(Topic ID: 290799)

Maryland/DC/Virginia location play club

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1068 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1069 (resized).jpeg
    John-Breen-2024-Poster (resized).jpg
    IMG_0924 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0923 (resized).jpeg
    20240407_164114 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165248 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165853 (resized).jpg
    20240407_170806 (resized).jpg
    20240407_172140 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174549 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174127 (resized).jpg
    20240407_181157 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175214 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175222 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0894 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briyau15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 2 years ago

FWIW, the new Bowlero place in Tysons Galleria (first floor where Macy’s used to be) has 3 pins (Guardians, Led Zeppelin pro, and Mandalorian). Set up is similar to Dave & Busters where you need to purchase a play card for $2 and load credits on it to play their arcade games and pins. 2 credits for pinball and depending on how many credits you purchase each pinball game would be $1 or less.

Due to the loud atmosphere it was hard to hear the callouts and such but gave me a chance to play Mando for the first time.

4DF33DC1-AD06-41C1-A65E-A88D39D9B3F7 (resized).jpeg4DF33DC1-AD06-41C1-A65E-A88D39D9B3F7 (resized).jpeg
    6 months later
    #267 1 year ago
    Quoted from bghenson23:

Jurassic Park (Premium) and Flintstones are new additions at Ocelot Brewing ( https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=15512 ). JP plays great and I really enjoyed playing it with Insider Connected.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Out of curiosity is there a list of all the pinball machines they have? I didn’t see anything on their site.

1 year later
    #511 3 months ago

Is moms now officially closed or is it hanging on a bit longer?

#515 3 months ago

I just spent a good 4 hours playing at MOM’s today so it’s still going strong for the time being. There was a sign at the front that said they are looking for a new space.

Was able to play Foo and Rush for the first time but not familiar with most of their catalogs to appreciate their pins. Spent a good deal on The Hobbbit and that game is a grind.

#527 86 days ago
    Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Very cool. When I went a week ago Thursday, I’d say 8-10 machines were dark.
    They announced a tournament 3/1/24 so they must be confident they’ll be open at least that long. I think I’ve gone “for the last time” 3 times now. Perhaps at least another yet to come.

I was planning on going again tomorrow but then remembered about the Ravens game so don’t want to deal with that traffic. I’ll see if I can maybe make a trip today.

3 weeks later
    #546 65 days ago

I’m guessing there isn’t a business in the DMV area where you can rent a pin for a few months, correct? I’d love to just have some time with the JJPs that just came out, same with Bond or Jaws without trying to hunt them down on a location.

#548 65 days ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's less common these days with prices through the roof... but pinballmap.com is your friend... not hard to locate games to try.. and for a few hundred $ a month you can play A LOT on location

Yeah, I’m all for hitting up locations where it would be easier to access Sterns but the JJPs are the harder ones. I think the closest I see to play Godfather or Elton John is in WV or PA.

I’m actually at Rehoboth Beach now where one of the arcades does have a Godfather so will try to get decent time on it. I understand prices are so high the mode doesn’t make sense for a business or person to purchase and rent out for a month, oh well.

3 weeks later
    #564 41 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Those that have been to Ocelot Brewing in Dulles is this a card based play spot, dollars, all day pass or how do they handle things?
    TIA

It’s been probably 6 months since I’ve been but it was quarters when I was there. They had a change machine.

#567 41 days ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

it's a card now. You have to buy a card at the location from a machine. You can then top off the card with credit card or cash. I'm cash only guy on location and it's all good.

Good to know. Still $1 a play I presume?

3 weeks later
    #604 15 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Holy shitake mushrooms batman. Made it to Ocelot brewery just outside the Dulles airport today and literally played every game I was looking forward to playing at the Allentown Pinfest.
    Jaws Premium
    Pulp Fiction
    Elton John
    Looney Toons
    Labyrinth (with topper!)
    Freaking awesome and totally worth the trip.
    I had no idea the original Godzilla pin was that bad.
    Other than spongey flippers on the 8 ball deluxe and a non-working left sling on Jurassic Park Premium everything was clean and in tip top shape. Its an hour drive for me, but if anyone is thinking of getting a NIB pinball machine, this would be my recommendation for the place to stop to try things out in the wild before making a selection.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are your thoughts on Elton? I lurk in the owners forum and there’s not one negative thing to be said. Makes me want to try to get out and play it myself as I’m not sure if it’s the usual new owners mentality to talk up their latest collection piece.

Very interested in seeing how it compares to Star Wars and LZ shooting wise.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briyau15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club?tu=briyau15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.