IMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6457 (resized).jpeg
There are 837 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

It is ultra smooth and quiet. The sound of the ball on the hardtop is dampened and you can't hear the reverberation of the wood playfield. As far as game play, it is smooth and fast. I am very happy with it and it looks fantastic!

Indeed...I forgot to mention how quiet it is compared to a wood playfield. I seldom notice as I usually have the stereo blasting music while I'm playing.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

I’d like to have a set of nice red ones with the Bally logo

They are hard to come by as I’m sure u know. Evidently nobody can manufacturing them. U need to find someone that parts out old machines to see if they have a stash of them. That’s what I did. Some of the parts companies, ie Marcos, get them from time to time. I have all Bally logo lane dividers on my Mata Hari and Evel Knievel. IMO it really finishes off a machine especially if your restoring the machine.

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Jealous of you guys with the CPR PFs... I might get lucky and snag one someday... I'm on the list for a Space Invaders and Old Chicago (if they get enough interest for OC that is).

You missed out on the OC run... that's history. They did a small boutique run and it's been sold out for a while now.

Added over 3 years ago:

UPDATE:

CPR does have Old Chicago playfields in stock as of 1/31/2017. I bought one and am restoring the OC now.

Added over 3 years ago:

Stock became available in 2020, not 2017!

1 week later
#554 3 years ago

Is there a way to turn free play on to mata hari solid state?

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Change ROM to free play version. Not an option in stock roms. Some people set first replay low or add switches to coin door (hopefully nondestructively).

#556 3 years ago

i can do them but on 2532 or 2732 , you would have to mod a stock board to run eproms.

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Quoted from slochar:

Some people set first replay low or add switches to coin door (hopefully nondestructively).

Another option - set one of the coin chutes to 15 credits per coin. That way, you only have to open the coin door and trip the wire (or drop a quarter) every once in a while.

1 week later
#558 3 years ago

Sorry guys and gals...I'm leaving this group. Sold my MH. Guy flew out from Texas to California, rented a minivan, and bought both my Night Rider and Mata Hari, then drove back to Texas with them.

I am left with my spare MH backglass I no longer need. It's for the SS game, and does not have the German inscription. Not sure what it's worth, and I'm afraid to ship it. It's in perfect condition as I recall (still packed away). Anyone here interested in a nice backglass can PM me.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Sorry guys and gals...I'm leaving this group. Sold my MH. Guy flew out from Texas to California, rented a minivan, and bought both my Night Rider and Mata Hari, then drove back to Texas with them.
I am left with my spare MH backglass I no longer need. It's for the SS game, and does not have the German inscription. Not sure what it's worth, and I'm afraid to ship it. It's in perfect condition as I recall (still packed away). Anyone here interested in a nice backglass can PM me.

Interesting transaction. You can certainly hang as an honorary member!

#560 3 years ago

Is there anyone here with a nice set of score and instruction cards for the Mata Hari EM version?
All I have right now is the M-1508-67-A and M-1508-67-D cards.
I would love to make this set more complete.
Even the score inserts are welcome, as I don't know if they are the same as the SS version.

Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

1 week later
#561 3 years ago

I too have finally found the elusive Mata Hari!
picked it up in downstate Indiana and its in pretty good shape...started with a lot of re pinning!
I like em' nice and wide open for the long shots!

unnamed (9) (resized).jpgunnamed (9) (resized).jpg
#562 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

I too have finally found the elusive Mata Hari!

Well, not too elusive. They made 16k+ of them. But that looks like a nice example from the photo. Good score! Many are worn to the wood. I’ve seen that black back box trim on a few other photos. I’m not sure if that is a factory variant or what. It is yellow on most. In any case, it’s a super fun game. Welcome to the club!

3 weeks later
#563 3 years ago

Hope you are sitting down. Sorry it took so long for me to post but I had other projects going. Y'all have been asking me to upload some pics. See my post several months ago in "look what I brought home today" thread.
In short, had a guy contact me to fix a Mata Hari he bought at an estate sale for $250. Yeah ok typical call so I thought... I started asking questions. He said it was making a constant noise on startup. Ok... let me hear it over the phone. OMG thats an EM! Send me a picture! My jaw hit the freaking floor. Not only an EM, but MINT. The estate seller told him it belonged to his dad and was in their house for over 40 years since he was a kid. He paid $250. I made a big big big cash offer over 10x what he paid and threw in a very nice clean Flip Flop from my collection. He was so happy. So was I. Immaculate. HUO time capsule unicorn. Obvoiusly kept in a controlled environment. No rust or corrosion. Cabinet and trim is unbelievable. Inside super clean. Wires and solder are bright. Theres an 8 ft long BLUEPRINT. Beer seal is spongy like new. Playfield suffered because it was never cleaned and the ball was bad. BUT... I have a friend that has hoarded a NOS playfield for 30 years. In good concience I could not install a repro in this rarity. Convinced him this was the one that deserved it. Paid a premium. Sent it to my body shop guy we use here for clearing and they did an extra special job on it. After a month or 2 of curing I will install it. This is how I received the machine. I have done nothing to it. The guy had already re-rubbered and cleaned it. It just had a few small issues on startup. Fixed. Plays great. Serial #1097 has been off the grid for 40+ years. I will make all of you proud with a meticulous stock restoration just as it came out of the box. Come see her at SFGE Atlanta next summer! Not for sale!

20200925_174017 (resized).jpg20200925_174017 (resized).jpg20200925_174036 (resized).jpg20200925_174036 (resized).jpg20200925_174113 (resized).jpg20200925_174113 (resized).jpg20200925_174218 (resized).jpg20200925_174218 (resized).jpg20200925_174227 (resized).jpg20200925_174227 (resized).jpg20200925_174255 (resized).jpg20200925_174255 (resized).jpg20200925_174403 (resized).jpg20200925_174403 (resized).jpg20200925_174546 (resized).jpg20200925_174546 (resized).jpg20200925_174557 (resized).jpg20200925_174557 (resized).jpg20200925_174730 (resized).jpg20200925_174730 (resized).jpg20200925_174800 (resized).jpg20200925_174800 (resized).jpg20200925_175311 (resized).jpg20200925_175311 (resized).jpg20200925_175422 (resized).jpg20200925_175422 (resized).jpg20200925_175442 (resized).jpg20200925_175442 (resized).jpg20200925_175912 (resized).jpg20200925_175912 (resized).jpg
#564 3 years ago
Quoted from Meteor_Rick:

Hope you are sitting down. Sorry it took so long for me to post but I had other projects going. Y'all have been asking me to upload some pics. See my post several months ago in "look what I brought home today" thread.
In short, had a guy contact me to fix a Mata Hari he bought at an estate sale for $250. Yeah ok typical call so I thought... I started asking questions. He said it was making a constant noise on startup. Ok... let me hear it over the phone. OMG thats an EM! Send me a picture! My jaw hit the freaking floor. Not only an EM, but MINT. The estate seller told him it belonged to his dad and was in their house for over 40 years since he was a kid. He paid $250. I made a big big big cash offer over 10x what he paid and threw in a very nice clean Flip Flop from my collection. He was so happy. So was I. Immaculate. HUO time capsule unicorn. Obvoiusly kept in a controlled environment. No rust or corrosion. Cabinet and trim is unbelievable. Inside super clean. Wires and solder are bright. Theres an 8 ft long BLUEPRINT. Beer seal is spongy like new. Playfield suffered because it was never cleaned and the ball was bad. BUT... I have a friend that has hoarded a NOS playfield for 30 years. In good concience I could not install a repro in this rarity. Convinced him this was the one that deserved it. Paid a premium. Sent it to my body shop guy we use here for clearing and they did an extra special job on it. After a month or 2 of curing I will install it. This is how I received the machine. I have done nothing to it. The guy had already re-rubbered and cleaned it. It just had a few small issues on startup. Fixed. Plays great. Serial #1097 has been off the grid for 40+ years. I will make all of you proud with a meticulous stock restoration just as it came out of the box. Come see her at SFGE Atlanta next summer! Not for sale!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My god

#565 3 years ago

Wow. Just.....wow.

#566 3 years ago

Congrats. Glad it got to someone who cares about it. My machine has the same price plate in the coin door as that one. I’m thinking that must have been the original one they put in MH.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

Congrats. Glad it got to someone who cares about it. My machine has the same price plate in the coin door as that one. I’m thinking that must have been the original one they put in MH.

Yeah industry went from 10c or 3/quarter to 25c or 3/quarter a few years before. That was a big jump in price. Players resisted for awhile. But you couldn't charge 15 or 20c. Machines weren't built to handle that easily, and the US had no denomination between 10 and 25c. Then the next change in value was 5 to 3 balls. And don't forget the epic fail SBA dollar beginning with Paragon.

#568 3 years ago

Wow that’s a beauty. Congrats!

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Wow that’s a beauty. Congrats!

Thanks! Proof that machines like this are still out there. I am definitely lucky. Didnt think I'd ever see one, much less own one. Being a longtime tech, I think I'm more impressed with how new everything looks underneath.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Meteor_Rick:

Thanks! Proof that machines like this are still out there. I am definitely lucky. Didnt think I'd ever see one, much less own one. Being a longtime tech, I think I'm more impressed with how new everything looks underneath.

Congratulations, she's a lovely survivor... what's the game counter say? Curious.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Congratulations, she's a lovely survivor... what's the game counter say? Curious.

It has 44k. And it increments every time a game is played. Surely it was a route machine for a very short time before ending up in a house until now. I really don't pay attention the the meters. So anybody have any idea how much count is a lot? Like is this having a 1977 car with 44k on it?

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Meteor_Rick:

It has 44k. And it increments every time a game is played. Surely it was a route machine for a very short time before ending up in a house until now. I really don't pay attention the the meters. So anybody have any idea how much count is a lot? Like is this having a 1977 car with 44k on it?

Based on all the games I've seen and worked on over the years, I'd say 44k is a bit on the low side; 50-55K would be midpoint IMO. I have a Target Alpha with 3,000 count on the meter, but have also had a few 60s games that passed the 100K mark. Most others in my small collection are between 20-75K, a few over, a few under.

#573 3 years ago

I just added these custom apron cards to my shop from a customer request. They feature Greta Garbo in the Mata Hari movie poster. The set is laser color printed on cardstock and laminated. $5 each card or $9 for the set. Let me know if you'd like for me to make you some too. - Elizabeth

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/04274-mata-hari-apron-cards-

Mata Hari rules card (resized).jpgMata Hari rules card (resized).jpgmata hari info card (resized).jpgmata hari info card (resized).jpg
#574 3 years ago
Quoted from lizzyd:

I just added these custom apron cards to my shop from a customer request. They feature Greta Garbo in the Mata Hari movie poster. The set is laser color printed on cardstock and laminated. $5 each card or $9 for the set. Let me know if you'd like for me to make you some too. - Elizabeth
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/04274-mata-hari-apron-cards-
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice... I would suggest though that you create several more options... perhaps different art/color and a card or set of cards that mimic the free game award values that matched the stock cards. For me personally, I wouldn't want to display cards without showing free game awards. Just a thought.

#575 3 years ago

I have all the rules versions, but usually display the most generic. They are made to order, so if a customer wants a different rules variation, message me.

#576 3 years ago

I just bought a one owner HUO Mata Hari !
Now I just need to ship her to California, hope she gets here soon..
mh3 (resized).jpgmh3 (resized).jpgmh5 (resized).jpgmh5 (resized).jpg

mh8 (resized).jpgmh8 (resized).jpg
#577 3 years ago

That looks like a nice survivor. Good score!

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

That looks like a nice survivor. Good score!

Amazing to find a one owner HUO machine that's spent over 40 years in a climate controlled space..not something you find every day..never routed or abused !

"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

Indeed. Wunderbar !

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could you post the serial no. and whether it's a pointed or smooth shooter rod, thanks!

#580 3 years ago

They are elusive but there are more survivors out there; I have serviced several, one this year.

#581 3 years ago

Hi all SS Mata Hari owners. I'm currently working on a re-write for Mata Hari, accomplished by plugging in a new processor into the J5 connector on the -17 board. The new board is based on an Arduino Nano and can be built for less than $20. I'm looking for a couple of testers who are willing to build their own card (takes a few hours) and send me videos of their results.

Here are examples of my other re-writes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stars-2020-new-code-for-stern-stars-1978
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-jack-2020-new-code-for-bally-black-jack-1977

The new code implements roughly the same A/B lane and drop-target awards, but it also implements 5 "modes" for more scoring opportunities. Aside from the card plugged into J5, this re-write uses only original hardware, so it doesn't really modify the underlying machine. The new hardware also supports a switch for "dual-boot" so the old code can be run as well.

Please PM me if you're interested and I can provide more details.
(this is just a hobby of mine--aside from the Nano and a couple of connectors, it's all free. I'm not trying to sell anything)

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from DickHamill:

Hi all SS Mata Hari owners. I'm currently working on a re-write for Mata Hari, accomplished by plugging in a new processor into the J5 connector on the -17 board. The new board is based on an Arduino Nano and can be built for less than $20. I'm looking for a couple of testers who are willing to build their own card (takes a few hours) and send me videos of their results.
Here are examples of my other re-writes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stars-2020-new-code-for-stern-stars-1978
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-jack-2020-new-code-for-bally-black-jack-1977
The new code implements roughly the same A/B lane and drop-target awards, but it also implements 5 "modes" for more scoring opportunities. Aside from the card plugged into J5, this re-write uses only original hardware, so it doesn't really modify the underlying machine. The new hardware also supports a switch for "dual-boot" so the old code can be run as well.
Please PM me if you're interested and I can provide more details.
(this is just a hobby of mine--aside from the Nano and a couple of connectors, it's all free. I'm not trying to sell anything)

Sounds like fun, what do I need to do to get started ? I won't have my machine delivered for a week or two, but whatever I can do now I'm interested.

#583 3 years ago

If you always wanted a EM Mata Hari, here's one for $6000.

ebay.com link: Bally Mata Hari EM Pinball Machine

Ending very soon..(not mine)

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Could you post the serial no. and whether it's a pointed or smooth shooter rod, thanks!

Not sure what the serial is, inscription on dagger..

mh2 (resized).jpgmh2 (resized).jpg
#585 3 years ago

Not sure what the serial is

There are a few spots - usually it's imprinted on the left side of the lower cabinet (outside) as well as the left side of the backbox. If that's worn away and the original cards are present in the cabinet interior, you can find it on the yellow card stapled to the crossmember behind the coin box area (mine below).

IMG_6100 (resized).jpgIMG_6100 (resized).jpg
#586 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So you're the one that snagged this off of e Bay, you got a good deal! If I didn't already own a Mata Hari I definitely would have bid, especially being local. Looks to be in great shape! Congrats!

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from ODENONMYSIDE513:

So you're the one that snagged this off of e Bay, you got a good deal! If I didn't already own a Mata Hari I definitely would have bid, especially being local. Looks to be in great shape! Congrats!

The lady is very nice, and she has one more HUO machine, Toledo, very clean, but not exactly a sought-after game, $625.

ebay.com link: Toledo Pinball Machine Works

#588 3 years ago

The lady is very nice, and she has one more HUO machine, Toledo, very clean, but not exactly a sought-after game, $625.
ebay.com link » Toledo Pinball Machine Works

Warning on Toledo - it's a yawner IMO.

#589 3 years ago

could anyone tell me the style of drop targets (Tombstone style or Hooded style) that were original to Mata Hari
Red bull's eye ?
Thanks

unnamed (9) (resized).jpgunnamed (9) (resized).jpg
#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

could anyone tell me the style of drop targets (Tombstone style or Hooded style) that were original to Mata Hari
Red bull's eye ?

Original drop targets are tombstone.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Original drop targets are tombstone.

Yep tombstone.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:Original drop targets are tombstone.

Thanks Quench

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Yep tombstone.

Thanks Dono

#594 3 years ago

Just got my Mata Hari put back together! Got her back in January 2020 with the intention of restoring the playfield following Vid's guide. Stripped the playfield back in February and got all set with my spray booth for the 2PAC. Got all the parts through the vibratory polisher, but at the time it was still too cold to spray the 2PAC. Fast forward 7 months and here comes winter again; so, I had to get moving. Followed Vid's guide and leveled all the inserts. Got a head start on the decals with some help from some great folks here on Pinside, but still had to recreate several line-art decals, including Mata Hari's hair and face, the dagger hilt, and much of the text. This was a long process working with Affinity Designer to make them all vector graphics. Finally got started airbrushing, was worried about mixing the colors for color matching, but ended up not being so bad. I did paint much (>90%) of the playfield and 7-8 different colors. Hit it with clear and applied the decals. Hit it with clear and polished her up. I did take some artistic liberties by not putting on some of her mid-section decals, so shoot me, but I like the way she looks. Forgot to mention the saucer was pretty chewed-up, that was fixed my color matching some wood filler epoxy, even drew in some wood grain stains to match!

New targets, the hot stamped type, new flippers, new pops caps, have new plastics coming from CPR, and new Invisiglass, and even made a 'dust cover'. Oh and a new rectifier board and LED driver board. Wow, I guess that is a lot. Not to mention new legs, levelers, LEDs. In all, TOTALLY worth it, this game is smooth, sounds great, and is fun to play.

One issue that I need to tackle is the slight diming of the GI LEDs when flipping. If there are any great ideas, let me know, but I've already completed my initial search on a fix and it's either, live with it, install a separate power supply for the GI, or rectify the 6.3 VAC and filter it.

Cheers!

IMG_9267 (resized).jpgIMG_9267 (resized).jpgIMG_9268 (resized).jpgIMG_9268 (resized).jpgIMG_9269 (resized).jpgIMG_9269 (resized).jpgIMG_9270 (resized).jpgIMG_9270 (resized).jpgIMG_9271 (resized).jpgIMG_9271 (resized).jpg
#595 3 years ago

Great work. Looks really good. Colors match well. Kick out hole turned out nice. Glad you’ve got Bally logo lane guides, helps to finish it off. All that work was worth it. I’ve never had the problem with my Bally’s when flipping that your having. Someone on here will help get it straight.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just got my Mata Hari put back together!

Looks very nice! Decals on Mata Hari hair and the dagger hilt came out really well.

#597 3 years ago

Finally decided to put my SS Mata into storage
to make room for my MH EM that I got from Bill Kurtz years ago.
Also got a repro BG from Shay since the original BG is toast
as Mata has skin cancer.
But we are redoing our basement,
so it may be a while before the EM version actually gets set up.

1 week later
#598 3 years ago

I borrowed this photo is from Arcane’s awesome Mata Hari restoration thread. Can someone please tell me the purpose of this metal plate that goes under the pop bumper bracket?

61DCCFF8-0A42-4099-BBA7-75BD66CF8BD3 (resized).jpeg61DCCFF8-0A42-4099-BBA7-75BD66CF8BD3 (resized).jpeg
#599 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I borrowed this photo is from Arcane’s awesome Mata Hari restoration thread. Can someone please tell me the purpose of this metal plate that goes under the pop bumper bracket?
[quoted image]

Just a guess - limits the travel the pop bumper skirt axle can travel, to prohibit the axle from moving outside of the spoon switch.

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Just a guess - limits the travel the pop bumper skirt axle can travel, to prohibit the axle from moving outside of the spoon switch.

Yeah that’s probably what that hole is for. I didn’t realize the plastic pop bumper body actually actually attaches to that bracket. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rehoboth, MA
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 22.50
Displays
Retro Electro Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 837 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mata-hari-club-em-and-ss-all-are-welcome/page/12?hl=odenonmyside513 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.