IMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Best I could tell Mata Hari doesn't have a club yet, so here it is. Feel free to share your Mata Hari stories, pics, tips, tricks, questions, answers, etc.

I have very vivid memories of playing Mata Hari as an 11 year old. So vivid in fact that when I came across one for sale at SFGE 2015, I bought it. Me and my son guarded the game until my wife could track down the owner Mark and make the deal. Strategically loaded it in a Saturn Vue along with luggage, coolers, 3 humans and trekked it 6 hours back to Louisville. Other than some cosmetic issues that need addressing, this has been quite the dependable game. It ran for 3 straight days at the Louisvlle Arcade Expo 2016 and never went down once. Proud of my Mata Hari!

At LAX 2011, I won a CPR plastics set for MH by placing 3rd in the pinball tournament... Sold 'em, Doh!!

-Steve

#4 7 years ago

Nice find on the CPR. Right after I bought my MH, Planetary (I think) had 1 CPR MH left. I was waiting for a good paycheck and missed out on it... I was bummed!

#13 7 years ago

Jealous of you guys with the CPR PFs... I might get lucky and snag one someday... I'm on the list for a Space Invaders and Old Chicago (if they get enough interest for OC that is).

2 months later
#25 7 years ago

Wow!... That looks fantastic! Nice job!!!

-Steve

1 month later
#27 7 years ago

I would closely examine every inch of the ground braid again. It sure sounds like something is touching somewhere.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Got it! A tab was founded over and basically welded on a lamp socket. Broke it loose and it worked!!

Good job, man... Glad you found it.

7 months later
#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Picked Up a second Mata Hari for some reason. Is there any clean backglass scans out there?

I'd check with bgresto.com ... They do wonderful work. I have an Eight Ball with a missing back glass and I was quoted $250 + shipping for them to make me one.

-Steve

1 month later
#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

What's the current value for a good player with a little pf wear?

My MH fits this description exactly. I paid $650 for mine in 2015.

4 weeks later
#47 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I played your machine for hours at that convention! Nice game.
I picked up a MH from an neighbor moving across the country in July 2015.

Thanks! If you were able to see it in full light though it needs everything you've done to yours. Some plastics are warped, needs a good cleaning, pop bumper caps are melted in the middle, pop spoons need adjusting, saucer frayed badly... A typical players game, but I love it all the same.

1 week later
#52 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinballman:

Can't find any CPR reproduction play fields so I'm wanting to make a vinyl overlay.

At the time I bought my MH at SFGE 2015, Planetary Pinball had 1 MH CPR PF left. I wanted to wait for a couple more paychecks and then snag it, but a month later it was gone. I should have known better!!!

-Steve

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Wish CPR would do another run.

Ya, me too. But with 4 in "the pipe", 14 on the standard pre-order list and 10 in the boutique zone list it's not looking good for quite a few years to come. But there's so many MH's that would benefit from a new repro PF I can see them doing a run eventually, just not in the next 5 to 10 years. I'm on the Space Invaders and Old Chicago lists, both are a ways off yet.

-Steve

6 months later
#73 6 years ago

Wow! Most folks selling on eBay are fishermen. There's so many new people in the hobby that won't know any better and hit Buy It Now hook, line, and sinker... My MH was $650 and in no worse shape then this one. He put an Altec in it so you would think he knows the hobby well enough to know what it's really worth... And it's not worth $3,495 that's for sure... It'll sit there relisted numerous times until one of his buddies offers the $600-$800 that it's actually worth.

I'll admit that prices have up a little over the years and people can ask whatever they want for their game, I don't have a problem with that. I would just hope that people (the buyers) educate themselves before falling for something like this. When I first started in this hobby 8 years ago you could find $650 Gorgars and $800 High Speeds all day long. They've gone up for sure, but man, $3.5K for a players MH is just wrong.

-Steve

3 months later
#117 5 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

My MH is Patiently waiting for her Hardtop to be made..... But she is getting a new set of CPR plastics tonight.....

I'm patiently waiting myself... Can't wait to see how it looks and plays afterwards!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome?tu=vdrums2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.