IMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg
There are 838 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I am having issues with my MH droptargets. Often one or several target "pop out" of their... track when resetting, and gets stuck higher above the playfield than the rest. This makes it impossible to knock them down, and prevents from collecting the 50.000 points.
Anyone with same isdue, have a solution?

Post some pictures of the drop target assembly from under the playfield. It might be assembled incorrectly.

#202 5 years ago

Here are some photos of the cirrent "fault state. I can bring it down and take some photos if necesdary. It happens to several of them, not just this one.

20181108_144829 (resized).jpg20181108_144829 (resized).jpg20181108_144903 (resized).jpg20181108_144903 (resized).jpg20181108_144925 (resized).jpg20181108_144925 (resized).jpg20181108_144934 (resized).jpg20181108_144934 (resized).jpg
#203 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottoKong:

Just picked up a Mata Hari. Looking for colour matching paint for cabinet touch ups. I might respray the back box. Anyone got colour codes or can recommend rattle can brands.

Molotow spray paint looks to be available in Australia - Signal Red and Signal Yellow have been recommended...you may need to purchase a fat cap for each color allowing a wider spray pattern. I plan on using these colors for my EM restoration...stripping the cabinet now.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Here are some photos of the cirrent "fault state. I can bring it down and take some photos if necesdary. It happens to several of them, not just this one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing obvious from the pictures that I can see. Are your springs real weak or worn out? PBR has replacement springs. You are also using hooded targets instead of the correct tombstone style but that shouldn’t cause this issue. The other thing that comes to mind is maybe the reset bar is lifting the targets too high. That bar can be lowered by loosening the allen screws on each end and lowering the bar, then retighten the screws. There is some trial and error here because the bar being too low can cause the targets to drop down immediately after they are reset.

#205 5 years ago

You can try loosening this allen screw on each end and slightly lowering the reset bar. It could be pushing the targets up too high and causing them to pop out of their slots.

JPEG image (resized).jpegJPEG image (resized).jpeg
#206 5 years ago

One other important thing to check. What kind and what size rubber are you using behind the drop targets? Are you sure the targets are not hitting the rubber on the way up? Looks awfully close in the picture.

#207 5 years ago

Pushing the ball guides down farther definitely helped solve the problem. The ball has a clean roll to the flippers now. Thanks

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Pushing the ball guides down farther definitely helped solve the problem. The ball has a clean roll to the flippers now. Thanks

Thats great! Glad it worked

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I am having issues with my MH droptargets. Often one or several target "pop out" of their... track when resetting, and gets stuck higher above the playfield than the rest. This makes it impossible to knock them down, and prevents from collecting the 50.000 points.

Anyone with same isdue, have a solution?

Something here to look at, same type of assembly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-drop-target-unit#post-4595761

The reset arms/links look worn where they have been hitting the back plate (common) & wear a groove in the arms & the back plate. The holes also wear & become elongated adding to sloppy operation. Looks like a nail has been installed to take up the slop in one slot.

Arms/links should stop short of hitting the back plate if everything is tight & correctly adjusted.

1 week later
#210 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Hardtop IS coming soon

Real soon.

MH Hardtop 4 (resized).jpgMH Hardtop 4 (resized).jpg
#211 5 years ago

Sure beats this:

BAD MH PF (resized).jpgBAD MH PF (resized).jpg
#212 5 years ago
Quoted from 64bsstp:

Real soon.[quoted image]

Such a pretty playfield. I miss her in my collection.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from 64bsstp:

Real soon.[quoted image]

IS THAT THE HARD TOP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

IS THAT THE HARD TOP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. The prototype. They should be for sale real soon (usually a few days, once it took 2 weeks).

#215 5 years ago

Hello fans of the mata hari Happy Thanksgiving
. So I tried to improve the GI lighting left side was intermittent out of know were on the rectifier board the plug was a little burnt replaced the plug still no change then decide to put in a new rectifier board now the left side fix and the right sides not working any ideas. . ? Any help would really be appreciated

#217 5 years ago

Sounds like you need to repin the connectors that attach to the rectifier board.

#218 5 years ago

Hey fellow pinsiders. I just flew down to the Carolinas to help a friend put together a MH. I’ve never even seen one so if anyone has tips please let me know. It’s supposedly all worked over and the owner passed. So I’m helping keep the wife’s dream alive. Thanks

#219 5 years ago

That’s a very nice thing for u to do! Is it a EM or SS? Either way there are very knowledgeable people on this thread who are always willing to help if u have an issue. U can scroll back thru and probably find answers too.

#220 5 years ago

Ok didn’t know until I got here. It’s an SS. Anyone know which cables connect where ?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#221 5 years ago

I’m not at home but can’t u match them up by their lengths of the connectors on the wires and the boards. . Maybe match them up by looking at where the white plastic blanks are on the connectors and where pins are missing on the boards

#222 5 years ago

Ok got them all connected. Lights work. Can add free games. Even shows scoring. But flippers aren’t working and no sound??

#223 5 years ago

Oh sorry first thing - thank you! Help here is amazing and this woman needed so all is grateful

#224 5 years ago

Check your fuses on rectifier board and under playfield there may be a fuse

#225 5 years ago

Did u try the test button on the coin door for all the functions?

#226 5 years ago

Looked at all fuses. And yes hit the small red button. But don’t know the use. I see it going thru looks like diagnostics on the read outs ??

#227 5 years ago

If u don’t have a manual u can get it off ipdb website to tell u what the different functions of the test button are.

#228 5 years ago

Sounds like u might have a problem with the solinoid driver board. Make sure the wires are connected to the chimes

#229 5 years ago

Take a look at this. Could this be our problem?

7D0A6121-91F6-43D3-B37B-3B9E6B510CE7 (resized).jpeg7D0A6121-91F6-43D3-B37B-3B9E6B510CE7 (resized).jpegFE8FCA9D-3398-4FCC-8E51-1BBF65F6C11B (resized).jpegFE8FCA9D-3398-4FCC-8E51-1BBF65F6C11B (resized).jpeg
#230 5 years ago

Yes. I would say that’s your problem.

#231 5 years ago

Sorry. I should have seen that earlier. That solinoid driver board looks fried. Maybe u can get it repaired. I would just replace it

#232 5 years ago

Anyone order a hardtop yet for your Mata Hari?

#233 5 years ago

It’s not mine But what is a hard top? Noobie here

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

It’s not mine But what is a hard top? Noobie here

The second coming of christ for your roached playfield

2 weeks later
#236 5 years ago

Did you make any progress with your game Nikrox2

#237 5 years ago

Slowly. Waiting on driver board repairs

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone order a hardtop yet for your Mata Hari?

wondering the same
myself worried how difficult the prep and installation will be
I got a EM and a SS Mata Hari that could be candidates
but my PFs are not roached just not great.
If I had a roached PF on a game, I would probably go for it.
I would rather try to find a NOS/repro MH PF for $800 and do a PF swap instead.

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

wondering the same
myself worried how difficult the prep and installation will be
I got a EM and a SS Mata Hari that could be candidates
but my PFs are not roached just not great.
If I had a roached PF on a game, I would probably go for it.
I would rather try to find a NOS/repro MH PF for $800 and do a PF swap instead.

My main concern is the kickout hole. Interested in seeing how the game play is and how much the ledge from PF wood to Hardtop effects the ball.
Either from making the shot or the action from the kickout

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

My main concern is the kickout hole. Interested in seeing how the game play is and how much the ledge from PF wood to Hardtop effects the ball.
Either from making the shot or the action from the kickout

I think it is a valid concern. I have one on my Old Chicago - it looks great & plays great, except for the kickout hole. It kicks out just fine, but it is supposed to shoot the ball to the middle of the left flipper. I have spent hours fiddling with it to no avail. I cannot get it to kick the ball where it is supposed to go. Maybe it's just me, but I can't get it to work properly.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Slowly. Waiting on driver board repairs

Just reading this post for the first time. I don't see anything obvious that is wrong with the driver board. Looks dirty, old caps, and some replaced resistors, but that isn't a conclusion the board is bad. What am I missing? Is your problem with the machine that your flippers don't work and there is no sound? Do you have a DVM (digital volt meter)?

#242 5 years ago

Lights work. Can add free games. Even shows scoring. But flippers aren’t working and no sound?? Game wouldn't boot up.

The bottom left corner of the board has some burnt areas. Thought it was just a few burnt transistors. I went on line and bought her a "used" board, but looked good and had all parts. When it arrived, it was missing several items (I needed one to just plug and play as I left and the lady owning it isn't able to do more than that). I contacted the guy who sold me the board and promised me he'd send the exact one I bought and another board (why??) so when those two arrived, they too were missing parts and not anything like what I purchased. UGH! One good thing, he refunded all my money, so just wasted 3 weeks.

So now she has her original board and 3 "parts" boards...I'm trying to find someone who'd take the 4 and make me one good one if possible (or cheaper to find one already rebuilt?)

a couple of notes / comments:

We're good friends and as it's above her skill set on the repairs , she's going to sell me the machine. Looking over past comments on the playfield and the current condition - what is a good price for me and fair to her for this game? I didn't think it was too bad (you should see the Double Barrel from 1961 for a real bad playfield!)

It does have the writing on the dagger, and from my own touch on the playfield, it felt like plastic. (As I knew nothing about the game, I didn't think further, just wanted to get it running for her). But researching it further, could this be one of the prototypes? I see wood around the kick out hole though? (I think)

There are some other small things, like a "possible" coil issue on the left side drop target reset (her husband had it apart, so we just put it together, which may later once it's started, we find out it needs replaced??)

No matter what the price, I will have this one eventually. So any and all help is greatly appreciated.

#243 5 years ago
IMG_7162 (resized).jpgIMG_7162 (resized).jpg
#244 5 years ago

That is a roached playfield . Winter project is coming !

#245 5 years ago

This is a good looking machine Nikrox2
Im not in the price police club but ive seen mata haris sell recently from 500-2000. Thats if you stay away from the jokesters on ebay trying to get 5000 for machines that look like theyve been on route sonce 1978. You asked about hardtops earlier and i made the comment about “your roached playfield” that “your” was all encompassing for anyone that had a roached playfield. The Mata Hari you are working with doesnt look like a candidate for a hardtop at all!

This thing is roached! Lol and yeah i would say that one you just posted would suit a hardtop also.

D4B8C220-6848-4AE7-ACE9-0CC703B3114E (resized).jpegD4B8C220-6848-4AE7-ACE9-0CC703B3114E (resized).jpeg
#246 5 years ago

Here is an example of the all plastic prototype playfield that was linked to one of my older threads. For you to compare Nikrox2

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-i-ruin-my-playfield-by-accidentally-sanded-down-to-the-next-ply#post-4190876

#247 5 years ago

Good stuff there thanks! I was only with this machine for a couple of hours and worked mainly putting it together and cables connected. Found the one reset disassembled and got so far with it. All started out great. Then got to the point mentioned above. Looking at those photos and the two I have of this one not sure. Can’t see clearly enough on my phone to see the details around the kick out. But looked like wood.

May sound corny here but before I pick it up I want to fix it for her so she can play it some. (Last thing her husband worked on before passing.) I think it’s down to this board but I could be wrong. Even if it’s only 50% working until I go get it, it would put a smile on her face

#248 5 years ago

And read through your refurb posts. Amazing job dude! I’ve never done a full refurb like that. But that Double Barrel looks to be my first victim. Lol. If I’d get half way to your level I’d be happy

2 weeks later
#249 5 years ago

Update - Mata Hari is On her way to the home of rock and roll I drove down last night driving her back tonight still not working yet although with the help of a secret Santa pinsider we do have a rebuilt board I’m hoping it’s just a connection in one of the pins

I was attached a photo of the cabling inside the head if anyone can look that over to make sure were evnen plugged in correctly that’s a start for me

Right now the displays are not working no sound no Credit adds no start up again I think it may just be one of the wires pulled out of the connection pins as some of this did work before we change boards.

Ahh a new challenge !!

F83800B3-6740-49A2-994E-604F5C24405C (resized).jpegF83800B3-6740-49A2-994E-604F5C24405C (resized).jpeg
#250 5 years ago

Back home safe and sound. After 9 hour drive back what do I do ? Of course unload her and put her together. Still wasn’t working. Then closer inspection I found a 4A fuse blown. That started her up. Then going thru the diagnostics I found a couple of switches that just needed adjusted and a broken blade on a flipper switch. All fixed and seems to be working now.

The knocker has one conductor disconnected and for some reason the 10k chime isn’t working It’s also telling me the #16 coin lockout door solinoid isn’t working. What is that and do I need to fix it? Lol

Bedsides those 3 items she looks and plays beautifully ! One item of note and I’ve never played this game but the drop target points seem to keep adding for a while. Even after the ball drains. Then finally finished and kicks the next one out. Is that normal?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 838 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome/page/5?hl=eagle18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.