IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6456 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 5 years ago

Hey fellow pinsiders. I just flew down to the Carolinas to help a friend put together a MH. I’ve never even seen one so if anyone has tips please let me know. It’s supposedly all worked over and the owner passed. So I’m helping keep the wife’s dream alive. Thanks

#220 5 years ago

Ok didn’t know until I got here. It’s an SS. Anyone know which cables connect where ?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#222 5 years ago

Ok got them all connected. Lights work. Can add free games. Even shows scoring. But flippers aren’t working and no sound??

#223 5 years ago

Oh sorry first thing - thank you! Help here is amazing and this woman needed so all is grateful

#226 5 years ago

Looked at all fuses. And yes hit the small red button. But don’t know the use. I see it going thru looks like diagnostics on the read outs ??

#229 5 years ago

Take a look at this. Could this be our problem?

7D0A6121-91F6-43D3-B37B-3B9E6B510CE7 (resized).jpeg7D0A6121-91F6-43D3-B37B-3B9E6B510CE7 (resized).jpegFE8FCA9D-3398-4FCC-8E51-1BBF65F6C11B (resized).jpegFE8FCA9D-3398-4FCC-8E51-1BBF65F6C11B (resized).jpeg
#233 5 years ago

It’s not mine But what is a hard top? Noobie here

2 weeks later
#237 5 years ago

Slowly. Waiting on driver board repairs

#242 5 years ago

Lights work. Can add free games. Even shows scoring. But flippers aren’t working and no sound?? Game wouldn't boot up.

The bottom left corner of the board has some burnt areas. Thought it was just a few burnt transistors. I went on line and bought her a "used" board, but looked good and had all parts. When it arrived, it was missing several items (I needed one to just plug and play as I left and the lady owning it isn't able to do more than that). I contacted the guy who sold me the board and promised me he'd send the exact one I bought and another board (why??) so when those two arrived, they too were missing parts and not anything like what I purchased. UGH! One good thing, he refunded all my money, so just wasted 3 weeks.

So now she has her original board and 3 "parts" boards...I'm trying to find someone who'd take the 4 and make me one good one if possible (or cheaper to find one already rebuilt?)

a couple of notes / comments:

We're good friends and as it's above her skill set on the repairs , she's going to sell me the machine. Looking over past comments on the playfield and the current condition - what is a good price for me and fair to her for this game? I didn't think it was too bad (you should see the Double Barrel from 1961 for a real bad playfield!)

It does have the writing on the dagger, and from my own touch on the playfield, it felt like plastic. (As I knew nothing about the game, I didn't think further, just wanted to get it running for her). But researching it further, could this be one of the prototypes? I see wood around the kick out hole though? (I think)

There are some other small things, like a "possible" coil issue on the left side drop target reset (her husband had it apart, so we just put it together, which may later once it's started, we find out it needs replaced??)

No matter what the price, I will have this one eventually. So any and all help is greatly appreciated.

#243 5 years ago
IMG_7162 (resized).jpgIMG_7162 (resized).jpg
#244 5 years ago

That is a roached playfield . Winter project is coming !

#247 5 years ago

Good stuff there thanks! I was only with this machine for a couple of hours and worked mainly putting it together and cables connected. Found the one reset disassembled and got so far with it. All started out great. Then got to the point mentioned above. Looking at those photos and the two I have of this one not sure. Can’t see clearly enough on my phone to see the details around the kick out. But looked like wood.

May sound corny here but before I pick it up I want to fix it for her so she can play it some. (Last thing her husband worked on before passing.) I think it’s down to this board but I could be wrong. Even if it’s only 50% working until I go get it, it would put a smile on her face

#248 5 years ago

And read through your refurb posts. Amazing job dude! I’ve never done a full refurb like that. But that Double Barrel looks to be my first victim. Lol. If I’d get half way to your level I’d be happy

2 weeks later
#249 5 years ago

Update - Mata Hari is On her way to the home of rock and roll I drove down last night driving her back tonight still not working yet although with the help of a secret Santa pinsider we do have a rebuilt board I’m hoping it’s just a connection in one of the pins

I was attached a photo of the cabling inside the head if anyone can look that over to make sure were evnen plugged in correctly that’s a start for me

Right now the displays are not working no sound no Credit adds no start up again I think it may just be one of the wires pulled out of the connection pins as some of this did work before we change boards.

Ahh a new challenge !!

F83800B3-6740-49A2-994E-604F5C24405C (resized).jpegF83800B3-6740-49A2-994E-604F5C24405C (resized).jpeg
#250 5 years ago

Back home safe and sound. After 9 hour drive back what do I do ? Of course unload her and put her together. Still wasn’t working. Then closer inspection I found a 4A fuse blown. That started her up. Then going thru the diagnostics I found a couple of switches that just needed adjusted and a broken blade on a flipper switch. All fixed and seems to be working now.

The knocker has one conductor disconnected and for some reason the 10k chime isn’t working It’s also telling me the #16 coin lockout door solinoid isn’t working. What is that and do I need to fix it? Lol

Bedsides those 3 items she looks and plays beautifully ! One item of note and I’ve never played this game but the drop target points seem to keep adding for a while. Even after the ball drains. Then finally finished and kicks the next one out. Is that normal?

#251 5 years ago
0DE2AA9A-8D01-4A7F-B5D2-208D0C3C7B42 (resized).jpeg0DE2AA9A-8D01-4A7F-B5D2-208D0C3C7B42 (resized).jpegB59E0ABE-4344-41EF-B818-5ADAF5D2C1C3 (resized).jpegB59E0ABE-4344-41EF-B818-5ADAF5D2C1C3 (resized).jpeg
#253 5 years ago

Thanks! Found a loose wire on the knocker and the coin door. Alligator clipped them and those now work - so time to solder a lil bit.

I’ll run thru the drops in a bit to see what those issues are.

Now for the 10k chime and she’s almost there!

#254 5 years ago

I do notice a slight hum coming from the coin door solinoid (now that I had to clipped together). Once I remove the clip the noise goes away?

It does activate during the diagnostics as it’s supposed to. Just a loud hummmm. Maybe that’s why they had it disconnected? Not needed I guess for home use anyhow ?

#256 5 years ago

Looks like I spoke too soon... Thought I’d hit one out of the park. Everything was working fine. I left her on while I went to get a burger. Came back after half an hour and the displays are out and no game again.
Looked over the fuses (closely this time) all look good.
There is a small fuse on the SDB that looked empty. I took it out and it was. Even one end cap came off. Silly question but is this a needed item (as in causing it not to reboot, never mind what caused the fuse to blow).
Reason I ask the cpu board small green light flashes with or without the fuse. Then nuttin

#257 5 years ago

I am getting the 7 flashes on the cpu board if that helps. But no start up music after that like it was earlier. No booting up whatsoever ????

#260 5 years ago

Good points on all thanks!

#261 5 years ago

Pulling them all and checking I’ve tried to put back what’s called for. But then I find in a 3a spot a 20a fuse. What’s up with that ? Lol. I guess they just put in what ever they had. But likely the case of any burnouts. Ugh

#264 5 years ago

oh, that looks sweet...but yeah, not like the one on the PF...and yeah, that tiger is yawning! Let me know how that turns out because...Mata Hari

#270 5 years ago

Well I took what "Phillyfan64" showed us with the LED's (although I just changed out the bulbs in the head, didn't add any strips, etc) and man did that make it pop! Love the look, to me it adds to the beauty. Photo's doesn't do it justice IMHO

MH W LEDs (resized).jpgMH W LEDs (resized).jpg
#272 5 years ago

Hey, another item I found on this one when I was looking at another's interior photos. When I do the diagnostics, one of the solenoids not working is the 10k chime. Then I look inside...and the 2nd chime box is not even there! lol It looks like the wiring is there to extend from in the 2nd photo (if someone can confirm).

So if anyone knows where to find that, I'd like to get it just so the sounds are accurate.

As far as checking the other chime box, my extra large derriere couldn't fit in to get a good look, so I just pulled my camera and took some photos to see what was down there...surprise there too!

I've added 3 photos below, the last one, if you zoom in to the coil on the left - the wires look fried! Although it's still working! How? I'll pull that chime box off and re-install a conductor there as needed, just wonder if this may have caused any other issues?

MH Chime 1 (resized).jpgMH Chime 1 (resized).jpgMH Chime 2 (resized).jpgMH Chime 2 (resized).jpgMH Chime 3 (resized).jpgMH Chime 3 (resized).jpg
#274 5 years ago

ahhh, that is one clean machine! And yes, 2nd chime box, one coil and one larger chime bar...I'll find one somewhere!

#276 5 years ago

Followed your lead there my friend, thanks for the ideas!

#281 5 years ago

Hey MRM_4 - any way you could take a measurement on that 10k bar length? I think I found a replacement box with one bar, but can't tell if it's the 10k chime bar, or if someone removed the 10's and 100's bar and this is actually a 1k bar left on it? Thinking the 10k bar would be a little longer? IDK

I guess if nothing else, I'll have the chime box and coil, and it'll still make a sound, but love it if it would be a different tone than the 1k chime I already have.

#282 5 years ago

Here's what we have so far...(the photo title was labeled 1k chime, hence my hesitation)...but again, it's all there , just may have the wrong size chime bar?

Bally_1000pt_Chime (resized).jpgBally_1000pt_Chime (resized).jpg
#283 5 years ago

IDK - looking at the photos (yours and this one), the way the chime bar over runs the ends of the attachment plate, the 1k bar doesn't extend that far past, so I'm thinking this is a 10k chime bar?? Thoughts/comments?

#285 5 years ago

Thanks! I get this one totally working, maybe you come over and show me how to get a high score like that! I'm getting better on fixing, but still can't play worth a crap! lol My playfield also needs looked at. Looks like someone took various photos and patched it together. All still smooth for play, but you can see the lines, so it's not like a collector model or anything. Not bad enough to sink money into to replace, but thought I'd get someone's thoughts /opinions on what they did, how they did it? Like I said in an earlier post, it almost seems like a plastic coating, so maybe they clear coated this after playfield mods? Not experienced enough to know this stuff? But love the sound of this one when it fires up and during play. Can't wait to get that other chime now!

#288 5 years ago

I was having a ghosting issue with the left pop bumper. It was just going off on it own. Checked and adjust switches and Found a leg broken off the small green capacitor Resoldered and all was ok. Then after say 10 games it started again. Kind of comes and goes. Not every game. Possibly a bad cap and I just need to replace it? Or the diode ? Suggestions ?

#290 5 years ago

Is there a std size I can order like the diodes or are there certain sizes for diff switches? Thanks!

#296 5 years ago

Welcome to the club! Love this machine!

MRM_4 : does this look like the correct cap's? -

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/qyx1h473ktp1fd/nichicon

Just want to be sure before purchasing. (Free next day shipping form these guys and great prices)

Let me know, thanks!

#298 5 years ago

Found that the one leg on the cap wasn’t soldered as I’d thought. Resoldered and that was the issue. I did order a dozen so once received I’ll still change out

Also installed the chime box. Hooked everything up and although it does stroke when it’s suppsoed to, it is very weak. I cleaned the plunger and replaced the sleeve. Barely moves. Ideas?

#301 5 years ago

aha, now as I've only checked it using the diagnostic red button (and hear it when it first powers up) - where is the actual "switch" for the 10k chime?

Does it activate when a score adds up to 10k, or say when the 50k light is on???? It's a little different from a lane/target/kicker as I don't know where the direct switch is located?

#302 5 years ago

From "mrm_4" on an earlier posting:

"The 10k one dings when you get all the drop targets or if the 50k out lane is lit."

But is there a certain switch that activates this 10k chime?

#304 5 years ago

got it! Will work on this tonight (again) lol Just when I think it's all 100%...again...

#305 5 years ago

So, back on this now that I have some time and parts..lol With the above info, and the possible need to clean the switches for this 10k chime, where would that/those be located ?

Also - I did receive the caps yesterday and put 2 in (both on the pop bumpers as the other one also had a leg broken off) - one doesn't work at all, the other is on continuous fire....is there a possibility these can be put in "backwards"? I didn't really see any markings as I see on a diode as far as one leg goes to one switch blade, etc.

I may have just done a crappy job, so that's on the plan for tonight, but if I've put these in wrong, please let me know. (I purchased the larger style and the smaller style as well, and I put in the larger ones. Plan was to use the smaller ones this evening, but again, didn't know if there is an orientation to these?

#306 5 years ago

Well, it could have been a crappy job but replaced both of those with the smaller ones you referenced and viola she’s working again. While checking, one of the others wasn’t even working (switch bent open on left bottom) so fixed that and maybe it’s me but they all seem so much more responsive. Either way she’s playing again- now to get that 10k chime fully working ! Thanks again for everyone’s help ! Love this machine!

#307 5 years ago

I hate this machine ! Lol after a few games the left pop bumper started going off again. I went ahead and changed out the other two so that’s all four pop’s have new caps. I think there are only two left (outer lanes switches )??

The switch is open. I can see the coil just going off

Any other suggestions ?

Weird. It’s almost like Morse code...

#308 5 years ago

Seriously, I love this machine...just hate that things continuously stop working ...but it is an old machine and I too break down from time to time

Just wondering if this whole "change all the capacitors under the playfield isn't some type of "snipe hunt" for a newbie lol I did get plenty of soldering experience, so if nothing else it was a learning experience ha!

I will change out the last two switch cap's this evening, perhaps one of those is actually causing the issue? Seems like a far stretch, but I'm learning.

Just seeing if there may be some other ideas that I may look into that may be causing this ghosting issue on the pop bumper??

Thanks!

#310 5 years ago

HA! Someone knew what I was talking about! (old boy scout!) lol

I'll look, the one going off is fine, but maybe one of the others? I'll change out the other two caps as well...I'll get this! Thanks!

#311 5 years ago

Replaced the outer lane switch cap’s as well. Funny thing the left pop quit working totally. So I clipped one end of the cap on it - then it’s working. And no phantom qhosting now. Weird ?

Now that we’re playing her more one of the flippers is getting a lil slow. So that sounds like the next item to work on.

I do get the occasional ball stuck in the saucer. Adjusted that switch as far as I can. 85% of the time it works. It just those other 15%. Ugh

Did I say I love this machine ? Lol

#313 5 years ago

Will do ! Thanks! I’m out of town right now but by Friday I’ll report back

#316 5 years ago

Ugh sorry. Replied to that post. Lol. Anywho - one of the fork legs is gone on mine. Broken off it seems. So raise the other up and over a bit maybe?

#320 5 years ago

Found and read the post Billc479, great info! Thank you. I did find a used one on Ebay, $11 includes shipping. Get that next week and I'll throw it in there. Id say having both of the blades on the fork will take care of my intermittent non-kick out.

1 year later
#614 3 years ago

Question for all you MH lovers - my game is playing fine (needs some playfield love later on but love this machine) - but after we hit several drop targets, the scoring seems to take a while to catch up. Like it's still ringing up points, while the ball is still moving around. Then say it lands in the bonus hole, it may take a second for the scoring to catch up, then it scores the bonus and releases the ball.

It's like when it awards "thousands" -it gives it in "hundreds" and it seems like it takes a while for the scoring to catch up (this is only when you hit several targets at once...one or two quickly and it scores quickly. No issues.

I've replaced "all" caps under the playfield (thought it was a snipe hunt, but took care of it anyhow) - but could have an issue there.

I just didn't know if this is how they play, or if I have an issue somewhere ? And if so, where would I start? Is this a board component issue, switch or diode issue? Or just how the old game played at that time? (As it's a cross over from EM to SS - thought it may be inherent to the design?) Mine is the SS model. (Sad to say, love to find an EM!)

#617 3 years ago

Sounds good, just wanted to be sure. I can be having a killer game, racking up points and my GF (playing another game) gets frustrated it's sitting there ringing up points! ha! She beats my scores on the newer games, but cant match me on these older games! Thanks for the confirmation!

Just saw "Mathazar's" post as well - yes, scoring correct ( had a stuck switch once and yes, it was similar and annoying, so adjusted that) But scores correct. It's when I hit say the 2nd round of targets, it takes a while to score all points.

Again - if it awarded in "thousands" it would go quick, but as "slochar" states, it seems to be just queued up and adding by the "hundreds", which take a bit.

#619 3 years ago

Ha! Yes same game. And I did replace the diodes - what that was 2 years ago already? Wow.
That did stop the run away scoring and adjusting a few blades as that too was an issue.
I’ll check some videos to see if this one is acting correctly or someone needs to stop by and play this one !

#620 3 years ago

Ok - after playing several games tonight it’s confirmed - it is just adding the targets “500” points each - by hundreds When I hit two then quickly hit one across - while it is chiming away , I’ll hit another one or two and the hundreds keeps chiming. So it’s working correctly Sorry for the confusion

I guess I was thinking it would automatically round up to the thousands quickly but as you said thats prob not even possible to program

3 years later
#818 27 days ago

Just completed my first playfield swap!

The new (to me) PF still had the ground grid and under mounted light fixtures so that made it so much easier (orig owner marked all ground spots with wire colors. Kudo to you!)

New rails (whole new experience) , rebuilt pops, went ahead and replaced all boards and displays , rebuilt flippers (red ones!) , LED’s, rubbers - she’s playing like a new lady of the night!

Sorry for the numerous photos but a short step by step (wire harness, switches, all mechs - moved in one swipe!).

IMG_6341 (resized).jpegIMG_6341 (resized).jpegIMG_6363 (resized).jpegIMG_6363 (resized).jpegIMG_6386 (resized).jpegIMG_6386 (resized).jpegIMG_6456 (resized).jpegIMG_6456 (resized).jpegIMG_6457 (resized).jpegIMG_6457 (resized).jpegIMG_6458 (resized).jpegIMG_6458 (resized).jpegIMG_6459 (resized).jpegIMG_6459 (resized).jpegIMG_6461 (resized).jpegIMG_6461 (resized).jpegIMG_6472 (resized).jpegIMG_6472 (resized).jpegIMG_6473 (resized).jpegIMG_6473 (resized).jpegIMG_6474 (resized).jpegIMG_6474 (resized).jpegIMG_6476 (resized).jpegIMG_6476 (resized).jpegIMG_6479 (resized).jpegIMG_6479 (resized).jpeg
#820 24 days ago

So, my somewhat original cabinet is orange - much like my older playfield and plastics -

Was it this way originally or has it faded?

As I like the red, would it be sacrilege to go with a more red paint scheme?

And one last question - as I'm def not a painter (or plumber, or electrician, or carpenter for that matter - the things we learn we're not as we grow older) - but what's the consensus on these:

ebay.com link: itm

newer style cabinet decals vs painting?

#822 24 days ago

Yes, yours and mrm_4 's machines are immaculate in my opinion. Love to have my cab look like that. But that's time and dedication - oh and a little thing I don't have - painting talents! lol

I tried stencils before and it looked like a 1st grader did it..lol

Red is the way to go!

#824 24 days ago

well "Mopar" talked me into making a shroud for my shuffle bowler, I may try my hand at painting..again...lol

I do like the results you guys are getting out of the can. That's the only way I'd be able to do it.

#827 19 days ago

I have mine shooting across to the left flipper.

Not sure of that's correct per original play?

Slightly bent the top portion of that metal bar coming up. Someone had broken the tip of my original kicker, so be careful if doing so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome?tu=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.