(Topic ID: 290799)

Maryland/DC/Virginia location play club

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
    cry.gif
    20240324_143157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0777 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6260 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6240 (resized).jpeg
    428709949_7737261959631352_8790032972410988153_n (resized).jpg
    428711860_7737262342964647_4126148297391685099_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7240 (resized).jpeg
    20240217_131052 (resized).jpg
    8FDD392A-01B0-4693-8C87-66D5345B1D1E (resized).jpeg
    424996545_7591106630913553_6647479762011592236_n (resized).jpg
    425466392_7591106227580260_6047162460472531973_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_2633 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2630 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2629 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

I do a lot of the service work for spinners. Joe and crew have done a miraculous job building that gameroom into what it is, especially while facing the business effects of covid. It’s a real treasure and it’s totally worth a trip out from Baltimore or dc, and a real group effort among people that genuinely care about coinop, and the pinball edu mission. Many of the video games you saw were just brought in from replay fx. I’m really proud to be a part of what happens there.

I also do the service for crabtowne. I noticed your comment about spinners condition (and other locations) vs crabtowne. Crabtowne has added 14 pins to their lineup in the last couple years. Many of the games there (big guns, pinbot, eight ball deluxe, and bally kiss(!)) have been there since they were new, and have never left the building. As such, they’ve seen various stages of neglect over the years, before Shannon and I took the service over, 4 years ago. Those games get the absolute snot played out of them! Before covid, the parking lot would be full, every night. With restrictions lifted, people are coming back, especially on weekends. The ghostbusters has over 40,000 plays, as an example.

It’s great to see this thread. Keep in mind, Maryland was a dry pinball state just 4-5 years ago.

Mike

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Was the Black Knight up and working at Spinners? I was there in February and it was the main machine I wanted to play, but it was down.

It is working as of thus past Wednesday, and is on the immediate list to be Led’d and cleaned up. Might have even been done this weekend.

Edit: black knight 2000, not the original

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The machines in there are well loved and I have no issues with them. No disrespect meant on condition comments. Only mentioned as I know some people are picky. Thank you for keeping them up and running. I'll do a write up on them next time I swing by.
    Also, as you are more familiar with their EDU mission, can you let us know how that works? Are those pins on loan from local pinball people or are they owned by a non-profit?

No, no offense taken! I just wanted to provide a backstory on the games, as some of them cosmetically are obviously a little rough. We try to keep them in tournament playable condition, as we do have a bi-annual tournament that we host there (when covid isn’t happening), and we have groups of players that play on Monday and Tuesday night. Many of the system 11 games have Soren’s code in them to balance out the advantages.... you’ll notice for example that pool sharks you can only play 9 ball, and rollergames has virtual locks in a multiplayer game with no sudden death. Pinbot, high speed, and big guns also have Soren’s chips in them to balance the progressive jackpots.

You’ll have to get more details from Joe, but many of the games at spinners are either donated or on loan. As I said, it’s really a communal effort. Many folks have a hand in making spinners great.

Pinball edu’s mission is to educate kids with certain disabilities by using pinball as a tool to teach. Again, the parenthesis (when covid isn’t happening), they have groups of kids from schools, clubs, hospitals come through and learn about things like how a game works, how to play etc. The interaction with some of these games has helped kids with autism and similar characteristics, as well as helped caregivers understand more. It’s a very unique concept.

2 months later
    #54 2 years ago

Crabtowne got their Mandalorian pro yesterday! Had a fun reveal party last night with almost 50 people.

1EA9BEE7-13A2-4735-AF6A-FA446329C236 (resized).png1EA9BEE7-13A2-4735-AF6A-FA446329C236 (resized).png6DF49232-506B-4C82-949F-75E1FDB7F5BC (resized).jpeg6DF49232-506B-4C82-949F-75E1FDB7F5BC (resized).jpeg8EE8D0CC-B8B1-4FDC-9E12-59B1CD02B270 (resized).jpeg8EE8D0CC-B8B1-4FDC-9E12-59B1CD02B270 (resized).jpegDD6BA2C4-3151-44CF-BBE0-EB65BAC45C22 (resized).jpegDD6BA2C4-3151-44CF-BBE0-EB65BAC45C22 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #60 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Crabtowne be slacking
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5fbe8cf00f98f4bd4d6f746dd2d30c932efa1943-1625102821-1800"};
    //]]>

We put up 300+ day one. Then a good player came in and put 600+ in on his first visit.
    A good run of the right mode, plus mb, plus a multipler stack will blow this game up. I got 150m in midhorn alone one game.
    Wonder if Scott sill buy mando yet for Moms so we can have total area coverage for the game

Slacking? Lol guess who showed up

792C6773-510A-45D8-888F-11C9799719E6 (resized).png792C6773-510A-45D8-888F-11C9799719E6 (resized).png
    #62 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Wonder if Scott sill buy mando yet for Moms so we can have total area coverage for the game

I’m going to guess that moms gets a premium/LE. I don’t think Scott sits this one out.

2 months later
    #94 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Wasn't there a place near Crabtowne called the Volleyball Field, Court, Hous or something?? I know they had a league.....
    Not a whole lot of places to play in Baltimore County, I wish the Mom's in Timonium would ship in some pinballs - we are sorely lacking in pin action here.......
    Great thread, will check out the Frederick location, that's about the closest 1hr drive aside from College Park, but I'm not a fan of driving down around that congested area.
    There was also a smallish arcade with lots of EM machines located to the NE of York, PA - there was a small "main street" type town, and one of the buildings there was a pinball showcase. Anyone know about that place and if it's still there?
    On a side note, anyone that services machines, do you ever do "side jobs" for people tearing out their hair over maintenance issues that are escaping "solveability?" I've got a magnet gremlin on GoldenEye that I need to fix before I end up in the crazy house.
    Peace, Nate

Baltimore county sucks because the per game permit is $270/ year, plus you have to give 10% of gross revenue to the state.

Half of nothing is nothing. Go to round 1 in Towson or Frijoles in hampden.

Mike

#99 2 years ago

Per game! Wow, yeah that's ridiculous. No wonder we don't have any around here!!
    Round 1? I'll check it out.
    Been to Fijoles, haven't been since they had that fire however.......
    -Nate

Yeah.... luckily volleyball house was literally 100 feet over the Baltimore county/Howard county line (on the Howard side, of course). Can’t blame Judy for selling though.... apparently developers threw big money at her for the property.

Mike

1 week later
    #104 2 years ago

So what is up with Spinners? Their website lists the following (few) pinball games:
    PINBALL
    Avengers Pro (Stern), Star Wars Pro, Jurassic Park Pro, Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, Attack from Mars, Who Dunnit, Whirlwind, Funhouse, Pin*bot, Jackbot, Mousin’ Around, Road Kings, Black Knight 2000, Circus,
    Is that what they have currently? This wouldn't really make me too excited to make the trip - if they have more games, they would be better to list them all on their site........
    -N

I just put all new ramps on whirlwind yesterday. Game plays like absolute butter.

4 weeks later
    #116 2 years ago

I was at holy Frijoles today in hampden dialing in a few games. Worked on addams, mousin, scared stiff, and then upstairs worked on fish tales and whitewater. They have a pretty stellar lineup of games for public play downstairs, including Mousin, lotr, scared stiff, dialed in, rfm, Munsters premium, Indy Jones wms, Addams, avengers, creature, laserball, and a couple more I can’t remember. Once in a while they open the upstairs during league night or events, but usually it’s closed to the public. Probably another 25 pins upstairs. Go check it out,off 36th st in north Baltimore. Great place to get some burritos or tacos and a few beers!

Also remember that Baltimore city has a mask mandate, so bring your mask.

Mike

0B7E5708-E705-44C3-ADD8-182817F89A2D (resized).jpeg0B7E5708-E705-44C3-ADD8-182817F89A2D (resized).jpeg

#123 2 years ago

Spinners just received their Godzilla pro yesterday! Go spin it.

2 weeks later
    #137 2 years ago

Crabtowne has IFPA sanctioned 3-4 strike tourneys every Tuesday night. Starts 8pm, usually runs to 11-1130. Last night we had 34 players. It’s the best opportunity to boost your IFPA rank in the state, and qualify for finals, or play for cash and have a good time! Last nights price Pool was 170 bucks, and got split three ways.

$6 to enter... 5 goes straight into prize pool, $1 goes to ifpa. Great vibe, great food and drinks, and an awesome group of people. Everybody has a good time, and there’s no bullshit drama. Come on out!

8B91248F-CA9B-4E81-B1FE-621BA9DD69AE (resized).jpeg8B91248F-CA9B-4E81-B1FE-621BA9DD69AE (resized).jpegA6871E84-FDF8-4777-8070-C14481888BEB (resized).jpegA6871E84-FDF8-4777-8070-C14481888BEB (resized).jpegE3054E67-208D-4542-9FDD-91A0B937E94B (resized).jpegE3054E67-208D-4542-9FDD-91A0B937E94B (resized).jpeg

2 months later
    #151 2 years ago

Spinners getting a nice write up from Amelia at 98 rock

https://www.facebook.com/100050308427272/posts/475085960845014/?d=n

2 weeks later
    #192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reaper802:

SoMD Pinball will be hosting an Open House Saturday February 12th at Ledo Pizza in Charlotte Hall, MD starting at 11:30 am.
    All details can be found in our Facebook Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoMDPinballVintageArcade
    Mando Pro
    Zilla Pro
    NBA Fastbreak
    All games are in minty condition.

These pins are at a ledo pizza? That’s badass!

1 month later
    #225 2 years ago

Game on bar and arcade is now open in Annapolis. They have a Godzilla premium, and a guardians pro. They are getting a getaway and f-14 as well.

Sorry to the person that came in to play Godzilla premium today and it was turned off. They were moving games around this week and the SD card wiggled loose. It is working fine now. I will make sure you get a couple of beers for your trouble.

Mike

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Game on bar and arcade is now open in Annapolis. They have a Godzilla premium, and a guardians pro. They are getting a getaway and f-14 as well.
    Sorry to the person that came in to play Godzilla premium today and it was turned off. They were moving games around this week and the SD card wiggled loose. It is working fine now. I will make sure you get a couple of beers for your trouble.
    Mike

Both games also have insider connect active

1 week later
    #233 2 years ago

Cactus canyon remake just added to game on in Annapolis

9E035C59-2D7A-4E82-8585-A6301856FE6F (resized).jpeg9E035C59-2D7A-4E82-8585-A6301856FE6F (resized).jpeg
    #235 2 years ago

Sweet! Do they have a list of their lineup anywhere? Are they kid friendly during any part of the day?

Kids are allowed until 6. Lineup is:

GOTG PRO
    Godzilla premium
    Getaway
    CCR

2 months later
    #253 1 year ago

We put the concept of league vs weekly tourneys to a vote on Facebook, and the majority voted to keep a weekly tourney at crabtowne. It works because folks can join a league anywhere, but if they want to earn some quick IFPA points, they come to crabtowne. Right now we are getting 30-40 people every Tuesday night.

I haven’t talked to anyone about it yet, but I’d love for someone to run a Monday night league at crabtowne. I can help set it up but I can’t run it. Could be fspa sanctioned or someone could use our tourney template (in the past leagues, crabtowne hasn’t been fspa run). There’s definitely a demand for it and it would take a little craziness out of Tuesday.

Mike

Quoted from bghenson23:

Unfortunately, there isn't a FSPA league closer to you. Crabtowne used to have a league, but I'm not aware that they have restarted it or that it was earlier in the evening. Holy Frijoles (Baltimore) has a pinball league I believe, but I don't know the details and obviously that isn't super close either - there is a Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921762388149759/?_rdr if you want to inquire about details.

#255 1 year ago

How late do the tournaments usually go at crabtown?

Starts Tuesday night 8 sharp. Ends at 11. 4 strikes, head to head.... we go to three strikes if we get more than 34 people.

#262 1 year ago

I missed a doozie at crabtowne Tuesday night.... they had 41 people. Pretty good turnout, lots of cash and wppr points. Might start doing bounties again on Tuesday nights too, where the person who knocks out the previous weeks winner gets a cash bonus. Fun times!

Mike

Tuesday Crabtowne Pinball Tournaments: You should go, and what to expect. (Glen Burnie Maryland)
    So, I tried out the weekly Crabtowne Pinball tournament yesterday and it was an awesome experience I would highly recommend. They do a pinball tournament every Tuesday starting at 8 o’clock. http://www.crab-towne.com/ Signing up was easy and simple. Just show up to the arcade, and at about 7:45 someone with a microphone and a computer will be in the center of the room to register people. All they need is a name… and $6. $5 of the $6 goes to a prize pool, with the rest going to the IFPA. They do either a 3 strike or a 4 strike tournament depending on how many people are there, and the games start promptly at 8. You are matched up against other players and play 1v1 games, and every time you lose you get “a strike”. 3 strikes (or 4 depending on how many people are there) and you are out. Everyone plays a 1v1 game in round 1, then they announce the winners and everyone does a 1v1 game in round 2. After round 3 the first people start to be knocked out. They try and pair you up against people of your same skill level as the evening progresses.
    As people are knocked out, the people left are better and better. In my first few games I played against some good players and some players that were hitting both flippers at the same time. Everyone I played, regardless of skill level was having fun. The last few games I played people really knew what they were doing. I didn’t win, but was in the top 6. They had a cool website you could use to track your progress and report results that was completely optional. I ended up knocked out about 1030.
    The crowd here was very different than the one other pinball tournament I played (Allentown). People here were mostly casuals, slightly inebriated, there to have fun. There were a few people that seemed really competitive, but it was a good excuse to drink and hang out for most folks. If you are non-committal on joining a league or trying out a tournament, this is a great one to try out. I would say 10% of people there were ultra competitive, 10% were on a lady’s night out doing something different, and 80% of people were there just to play pinball and drink with friends.
    I may or may not try out the FSPA Mom’s league. I can’t do both it and Crabtowne (I do want to see my kids) but could see being a regular at either. I'll probably give it a season and then do one or the other.
    Thanks to the folks who organize and put stuff like this on!

5 months later
    #338 1 year ago

Bond pro now at Game On in Annapolis. Godzilla premium is back as well! Also deadpool pro and GNRSE.

95AFDBAF-135D-4B69-9F39-FFEA794EA263 (resized).jpeg95AFDBAF-135D-4B69-9F39-FFEA794EA263 (resized).jpeg
    #340 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

So going to Annapolis tomorrow. Looking to see what time it opens on Friday.

5:00

3 months later
    #366 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Do any locations have a Foo Fighters on order in the DMV area? I’m trying to decide between that and a GZ for my one remaining gameroom spot and am itching to try it out!

I have it from a good source that they will literally be all over the dmv (well at least the M part)

1 month later
    #380 11 months ago

Foo Fighters pro now at crabtowne USA! Yes you read that right lol

2BFF8F52-9A16-4EE0-B97E-AEC28D88F2B8 (resized).jpeg2BFF8F52-9A16-4EE0-B97E-AEC28D88F2B8 (resized).jpeg
    #382 11 months ago

Foo fighters pro now up and running at holy Frijoles in Baltimore!

189758AA-4079-4945-8942-2DB57A888D64 (resized).jpeg189758AA-4079-4945-8942-2DB57A888D64 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #406 9 months ago

Foo premium was placed at game on Annapolis a couple weeks ago (forgot to mention it here). Also Godzilla has the topper!

IMG_4148 (resized).jpegIMG_4148 (resized).jpeg
    4 weeks later
    #411 8 months ago

All the Crabtowne USA Stern Pins now have insider connected and are hooked up to the web.

And leaderboard coming soon…. Although I have to make sure doing a leaderboard doesn’t kill the 100GB hotspot that is running IC. Last month we ran out of bandwidth 3 days before the end of the month, probably because I was doing updates on everything through WiFi…. So I turned off automatic downloads and now have to do those the old fashioned way.

Crabtowne has doodoo WiFi because comcast and verizon never ran fiber lines down that side of the street… so they have this poverty ass ISP that totally sucks. I’ve had the juke on an air card for a long time. So this was the solution. Hopefully it works long term!

#413 8 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Pick up a Starlink.

Crabtowne doesn’t have “lavish” money

3 weeks later
    #422 7 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

Does Mom's Organic Market in College Park ever host tournaments? The last few times I've been there it was really quiet. Even on a Saturday morning. Would like to drum up some business for them. It's the best pinball arcade in DC area, IMO.

They do. Next tourney is mid September:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

Casey usually puts on a monthly tourney over there, I believe (Chuck’s son). Once in a while someone else will do a quarterly tournament there as well. Fspa has a weekly league that meets on Wednesday nights there with 30ish people, but I think their season just wrapped up. And they just had a big tourney there last month for the dmv cup finals (50ish people)

Mike

#431 7 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

That about sums it up. I think they have eight pinball machines, including a Mandalorian, Zilla and a Ghostbusters. The place itself is your typical dark tavern inside. They have a few outdoor tables if you eat there. The neighborhood is a little sketchy, though.
    Even though Lyman's is only about 10 minutes from our home in DC, I drive 30 minutes to go to Mom's Organic Market in College Park when headed out to play. Mom's has the best collection of machines in DC area. They're only $.50 per play and are well maintained.

Can’t beat the food and vibe at Lyman’s, and they also have great monthly benefit tournaments, where the cash goes to a good cause, but players get the WPPR’s. Always a good time. Dave does a good job occasionally switching the lineup around, and they have a couple LE’s, including the aforementioned ghostbusters and mando.

1 week later
    #434 7 months ago

Also checkerspot brewing opens tomorrow (9-1), and has three beautiful pins…. Freshly shopped guardians and avatar, and a brand new rush. Right around the corner from m&t bank stadium!

IMG_4974 (resized).jpegIMG_4974 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #463 4 months ago

Joe says mom’s is closing on Tuesday…. Is that true?

#485 3 months ago
    Quoted from RazorV23:

Can anyone tell me the closest place to Annapolis that has a Scooby Doo machine?

Frijoles In Baltimore has one and it should be working fine

1 month later
    #517 66 days ago

It’s open!

Game on
    6000 merriweather dr
    Columbia Md

Pin list:
    GNRSE JJP
    TS4
    Bond pro
    STh premium
    Tmnt pro
    Demo man (Soren and cuss roms)
    Tron
    South Park

IMG_0238 (resized).jpegIMG_0238 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #581 4 days ago

NEW PINBALL LEAGUE STARTING IN COLUMBIA APRIL 3RD!

The GameOn Columbia Pinball League (GOCPL? We'll have to workshop that) will be six weeks of match play (3 weeks random seeding, 3 weeks of division play) on Wednesdays at 8pm starting on April 10th, followed by playoffs for the top 4 in each division on May 22nd. There will also be a Week 0 on April 3rd so you can do the usual Week 0 things. For details, see the IFPA page or ask me questions!

Normally the games are $1 per play, but Wednesday is 1/2 price tokens day, so games are theoretically 50 cents on league day! There will also be drink specials at the bar! Plenty of bar type food on site, or if you want more of a meal, there are TONS of amazing food options literally right next door including Banditos (amazing quesadillas and tacos), and Clove and Cardamom (seriously the best Indian food I’ve ever had)!

The current game lineup is:
    Demolition Man
    JJP Guns N' Roses
    James Bond Pro
    South Park
    Stranger Things Premium
    TRON: Legs
    TMNT Pro
    Toy Story 4 LE

Jaws premium and Foo Fighters premium are scheduled to come in, and GNR scheduled to go out, so hopefully this happens before league starts.

League dues will be $30 for the season, and 100% of the dues will be allocated to the prize pool.  

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddgVAagkah6hNNJTKHWuqPzF0CizKu2uXyBHo6e15Ps1WnIA/viewform

And we hope to see you there in April!

Game On
    6000 Merriweather Dr
    Columbia MD
    IMG_0777 (resized).jpegIMG_0777 (resized).jpeg

#583 4 days ago

Duplicate post sorry

#584 4 days ago
    Quoted from AssaultSuit:

What time does each night start?

8pm. April 3 is week “0”, so more of a meet n greet, check the games out, etc. unofficial league night.

#591 25 hours ago

Official flyer for the game on Columbia Pinball league, week zero is April 3. Looks like Jaws premium will land in time for league!

IMG_0814 (resized).jpegIMG_0814 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club?tu=Guidotorpedo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.