(Topic ID: 158774)

Massachusetts pinball owners and enthusiasts club

By Nokoro

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinbrawl 23 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20171211_203238_744 (resized).jpg
    21557604_1425784107518523_4684856767184351543_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    2d2f2bd4-8378-4699-8835-d8fcdd577ef6 (resized).jpg
    20292810_1379589822137952_5559815530463326070_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0418 (resized).JPG
    img_1587_15317395681_o (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    20170715_151029 (resized).jpg
    20170411_115451 (resized).jpg
    17620452_1259921107438158_6852703098937510076_o (resized).jpg
    20b4315f4b28b37b062e380b0f7228eba63cb827 (resized).jpg
    16826076_10158262354415634_6666621091000754402_o (resized).jpg
    15896014_1468919406459848_5065263030123418583_o (resized).jpg
    15800236_10158023287990634_9103519318224637647_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

I know there is already a great Yahoo! group for BPA. But, I thought for those of us who use pinside, we could start a Massachusetts thread. This will be a thread to meet, help and spread news to other Massachusetts pinsiders. I look forward to hearing from those I don't know already!

#3 7 years ago

Glad to have people who come here frequently and those who live in neighboring states. Hopefully, a few more members will start trickling in ......

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from BigBangBack:

If you're ever in or near Cambridge let me know. I've got some machines in a pool hall in Cambridge, Flat Top Johnny's. GoT Premium, Metallica, and a third machine that will be rotated in frequently. First beer and game is on me!

Nice! I've been wanting to try GoT Premium but haven't found a local place to play. Pinball Wizard Arcade is supposed to get it, but I'm not sure if they have yet. How do you like it?

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Lots of Mass guys already get together at my place, Lanes and Games Arcade:
    http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/
    We just started a summer league on Tuesday nights. There's still time to sign up next week if you missed last night. We also have a monthly tournament the second to last Friday of every month. The new Ghostbusters is set up and waiting for you if you haven't tried it yet.
    Mike

Hi Mike. I've been thinking I might want to try a tournament one of these days. Tuesday nights are bad for me, but coming up on a Friday every once in a while might work. I've never done a tournament. For the uninitiated, how do yours run? Do you have to sign up in advance? How long are they? Etc. Thanks!

#37 7 years ago

Thanks Mike. I'll check it out sometime.

1 week later
    #52 7 years ago
    Quoted from raisindot:

Gabe (the Pintastic NEmeister) has had a GOT Premium installed at the Games Underground arcade at the Natick Mall for several months. He also has a MET Premium (or maybe an LE? I don't know the difference) and a Jurassic Park there. I alone probably account for at least 25% of the income the GOT Premium generates every week. But no more, since I'm getting a GOTP as my one and only pin.

Thanks for the tip. I've never been there.

In fact, and I'm embarrassed to admit this, I've never played Metallica, though I have always wanted to. They don't have it at PWA which is my usual pinball location away from home.

Congrats on your upcoming purchase!

1 week later
    #66 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

You'll only be an hour from Canobie Lake Park. It's a really fun amusement park with a great pinball room. I was there yesterday and played Ghostbusters for the first time. They have a bunch of new games and old classics too (I was really happy to see such a great condition Monster Bash)!
    Don't go just for pinball because you have to pay the parks admission fee, but if you like coasters and the like you'll have a great time.

When I was there a few years ago, almost everything was broken in some way. I've heard it is much better now. Is that true?

#68 7 years ago

Yeah, I remember them having an amazing collection. There were just so many issues that most of the pins were largely unplayable. Nice to hear that things may be changing.

3 weeks later
    #81 7 years ago

I just recently took a couple of work trips where I had to travel back and forth across most of the Mass Pike. I was surprised to see that most service plazas I stopped at had a pin. I'm guessing many of you know this, but if not and you are traveling along and need a break, you can get some playing in at the same time.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from raisindot:

Yeah, I've seen these but they're often placed in a nook near the entrance to a rest room. I just don't want to be perceived by travelers as "that creepy guy playing pinball outside the men's room."

I have to admit, I was a bit self conscious as I was playing Iron Man yesterday.

3 weeks later
    #99 7 years ago

Heading to Pintastic this weekend -- my first pinball convention. Looking forward to meeting fellow pinsiders. Hope to see some of you there.

#100 7 years ago

Has anyone played The Hobbit at Pinball Wizard Arcade? I finally got to play at Pintastic, but I found the one there could have been pitched a bit higher. I'm itching to play one that is a bit faster and more dialed in.

1 month later
    #109 7 years ago

Just went to Canobie Lake Park. They have a very nice GB Pro that plays well. Their TSPP also was looking good. WOZ had a number of light board problems. Overall I liked the new pinball area. They've jacked up the prices though. All reasonable prices but no more good ones for a quarter.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

We almost went last weekend. What was general admission to the park? We ended up going to Pinball Wizard in Pelham. WOUld have been nice to play some new machines.

$38 per person.

I was at Pinball Wizard Arcade yesterday before the Weird Al show in Lowell. Great show by the way. PWA doesn't have a GB so it was nice to find one at Canobie. TH at PWA also had a few issues but I enjoyed playing it. Their GOT Pre was in nice shape.

#113 7 years ago

I've never had a chance to go there, but it looks great.

3 months later
    #136 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Heard of a new arcade opening in plymouth in spring 2017. Ill try and keep you posted
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-arcade-opening-plymouth-ma

This would be really cool and not that far away for me. Interested in hearing more when you have it.

Separately, I'm going to try going to Pinball Wizard Arcade sometime next week. I really hope they work out their lease issue and stick around, but another thread on pinside suggests that is not going to happen.

2 weeks later
    #142 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Sarah at PWA told me point-blank that she's not renewing the lease or interested in moving. It didn't sound like it was as much of a lease issue as she has decided to get out of the business.

That's really too bad. I was there last week. Great place!

#146 7 years ago

I really counted on PWA as a place to try some of the newer games (especially before I buy), while also having plenty of older ones to chose from. With that and Lanes & Games gone, the options are more limited. I still need to try Flat Top Johnny's. Canobie Lake is a lot better than it used to be, but it is far away and you have to pay park admission. I hope the rumors about a large place opening in Plymouth are true. That is bit closer to me.

1 month later
    #159 7 years ago

In case people missed it, here is a nice article about pinball in Massachusetts.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/02/17/competitive-pinball

2 weeks later
    #166 7 years ago

Does anyone know what pin they have at Stars in Hingham? A friend of mine keeps telling me about it, but he can't remember the name. (He isn't a full pinhead . . . yet.)

#171 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Just posted this in another topic but wanted to make sure everyone knows about it
    Got some update information about the pinball arcade and bar going in Plymouth. The owner said they are looking for an opening around June. The building is getting carpeting and the bar made now. He is also getting inventory for games together. So far it's looking good. He will keep me updated in the next month or so. Also he is looking for a RFM machine if anyone is looking to sell.

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this.

1 month later
    #178 6 years ago
    Quoted from ruddiger52:

According to my pinball map app it was a revenge from mars

Thanks!

3 months later
    #189 6 years ago
    Quoted from BigBangBack:

sorry guys, I accidentally posted this here and not the for sale thread. my bad

No worries. I'm salivating just looking at it.

#195 6 years ago

I'm going to have to make a trip and play the heck out of Dialed In!

3 weeks later
    #211 6 years ago
    Quoted from chrisntr:

Looking to get myself a NIB pin for the basement and wondered if anyone had any recommendations of a good distributor for up in Mass?

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I'm Mike, the former owner of Lanes and Games Arcade in Cambridge. I also help maintain the pins at A4Cade and Flat Top Johhnys. I'll be glad to help you out with a new Stern. I set up and deliver personally. I sell at the Stern allowed minimum price. Thanks,
    Mike
    978-317-8032

I've bought from Pinballmike, and I can attest that he is great to deal with. Really friendly and helpful.

I also bought a JJP game from Mike at Automated in CT. Similarly great experience.

Those are two of the best distributors in the area IMO.

4 months later
    #233 6 years ago

Just went to Free Play Arcade in Providence last night. The place was really fun. $5 cover during the week / $10 on weekends gets you in. There are about 100 old school arcade games all on free play. There were also about 10 pins to play including Medieval Madness, Cirqus Voltaire, STTNG, TSPP. Most were in decent shape for location play. The CV and STTNG were particularly good. There is also skee ball and air hockey to play. It is 21+ since it is a bar and that’s how they make their money. The beers and drinks were decently priced. All in all a fun place to go that I recommend checking out.

Since I went on a Wednesday night, I’m not sure how crowded it gets on weekends. It wasn’t too bad when we got there around 7:30. It was starting to fill up when we left around 9:30.

1 year later
    #243 4 years ago

Just figured I would bump the thread for new pinsiders to realize its here.

#245 4 years ago

So, I’m guessing your not from CA, like your profile says?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massachusetts-pinball-owners-and-enthusiasts-club?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.