IMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago

On mine I have the back levelers all the way up and the front all the way down. This gets it close to six degrees. Fast and fun, and a little brutal. A friend with another Mata Hari has his pretty shallow. I find it pretty floaty and not near as fun.

6 months later
#65 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone have a manual with page 7 that could be shared to this post or PM to me? I printed a manual from IPBD but page 7 is missing. Seems that there are some game specific feature adjustments on that page for other machines put out during that time. Unfortunately pg 7 is blank on mine and page 8 picks up with a section titled "C. Front Door Game Adjustments"
Im curious to know what sections A and B are.

I just checked my original printed manual. Page 7 is indeed blank.

3 months later
#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Finally joined the club.

That's cleaned up rather well. So many of these are worn to the wood, and with good reason. Mata Hari is such a fun pin!

5 months later
#159 5 years ago

Are the tops of the drops level with the playfield? They look a little low, but it may just be an optical.

2 months later
#258 5 years ago

Don't rely on a visual inspection. Pull each fuse from the machine and check for continuity with your DMM. Be sure to check the under-the-playfield fuse as well. You'll probably get a lot more eyes (and help) if you post in the TECH: EARLY SOLID STATE sub-forum. There's not a whole lot of traffic in the Mata Hari club thread.

9 months later
#420 4 years ago

Call me a traditionalist, but the original pointed Bally shooter rod is meaningful to me. I remember when they switched over to them. Walking through the crowded arcades, I knew that when I saw that shooter it would be a game worth playing. Bally was at the top of their game during that period, art, rules, gameplay, the whole package! That iconic shooter rod was a guide for where to spend my limited quarters.

6 months later
#470 3 years ago

My Mata Hari has it spaced as the above photo. The gap from the plate to apron on my Paragon is 2-2.5 times greater than MH. My guess is they centered the plate based on average ball eject point from game to game. It has never bothered me.

1 month later
#508 3 years ago

The settings for the two games are opposite, but I think there is a very different geometry involved as well. For Mata Hari, having the sling posts at the highest setting tends to bump the ball over to the outlane, especially if the upper posts are also set to conservative. I don’t believe that EBD has options for the posts above the slings, and lower posts are more or less at the level of the return lanes, increasing the odds of a bump over to the outlane, where a rebound from above would hit the return lane.

I have my Mata Hari rigged for all conservative on the playfield and the MPU both. The strategy is to nudge on the slings to shift the ball up to the A/B lane rather than straight to the oposite outlane.

1 month later
#534 3 years ago

Wellcome to the group! I think bounces from the saucer to the glass are very common. I’m not sure I know what you mean by ‘bounces behind the drop targets.’

#535 3 years ago

If you mean that you are getting glass hits when you hit where there is already a dropped target, I’d check that the drop targets are flush with the playfield when down.

1 month later
#562 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

I too have finally found the elusive Mata Hari!

Well, not too elusive. They made 16k+ of them. But that looks like a nice example from the photo. Good score! Many are worn to the wood. I’ve seen that black back box trim on a few other photos. I’m not sure if that is a factory variant or what. It is yellow on most. In any case, it’s a super fun game. Welcome to the club!

1 month later
#577 3 years ago

That looks like a nice survivor. Good score!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome?tu=zombywoof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.