Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 606 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by purbeast
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0924 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0923 (resized).jpeg
    20240407_164114 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165248 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165853 (resized).jpg
    20240407_170806 (resized).jpg
    20240407_172140 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174549 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174127 (resized).jpg
    20240407_181157 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175214 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175222 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0894 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0893 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3345 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

https://pinballmap.com/

http://twitter.com/fspapinball

Casey is currently running his weekly events at Moms and crabtowne - https://www.ufcponline.com/

Solace Brewing in dulles is starting a weekly league starting april 11

Wick is running a series of events between the Mustang Sally Brewing and Carpool locations over the coming weeks.

Date Location
    Thursday March 25th Carpool Bar
    Saturday March 27th Mustang Sally
    Thursday April 8th Carpool Bar
    Thursday April 15th Mustang Sally
    Saturday April 24th Mustang Sally
    Thursday April 29th Carpool Bar
    Finals TBD

Mustang Sally has recently boosted the games on site to 12-13 games if i recall.

There will be more locations returning soon as well.

#10 3 years ago

Most location pinball in the area (where there is more than the single game out there) is operated by people from the hobby so game conditions tend to be on the better side for location pinball.

2 weeks later
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I updated the pinside map with the game list from the link you sent and it is available here

Thx... most of us in the area don't use pinside for locating games.. I don't think the ops use that regularly. Most keep pinmap up to date (and the fspa twitter tweets about local changes too)

1 month later
    #36 2 years ago

Pins are back at Ocelet Brewing in Dulles, VA!

Currently sporting...

Twilight Zone
    Guns n Roses Standard
    Led Zep Pro
    Avengers Infinity Quest Pro
    Stranger Things Pro (w/ UV kit!)
    Star Wars Comic Edition Pro
    AC/DC Premium
    Monster Bash SE
    Centaur II
    Super Mario Bros

#38 2 years ago

FSPA leagues are starting up again in the coming weeks... first to announce is the league at Mom's in college park

http://fspazone.org/2021/05/17/the-return-of-fspa-league-at-moms-college-park/

#41 2 years ago

Mom's Organic has posted dates for summer league
    Ocelot Brewing has posted dates for summer league
    Lost Rhino Brewing dates should be ready really soon now...

Oh and if you want to be one of the first to play Stern's latest, The Mandalorian... keep an eye on the FSPA feeds.. you'll see when it hits and I bet you'll find it way sooner than you think! https://www.facebook.com/fspazone https://twitter.com/fspapinball

3 weeks later
    #49 2 years ago

Centaur II is repaired at Ocelot as of last weekend I think it was... Mario is up as well.

And joining the line just today... HOTWHEELS!
    image_from_ios.jpgimage_from_ios.jpg
    First one on location in the area I am aware of?

Also, Mandalorian will be here VERY VERY soon

League starts up on Monday night as well if anyone is interested! https://fspazone.org

1 week later
    #57 2 years ago

Crabtowne be slacking

We put up 300+ day one. Then a good player came in and put 600+ in on his first visit.

A good run of the right mode, plus mb, plus a multipler stack will blow this game up. I got 150m in midhorn alone one game.

Wonder if Scott sill buy mando yet for Moms so we can have total area coverage for the game

1 week later
    #61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Slacking? Lol guess who showed up[quoted image]

You can’t claim him local

4 months later
    #128 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I was also disappointed at my visit this week to MOMs, as Godzilla was turned off again. I have only gotten to play it once in 3 trips there. Stranger Things was on and played well. It should, as it is new out of the box. Then the tech showed up and worked on some of the machines. He always gives me tips and insights to the inner workings of pinball machines. I asked why Godzilla was down. The story is that it is owned by someone else, as well as Strnger things and a third one. I guess who ever owns it, does not want too many plays on it or maintence or some other reason. Then why have it in a public location?

Not the reason. It’s more about ‘my stuff verse their stuff’ and who is responsible for upkeep etc.

Unfortunately that Godzilla has had multiple problems right out of the box and hasn’t gotten to a good baseline yet.

#138 2 years ago

Missed out on playing Godzilla premium at expo?

Good news…. The king of monsters is coming to the DMV… verrry soon

#139 2 years ago

This just in… super jackpot!

Yes Godzilla pro AND premium at ocelot brewing!

88A5A9C6-1368-4ACC-82C1-F8155E1B49D6 (resized).jpeg88A5A9C6-1368-4ACC-82C1-F8155E1B49D6 (resized).jpeg

Come checkout the editions side by side for a limited time!

2 months later
    #154 2 years ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Damn I never got a chance to even try GZ out there. I went there twice and both times it was not working.

Come to Ocelot in Sterling... Godzilla Premium!

Stranger Things with UV kit too

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

90 minutes for me, but I have been to that location twice and it is nice with Brews. But pinball is twice the price per game. $1.00 but they are mostly new games

One has to acknowledge that Mom's .50c pricing is an anomaly and not to be expected elsewhere.

Looking forward to setting up Rush soon too

#159 2 years ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

At some point I will make it out there.
    But driving 20 mins vs 60 is quite a difference lol.

Should be less than 45mins unless you can't get to 270 quickly.

As we all know in the area... everything is 20+min and you can get anywhere in about an hour

1 week later
    #177 2 years ago

Scott (owner of Moms) is gonna do his thing regardless

Game condition will vary, but is well above 'random route' spot. Obviously anytime you have that many games in one spot, it's both a blessing and a curse. Curse that its so difficult to keep everything tip top at once, a blessing that if something is down you can just find something else to play

#179 2 years ago

Well.. think about that when Rush drops soon

#181 2 years ago

Ocelot brewing just added insider connected to its avenger premium! Come get those verified achievements….

Now with Godzilla premium, guardians, and avengers infinity quest premium all insider connected in addition to the 11 other games… and Rush should be here later in the week.

#182 2 years ago

Mustang sally brewing in chantily is having their informal week 0 for league AND unboxing Rush tonight! Go check it out

#194 2 years ago

These pins are at a ledo pizza? That’s badass!

You have no idea how much of a throwback that post is to me... last time I saw a pinball in lexington park was like 1983

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reaper802:

There are close to a dozen pins now on route in the area. SoMD Pinball had been grinding for almost 4 years now to grow location pinball in the area. Private collections exploded during this same time period. You name it, one of us probably have it to play at this point. Big things still to come in SoMD!

Great to hear! I grew up there but moved away after college and my parents just finally moved away a couple years ago after 50+ years down there. So I'm familiar with dealing with being at the edge of the earth

#197 2 years ago

Rush pro landed at ocelot! Insider connected and rocking!FAF724AD-4FC0-494D-847B-7EAF039C7099 (resized).jpegFAF724AD-4FC0-494D-847B-7EAF039C7099 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
    #216 2 years ago
    Quoted from sharkey1331:

Hi folks!
    Anywhere to play pinball on location around Prince Frederick, MD?

Drive to college park

2 weeks later
    #222 2 years ago
    3 months later
    #268 1 year ago
    Quoted from briyau15:Out of curiosity is there a list of all the pinball machines they have? I didn’t see anything on their site.

You can see the list on pinballmap

https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=15512

1 week later
    #274 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

Jurassic Park premium is not on the pinmap list. But it's in that picture..... Hmmm...

Added so much lately it probably slipped through.

Flintstones
    AFMr
    Toy Story LE
    jP premium

All added in the last few weeks

3 weeks later
    #284 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Not trying to call anybody out or anything just gently bring some awareness. This kind of stuff can get normalized creeping in bit by bit.

and without any frame of reference no one knows if the problem is the observer or the accused

#286 1 year ago
    Quoted from deosil:

how could the observer be the problem in this scenario??

Just remember.. some people in this hobby think just shaking a machine is cheating or abuse. So I don't blindly take anyone's frame of reference for granted.

#293 1 year ago
    Quoted from deosil:

sure but if you've played in the DMV scene you also know exactly what this person is talking about... It's weird to pretend that this is a phenomenon that doesn't exist and immediately assume someone reporting "scary" "post-drain outbursts" (in their opinion) are noobs just pearl clutching over nudges.

I didn't pretend anything - I didn't say it didn't happen. I was trying to get an idea of what he was referring to. Was he talking about swearing, self-deprecating or judo kicks? Like I said.. what's the frame of reference so we can understand what ambiguous behavior he was referring to.

Quoted from deosil:

I really didn't think that I would see weird "observer-blaming" over a phenomenon that the entire scene sees in some degree to the point that their are IFPA rules addressing it

You mean the rules that don't apply to the top players? gotcha

#294 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... in my limited time playing in tournaments and league in the DC metro area.
    1. Multiple F bombs, loud F bombs. F U, F This machine... all of it.
    2. People giving the pinball machine the double bird.
    3. People turning the game off and back on after a bad ball.
    4. People kicking the crud out of pinball legs.
    One or two worse things outside of league play, to include picking the pinball machine up several inches in dropping it... and before you ask they immediately left afterwards, and no it was not in pursuit of freeing a stuck ball.
    After witnessing this I have a personal rule to "not swear" when I lose.

All would have been great references to what he was referring to.. but instead we got...

ESnSixrXQAEozHX (resized).jpegESnSixrXQAEozHX (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #302 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

If I end up being able to go, can I just show up? Buddy and I might go but we aren't sure yet if we can make it, and also not sure if we will play or just hang out since we suck.

yup - just be there before start time.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

How long do those tourneys usually last?

Mustang Sally Friday nights were like.. 7:30 to like.. 1030ish? IIRC.. Will vary depending on how many people show, any tweaks they do, etc.

1 week later
    #316 1 year ago

Reposting here for a new league coming to the region
    ---

NEW! Fall 2022 League at Ocelot Brewing
    More Details at pintsandpinball.com

image (1).pngimage (1).png

All,

Bringing you a player-centric and community approach to league and club pinball!
    image.png

NEW! Fall 2022 League at Ocelot Brewing
    More Details at pintsandpinball.com
    10 Week League, Monday Nights @ 7:30pm, Starts Sept 19th

- Come for Week 0 on Sept 12 at 730pm! (Full Schedule Here / Sign-Up Here!)
    - Players of all ages and skill levels are welcome!
    - $40 for the season & 100% of money goes to prize pool
    - FREE Brian Allen Limited Edition Pints and Pinball T-shirt for all Charter Members
    - Outatime Amusements sponsored end of season party, games will be on Free Play!
    - 16 Games! Play all the latest games from your favorite manufacturers, Including Toy Story, Rush Premium, and Cactus Canyon!
    - This season we will feature Stern Insider Connect Leaderboards on our 65" TV!

E-Mail [email protected] for more Info or to sign up!

Ocelot Brewing Is Located In Dulles, VA at 23600 Overland Drive, Suite 180
    ----

1 week later
    #321 1 year ago

Leaderboards are now 'high visibility' at Ocelot Brewery.

306532366_10227726516811353_1336823405317913260_n.jpeg306532366_10227726516811353_1336823405317913260_n.jpeg

Come get your name up on the September Leaderboards on one of the EIGHT Insider Connected titles at Ocelot.

Maybe a 9th by the end of the month?? Shocking. Positively shocking

1 month later
    #328 1 year ago

Heard about the new The Big Lewbowski v1.0 code that radically updates the game?

It's live now at Ocelot Brewing in Dulles, VA! Come check it out.. Open until 10pm tonight!

Note tomorrow (Oct 16th) Ocelot is closed for a private event - so get out there today to check out the new goods!

4 weeks later
    #332 1 year ago

Want those verified Iron Maiden achievements?

Now you can play an absolute beautiful Iron Maiden premium at Ocelot in Dulles

4F184A55-CF7E-4042-A48C-2376C0A166B0 (resized).jpeg4F184A55-CF7E-4042-A48C-2376C0A166B0 (resized).jpeg

That makes 9 insider connected games on hand.

2 weeks later
    #335 1 year ago

Look who’s here!

9F30A941-43C7-4DA4-9A5D-84B38853833D (resized).jpeg9F30A941-43C7-4DA4-9A5D-84B38853833D (resized).jpeg

Bond pro now at ocelot brewing in dulles va!

3 weeks later
    #346 1 year ago

Brewcade hopping with Stern at @ Ocelot!

#347 1 year ago

And thanks for the report Tophervette - yeah Toy Story plunger needs some love. I just haven't prioritized it. Some alignment issue with the cabinet to sort. We'll get to it shortly. Thx!

3 weeks later
    #356 1 year ago

This is how we party… laser setup for the pints and pinball end of season party…

45107635-021C-4F4F-8FB8-CBB7B81CC9D7 (resized).jpeg45107635-021C-4F4F-8FB8-CBB7B81CC9D7 (resized).jpeg491EF195-CDA8-42E4-9C1A-9602FED1AF3A (resized).jpeg491EF195-CDA8-42E4-9C1A-9602FED1AF3A (resized).jpeg

Next season starts soon at Ocelot Brewing

2 months later
    #370 1 year ago

Come get boys! Now live at ocelot brewing in dulles va!

1C36D6E0-D6BA-4E52-8BD5-964D879655BD (resized).jpeg1C36D6E0-D6BA-4E52-8BD5-964D879655BD (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #386 12 months ago

Foo fighters launch party fri night at mustang sally in chantilly. Saturday at Ocelot brewing in Dulles

Load up!

3 months later
    #423 8 months ago

beatles is now at Ocelot in Dulles, VA

#425 8 months ago

If you are curious about stern accessories…

Ocelot’s Rush Premium now has the Rush topper and expression lights.

Of course you can check out the latest Stern Jurrasic code drop from yesterday on the JP premium

3 weeks later
    #436 7 months ago

Oh… and venom at ocelot!

IMG_5297 (resized).jpegIMG_5297 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
    #466 4 months ago

Joe says mom’s is closing on Tuesday…. Is that true?

Yup... supposedly the movers will be hauling the games away Tuesday.

No the games aren't up for sale...

No there is no exact plan yet on if and where another location may appear.

#470 4 months ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Per Knapp:
    Last but not least, last night I stumbled across a YouTube video stating that the iconic pinball location at MOM's Organic Market in College Park, Maryland is closing this week...not the grocery store itself, just the pinball part.
    UPDATE: I have great news. I spoke with the owner of MOM's and while the location is moving from its current grocery store spot it is reopening elsewhere soon. The new location for the MOM's games is still under construction and has not been officially announced yet.

This is incredibly positive spin... I don't blame Knapp - he's just reporting from afar. But those actually in the trenches report that the outcome here isn't that rosey.

Some of the spots he is looking at are doomed to fail.. or temporary at best.. and he doesn't seem commited in floating a full fledged operation on its own.

Basically stuff is going into storage until some alternative is formed up and while this closure has been in the works for months, no such 'next stop' has been closed on since he made the decision to give the space back to the landlord. This has been known for sometime, just kept close to the chest as the owner had not made any real public statements about it. Eventually this move date popped up unexpected and it disrupted league schedule... so then the dominos started to fall.

The good news is the owner hasn't looked to liquidate at this point, but he also doesn't seem as interested in pinball these days as he used to be when he started VUk, and then went onto to add this pinball room. So pitches like "open a new pinball spot.." or "take over that spot..." etc haven't really carried much. Options like "take over this bar's rental room.." or "put in this temporary space until..." have been more the common conversations.

Scott obviously has resources and is his own successful person... so we'll see what he eventually ends up doing.

#478 4 months ago

Those interested in discussing the current Mom's situation with others 'in the know' and other players... you can join our local pinball discord which has got people from all over the DMV active all day.

https://discord.gg/gTgkWcMg52

Note - this is not an anonymous server. Users are expected to be identifible by name or IFPA numbers. We play in person, we interact in person.. so we keep the same expectation in our discord. Feel free to check it out

1 week later
    #488 4 months ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

flynnibus will Ocelot be getting Labyrinth?

Yup! And there should be some exciting news soon!

#491 4 months ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Leave your quarters at home...

Your quarters don’t get happy hour discounts on pinball … but your Ocelot game cards do

1 month later
    #513 3 months ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Is moms now officially closed or is it hanging on a bit longer?

Still open… no specific date yet on when it will close right now (but it will). Much to do with the landlord and next tenants…

#516 85 days ago
    1 week later
    #533 74 days ago

Something is in the water….

IMG_5938 (resized).jpegIMG_5938 (resized).jpegIMG_5939 (resized).jpegIMG_5939 (resized).jpeg

Now at Ocelot Brewing… 4-7 happy hour pricing on games too

2 weeks later
    #547 58 days ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

I’m guessing there isn’t a business in the DMV area where you can rent a pin for a few months, correct? I’d love to just have some time with the JJPs that just came out, same with Bond or Jaws without trying to hunt them down on a location.

It's less common these days with prices through the roof... but pinballmap.com is your friend... not hard to locate games to try.. and for a few hundred $ a month you can play A LOT on location

2 weeks later
    #555 41 days ago
    Quoted from JD58337:

Was there last week during the day (Pirates playfield lights were down ). Talked to the barista at the nearby coffee shop and she was still very confident that they were closing down. Apparently a doctor’s office has officially bought out the space and the paperwork has been signed. Sounds like there’s no question. Still looking for a shirt from them though!

The space was leased by Moms from the landlord as part of a special deal... now the landlord has a new doctor's office tenant lined up for the space, so the Mom's special deal was ended. That's why the space was going away. No one 'bought out the space', etc.. its still just businesses leasing from the shopping center owner.

The timelines have kept sliding in part because the arrangements for the new tenant keep sliding. Once he stopped his initial moving plans, everything has changed to a 'waiting for the new timeline from the landlord' kind of phase.

It's not been a question of if the new tenant is happening, but been more of a question of when the things line up and Mom's needs to be out.

2 weeks later
    #569 26 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Those that have been to Ocelot Brewing in Dulles is this a card based play spot, dollars, all day pass or how do they handle things?
    TIA

We use a card system. The cards are free.

With the card system you get the ability to pay with cash or credit. You never have to worry about losing money in a coin mech… you can get bonus credits and we run happy hour pricing specials mon-thurs 4-7pm

The modern games are $1/play but i hope you will find them on par with any home collection game you will play - no route junkers here.

We have all the latest sterns in premium trim and have the latest titles you can’t find elsewhere like Labyrinth, pulp fiction, scooby doo and more.

We just setup Jaws Premium today and have more suprises coming VERY soon.

We have classics as well, such as eight ball deluxe, fish tales and more. Older games are cheaper to play too.

I hope you’ll give us a try!

#570 26 days ago

Dun num…

IMG_6240 (resized).jpegIMG_6240 (resized).jpeg

Threatening all swimmer at Ocelot Beach!

Oh and this has some additiona people may want to try

#573 26 days ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

I was JUST THERE TODAY! I was wondering why there was a spot beside Godzilla while I was playing it. Dangit. I had to leave too early!

Will just have to come back

Yeah unfortunately swtup was a bit long today due to some extended testing and tweaking i was doing before putting it out.

#575 24 days ago

It’s March Madness at Ocelot Brewing!

IMG_6260 (resized).jpegIMG_6260 (resized).jpeg

Another New Arrival!

#577 24 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Jaws and Elton in the same week, cool. Looks like Fish Tales left.
    Also looks like OG GZ is back up now (was down on Saturday).
    FYI Reclaim in Fredericksburg has a Jaws Premium now.

Ft still there. Pinball Map and pinside pinmap are both updated as soon as we put games on the floor. You should have pretty good confidence on their accuracy when you pull them up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.