New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 157954)

Mata Hari Club - EM and SS - All Are Welcome

By VDrums2112

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 569 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Meteor_Rick
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 239 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200925_175311 (resized).jpg
20200925_174800 (resized).jpg
20200925_175422 (resized).jpg
20200925_175442 (resized).jpg
20200925_175912 (resized).jpg
20200925_174557 (resized).jpg
20200925_174546 (resized).jpg
20200925_174403 (resized).jpg
20200925_174730 (resized).jpg
20200925_174255 (resized).jpg
20200925_174227 (resized).jpg
20200925_174218 (resized).jpg
20200925_174017 (resized).jpg
20200925_174036 (resized).jpg
20200925_174113 (resized).jpg
unnamed (9) (resized).jpg

There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 54 days ago
Quoted from Phesson:

It is ultra smooth and quiet. The sound of the ball on the hardtop is dampened and you can't hear the reverberation of the wood playfield. As far as game play, it is smooth and fast. I am very happy with it and it looks fantastic!

Indeed...I forgot to mention how quiet it is compared to a wood playfield. I seldom notice as I usually have the stereo blasting music while I'm playing.

#552 54 days ago
Quoted from Phesson:

I’d like to have a set of nice red ones with the Bally logo

They are hard to come by as I’m sure u know. Evidently nobody can manufacturing them. U need to find someone that parts out old machines to see if they have a stash of them. That’s what I did. Some of the parts companies, ie Marcos, get them from time to time. I have all Bally logo lane dividers on my Mata Hari and Evel Knievel. IMO it really finishes off a machine especially if your restoring the machine.

#553 53 days ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Jealous of you guys with the CPR PFs... I might get lucky and snag one someday... I'm on the list for a Space Invaders and Old Chicago (if they get enough interest for OC that is).

You missed out on the OC run... that's history. They did a small boutique run and it's been sold out for a while now.

1 week later
#554 45 days ago

Is there a way to turn free play on to mata hari solid state?

#555 45 days ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Change ROM to free play version. Not an option in stock roms. Some people set first replay low or add switches to coin door (hopefully nondestructively).

#556 45 days ago

i can do them but on 2532 or 2732 , you would have to mod a stock board to run eproms.

#557 45 days ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Quoted from slochar:

Some people set first replay low or add switches to coin door (hopefully nondestructively).

Another option - set one of the coin chutes to 15 credits per coin. That way, you only have to open the coin door and trip the wire (or drop a quarter) every once in a while.

1 week later
#558 35 days ago

Sorry guys and gals...I'm leaving this group. Sold my MH. Guy flew out from Texas to California, rented a minivan, and bought both my Night Rider and Mata Hari, then drove back to Texas with them.

I am left with my spare MH backglass I no longer need. It's for the SS game, and does not have the German inscription. Not sure what it's worth, and I'm afraid to ship it. It's in perfect condition as I recall (still packed away). Anyone here interested in a nice backglass can PM me.

#559 35 days ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Sorry guys and gals...I'm leaving this group. Sold my MH. Guy flew out from Texas to California, rented a minivan, and bought both my Night Rider and Mata Hari, then drove back to Texas with them.
I am left with my spare MH backglass I no longer need. It's for the SS game, and does not have the German inscription. Not sure what it's worth, and I'm afraid to ship it. It's in perfect condition as I recall (still packed away). Anyone here interested in a nice backglass can PM me.

Interesting transaction. You can certainly hang as an honorary member!

#560 35 days ago

Is there anyone here with a nice set of score and instruction cards for the Mata Hari EM version?
All I have right now is the M-1508-67-A and M-1508-67-D cards.
I would love to make this set more complete.
Even the score inserts are welcome, as I don't know if they are the same as the SS version.

Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

1 week later
#561 24 days ago

I too have finally found the elusive Mata Hari!
picked it up in downstate Indiana and its in pretty good shape...started with a lot of re pinning!
I like em' nice and wide open for the long shots!

unnamed (9) (resized).jpg
#562 24 days ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

I too have finally found the elusive Mata Hari!

Well, not too elusive. They made 16k+ of them. But that looks like a nice example from the photo. Good score! Many are worn to the wood. I’ve seen that black back box trim on a few other photos. I’m not sure if that is a factory variant or what. It is yellow on most. In any case, it’s a super fun game. Welcome to the club!

3 weeks later
#563 3 days ago

Hope you are sitting down. Sorry it took so long for me to post but I had other projects going. Y'all have been asking me to upload some pics. See my post several months ago in "look what I brought home today" thread.
In short, had a guy contact me to fix a Mata Hari he bought at an estate sale for $250. Yeah ok typical call so I thought... I started asking questions. He said it was making a constant noise on startup. Ok... let me hear it over the phone. OMG thats an EM! Send me a picture! My jaw hit the freaking floor. Not only an EM, but MINT. The estate seller told him it belonged to his dad and was in their house for over 40 years since he was a kid. He paid $250. I made a big big big cash offer over 10x what he paid and threw in a very nice clean Flip Flop from my collection. He was so happy. So was I. Immaculate. HUO time capsule unicorn. Obvoiusly kept in a controlled environment. No rust or corrosion. Cabinet and trim is unbelievable. Inside super clean. Wires and solder are bright. Theres an 8 ft long BLUEPRINT. Beer seal is spongy like new. Playfield suffered because it was never cleaned and the ball was bad. BUT... I have a friend that has hoarded a NOS playfield for 30 years. In good concience I could not install a repro in this rarity. Convinced him this was the one that deserved it. Paid a premium. Sent it to my body shop guy we use here for clearing and they did an extra special job on it. After a month or 2 of curing I will install it. This is how I received the machine. I have done nothing to it. The guy had already re-rubbered and cleaned it. It just had a few small issues on startup. Fixed. Plays great. Serial #1097 has been off the grid for 40+ years. I will make all of you proud with a meticulous stock restoration just as it came out of the box. Come see her at SFGE Atlanta next summer! Not for sale!

20200925_174017 (resized).jpg20200925_174036 (resized).jpg20200925_174113 (resized).jpg20200925_174218 (resized).jpg20200925_174227 (resized).jpg20200925_174255 (resized).jpg20200925_174403 (resized).jpg20200925_174546 (resized).jpg20200925_174557 (resized).jpg20200925_174730 (resized).jpg20200925_174800 (resized).jpg20200925_175311 (resized).jpg20200925_175422 (resized).jpg20200925_175442 (resized).jpg20200925_175912 (resized).jpg
#564 3 days ago
Quoted from Meteor_Rick:

Hope you are sitting down. Sorry it took so long for me to post but I had other projects going. Y'all have been asking me to upload some pics. See my post several months ago in "look what I brought home today" thread.
In short, had a guy contact me to fix a Mata Hari he bought at an estate sale for $250. Yeah ok typical call so I thought... I started asking questions. He said it was making a constant noise on startup. Ok... let me hear it over the phone. OMG thats an EM! Send me a picture! My jaw hit the freaking floor. Not only an EM, but MINT. The estate seller told him it belonged to his dad and was in their house for over 40 years since he was a kid. He paid $250. I made a big big big cash offer over 10x what he paid and threw in a very nice clean Flip Flop from my collection. He was so happy. So was I. Immaculate. HUO time capsule unicorn. Obvoiusly kept in a controlled environment. No rust or corrosion. Cabinet and trim is unbelievable. Inside super clean. Wires and solder are bright. Theres an 8 ft long BLUEPRINT. Beer seal is spongy like new. Playfield suffered because it was never cleaned and the ball was bad. BUT... I have a friend that has hoarded a NOS playfield for 30 years. In good concience I could not install a repro in this rarity. Convinced him this was the one that deserved it. Paid a premium. Sent it to my body shop guy we use here for clearing and they did an extra special job on it. After a month or 2 of curing I will install it. This is how I received the machine. I have done nothing to it. The guy had already re-rubbered and cleaned it. It just had a few small issues on startup. Fixed. Plays great. Serial #1097 has been off the grid for 40+ years. I will make all of you proud with a meticulous stock restoration just as it came out of the box. Come see her at SFGE Atlanta next summer! Not for sale!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My god

#565 3 days ago

Wow. Just.....wow.

#566 3 days ago

Congrats. Glad it got to someone who cares about it. My machine has the same price plate in the coin door as that one. I’m thinking that must have been the original one they put in MH.

#567 3 days ago
Quoted from eagle18:

Congrats. Glad it got to someone who cares about it. My machine has the same price plate in the coin door as that one. I’m thinking that must have been the original one they put in MH.

Yeah industry went from 10c or 3/quarter to 25c or 3/quarter a few years before. That was a big jump in price. Players resisted for awhile. But you couldn't charge 15 or 20c. Machines weren't built to handle that easily, and the US had no denomination between 10 and 25c. Then the next change in value was 5 to 3 balls. And don't forget the epic fail SBA dollar beginning with Paragon.

#568 2 days ago

Wow that’s a beauty. Congrats!

#569 2 days ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Wow that’s a beauty. Congrats!

Thanks! Proof that machines like this are still out there. I am definitely lucky. Didnt think I'd ever see one, much less own one. Being a longtime tech, I think I'm more impressed with how new everything looks underneath.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 159.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 149.00
There are 569 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside