(Topic ID: 115074)

Masters Of The Universe pin...?

By RandomGuyOffCL

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

motuVP.png
    MotUPin.jpg
    skeletor.jpg
    DSCN3511.JPG
    pinball_2.jpg
    345206-i[1].jpg
    DSCN3508.JPG
    DSCN3502.JPG
    DSCN3506.JPG
    DSCN3503.JPG
    DSCN3504.JPG
    DSCN3501.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

While nerding out today over my Masters of the universe collection, I thought it might appeal to some of us 30 somethings as a pin theme...Tons of material to be used here...Or you can just check out the pics for a little nostalgia...DSCN3501.JPGDSCN3501.JPGDSCN3504.JPGDSCN3504.JPGDSCN3503.JPGDSCN3503.JPGDSCN3506.JPGDSCN3506.JPGDSCN3502.JPGDSCN3502.JPGDSCN3508.JPGDSCN3508.JPGDSCN3508.JPGDSCN3508.JPG

#2 9 years ago

I have wished for one of those for a long time. Perhaps the licensing is still in the air with the greyskull movie that was suppose to be produced but never happened

#3 9 years ago

Wow, brings back memories... Think my favorite was Modulok. Of note, I never owned the "He-Man/Telia" party two pack you have in this pick.... I see what you did, made me laugh, especially the figures around them looking

345206-i[1].jpg345206-i[1].jpg
    #4 9 years ago

No Stinkor?

#5 9 years ago

This could still happen, movie script has been finalised and they are looking for a director.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/He-Man-Movie-Might-Actually-Happen-Get-Latest-68986.html

Would be a great pin provided they use artwork rather than movie stills

#6 9 years ago

They've been looking for someone to pick up this movie forever. Who knows it might happ sooner than later

#7 9 years ago

I loved He-man as a kid.

He-man is due for a good movie.

#8 9 years ago

I would love to see it happen!!!!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

you can play one virtually
    » YouTube video

Table looks sick! Skeletor on a roton!! but damn that music is grating, couldnt even finish watching it...I think a darker mood would fit it well....good vs. evil

#11 9 years ago

Was partial to Trapjaw myself

#12 9 years ago

I had this when I was a kid
    Might have been what started my pinball collecting
    pinball_2.jpgpinball_2.jpg

#13 9 years ago

you got it...trapjaw vs. stinkor!DSCN3511.JPGDSCN3511.JPG

#14 9 years ago

This should be probably featured as a mode or easter egg within the game (if someone makes it):

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

you got it...trapjaw vs. stinkor!

DSCN3511.JPG 88 KB

Stinkor actually smelled like a skunk. It was awesome. Nice memories.

#16 9 years ago

The artwork on the packaging was awesome as a kid. I think I had just about every castle and figurine. They're all long gone now, but it would make an amazing pinball machine if they used the original artwork.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111126656/3290317-motu1_full+(1).jpg

Edit: wow, just went back and watched that Future Pinball table in action. Captures it perfectly. It's like Stern or one of the other manufacturers made the real deal.

Cheers!
    Adam.

#17 9 years ago

If stern does make one. They would make it after the new movie and the art would blow. The future pin would be awesome.

#18 9 years ago

skeletor.jpgskeletor.jpg

#19 9 years ago

Hey OP, great collection! I've been watching He-Man episodes lately and thinking there is alot of good material for a pinball machine. The music is great, sound effects, transforming (Adam and Cringer), great evil character (Skeletor), modes could be pulled from the best episodes, etc.

#20 9 years ago

There's one over at VPForums you can check out, until a real one surfaces ...

MotUPin.jpgMotUPin.jpg
    #21 9 years ago

Would actually make a really cool pinball.....I'm in

#22 9 years ago

The two new car commercials for Honda I think with Skeltor or however the name is spelled are great. Yes these are memories for me. So many virtual pins made with great themes that never got made into the real game, too bad and sad.

#23 9 years ago

Ah, those were the good ol' days of toys...where you used your imagination to play with the characters and have crazy situations and fun battles for them to get into! Can't do that on a tablet, phone, or computer. You only get to "play" what's been programmed.

#24 9 years ago

What about G.I Joe pin as well.

#25 9 years ago

I'm so tempted to convert that table to Visual Pinball with P-Roc. Must resist.....

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

you can play one virtually
    » YouTube video

The vid doesn't show it, but this table has one of the most intense multiball sequences (and GPU taxing) seen in a FP table.

20 plus pinballs being released from the Skeletor rotor simultaneously.

#27 9 years ago

Couldn't resist..
    motuVP.pngmotuVP.png

#28 9 years ago

Awesome collection you have there. I think it would be a great theme, so much could be done I doubt it will ever happen He-man vs Thunder cats or even just a Saturday morning cartoon classics pin , cover everyone's childhood adolescent memories.

2 years later
    #29 6 years ago

A Masters of the Universe pin would be brilliant.

#30 6 years ago

New Motu movie slated for 2019. This too would be a dream theme for me.

#31 6 years ago

no way...I saw this thread and thought how cool...then realized it was mine...completely forgot about those pics I posted, gave me a laugh, thanks!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It gave me a laugh, thanks!

It gave me a chuckle, too. Wait a minute! I used to love Chuckles. What about a Chuckles (candy) pin?
    No, these days it would just be Candy Crush, so never mind.

#33 6 years ago

MOTU, 1980's GI Joe, or G1 Transformers pin would be dream theme-

#34 6 years ago

GI Joe cartoon is my #1 dream theme. With what Stern can do with the new display makes this even more desirable. Having actual clips from the show now would be awesome. Hopefully Stern will see there is not only a demand for old band and movie themes, but 80's cartoons as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/masters-of-the-universe-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.