(Topic ID: 158774)

Massachusetts pinball owners and enthusiasts club

By Nokoro

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinbrawl 23 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20171211_203238_744 (resized).jpg
    21557604_1425784107518523_4684856767184351543_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    2d2f2bd4-8378-4699-8835-d8fcdd577ef6 (resized).jpg
    20292810_1379589822137952_5559815530463326070_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0418 (resized).JPG
    img_1587_15317395681_o (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    20170715_151029 (resized).jpg
    20170411_115451 (resized).jpg
    17620452_1259921107438158_6852703098937510076_o (resized).jpg
    20b4315f4b28b37b062e380b0f7228eba63cb827 (resized).jpg
    16826076_10158262354415634_6666621091000754402_o (resized).jpg
    15896014_1468919406459848_5065263030123418583_o (resized).jpg
    15800236_10158023287990634_9103519318224637647_o (resized).jpg
    There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 7 years ago

Hi all,

I know there is already a great Yahoo! group for BPA. But, I thought for those of us who use pinside, we could start a Massachusetts thread. This will be a thread to meet, help and spread news to other Massachusetts pinsiders. I look forward to hearing from those I don't know already!

#2 7 years ago

Great, I'm game. Although I live over the border now, I'm a true Masshole and am there frequently.

#3 7 years ago

Glad to have people who come here frequently and those who live in neighboring states. Hopefully, a few more members will start trickling in ......

#5 7 years ago

I'm in

#6 7 years ago

How about some Western MA pinsiders. I feel like I'm the only Massachusetts guy west of Springfield who cares about pinball.

#7 7 years ago

I'm in

#8 7 years ago

Hey Massholes! Looking forward to meeting all of you. If you're ever in or near Cambridge let me know. I've got some machines in a pool hall in Cambridge, Flat Top Johnny's. GoT Premium, Metallica, and a third machine that will be rotated in frequently. First beer and game is on me!

#9 7 years ago

I'm here. Let's go some game trading.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from BigBangBack:

If you're ever in or near Cambridge let me know. I've got some machines in a pool hall in Cambridge, Flat Top Johnny's. GoT Premium, Metallica, and a third machine that will be rotated in frequently. First beer and game is on me!

Nice! I've been wanting to try GoT Premium but haven't found a local place to play. Pinball Wizard Arcade is supposed to get it, but I'm not sure if they have yet. How do you like it?

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Topcard:

How about some Western MA pinsiders. I feel like I'm the only Massachusetts guy west of Springfield who cares about pinball.

Lol, well I'm a girl and I live in CT, but I spend most of my time halfway between Hartford and Springfield. Until recently, I couldn't even find pinball anywhere nearby!

#13 7 years ago

I need more pins to play. Only own a couple.

#14 7 years ago

Topcard: Is that Peter from West Pittsfield? The guy who used to play PB at the Big N?

I looked at this thread since I used to live in MA long ago.

#15 7 years ago

Lots of Mass guys already get together at my place, Lanes and Games Arcade:
    http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/
    We just started a summer league on Tuesday nights. There's still time to sign up next week if you missed last night. We also have a monthly tournament the second to last Friday of every month. The new Ghostbusters is set up and waiting for you if you haven't tried it yet.

Mike

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

I need more pins to play. Only own a couple.

Great club idea - count me in!

#17 7 years ago

Count me in. I'm a BPAer as probably most of the folks here are, but it's always good to be part of other groups. Many of these fine folks in MA and NH and CT and RI have generously allowed me to have playdates at their fine home arcades and have taught me so much about the game.

#18 7 years ago

Well, I am in, I have had several BPA members and Pinside members come over and play, have 10 games set up, and I am home almost all the time.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Lol, well I'm a girl and I live in CT, but I spend most of my time halfway between Hartford and Springfield. Until recently, I couldn't even find pinball anywhere nearby!

Come down to Meriden on Monday nights. We have 45 games setup at The Sanctum. EMs to Full Throttle to Ghostbusters and everything in between. Http://tothesanctum.org

-Jim

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Nice! I've been wanting to try GoT Premium but haven't found a local place to play. Pinball Wizard Arcade is supposed to get it, but I'm not sure if they have yet. How do you like it?

I am really enjoying GoT Premium. The machine is dialed in and once you get it rocking, you can really blow it up with mode/multiball stacks combined with playfield and shot multipliers. Nothing beats nailing a shot at the perfect time and being rewarded hundreds of millions of points.

The upper playfield is also a nice feature. Great scoring opportunities and an additional multiball. The upper pf is a huge benefit during the modes as you can add time, increase value, and collect castles.

I will admit there is a slight learning curve to figure out how to really do well in this game (like AC/DC), but once you get it, hot damn, this machine takes you on quite a ride. I've watched some novices play it get a big kick out of the wild light show during BlackWater Multiball and Winter Is Coming strobe mode.

Definitely a keeper for me.

#21 7 years ago

I'd also like to add I am running a month long High Score Tournament on GoT Premium at Flat Tops:

13062264_983668511730087_8846704719976160167_n_(resized).jpg13062264_983668511730087_8846704719976160167_n_(resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

When I go to MA, I head directly to Flat Top Johnnys in Cambridge to play the awesome pinball machines there.

#23 7 years ago

Hi guys, former Masshole here who would like to be an honarary Easter and Christmas member. My wife and i spend both of those holidays in Wakefield.

Every year i need an escape from the family, and pinball (and alcohol) is my escape. Never have found any good spots in Wakefield, but make the journey to Pelham often. Used to live in Inman Sq in Cambridge, so will make the trek to Flat Top Johnny's next time i am there!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Topcard: Is that Peter from West Pittsfield? The guy who used to play PB at the Big N?
    I looked at this thread since I used to live in MA long ago.

It's me all right. I loved the Big N. It's where i got my start playing pinball. In fact when I started collecting games the first thing I did was buy a Big Hit, Target Pool, Sky Jump, and Nip it. All the games that I played at the Big N.

Do I know you?

#25 7 years ago

Topcard: I emailed with you a few times back in 2013 when I was looking for a JO and you had one for sale. Ultimately, I found a nice one much closer to me. I live in MD now, but grew up in East Pittsfield and Dalton.

Did you ever manage to rescue that machine out of Ken's Bowl that was just on display?

#26 7 years ago

Pintastic is present! See you all in July.

#28 7 years ago

Count me in.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

Hi guys, former Masshole here who would like to be an honarary Easter and Christmas member. My wife and i spend both of those holidays in Wakefield.
    Every year i need an escape from the family, and pinball (and alcohol) is my escape. Never have found any good spots in Wakefield, but make the journey to Pelham often. Used to live in Inman Sq in Cambridge, so will make the trek to Flat Top Johnny's next time i am there!

Need to become friends with me webstah and his wicked pissa pinball pit in Wakefield 8). Great guy and great pins.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Come down to Meriden on Monday nights. We have 45 games setup at The Sanctum. EMs to Full Throttle to Ghostbusters and everything in between. Http://tothesanctum.org
    -Jim

Lol, I was there on Friday for the GB launch party.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Lots of Mass guys already get together at my place, Lanes and Games Arcade:
    http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/
    We just started a summer league on Tuesday nights. There's still time to sign up next week if you missed last night. We also have a monthly tournament the second to last Friday of every month. The new Ghostbusters is set up and waiting for you if you haven't tried it yet.
    Mike

Hi Mike. I've been thinking I might want to try a tournament one of these days. Tuesday nights are bad for me, but coming up on a Friday every once in a while might work. I've never done a tournament. For the uninitiated, how do yours run? Do you have to sign up in advance? How long are they? Etc. Thanks!

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Topcard: I emailed with you a few times back in 2013 when I was looking for a JO and you had one for sale. Ultimately, I found a nice one much closer to me. I live in MD now, but grew up in East Pittsfield and Dalton.
    Did you ever manage to rescue that machine out of Ken's Bowl that was just on display?

Lee, I thought that might be you. I was looking for a C37 at the time which I finally found. In fact I'll be repainting the cabinet next week.

I offered to buy the game at Ken's bowl, It's an old Flipper Clown, but they weren't interested. They just like the look of it sitting there. It needs a lot of work to be operational. If I had more time I would do it for them just for the fun of it, but I've just got too much going on. If you ever make it back this way drop me a line. I keep about twenty machines set up at all times and you'd be welcome to check them out.

Peter

#33 7 years ago

So whose been gobbling up all the good cl grabs!

Em night rider in RI?
    A space shuttle?
    A black knight?

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Lol, I was there on Friday for the GB launch party.

Haha. Sorry. Internet names always throw me off. Sorry I can't make the connection

#35 7 years ago

This was a good idea...
    I know most of these good guys...always eager to meet new-good guy, local Pinsiders.

I'm Eric, reside in Peabody MA....and my collection is admittedly in a state of flux right now...but I will be hosting a social before June ends. If you want an invite when I do host, send me a PM.

RIP: Skimo.
    Pretty pooch that will be missed.

Have fun in Allentown-- to those fortunate enough to be going.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi Mike. I've been thinking I might want to try a tournament one of these days. Tuesday nights are bad for me, but coming up on a Friday every once in a while might work. I've never done a tournament. For the uninitiated, how do yours run? Do you have to sign up in advance? How long are they? Etc. Thanks!

No, just show up. We use the Pingolf format. Each machine is assigned a target score. Every player plays each game once. You attempt to achieve the score with the fewest balls possible and lowest score wins. $5 entry fee goes into the prize pool plus coin drop for the games. It starts at 7:00 and usually runs two hours or so.

#37 7 years ago

Thanks Mike. I'll check it out sometime.

#38 7 years ago

I work in MA ...does that count?

Hosting a tourney May 21st for WPPR points!

#39 7 years ago

In....also anyone hear about the barcade opening in Salem?

#40 7 years ago

People still use Yahoo which gets hacked all the time and not Facebook which is vastly better and more secure? Interesting!

#41 7 years ago

Some people don't like using FB. Too much big brother there for some tastes...

Quoted from hool10:

People still use Yahoo which gets hacked all the time and not Facebook which is vastly better and more secure? Interesting!

#42 7 years ago

I'm in!

#43 7 years ago

I am selling a few sheets of standard size tempered playfield glass which are very close to perfect but have a fingernail size scratch to keep each from being 100%. Most would have a hard time finding the imperfection(s) on most of them (most sheets near the top or bottom) and especially when installed in a game. Most of these sheets look so nice they would be assumed new.

$24/each while they last

Pick up in Marlborough, MA

-Dave (Doc)

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

I am selling a few sheets of standard size tempered playfield glass which are very close to perfect but have a fingernail size scratch to keep each from being 100%. Most would have a hard time finding the imperfection(s) on most of them (most sheets near the top or bottom) and especially when installed in a game. Most of these sheets look so nice they would be assumed new.
    $24/each while they last
    Pick up in Marlborough, MA
    -Dave (Doc)

I'll take one.

#45 7 years ago

These sheets are from a bunch of glass I picked up from a Jersey Jack re-seller this past weekend. They are pulls from display games that were getting invisiglass upgrades.

#46 7 years ago

I'm in...Pinnovators.com is mass based

#47 7 years ago

And some darn great products you guys put out there! =)

Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm in...Pinnovators.com is mass based

#48 7 years ago

Just over the border in NH, but I'm in. Looking forward to a trip down to Cambridge soon to give GB a try!

#49 7 years ago

A new machine goes in to Flat Top Johnny's (1 Kendall Sq. Cambridge) this weekend next to GoT Premium and Metallica Pro. This Data East machine is so nice you'll be saying:

robocop-dollar_(resized).jpgrobocop-dollar_(resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Gabe (the Pintastic NEmeister) has had a GOT Premium installed at the Games Underground arcade at the Natick Mall for several months. He also has a MET Premium (or maybe an LE? I don't know the difference) and a Jurassic Park there. I alone probably account for at least 25% of the income the GOT Premium generates every week. But no more, since I'm getting a GOTP as my one and only pin.

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massachusetts-pinball-owners-and-enthusiasts-club?hl=ruddiger52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.