(Topic ID: 290799)

Maryland/DC/Virginia location play club

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1068 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1069 (resized).jpeg
    John-Breen-2024-Poster (resized).jpg
    IMG_0924 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0923 (resized).jpeg
    20240407_164114 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165248 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165853 (resized).jpg
    20240407_170806 (resized).jpg
    20240407_172140 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174549 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174127 (resized).jpg
    20240407_181157 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175214 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175222 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0894 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 2 years ago

Wasn't there a place near Crabtowne called the Volleyball Field, Court, Hous or something?? I know they had a league.....

Not a whole lot of places to play in Baltimore County, I wish the Mom's in Timonium would ship in some pinballs - we are sorely lacking in pin action here.......

Great thread, will check out the Frederick location, that's about the closest 1hr drive aside from College Park, but I'm not a fan of driving down around that congested area.

There was also a smallish arcade with lots of EM machines located to the NE of York, PA - there was a small "main street" type town, and one of the buildings there was a pinball showcase. Anyone know about that place and if it's still there?

On a side note, anyone that services machines, do you ever do "side jobs" for people tearing out their hair over maintenance issues that are escaping "solveability?" I've got a magnet gremlin on GoldenEye that I need to fix before I end up in the crazy house.

Peace, Nate

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from bghenson23:

Volleyball House is what you are thinking of....closed

Ah, ok, thanks.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Baltimore county sucks because the per game permit is $270/ year, plus you have to give 10% of gross revenue to the state.
    Half of nothing is nothing. Go to round 1 in Towson or Frijoles in hampden.
    Mike

Per game! Wow, yeah that's ridiculous. No wonder we don't have any around here!!

Round 1? I'll check it out.

Been to Fijoles, haven't been since they had that fire however.......

-Nate

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Yeah.... luckily volleyball house was literally 100 feet over the Baltimore county/Howard county line (on the Howard side, of course). Can’t blame Judy for selling though.... apparently developers threw big money at her for the property.
    Mike

Ah, so that's why it was located "out of the way" - I got it. Hadn't heard they sold it, but yeah, if the price is right, you most likely will say "yes."

-Nate

#102 2 years ago

So what is up with Spinners? Their website lists the following (few) pinball games:

PINBALL
    Avengers Pro (Stern), Star Wars Pro, Jurassic Park Pro, Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, Attack from Mars, Who Dunnit, Whirlwind, Funhouse, Pin*bot, Jackbot, Mousin’ Around, Road Kings, Black Knight 2000, Circus,

Is that what they have currently? This wouldn't really make me too excited to make the trip - if they have more games, they would be better to list them all on their site........

-N

3 months later
    #146 2 years ago

Finally got over to Hagerstown and Spinners. A very impressive arrangement of old and new, even a lonely old flipperless unit - felt kind of sorry for it as it sat there quietly and lonely next to a Jack Bot......... LOVED the Godzilla, a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately almost all of the EM machines were in need of help and did not play correctly. I never understand why machines are not tilted up - a LOT - especially an EM - this makes the gameplay fast and fun. Some great titles, but condition was not welcoming to gameplay.

Torpedo Alley was a surprise to see - really great condition. I played and played that damn thing, but couldn't get into it. Seems like a drain monster and the layout isn't really player friendly - too bad because I love the cheesy theme and that backglass!!

Ended the evening on a real beater - Road Kings - played really rough, playfield plastics actually moving around during gameplay, pf looking like sandpapered mess - but the music and the feel of that game was surprisingly fun. Very 80's. Was trying to figure out the hold bonus rule-set.........

Had a great time, there were some great pins sitting in the back of one of the rooms yet to be worked on - now to play a Godzilla with the fancy building mod and the bridge etc. That'll make it even more enjoyable.

-Nate

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club?tu=Pinball_Nate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.