IMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joydivision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

Just finishing up my Mata Hari project. The cabinet was re-painted and the playfield has been clear coated.

Looks beautiful!

2 months later
#177 5 years ago

I love this game too, yep, outside lanes are brutal for sure on this game, especially annoying if the 50k is not lit. love the kind of lumbering sound of the chimes when you get the 50k (from either outlanes or the drops).

Another thing I really like is the knocker sound from being located in the head instead of the cabinet, sounds so crisp & loud!

One thing I find pretty frustrating with my game & i'm sure many others other Mata Haris have the same problem is the cupped bonus inserts, which the ball sometimes catches slightly on an upper bonus lamp & then follows the straight line of bonus lamps down the centre to drain. I know a playfield protector would address this problem with the cupped inserts.

My Firepower had the same cupped bonus lamp issue - a protector completely rectified this.

2 weeks later
#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I am having issues with my MH droptargets. Often one or several target "pop out" of their... track when resetting, and gets stuck higher above the playfield than the rest. This makes it impossible to knock them down, and prevents from collecting the 50.000 points.

Anyone with same isdue, have a solution?

Something here to look at, same type of assembly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-drop-target-unit#post-4595761

The reset arms/links look worn where they have been hitting the back plate (common) & wear a groove in the arms & the back plate. The holes also wear & become elongated adding to sloppy operation. Looks like a nail has been installed to take up the slop in one slot.

Arms/links should stop short of hitting the back plate if everything is tight & correctly adjusted.

2 months later
#294 5 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Love Mata Hari because it was the first pin that intimidated me by punishing me for stupid shots. Not the cruelest in that respect but a valuable lesson learned at age 15 in a bowling alley in Delaware, circa 1979. Donna Summer blaring on the jukebox.
Also just a beautiful machine with drop targets in the perfect place.

I have a similar experience as you playing Mata Hari in 1979 at age 15 also, only I was in a greasy Fish N' Chip shop on the other side of the world with cooking sounds & shouting instead of Donna Summer in the background!

1 year later
#447 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Mostly, the coindoor sticker for 80-82 Bally solid states, where a reproduction is available but it's incorrect. Real nitpicky but it bugs the heck out of me.

I won't use the current reproduction decals - I hate the way they are wrong too, they look terrible to me when juxtaposed with the correct Pinball Rescue decal as you did.

Every now & then I do a Google search only to be dissapointed again...

8 months later
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Forgot to mention the saucer was pretty chewed-up, that was fixed my color matching some wood filler epoxy, even drew in some wood grain stains to match!

The saucer turned out great, that a tricky one to do to look good, mine is chewed up & I want to do a similar repair. Did you add paint/color to the wood filler epoxy to match the color or did you find an epoxy that came out of the tube that color? can I ask what wood filler epoxy product you used? all the wood filler epoxy products I have seen are either grey in color or are quite a different wood color to the saucer.

1 week later
#606 3 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

Maybe place an ad on here for the transformer.

May pay to wait if you are in no hurry for a transformer, new transformers are currently being manufactured for SS Bally games. However they will be sold as a complete package with a rectifier.

I read they will be available from next year - maybe from Pinballlife in the US who stock Homepin parts.

https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/photos/a.111986629573489/830968014342010/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joydivision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome?tu=joydivision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.