Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BrianZ
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

HERE IS A LINK TO A MASSIVE EBAY LOT OF PINBALL GAMES
    ebay.com link: Estate Pinball Sale

#2 11 years ago

someone like the pinball hall of fame should jump at this if they have the funds

#3 11 years ago

Yes, that one's neat.

Here's another one with some very nice DMDs:

ebay.com link: Storage Unit full of PInball Machines Great Opportunity 32 machines in all

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

Yes, that one's neat.

Here's another one with some very nice DMDs

That one says near me. Quite a list of A titles in there. current bid with 8 days left is $30,100

#5 11 years ago

The guy told me he had an offer for $60K..............Who knows. Rommy you should go check it out.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

Here's another one with some very nice DMDs:

Wow impressive lot for sale.

#7 11 years ago

That's a nice lot of pins there. All great titles.

#8 11 years ago

I think it would be great if one of the wealthier Pinsiders ended up buying one of these pinball estate sales. And then after figuring out what he/she wanted to keep for their own collection/route, then offer remaining pins/parts for sale to us Pinsiders.

I might be interested in earning some $$ helping winning bidder document/organize/work thru/move the group of machines/parts.

It'll be interesting to see what happens w/ these collections.

#9 11 years ago

I think he could get a lot more money selling all those machine individually. I see around 80 worth of machines there if they are in good shape. Maybe 70 to be conservative. It will be interesting to see someone pony up that much cash.

#10 11 years ago

THE UPSIDE MOST OF THESE GAMES AND PARTS WILL MOST LIKELY ENDUP BACK IN THE MARKET DOWN THE LINE

#11 11 years ago

JUNK!!!

#12 11 years ago

I'm drooling on the second lot

#13 11 years ago

Woah that's interesting!
    Pretty badass line up!

#14 11 years ago

Hopefully the buyer will actually see the machines and condition before buying.

#15 11 years ago

I know the seller, and in the past he would sell his pins individually. (I bought my RBION from him). If he's selling his entire hoard in big lumps like this I'm going to be an unhappy camper. I was looking forward to him selling them off slowly so I could keep pace and pick up machines at less frantic rate. Crap.

#16 11 years ago

Somebody posted some sneak pics of this before. Obviously the person who jumped on this is just reselling.

#17 11 years ago

Second one is too far away. If it was closer I would bid.

#18 11 years ago

Someone will be happy :^)

#19 11 years ago

I don't know, looking at those, most if not all look rough. LIke $150-200 rough parts game. Hell even the paragon is missing inserts off the playfield, so you know that thing hasn't been running in years and probably doesn't even have boards. Nothing there really screams cash cow. All the work to pickup and haul all that stuff, and most of those games you'd be lucky to get $400 for fully working. Won't be worth the time and energy spent, especially not knowing what works, what's complete or anything. average all the pins out at $200 each, only comes out to $9800. Hope that pile of backglasses turns out to be NOS to damn close to it., then hope there are some more nice NOS playfields there. So far the TAF is all saw that was worth anything. At 30k, your looking about breaking even, and that's if you want to work for free hauling it all around and putting endless hours in on trying or hoping you get it running. IJ is the most valuable thing in that pile, and it's faded badly and might not have any boards, and if it does, they might look like a chia pet. Doesn't scream deal to me. $20k might be worth the time and effort. and that's if the box truck actually runs good.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from jedimojo:

I know the seller, and in the past he would sell his pins individually

+1. Well actually I was hoping he'd sell them to local guys and then I'd buy the machines off of them when I had more money and they tired of them.. ha.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Rommy you should go check it out.

He says "location revealed to winning bidder". Or I would .

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Second one is too far away. If it was closer I would bid.

It is in my backyard, really. If you are interested, get at me.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The guy told me he had an offer for $60K..............Who knows. Rommy you should go check it out.

That's a good offer. Assuming each game needs $250 worth of parts (I would assume $500 to be safe) for shopout and misc. other things, that's another $8K you have to spend. So you're into $80K (I think that is being very optimistic) worth of games for $68K. I personally wouldn't shop 32 games for $12K profit.

I did rough estimates on the games, please don't bust my balls and say they're worth $73K or $83K...

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

That's an obscenely good offer. Assuming each game needs $250 worth of parts (I would assume $500 to be safe) for shopout and misc. other things, that's another $8K you have to spend. So you're into $80K (I think that is being very optimistic) worth of games for $68K. I personally wouldn't shop 32 games for $12K profit.
    I did rough estimates on the games, please don't bust my balls and say they're worth $73K or $83K...

#25 11 years ago

Regarding the eBay estate sale in Colorado, Captain Neo nailed it. Good eye Neo.

I was friends with the owner before he died and his collection was offered to me exclusively for a lot less money. A lot less... I passed after inspecting everything. All of those games are major projects and many are simply parts machines.

I miss my friend Gene and wish his family well on the sale.

Food for thought to my Pinside bothers and sisters considering this deal.

Kim

#26 11 years ago

We've got us a pinball snob here!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

That's a good offer. Assuming each game needs $250 worth of parts (I would assume $500 to be safe) for shopout and misc. other things, that's another $8K you have to spend. So you're into $80K (I think that is being very optimistic) worth of games for $68K. I personally wouldn't shop 32 games for $12K profit.

80k? Did you see the same auction I did? was there a BBB, CC and MM hiding in that pile, that i must have missed? Even fully working, fully shopped, your not going to get over $400 for most of those EM's, which is 80% of the pins there. There is no way that's a $83k collection, or even 63k fully working.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

80k? Did you see the same auction I did? was there a BBB, CC and MM hiding in that pile, that i must have missed? Even fully working, fully shopped, your not going to get over $400 for most of those EM's, which is 80% of the pins there. There is no way that's a $83k collection, or even 63k fully working.

There are two "estate" sales - believe he was referring to the 2nd.

#29 11 years ago

Two great sales going on eBay? Awesome.

#30 11 years ago

Not two great ones. One over priced "nice" one should be well under $20K.

The second one could be very nice unless it is the old "Shipping Container Loads" that sound like a good price but in reality is a headache. With better idea of what it is, maybe I would think $35K and up. If it was a dead collector and his belongings went to storage $60K. But if this went from a shipping container from Buenos Aries to a storage locker you might get burned at $10K.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

dave, i came up with about the same so i think you are on track.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Regarding the eBay estate sale in Colorado, Captain Neo nailed it. Good eye Neo.
    I was friends with the owner before he died and his collection was offered to me exclusively for a lot less money. A lot less... I passed after inspecting everything. All of those games are major projects and many are simply parts machines.
    I miss my friend Gene and wish his family well on the sale.
    Food for thought to my Pinside bothers and sisters considering this deal.
    Kim

I trust Kim's opinion from across the country and would listen to what he said. He is one of the Good bald guys

Dave "Taxman" http://www.pinbald.com

#33 11 years ago

60k for those in the second auction would be a steal, if the condition is as good as they look in that trailer. Really need to go look and give an honest opinion.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This one:

ebay.com link: Storage Unit full of PInball Machines Great Opportunity 32 machines in all

My 80K estimate is after they've been shopped. I think that is high. I wouldn't give the $60K that has allegedly already been offered.

#35 11 years ago

He contacted me back

"Machines can be fully inspected when they are picked up. I am not allowing inspection before pick up. I have over a hundred machines in storage and I do not like people knowing where they are located. The machines are in excellent condition, bid accordingly knowing you wont see them until pick up. Buyer can back out at anytime."

there ya have it

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I offered the guy $50K and that when the guy said, he was offered $59k. The guy is full of $hit, no one offered him $59K. My guess is he is bidding this thing up.

#37 11 years ago

Your full of shit Dark Knight, I own the machines and they are all in better than good condition and work. I have sold some Attacks and Others on ebay within the last month and condition is very nice on these pins. These are USA pins from an Op that took care of his equipment. 50K Is not even close, I can get 6500 to 7500 for attacks all day long, $6500 for Cirqus, 7500 for MB and on and on. Its like guys get nasty when people dont take low ball offers. I have smaller groups up for sale also. But revealing an exact location is opening things up for theft, These are not in Secured storage with armed guards standing by, They are out in the country. I am just being smart and protecting my investment.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

But revealing an exact location is opening things up for theft, These are not in Secured storage with armed guards standing by, They are out in the country. I am just being smart and protecting my investment.

bene, I don't blame you at all. Too many dirtbags and ripoffs in this World.

#39 11 years ago

They are out in the country

Everywhere out here is . And secured storage, I mean beyond a sliding gate is almost non-existent. I would love to see them and then give an informed opinion to a couple of collectors, well me too, but what are ya gonna do? Seller is not cool with inspection, so if I am not comfortable with that, better to just watch. Makes me wish for some sort of vetting-so this guy would know I am not BSing him and am not a security risk. Or anyone else that wanted to take a look, that was serious and not a security risk. You never know, this guy may have sold several batches this way and this is the method that just works best.

#40 11 years ago

Photos would be nice.

#41 11 years ago

I wouldn't bid on any auction of A-list games without personally-inspecting them. I don't care if you're the pope, I'm not spending $50k+ on games sold "as is" without prior inspection.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Photos would be nice.

Agreed,
    If you're not going to let people see the games, at least post some decent pics... at the very least the more expensive A-titles.
    Anyone expecting a $60K+ buyer and not willing to show tons of pics in the auction just sends the wrong message IMO.

#43 11 years ago

I'd like to point out that Benepinball has done tons of business with the locals here and has a positive reputation. Just my 2 cents.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from jedimojo:

Benepinball has done tons of business with the locals

I have purchased from him as well and have always been happy with the machines. If i had the money, or could find a bank dumb enough to loan me the money, I would be interested. I would think even in the worst working condition, these games could pull 60k easily.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I wouldn't bid on any auction of A-list games without personally-inspecting them. I don't care if you're the pope, I'm not spending $50k+ on games sold "as is" without prior inspection.

Have to agree. Everyone of those games may be loaded up with battery acid damage and rusted out. Hard to imagine they are in good condition. That second one sure is amazing list of pins though.

#46 11 years ago

50K Is not even close, I can get 6500 to 7500 for attacks all day long, $6500 for Cirqus, 7500 for MB and on and on.

Then why not just sell them all individually and get many thousands more than you will in bulk? You could probably have half of that list sold within a day or two on Craigslist.

#47 11 years ago

Auction was ended. I "was" the high bidder. Oh well.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Sorry to hear that. I wont list on Ebay unless I know I will not pull the ad. I think it's bs that is allowed.

One more reason to hate Ebay.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Bummer.

#50 11 years ago

Anyone know what happened to the 2nd auction, that and his other are pulled. I was seriously considering it.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massive-pinball-estate-sale-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.