Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5D86B7CC-1E5C-4250-BADF-21765D017363 (resized).jpeg
71643B7B-0D62-4959-8C5F-EBBFD8CE60AC (resized).jpeg
F18D8ED8-5787-4861-88FE-EFF1F9D12273 (resized).jpeg
ECD0F208-72ED-4314-8586-A2854940564C (resized).jpeg
2D8F369D-3E8E-479B-A64C-56D249DC314B (resized).jpeg
A65AB87D-3AB7-4A06-AE3A-71AE75573DB5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Knxwledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

Is your solenoid driver board new too? Maybe could be an issue with the 5v regulator on it if it's an original board

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Here’s a picture of the new SDB. Thanks for weighing in and I’m not understanding your last question regarding ICs. Sorry I’m a rookie on SSs.
Could you explain the last part? Thanks
[quoted image]

He means to reseat the ICs by taking them out with an extractor and putting them back in the socket. When you push down on them, put some support behind the board so it doesnt flex.

But new solenoid driver board... Im fresh out of ideas. Seems like it has to be a wiring problem somewhere. Maybe check the main AC cabinet wiring and see if anything jumps out at you, then I would start repinning all the connectors that haven't been repinned yet that deal with the 5v supply

Maybe contact barakandl and see if you can send the MPU to him for bench testing

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll do those things first and report back.

In your collection it says you have an Eight Ball. Could try taking the MPU in the Mata Hari and testing it in there. Don't forget to change the dip switches on the MPU when swapping games

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Yes I forgot about your earlier suggestion on swapping out the MPU board. The Eight Ball MPU is an original board. I’m assuming that makes no difference.

You'd have to test the aftermarket one in the Eight Ball unless you want to burn Mata Hari ROMs for your original MPU and do the test that way. I would go through and systematically swap all 3 boards, see if the problem changes or follows

#29 2 years ago

I definitely would have never suspected that. It's normal for some mounting screws to be missing and it almost never affects anything. These new boards are (in theory) designed better than the originals so if one corner of the board isn't fully grounded it shouldn't be an issue. I would expect that kind of a grounding issue to happen on something like a Gottlieb System 80 or the Bally SDBs where they dont tie all the grounds together, so if one corner of the board isn't screwed in all the way not all the board would be grounded.. Glad you got it fixed regardless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Knxwledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-cutting-out-during-gameplay-and-before?tu=Knxwledge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.