already done so.

It’s a newer Alltek board but I get your point. I should probably repin those connectors. The solder connections at the coil itself don’t look too great either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-dead-right-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.