image (resized).jpg
IMG_1312 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1315 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Strummy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 months ago

The Maser Canon is finally becoming a reality! More info to come soon! Thanks for everyone's interest so far! Video coming shortly.....
Maser_010 (resized).jpgMaser_010 (resized).jpgMaser_020 (resized).jpgMaser_020 (resized).jpgMaser_030 (resized).jpgMaser_030 (resized).jpgMaser_040 (resized).jpgMaser_040 (resized).jpgMaser_050 (resized).jpgMaser_050 (resized).jpgMaser_060 (resized).jpgMaser_060 (resized).jpgMaser_070 (resized).jpgMaser_070 (resized).jpgMaser_080 (resized).jpgMaser_080 (resized).jpgMaser_090 (resized).jpgMaser_090 (resized).jpgMaser_100 (resized).jpgMaser_100 (resized).jpgMaser_110 (resized).jpgMaser_110 (resized).jpgMaser_120 (resized).jpgMaser_120 (resized).jpgMaser_140 (resized).jpgMaser_140 (resized).jpgMaser_150 (resized).jpgMaser_150 (resized).jpgMaser_160 (resized).jpgMaser_160 (resized).jpgMaser_170 (resized).jpgMaser_170 (resized).jpg

#38 10 months ago

I am blown away by the response on this and we haven't released it yet! Still waiting on a few things before release but here's the vid.

#44 10 months ago

Don't forget to turn up the volume when watching the video above!

#69 10 months ago

We will also be offering Stumblor's Spike 2 Splitter+ board as an option. It has it's own 12v 5A power source.

So if you don't have a splitter or you do have one but want the piece of mind of a splitter with its own power source, we can offer Stumblor's board for $50 as an an add on with no additional shipping costs.

https://stumblorpinball.com/en-us/products/stern-spike2-power-splitter-board-1

We will be announcing the price and release of the Maser shortly! Stay tuned!

#71 10 months ago
Quoted from etien:

Sound great, again I want to order the oxygen destroyer, the canon and why not the splitter in a single shipment, tell me how to proceed as the shop isn’t offering neither the canon or the splitter yet. Your mods looks great.

Not quite ready to list the Maser and Splitter. Soon!

#75 10 months ago

Assembly. The parts are engineered with notches, slots, and nubs so they all fit together precisely! A few more things behind the scenes here and the release should happen in the next few days.
1. (resized).jpeg1. (resized).jpeg2. (resized).jpeg2. (resized).jpeg3. (resized).jpeg3. (resized).jpeg4. (resized).jpeg4. (resized).jpeg5. (resized).jpg5. (resized).jpg6. (resized).jpg6. (resized).jpgIMG_7468 (resized).jpgIMG_7468 (resized).jpgIMG_7469 (resized).jpgIMG_7469 (resized).jpgIMG_7476 (resized).jpgIMG_7476 (resized).jpgIMG_7478 (resized).jpgIMG_7478 (resized).jpgIMG_7480 (resized).jpgIMG_7480 (resized).jpgIMG_7481 (resized).jpgIMG_7481 (resized).jpgIMG_7488 (resized).jpgIMG_7488 (resized).jpgIMG_7490 (resized).jpgIMG_7490 (resized).jpgIMG_7492 (resized).jpgIMG_7492 (resized).jpg

#87 10 months ago
Quoted from mjenison:

So you need to press a remote button in order for it to work, or will the final product be controlled some other way?

It's controlled with a remote.

#90 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

It doesn’t work of maser target?

It doesn't Tom.

Quoted from mjenison:

So...while we are playing the game...we press the remote button? Or, like, a friend stands by us and presses the remote while we play? Or we just press the button like, after the game is over or when we feel like it?

Actually it's the opposite. We used the remote option so that the mod is on continuously. Having the different modes to select from makes it a standout part to your machine.

#93 10 months ago

Feedback is always appreciated. We are still weighing out all of the options. Stay tuned!

1 week later
#100 10 months ago

Sorry for the delays. We took a step back for one more change

#103 10 months ago

We wanted to allow Davey to announce his playing a part in this mod when he felt appropriate.

#118 10 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

These guys do great work and I'm super proud to be able to assist them with this build.

We are honored to have you working with us on this as well.

2 weeks later
#129 9 months ago

Quoted from stumblor:Waiting on me.. as usual! (Sorry team)
Needed a few design iterations to get things right on the board front, so that both lamps and switches can both trigger the different 12v strips in the mod. Received the latest one today and about to send it over to the boys for final sign off.

Uhoh. This guy...

Thanks Davey!

1 week later
#138 9 months ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

I don,t think there is a list for the mod. I think Strummy will thumbs up your want and keep track of it that way. Maybe........

That's pretty spot on at this point. My partner who handles the website is telling me that invoicing may be an issue. My apologies. But I appreciate all of the responses to the mod which is extremely helpful information for us to get all of the parts needed so we can get everyone one of these asap.

We are nearly interactive with it too thanks to @stumblor! Hope to have more news soon!

3 weeks later
#142 8 months ago

Progress.......

20230811_144010 (resized).jpg20230811_144010 (resized).jpg
#160 8 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Usually, I only do pro bono work for the sweet sweet accolades, so its nice when it also results in a sweet sweet party pack!
[quoted image]
For those that don't know, Fire & Bone is Jason's (one half of High End) other gig. Super stoked to be able to see all this quality work up close. Big ups guys, you're smashing it.

We appreciate the privilege to work with you Davey! Your work and knowledge are amazing!

1 month later
#171 7 months ago

Sorry for the lack of updates. A few setbacks but we are almost there!

The list doesn't seem to be working out due to invoicing issues but we will continue to make these until everyone who wants one gets one. Thanks for everyone's support!

#172 7 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'd like to see it in the game please.

20230917_085524 (resized).jpg20230917_085524 (resized).jpg
#178 7 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Interactive with the maser switch and the maser flasher. Each will turn on one part of the Maser Canon lighting (blue or red) for a number of seconds, which is selectable on the board. Can your oversized plastic maser cannon do dat?

What he said

Thanks for chiming in Davey!

#179 7 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Any price info yet?

A few setbacks but we are almost there. Thanks for everyone's patience!

1 week later
#181 6 months ago

1st run is ready! It's bee a long road, but finally we are here........$249 shipped. Check out highendmods1.com at 10am!

#183 6 months ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

So to be clear, there is no list and we are gonna do this at 10 AM like its Taylor Swift tickets?

There is no list. And like SLAYER...tickets

#189 6 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

excuse my ignorance but does it interact with the game or is it a strobing light?

Interacts

#190 6 months ago

The Maser has two different interactive LEDs that interact seperatly. The dish interacts with the maser target while the arm interacts with the yellow flasher. Davey from Stumblor created a board that allows you to adjust the time for which each led is triggered. The upper portion of the mod is a chromed pewter. The base is hand-painted, cast in highly durable urethane resin. It's heavy!
$249

We are also offering Stumblor’s Spike2 Splitter+ board as an add on for added protection. This board offers its own 12 volt 5 amp power source and does not use your machine’s node board for power. Great product if you don't already have one!
$49

IMG-20230928-WA0007 (resized).jpgIMG-20230928-WA0007 (resized).jpgIMG-20230928-WA0009 (resized).jpgIMG-20230928-WA0009 (resized).jpgIMG-20230928-WA0013 (resized).jpgIMG-20230928-WA0013 (resized).jpgIMG-20230928-WA0015 (resized).jpgIMG-20230928-WA0015 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20230929_053908_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230929_053908_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230929_053911_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230929_053911_Chrome (resized).jpg

#197 6 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Does the board that comes with it not supply the power as well?

The provided power cable will allow you to connect the Maser board to either cn11 on the board at the front left of the cabinet or a Stumblor spike2 splitter+ board. Both 12v.

The Maser Canon board that comes with it requires power to power the Maser Canon.

#205 6 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I am dropping in this thread to thank Steve Strummy for his generous donation of an Oxygen Destroyer mod for our charity auction. It is absolutely appreciated and we're excited to include it! Thanks again.

Always happy to support a great cause Brad!

2 weeks later
#219 6 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

This is where I probably should be posting my question as to the regular high end thread......
just installed, is it correct the blue light is on from the start, stays on, haven't played much of a game yet, once booted red light comes on and then off?
Update: after unplugging and checking, and then again, now the blue light does not stay on, is off when the game starts, red is on a lot more, but still don't think it's operating correctly, blue light will come on or off at different times, doesn't feel like it synced with triggers, did hit the maser cannon once, then came on, but another time cannon online, no light there, then again I'm not sure of every trigger that makes it operate, watched your trailer, never saw any flashing of either color.
As I'm typing this, wondering is some firmware I need to check?

Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Blue light only comes on when the Maser target is hit. Red light is tied to the Maser flasher which goes off far more often. Usually when you hit the maser target when it is highlighted, both lights will go on
The blue light will go on at power up and then off. That is normal.
No one really knows what triggers the Maser flasher - but that is what the red light is tied to.

Thanks for the explanation @Trojanlaw.

Also, don't forget that the dials on the board are timers that allow you to adjust how long your Maser LEDs stay lit when triggered. Starting at zero and slowly working your way up is a good way to adjust.

If that doesn't answer your questions feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns that you might have.

2 weeks later
#228 5 months ago

Thanks Davey.

Any resolve SiN13 ? Hit me up.

1 week later
#230 5 months ago

Parts are in so we are fulfilling orders and producing more Masers!

IMG-20231104-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20231104-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20231104-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20231104-WA0002 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#234 4 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Finally got around to installing my Maser Cannon today. Shout out to Strummy for his quick response to my blunder - and getting me squared away.
My timers are set to minimum (Blue) and min + 1/8 turn (red) and I like it.
FWIW this amazing piece of work looked like a behemoth sitting on the workbench, but it looks beautiful on the playfield. No issues (for me) with removing the 3rd deck clear plastic to accommodate this mod.
My settings: Using minimalist lighting to make it that much more special
#Works as advertised #Extremely satisfied

[quoted image]

Thanks for the compliment and I'm glad that we resolved the issue quickly Will!

1 week later
#235 4 months ago

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from High End Mods! Discount code SILVERBELLS20 will get you $20 off of any order over $125! Thanks to everyone for your continued support! This code is valid until 12/31/23.

1 week later
#238 3 months ago

SILVERBELLS20 will still get $20 off of any order of $125 or more at Highendmods1.com. Valid until mignight on 12/31! Happy New year everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Strummy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maser-canon-high-end-mods?tu=Strummy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.