Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1068 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1069 (resized).jpeg
    John-Breen-2024-Poster (resized).jpg
    IMG_0924 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0923 (resized).jpeg
    20240407_164114 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165248 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165853 (resized).jpg
    20240407_170806 (resized).jpg
    20240407_172140 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174549 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174127 (resized).jpg
    20240407_181157 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175214 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175222 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0894 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider assaultsuit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just made it to Spinners for the first time in a few months and there were many additions to their arcade.

I was contemplating going there today before a home repair took up my Saturday. I'll get out there eventually.

7 months later
    #450 7 months ago

I stopped by Lyman’s Tavern in DC last night. Subtle signage but a pretty good crowd for a Wednesday.B9390CE8-7FFD-413F-AC5A-63E3760FADDD (resized).jpegB9390CE8-7FFD-413F-AC5A-63E3760FADDD (resized).jpeg

I went there in part for their reputation but they just got a Venom and no place near me has yet. Put on a few plays, it should be fun when the league I’m in gets one.C3C60315-9D96-4E78-9CB8-2E0F8304E214 (resized).jpegC3C60315-9D96-4E78-9CB8-2E0F8304E214 (resized).jpeg

Then I tried some of their other games. Star Trek LE consistently fired 2 balls into the shooter lane making the game unplayable. Many of the games are downright filthy.439F2971-EBFB-4E7A-B094-577134F52672 (resized).jpeg439F2971-EBFB-4E7A-B094-577134F52672 (resized).jpegI’m kind of surprised they can have competitive play with playfields this dirty.

Otherwise, affordable beer (for DC) and the local players seemed to enjoy everything!

3 weeks later
    #457 6 months ago

This is a little off the beaten path for this group but it’s a very rare opportunity to get into this location to play these games. It’s only available for private events and there are a wide variety of pins (and vids) stretching from EMs to today.

Come join this IFPA tournament at Clipper Stadium is Lancaster, PA! Hosted by the fine folks of Death Save Pinball League!

https://www.lancasterbarnstormers.com/non-game-day-stadium-events/pinball-tournament/

1 month later
    #464 5 months ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Joe says mom’s is closing on Tuesday…. Is that true?

Well damn. I had other plans today but I might just have to make a trek down there for one more day of play.

2 weeks later
    #494 4 months ago
    Quoted from Saracen:

I went to MOM’s today and it was still open. Got to play through my pocket change one last time.

Anyone know anything about what the new last-day is now?

#496 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I went to Holy Frijoles in northern Baltimore (Roland Park area). Parked behind in the alley, where it said "You will be towed and fined $50 a day". Lots of Graffitti Spray painted/Tagged all over every surface. I showed up at noon on Thursday. According to a webpage I thought it said it opened at 11 on Thursdays. I looked in the locked front door and saw it was closed. A guy with purple hair came to the door and said it opened at 5pm on weekdays and noon on weekends. I went away disappointed as I was looking for a new pinball place to replace MOMs, even though it took me over an hour to get there. Just looked at the webpage again and it says "Thursday kitchen 5pm to 11pm".
    Token in Edgewater, MD has expanded its space and moved the pinballs around. James Bond is still wobbly legs and was fun to play still. Godzilla Pro Foo Fighters both had stiff legs. I guess this will have to be my new space, along with Crab Towne. [quoted image]

Holy Frijoles has a flavor all it’s own (and the food is good too!)

I haven’t made my way to Wico St Beer Co yet but their burgeoning collection contains a number of rarely seen LE models and they do host tournaments.

1 month later
    #518 3 months ago

I stopped by Jailbreak brewing Thursday on my way down to Magfest. They gave up on their Lebowski citing that it was always broken. It’s been replaced by a well worn Stranger Things Premium with UV kit and volume at 0. Played well though. Their 3 other games are Star Wars (pro?), JJP GNR LE, and Halloween CE.

#522 89 days ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

After the Washington Auto show downtown today, I visited the Acme Pie Company on Columbia Pike Arlington. Inside, along one wall was the Pinball Basement lineup of Pinball machines. Early Bally Elvira, Jurasic Park, Dead Pool, Rush, Ultraman, Cactus Canyon, Iron Maiden, and an Early Stern James Bond. The games were well maintained. Elvira had a new Mirco PF. All the insider connections worked. The slice of Pumpkin pie was delicious. You pay a fee to Free play the games as long as you want. I got to play each one multiple times. Ultraman was different. It took a couple games to figure out the ball comes out of the slings and drains if you are not expecting it. But a 3 level PF was different. First time playing a Cactus Canyon and I really got into it. Great atmosphere. I got to talk to one of the owners and he was a really cool guy that was handing out tips to a newbie pinball owner. I will return for Pie and Pinball.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was reading an article about this place the other day. A monthly $40 fee to join their club gives you exclusive access at certain times and full access whenever they're open. If I lived close that would be pretty sweet!

#526 88 days ago
    Quoted from Renouart:

I just came back from Mom’s, I think all the pins were working, to their usual high level.

Very cool. When I went a week ago Thursday, I’d say 8-10 machines were dark.

They announced a tournament 3/1/24 so they must be confident they’ll be open at least that long. I think I’ve gone “for the last time” 3 times now. Perhaps at least another yet to come.

#530 88 days ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

Spent two hours at Mom’s. Only 2-3 machines were dark out of forty. So no drop in their outstanding maintenance record. When I first arrived at 7:30 there were only three people there, though. Would’ve hoped they got more business on a weekend. I lost track of time until 9:30. Realized they close at 9:00. The staff is so chill there, just great people. No one asked me to leave.

It really is a unique gem. It would be a shame if whatever new place they find has a completely different vibe or smaller so the whole collection can't fit.

1 month later
    #582 31 days ago

NEW PINBALL LEAGUE STARTING IN COLUMBIA APRIL 3RD!
    The GameOn Columbia Pinball League (GOCPL? We'll have to workshop that) will be six weeks of match play (3 weeks random seeding, 3 weeks of division play) on Wednesdays at 8pm starting on April 10th, followed by playoffs for the top 4 in each division on May 22nd. There will also be a Week 0 on April 3rd so you can do the usual Week 0 things. For details, see the IFPA page or ask me questions!
    Normally the games are $1 per play, but Wednesday is 1/2 price tokens day, so games are theoretically 50 cents on league day! There will also be drink specials at the bar! Plenty of bar type food on site, or if you want more of a meal, there are TONS of amazing food options literally right next door including Banditos (amazing quesadillas and tacos), and Clove and Cardamom (seriously the best Indian food I’ve ever had)!
    The current game lineup is:
    Demolition Man
    JJP Guns N' Roses
    James Bond Pro
    South Park
    Stranger Things Premium
    TRON: Legs
    TMNT Pro
    Toy Story 4 LE
    Jaws premium and Foo Fighters premium are scheduled to come in, and GNR scheduled to go out, so hopefully this happens before league starts.
    League dues will be $30 for the season, and 100% of the dues will be allocated to the prize pool.  
    Game On
    6000 Merriweather Dr
    Columbia MD

What time does each night start?

#585 31 days ago

8pm. April 3 is week “0”, so more of a meet n greet, check the games out, etc. unofficial league night.

I'm sorry, I see it now. I appreciate the response. I'll probably check it out April 3rd. I'd have to back out of my regular league for the season to participate so I'm not sure but I've been wanting to see the new place anyway so a good reason to go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider assaultsuit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club?tu=assaultsuit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.