Mata Hari credits question

By phillyfan64

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Mata Hari credits question. Credits go up when they are earned but they don't count down. Is that just because the game is set up for free play? The game has a separate credits button that looks like it was added by a previous owner. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

If that added switch gets tripped when you press Start, yes the credits will decrement then increment, remaining the same. You should hear game up tune then coin drop tune back-to-back.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. I just checked it again. It's not decrementing at all, not even for a second. It just stays where it's at until a credit is earned. Is there a setting or something I'm missing? I know it can be reset to zero although I haven't done that yet.

#4 6 years ago

Is it an original board or a replacement?

#5 6 years ago

It's a replacement Alltek.

#6 6 years ago

The Alltek has a free play feature. It can be switched to normal.

#7 6 years ago

Reading the Alltek manual it looks like when you enable free play, you have to turn off the credit display. I'm guessing that's why it was turned off when I got the machine. I had turned the credit display back on.

#8 6 years ago

Can somebody clue me in here. Is this a licensing issue or something? Why can't Alltek make the credits count down in free play? It seems like it should be pretty easy.

#9 6 years ago

Seems like when the display for credits is used in free play mode, credits add but never subtract when you start a new game.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Seems like when the display for credits is used in free play mode, credits add but never subtract when you start a new game.

That's definitely true as I discovered this also. But why is that? Couldn't they just program it so the credits would work in free play? Sorry for the newbie questions. This is my first solid state game and my first Alltek board.

#11 6 years ago

Don't know the reason why credits don't count down. I leave mine normal and just add credits via the coin mech switch when needed.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Don't know the reason why credits don't count down. I leave mine normal and just add credits via the coin mech switch when needed.

Ah ha! See I thought using the normal mode meant you actually had to put quarters in the machine. I switched it to normal mode like yours and now the credits work like they should. I'm such a newbie! Thanks for the tip pinkid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
£ 185.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-credits-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.