Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

63 (resized).JPG
    64 (resized).JPG
    65 (resized).JPG
    20180831_190501 (resized).jpg
    20180831_190322 (resized).jpg
    history-wheel-caveman-entrepreneur-neanderthal-invent-mly0764_low (resized).jpg
    e4af6369c659de0addf082307a2f28defef348cb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8171 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8169 (resized).JPG
    FG658-GO-Pro-Strength-Remover-Aerosol-Image-0216-1000-x-1000-2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-08-26-15-39-55~01 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

My experience with a heat gun was that it works fine on the painted wood, but the mylar took off the decals over the inserts. In my case this was ok, because I had new ones (Diner). These decals were the main reason I was removing the mylar - a previous owner had done a terrible job. I’m not sure insert decals are available for all games, though. I also like alcohol for removing glue - it’s not as toxic as some of the other alternatives.

Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

So off to the chemical cabinet and toolbox to come up with a better method. And I did. It took me 12 hours of experimentation, but I think I really got it figured out.

I like the idea with the paper towel and the toothbrush (and a plastic scraper - I used one from the kitchen). And I agree, using flour was an an unpleasant mess. What’s the product in step 5 - is that a tenside based cleaner ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mastered-mylar-removal?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.