IMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GeoKansas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#602 3 years ago

Greetings fellow Mata Hari owners. I guess I'm officially in the club. I bought a Mata Hari, (SS) but it has some BIG issues. I picked it up for $250. This was the last pin I needed to round out my college era of machines that was located in our student union during my education at the time. (1978-'82)

So, The cab is in pretty good shape, but the head is gutted. Gutted — as in no boards, transformer or backglass. The latter I took care of from the good folks at CPR. It's not a translight and is 3/16" thick. It put me back a few Benjies to say the least.

I thought I would first post here and kindly ask if there might be anyone here wishing to help direct me in finding the correct boards and transformer (pic of top number) or if any of you wish to offer up any for sale. There are a couple of posts on fleebay that has three boards for about $300 including shipping. I'm not sure if they are in working order.

It's going to take some mental fortitude and a lot of patience to resurrect this baby and I thank you all in advance for any encouragement. Otherwise I am sure it would of been parted out and headed inside a dumpster. The exterior cab and head are actually in really pretty good shape. I know there's a ton of work ahead of me. Thanks again. Yeah, I know. I'm nuts.

#604 3 years ago

Thanks for the welcome @phillyfan64! Your suggestions is kinda what I was thinking. The other two will be kinda hard to find. I will post pics tomorrow of this, um, beast? I am still trying to recuperate from the 1100K-mile round trip to get this and a few other machines.

#607 3 years ago

Joydivision thanks for the link. I really appreciate all the help. I'm a relative newbie to the hobby. I know I have a large mountain to climb and the learning curve might be a bit challenging, but I am up for it. I soak this stuff up like a sponge.

I am going with my college theme on my collection. Mostly System 1s? 5101 chips I assume? Anyway, is there any one who has the actual MPU number I can use to build around? I have no idea the number on this MPU. I mean everything in this head unit is GONE.

eagle18 you and I have the same taste in pins. Before I move on and work my way up to new pins, I want to learn these machines inside and out. My mentor and friend toddsvec is my go-to-guy. He lives a half an hour away. This man is working his ass off. He's so busy, I find myself holding back asking questions. I am in no hurry to repair all my pins from 1978 to 1981 at once. LMAO

I'm like a damn squirrel — I can't seem to focus on fixing one machine and moving on. I am, however, an artist. So, I have that going for me. Thanks again for helping a greenhorn like me starting out.

Also, would someone please be kind enough to post the URL for these boards? I would be sincerely grateful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GeoKansas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome?tu=GeoKansas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.