IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6456 (resized).jpeg

There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

What is the writing on the dagger translate to?
Any idea how many have the writing on the dagger for SS ?

inscription with the motto of the Nazi German SS "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" (German, "My honor is loyalty"). Contrary to a popular belief, the version with inscription is not more rare than the one without. There were about equal numbers of both versions of backglasses made
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mata_Hari_(pinball)

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinballman:

Can't find any CPR reproduction play fields so I'm wanting to make a vinyl overlay.

At the time I bought my MH at SFGE 2015, Planetary Pinball had 1 MH CPR PF left. I wanted to wait for a couple more paychecks and then snag it, but a month later it was gone. I should have known better!!!

-Steve

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

At the time I bought my MH at SFGE 2015, Planetary Pinball had 1 MH CPR PF left. I wanted to wait for a couple more paychecks and then snag it, but a month later it was gone. I should have known better!!!
-Steve

Wish CPR would do another run.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Wish CPR would do another run.

Ya, me too. But with 4 in "the pipe", 14 on the standard pre-order list and 10 in the boutique zone list it's not looking good for quite a few years to come. But there's so many MH's that would benefit from a new repro PF I can see them doing a run eventually, just not in the next 5 to 10 years. I'm on the Space Invaders and Old Chicago lists, both are a ways off yet.

-Steve

#55 6 years ago

What is your favorite playfield angle and settings for the game?
I'm trying to get mine to flow well and the A-B loop doesn't feel quite right. When the ball comes out of the A or B lane it keeps hitting the slingshot post. Want to be able to catch the ball with flippers easily.

#56 6 years ago

Not sure about the angle, but try setting it up a little steeper. It can make a difference.

#57 6 years ago

On mine I have the back levelers all the way up and the front all the way down. This gets it close to six degrees. Fast and fun, and a little brutal. A friend with another Mata Hari has his pretty shallow. I find it pretty floaty and not near as fun.

#58 6 years ago

I haven't messed with changing the outlane wire guides. There's a couple different hole settings. But like others have said, raise those back legs and lower the front all the way down. This game can be very sluggish if it's not tilted up enough. I noticed a huge difference when I raised mine.

3 weeks later
#59 6 years ago

Anyone know which dip switch resets right or left bank of dropped targets instead of the dropped 8? Unless i am missing something, i am not seeing it in the manual (I'm probably missing something, right?).

#60 6 years ago

I have heard talk of a setting where each bank resets but I don't think it's an option. It was an option on Power Play. On MH, you have to get all 8 for 50,000 pts and again for 50,000 and specials. Any other way wouldn't make sense.

2 months later
#61 6 years ago

"The largest ever Mata Hari exhibition will open in the Museum of Friesland on 14 October 2017, one hundred years after her death."

14 oktober 2017 t/m 2 april 2018

https://www.friesmuseum.nl/en/see-and-do/exhibitions/mata-hari/

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

"The largest ever Mata Hari exhibition will open in the Museum of Friesland on 14 October 2017, one hundred years after her death."
14 oktober 2017 t/m 2 april 2018
https://www.friesmuseum.nl/en/see-and-do/exhibitions/mata-hari/

Interesting bit of history. Exactly 100 years ago today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/10/15/i-am-ready-mata-hari-faced-a-firing-squad-for-spying-and-refused-a-blindfold/?utm_term=.870683ea4cf1

#63 6 years ago

I will have to give my Mata Hari a play tonight

3 months later
#64 6 years ago

Anyone have a manual with page 7 that could be shared to this post or PM to me? I printed a manual from IPBD but page 7 is missing. Seems that there are some game specific feature adjustments on that page for other machines put out during that time. Unfortunately pg 7 is blank on mine and page 8 picks up with a section titled "C. Front Door Game Adjustments"
Im curious to know what sections A and B are.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone have a manual with page 7 that could be shared to this post or PM to me? I printed a manual from IPBD but page 7 is missing. Seems that there are some game specific feature adjustments on that page for other machines put out during that time. Unfortunately pg 7 is blank on mine and page 8 picks up with a section titled "C. Front Door Game Adjustments"
Im curious to know what sections A and B are.

I just checked my original printed manual. Page 7 is indeed blank.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I just checked my original printed manual. Page 7 is indeed blank.

Wow! ok thanks for looking into it for me. Probably easier at the time to just leave that page blank if those options didn't apply than to reformat the rest of the pages for the entire manual....
Interesting

#67 6 years ago

Left the Mata Hari club today, but joined the Pin*Bot club. Wife didn't like the scantily clad prostitute

1 week later
#68 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

the scantily clad prostitute

sexy spy*

#69 6 years ago

Slightly off topic but Dark Horse Comics is going to be releasing the first issue of a Mata Hari mini series in February.

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/mata-hari-1-dark-horse-review-dancer-lover-spy-and-pinball-machine/

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Slightly off topic but Dark Horse Comics is going to be releasing the first issue of a Mata Hari mini series in February.
http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/mata-hari-1-dark-horse-review-dancer-lover-spy-and-pinball-machine/

Thanks for posting this!!!

1 week later
#71 6 years ago

Did I miss something or is this the going rate for a Mata Hari now???

ebay.com link: Bally MATA HARI Vintage 1978 Collector Classic Pinball Machine LEDS 399 SHIPS

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Did I miss something or is this the going rate for a Mata Hari now???

ebay.com link » Bally Mata Hari Vintage 1978 Collector Classic Pinball Machine Leds 399 Ships

Wow! And an extra $400 ships it. Ha! The dude didn't even bother to clean the cabinet or fix the right 100 pop bumper... and it looks like the displays are going to outgas any day now.

#73 6 years ago

Wow! Most folks selling on eBay are fishermen. There's so many new people in the hobby that won't know any better and hit Buy It Now hook, line, and sinker... My MH was $650 and in no worse shape then this one. He put an Altec in it so you would think he knows the hobby well enough to know what it's really worth... And it's not worth $3,495 that's for sure... It'll sit there relisted numerous times until one of his buddies offers the $600-$800 that it's actually worth.

I'll admit that prices have up a little over the years and people can ask whatever they want for their game, I don't have a problem with that. I would just hope that people (the buyers) educate themselves before falling for something like this. When I first started in this hobby 8 years ago you could find $650 Gorgars and $800 High Speeds all day long. They've gone up for sure, but man, $3.5K for a players MH is just wrong.

-Steve

#74 6 years ago

Wow so kewl, I would love to buy a Mata Hari EM (only) pinball

#75 6 years ago

That's does it, I'm listing mine for 10k when I get finished with the restoration.

ebay.com link: like

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

That's does it, I'm listing mine for 10k when I get finished with.
ebay.com link » Like

But it has new rubber rings and bumpers!

#77 6 years ago

Count me in, played SS Mata Hari game during an influential time in life in the late seventies. Fell in love with her from the beginning, she took all of my summer money, provided hours of pleasure in return. Bought my first pin last summer, SS Mata Hari from the same area I summered, have no proof this is the same machine but, does make for a great story.

Since then she has become my obsession, again.

#78 6 years ago

Anyone see the custom drop targets w/Mata's face on them? I think it was on a MH TNT Amusements restored. Be cooler w/Mata on 1 bank of targets and the Baron on the other. Or alternate them together. Nice either way........

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Anyone see the custom drop targets w/Mata's face on them? I think it was on a MH TNT Amusements restored. Be cooler w/Mata on 1 bank of targets and the Baron on the other. Or alternate them together. Nice either way........

I've been trying to think of mods for this game. That actually sounds pretty sweet.
Any other suggestions from anyone for a MH mod?

#80 6 years ago

Custom bumper caps are an idea. Maybe imprinted w/Mata and the Baron?

#81 6 years ago

Ran accross this the other day. Looks pretty cool.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/mata-hari

bf3ed0_e5e991bd58464553bab8a978107888e5_mv2 (resized).jpgbf3ed0_e5e991bd58464553bab8a978107888e5_mv2 (resized).jpg

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Ran accross this the other day. Looks pretty cool.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/mata-hari

This looks bad ass! I emailed them asking for a pic of one actually on an apron. Wondering if they cut out holes for the credit indicator and score cards...

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

That may have been my Mata Hari you saw on TNT. I got my machine from them and it has the Mata Hari face on the drop targets.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

That may have been my Mata Hari you saw on TNT. I got my machine from them and it has the Mata Hari face on the drop targets.

Let's see her! Todd does amazing work.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Let's see her! Todd does amazing work.

Coin door mod with pictures of Mata Hari and the Baron I did myself.

thumb_IMG_0286_1024 (resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0286_1024 (resized).jpg

thumb_IMG_0288_1024 (resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0288_1024 (resized).jpg

thumb_IMG_0287_1024 (resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0287_1024 (resized).jpg

thumb_IMG_0289_1024 (resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0289_1024 (resized).jpg

thumb_IMG_0290_1024 (resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0290_1024 (resized).jpg

thumb_IMG_0292_1024 (resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0292_1024 (resized).jpg

thumb_IMG_0293_1024 (resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0293_1024 (resized).jpg

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I used to see those drop targets on Ebay all the time years ago. Perhaps it was them selling. I never bought them and kind of regret it. Would love to pick up a set if anyone tracks them down.

Edit - Hmm, your drops are different from what i saw on line. Nice!

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Looks so good! Love the coin door mods!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Drilled a hole in the coin door? Why

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Drilled a hole in the coin door? Why

No, I didn't do that. It came with that button already added. I don't like it but TNT didn't do it. Previous owner probably did it. I just added the photos to the coin slots.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I used to see those drop targets on Ebay all the time years ago. Perhaps it was them selling. I never bought them and kind of regret it. Would love to pick up a set if anyone tracks them down.
Edit - Hmm, your drops are different from what i saw on line. Nice!

According to Todd, the drop target stickers came from Jeff at Classic Arcades.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Looks so good! Love the coin door mods!

Thanks!

#92 6 years ago

phillyfan64, that is one nice Mata Hari. I saw it on the TNT video. Very cool on the coin door mods. I have the promo pieces that came w/the CPR plastics set. I may try that one myself. MH is still one of, if not, the best looking games ever.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

phillyfan64, that is one nice Mata Hari. I saw it on the TNT video. Very cool on the coin door mods. I have the promo pieces that came w/the CPR plastics set. I may try that one myself. MH is still one of, if not, the best looking games ever.

Thank you. For the coin door mod, I found the images online. I cropped and shrunk them down and printed them on glossy photo paper. It was a bit of trial and error to get the size. I printed 2 of each and doubled them up. That helped tone down a spot lighting effect the bulbs were causing. I have frosted leds behind them and it does shine through nicely without being too bright.

#94 6 years ago

Greetings all, I am wondering how much as Mata Hari EM version should go for in good to excellent condition, and if any of you guys that may have an em version are thinking on selling cheers

#95 6 years ago

Hello Fellow club members
Looking for a CPR playfield if anyone has a spare that they decided not to use.
Thanks
-Dave

3 weeks later
#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Picked this up today.

B16C4304-CC9D-4FB0-8C92-C5AAFA75D0E2 (resized).jpegB16C4304-CC9D-4FB0-8C92-C5AAFA75D0E2 (resized).jpeg

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Picked this up today.

Nice!

#98 6 years ago

She has got awfully big feet!

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

She has got awfully big feet!

I prefer my Mata Hari’s feet to look like this.

24CFEB0B-D1BF-4D7B-8546-CB8E8153C198 (resized).png24CFEB0B-D1BF-4D7B-8546-CB8E8153C198 (resized).png

#100 6 years ago

I got my EM Mata Hari from Brian Saunders many many years ago. Definatly in fair shape overall but would rate in players condition. Everyone loves it at my yearly tournaments. I ended up getting a shay repro glass, and saved the old one in a safe place.

I remember I had my wanted ad posted on Mr Pinball, and about a year later Brian Saunders himself contacted me. I had lost only one other auction and it was a Capt Fantastic, and Mata Hari EM together and the price was so high you would have needed to sell real estate to fund it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.95
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.