IMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Picked this up today.

Heh.....Mata Hari logo in the Banzai Run typeface.

1 year later
#433 4 years ago

Pinside has no estimated value for an EM Mata Hari, anyone care to speculate what it might be for a basketcase machine up through a player's condition macine? Does rarity equal a higher price tag for this title?

2 weeks later
#436 4 years ago

Just picked up this freebie, it was the SS version after all. Not sure what I'm going to do with it; although it needs a ton of work, I am steadfastly against parting out any game other than an utterly trashed basket case. The playfield is fairly decent but for some slingshot wear and a line up the middle that must be due to woodgrain. It's been sitting in a shed and garage since the 80's. At the very least, it's got a pretty nice backglass except for a couple of small scratches, plus it's the inscribed knife version. And how did I never realize that that's a tophat behind the baron?
101_0446 (resized).JPG101_0446 (resized).JPG101_0436 (resized).JPG101_0436 (resized).JPG101_0438 (resized).JPG101_0438 (resized).JPG101_0440 (resized).JPG101_0440 (resized).JPG101_0441 (resized).JPG101_0441 (resized).JPG101_0442 (resized).JPG101_0442 (resized).JPG101_0444 (resized).JPG101_0444 (resized).JPG

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Ha! I never noticed the Baron

I'd never seen a Mata Hari backglass up close before. The level of detail is just amazing. Dave Christensen was a hell of an artist.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Did you find where he hid his signature yet?

Yeah, not really hidden but pretty tiny. I decided that I'm going to re-pin the connectors and throw an Alltek in there and try to get her up and running, and then just do a clean up and fix anything broken (like those pop bumper skirts) for now. Then I'll decide if it's a keeper or a seller. Not gonna sink a ton of money into a resto for a game I may not keep.

Has anyone here used one of the apron sticker sets from Planetary Pinball on their apron? That's one part that I will have to restore, as mine is pretty rusty. Might as well save myself the time of scanning and recreating the artwork myself if the PP set is any good.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm in the middle of my MH restore & recently repainted the apron. I used the decals from Classicaracdes. Some people have had mixed results on the color matching for various titles, but I thought the MH decals worked out well. No black outlines but they work for me. See my thread for pics.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-mata-hari/page/4#post-5263679

I've read through your whole thread, and you've done a really nice job on your resto. I would be thrilled if my apron was in the condition yours was pre-resto. The lack of black outlines on the artwork would be a deal-breaker for me though, so it's either PP decals or scan and make my own. I may decide to go with waterslide decals and then clearcoat after application if I can't find a vinyl printer source for them.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks it’s coming along now. I’ll post some pics in here when it’s done.
I debated going the water slide decal route, but I thought it was going to be too much extra work.
It’s a shame these guys lost their Bally/Williams license, because I think their product would have been a good option.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron.html

Yeah, every time Pinball Rescue comes up in a google search, I cry a little inside because there's SO much stuff I'd like to order from them that they no longer make. Mostly, the coindoor sticker for 80-82 Bally solid states, where a reproduction is available but it's incorrect. Real nitpicky but it bugs the heck out of me.

COIN (resized).jpgCOIN (resized).jpg
1 week later
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well I guess I can finally post in here. Just finished my 7 month long MH restoration. It was my first restoration attempt & It turned out better than I ever expected.
Cabinet repaired & repainted. All new Altek boards. Every connector repinned. All mechs repaired & replaced new. Coin door restored. New LED displays. Hardtop installed. I lost track of how much money I put into it, but the experienced gained was worth it, and the fact that now I have a sweet playing MH.
Enjoy the pics!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-mata-hari
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks phenomenal.

You and mrm_4 have convinced me to redo mine, though it will be at the other end of the spectrum; just enough to get it working and playable. I'll replace everything broken, clean everything cleanable (already accomplished a lot of this), repaint the apron and legs, and that's about it. Gonna keep it as close to $0 as possible.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I had another set I post earlier that I was going to tell you about jibmums but those puppies went fast!
[quoted image]

My plastics are actually pretty good, no cracks just a few ink rubs from the screws underneath. Actually there's one crack, on the right arch by the baron's epaulet, somehow it's in the middle of the plastic yet doesn't extend to the edge. No idea how that might have been accomplished. Perhaps a dagger thrust.

#456 4 years ago

I've never had a Bally game with a rebound assembly on the upper playfield before, is the rubber donut supposed to have a metal cylinder in its hole? There isn't one in the drawing in the parts book, but mine has one and it looks original.

1 month later
#463 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I'm working from home today (like most everyone lately) and had the TV on in my office as background noise. A 70's suspense movie (When a Stranger Calls, 1979) was playing on Showtime and I just happened to glance up at the screen at the right time and saw a nice SS Mata Hari. [quoted image]

Heh heh....that was the first R-rated movie I ever snuck into when I was underage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome?tu=jibmums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.