(Topic ID: 209345)

Massive Pinball Auction in Tulsa OK 02/18/18 (160 pins!)

By Damonator

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 601 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zh2oson
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wonka i see what you did (resized).jpg
2018-03-01 13.58.15 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1465701768240 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170514-092129.png
5567093012563155901 (resized).jpg
shopping-1 (resized).jpg
peacock2 (resized).jpg
20180218_151337 (resized).jpg
skybin (7).JPG
000_1890 (resized).JPG
000_1888 (resized).JPG
000_1887 (resized).JPG
000_1886 (resized).JPG
000_1885 (resized).JPG
000_1884 (resized).JPG
000_1883 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #348 Hammer prices Posted by classicgamefan (6 years ago)

Post #398 Auction results summary Posted by NicoVolta (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider albummydavis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 6 years ago

Man, I have never seen people complain this much. Yes, there's a cost to this, and if you're not comfortable putting in your high bid and avoiding the fee, just don't bid.

I can tell you, I was amazed at the fact there is no buyers premium. That alone puts these guys heads and shoulders above most auctioneers in terms of honesty. You should see how much buyers get taken to the cleaners in high-end comic book, coin, and car auctions. It's criminal. And the massive shilling that occurs in these auctions is insane also. I'm not going to tell my story (a friends actually) about another well known auction house and a pinball machine. (it was despicable). My gut is these guys are being more than fair, and just want to make sure they don't get taken to the cleaners or overwhelmed by casual bidders that are looking for steals. All you have to do is submit your high bid to avoid all fees. Nothing fairer than that.

#357 6 years ago

There's two games in there that I thought looked cosmetically great in the photos that I think went for real decent prices. Wish I had thrown in a bid.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Super Auctions started pulling that crap with their "Skill-Stop" Japanese slots as the first lots at their circuses. You bid and then could buy the next four for the same price each. Of course with them it was the 13% buyers premium plus tax on that total.
Then, with the skill stops they sold tokens. All for the same price as the highest bidder. I'm sure they would NEVER violate and state laws and shill bid the tokens which alway

Believe it or not, in most states it is not against the law for auction houses to shill. Some pretty famous auction houses clearly do it.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Zim1756:

I bought the Panthera, but I'm not able to send you a pm as I am not verified.

Good for you. That was one of the 3 games I was interested in--it looked fantastic in terms of appearance, esp. the playfield.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider albummydavis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massive-pinball-auction-in-tulsa-ok-021818-160-pins?tu=albummydavis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.