(Topic ID: 290799)

Maryland/DC/Virginia location play club

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
    cry.gif
    20240324_143157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0777 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6260 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6240 (resized).jpeg
    428709949_7737261959631352_8790032972410988153_n (resized).jpg
    428711860_7737262342964647_4126148297391685099_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7240 (resized).jpeg
    20240217_131052 (resized).jpg
    8FDD392A-01B0-4693-8C87-66D5345B1D1E (resized).jpeg
    424996545_7591106630913553_6647479762011592236_n (resized).jpg
    425466392_7591106227580260_6047162460472531973_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_2633 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2630 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2629 (resized).jpeg

There are 591 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
    #1 3 years ago

The purpose of this club is to talk about location play in and around the Maryland, DC, and Virginia area, and to provide updates when new pinball machines are spotted on location in the area. There are some great locations in this area all local pinheads should know about.

I found out today that one of my favorite locations (which I will write about shortly) has doubled in size, and am assuming few others know. As such, I am creating this “Club” thread that I will slowly update with locations around the area and what I find in them as I hit up my favorite haunts slowly over the next few months. At a minimum I will try to do a video walkthrough and update the locations in the pinside database. Others feel free to update this thread with writeups, pictures, and walkthroughs of your favorite local public location and to notify this thread when you spot new pins on location.

Edit: Expanded club to include DC, Maryland, and Virginia.

#2 3 years ago

Spinners in Frederick Maryland: 40 games 50 arcade 15 1ups

So today I hit up Spinners in Frederick Maryland for the first time since COVID and was pleasantly surprised to see that they had expanded and more than doubled the number of pins they have. I just updated the pinside database for this location here https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11124-spinners-pinball-arcade-frederick-md and their website is here https://www.spinnerspinball.org/.

Here is a quick walkthrough.

And an addendum with the Arcade 1ups in the back.

It is all you can play with no time limit. $15 a person or $50 for a family. They are a non profit that teaches children about pinball (see their website). Adult and kid friendly (they do sell beer).

This place is awesome! The 40 pins consist of a handful of modern Sterns (Jurassic Park, Star Wars, GOTG, Avengers, Star Trek Premium), as well as games going back to E.M. and a wide variety of DMD and early solid state pins. Aside from the Sterns the other games of note were a Funhouse, Paragon, Black Hole, Pinbot, Torpedo Alley, and Hercules. There were also 2 virtual pins, many cocktail pins (although only 1 was working), racers (Daytona, SanFrancisco Rush 2049), many classic consoles, shooters (Deer hunter, time crises 4, big buck hunter, area 51), and many classic arcade games ranging from The Simpsons to Centipede. They had the 3d pong game, air hockey, fooseball, and 15+ Arcade 1ups with a variety of games.

When I went I took my 4,7, and 9 year old and everyone had a good time. My kids only left after 4 hours when everyone got hungry. The building is divided into 2 main rooms and a handful of smaller spots so you can generally tell your kids to stay in the same room as you and you can see them while you play or play whatever they want with them. Of note there were another 20 or 30 games in the back off the floor that were in various stages of restoration. A titles like Williams Indiana Jones as well as some random junky stuff.

I really like variety and was very happy to see a Black Hole, Paragon, and Torpedo Alley as I have been considering them as a next pin and really wanted to play one. The 2 virtual pins there reminded me why I don’t have one. They work perfectly and have a fantastic variety of games but it just doesn’t feel like real pinball.

As far as quality of machines on average goes, I would put them above Crabtowne USA but below VUK and MOMs Organic Market (the only thing I can compare it against). Out of 40 games I think I saw 2 credit dots, which is fantastic.

If you are only after the latest and greatest pins, there are a handful of modern sterns, but there are better options for that (VUK and MOMs). If you are interested in a solid and wide variety of games, this is the place to go and is number one for kids and arcades in my opinion.
    I solidly recommend Spinners. If you are coming from out of town there is a fantastic downtown and river walk park with lots of small shops and mom and pop restaurants. It is a bit of a drive for me but I absolutely will be returning to Spinners.
    I took a few photos as well but my camera does not play well in the dark.

#3 3 years ago

My camera doesn't take good photos in low light but...
    20210327_131158 (resized).jpg20210327_131158 (resized).jpg20210327_131641 (resized).jpg20210327_131641 (resized).jpg20210327_131647 (resized).jpg20210327_131647 (resized).jpg20210327_134917 (resized).jpg20210327_134917 (resized).jpg20210327_161429 (resized).jpg20210327_161429 (resized).jpg20210327_161748 (resized).jpg20210327_161748 (resized).jpg20210327_161803 (resized).jpg20210327_161803 (resized).jpg

20210327_161826 (resized).jpg20210327_161826 (resized).jpg20210327_161836 (resized).jpg20210327_161836 (resized).jpg20210327_161847 (resized).jpg20210327_161847 (resized).jpg20210327_161851 (resized).jpg20210327_161851 (resized).jpg20210327_161916 (resized).jpg20210327_161916 (resized).jpg20210327_161930 (resized).jpg20210327_161930 (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago

I do a lot of the service work for spinners. Joe and crew have done a miraculous job building that gameroom into what it is, especially while facing the business effects of covid. It’s a real treasure and it’s totally worth a trip out from Baltimore or dc, and a real group effort among people that genuinely care about coinop, and the pinball edu mission. Many of the video games you saw were just brought in from replay fx. I’m really proud to be a part of what happens there.

I also do the service for crabtowne. I noticed your comment about spinners condition (and other locations) vs crabtowne. Crabtowne has added 14 pins to their lineup in the last couple years. Many of the games there (big guns, pinbot, eight ball deluxe, and bally kiss(!)) have been there since they were new, and have never left the building. As such, they’ve seen various stages of neglect over the years, before Shannon and I took the service over, 4 years ago. Those games get the absolute snot played out of them! Before covid, the parking lot would be full, every night. With restrictions lifted, people are coming back, especially on weekends. The ghostbusters has over 40,000 plays, as an example.

It’s great to see this thread. Keep in mind, Maryland was a dry pinball state just 4-5 years ago.

Mike

#5 3 years ago

Was the Black Knight up and working at Spinners? I was there in February and it was the main machine I wanted to play, but it was down.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Was the Black Knight up and working at Spinners? I was there in February and it was the main machine I wanted to play, but it was down.

It is working as of thus past Wednesday, and is on the immediate list to be Led’d and cleaned up. Might have even been done this weekend.

Edit: black knight 2000, not the original

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I do a lot of the service work for spinners. Joe and crew have done a miraculous job building that gameroom into what it is, especially while facing the business effects of covid. It’s a real treasure and it’s totally worth a trip out from Baltimore or dc, and a real group effort among people that genuinely care about coinop, and the pinball edu mission. Many of the video games you saw were just brought in from replay fx. I’m really proud to be a part of what happens there.
    I also do the service for crabtowne. I noticed your comment about spinners condition (and other locations) vs crabtowne. Crabtowne has added 14 pins to their lineup in the last couple years. Many of the games there (big guns, pinbot, eight ball deluxe, and bally kiss(!)) have been there since they were new, and have never left the building. As such, they’ve seen various stages of neglect over the years, before Shannon and I took the service over, 4 years ago. Those games get the absolute snot played out of them! Before covid, the parking lot would be full, every night. With restrictions lifted, people are coming back, especially on weekends. The ghostbusters has over 40,000 plays, as an example.
    It’s great to see this thread. Keep in mind, Maryland was a dry pinball state just 4-5 years ago.
    Mike

I love Crabtowne and that is my "Home" location. It is literally between home and work for me and got me into pinball as an adult. That "retro arcade inside" sign out the outside of their building is what put my down the rabbit hole. I plan on joining their league after I'm done with school again. The machines in there are well loved and I have no issues with them. No disrespect meant on condition comments. Only mentioned as I know some people are picky. Thank you for keeping them up and running. I'll do a write up on them next time I swing by.

Also, as you are more familiar with their EDU mission, can you let us know how that works? Are those pins on loan from local pinball people or are they owned by a non-profit?

Quoted from DanMarino:

I played the Black Knight 2000 there. It was on the floor and working as of 3/27. There is also one available to play at Crabtowne USA. I did not see a Black Knight (1980) on the floor but have one in my basement if you'd like to try one out.

Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

It is working as of thus past Wednesday, and is on the immediate list to be Led’d and cleaned up. Might have even been done this weekend.

It was there... it was on the floor, and it was wonderful.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The machines in there are well loved and I have no issues with them. No disrespect meant on condition comments. Only mentioned as I know some people are picky. Thank you for keeping them up and running. I'll do a write up on them next time I swing by.
    Also, as you are more familiar with their EDU mission, can you let us know how that works? Are those pins on loan from local pinball people or are they owned by a non-profit?

No, no offense taken! I just wanted to provide a backstory on the games, as some of them cosmetically are obviously a little rough. We try to keep them in tournament playable condition, as we do have a bi-annual tournament that we host there (when covid isn’t happening), and we have groups of players that play on Monday and Tuesday night. Many of the system 11 games have Soren’s code in them to balance out the advantages.... you’ll notice for example that pool sharks you can only play 9 ball, and rollergames has virtual locks in a multiplayer game with no sudden death. Pinbot, high speed, and big guns also have Soren’s chips in them to balance the progressive jackpots.

You’ll have to get more details from Joe, but many of the games at spinners are either donated or on loan. As I said, it’s really a communal effort. Many folks have a hand in making spinners great.

Pinball edu’s mission is to educate kids with certain disabilities by using pinball as a tool to teach. Again, the parenthesis (when covid isn’t happening), they have groups of kids from schools, clubs, hospitals come through and learn about things like how a game works, how to play etc. The interaction with some of these games has helped kids with autism and similar characteristics, as well as helped caregivers understand more. It’s a very unique concept.

#9 3 years ago

https://pinballmap.com/

http://twitter.com/fspapinball

Casey is currently running his weekly events at Moms and crabtowne - https://www.ufcponline.com/

Solace Brewing in dulles is starting a weekly league starting april 11

Wick is running a series of events between the Mustang Sally Brewing and Carpool locations over the coming weeks.

Date Location
    Thursday March 25th Carpool Bar
    Saturday March 27th Mustang Sally
    Thursday April 8th Carpool Bar
    Thursday April 15th Mustang Sally
    Saturday April 24th Mustang Sally
    Thursday April 29th Carpool Bar
    Finals TBD

Mustang Sally has recently boosted the games on site to 12-13 games if i recall.

There will be more locations returning soon as well.

#10 3 years ago

Most location pinball in the area (where there is more than the single game out there) is operated by people from the hobby so game conditions tend to be on the better side for location pinball.

#11 3 years ago

If someone does not like the games at Crabrtowne they have no soul and should probably go back to polishing a new machine with a diaper to avoid having to see any evidence of pinball being played.

#12 3 years ago

Following this thread as I’m only a short ride to the PA Maryland border and have wanted to come down that way to play some pins. Many many years ago my brother and I used to go to Crabtowne so I’m familiar with their layout and always enjoyed it there. MOM’s is definitely on my list to go to as I prefer a larger selection of the newer pins like they have. Question from the first post in here where and what is the VUK place at? Wasn’t sure what that stood for. I’m always open to checking pin places out. Thanks.

#13 3 years ago

VUK
    https://pinballmap.com/dc/?by_location_id=6827

Word is that it will be closing in a couple months.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from bghenson23:

Word is that it will be closing in a couple months.

That is horrible news.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

https://pinballmap.com/
    http://twitter.com/fspapinball
    Casey is currently running his weekly events at Moms and crabtowne - https://www.ufcponline.com/
    Solace Brewing in dulles is starting a weekly league starting april 11
    Wick is running a series of events between the Mustang Sally Brewing and Carpool locations over the coming weeks.
    Date Location
    Thursday March 25th Carpool Bar
    Saturday March 27th Mustang Sally
    Thursday April 8th Carpool Bar
    Thursday April 15th Mustang Sally
    Saturday April 24th Mustang Sally
    Thursday April 29th Carpool Bar
    Finals TBD
    Mustang Sally has recently boosted the games on site to 12-13 games if i recall.
    There will be more locations returning soon as well.

This is exactly why I started this thread. I had no idea there was another place in NOVA with 10+ pins. It is an hour drive for me, but I drop off my father in law down there once a month or so not too far away and look forward to trying the place out. I updated the pinside map with the game list from the link you sent and it is available here. https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10666-mustang-sally-brewing-company-chantilly-va There are a handful of games there I have never tried including Evel Knievel, Stargate, Oktoberfest, and Embryon, as well as a few great pins I love like Iron Maiden and Tron. I have been debating switching out my Dredd for a Demoman and they have the only one around. The pinside map had last been updated in 2019 when Jackbot was their best game…

Quoted from Deyanks98:

Following this thread as I’m only a short ride to the PA Maryland border and have wanted to come down that way to play some pins. Many many years ago my brother and I used to go to Crabtowne so I’m familiar with their layout and always enjoyed it there. MOM’s is definitely on my list to go to as I prefer a larger selection of the newer pins like they have. Question from the first post in here where and what is the VUK place at? Wasn’t sure what that stood for. I’m always open to checking pin places out. Thanks.

VUK is an awesome pinball place in Bethesda. I updated the pinside map location details to the best of my memory (what was there 2 weeks ago) and a full game list is available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9002-vuk-bethesda-md
    They are a Pizza place in Bethesda with about a dozen pins that rotate. Most are newer Sterns, with the exception of one E.M (Hot TIP) and 1 early Solid State (Flash Gordon). They also have a few multicades in the back. Kid friendly during the day, they serve pizza and beer. I’ll try and do a better write up and post some photos next time I visit. If your priority is newer pins, this place is a good bet as they have been the first in the area (that I know of) to get many of the newer Sterns.

#16 3 years ago

Thanks for starting this thread, and nice write-up on VUK. Just FYI, the guy who owns VUK also owns Mom’s Organic Market/Pinball. When games leave VUK they often end up at Mom’s. I can walk to VUK from my house, so I’d be crushed if it closes.

#17 3 years ago

Little Farther out and only two games but if you are in the Winchester, VA area the Winchester Mall (Apple Blossom) game room just added these two pinball machines when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

20210227_173816 (resized).jpg20210227_173816 (resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago

This is exactly why I started this thread. I had no idea there was another place in NOVA with 10+ pins. It is an hour drive for me, but I drop off my father in law down there once a month or so not too far away and look forward to trying the place out. I updated the pinside map with the game list from the link you sent and it is available here. https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10666-mustang-sally-brewing-company-chantilly-va There are a handful of games there I have never tried including Evel Knievel, Stargate, Oktoberfest, and Embryon, as well as a few great pins I love like Iron Maiden and Tron. I have been debating switching out my Dredd for a Demoman and they have the only one around. The pinside map had last been updated in 2019 when Jackbot was their best game…

VUK is an awesome pinball place in Bethesda. I updated the pinside map location details to the best of my memory (what was there 2 weeks ago) and a full game list is available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9002-vuk-bethesda-md
    They are a Pizza place in Bethesda with about a dozen pins that rotate. Most are newer Sterns, with the exception of one E.M (Hot TIP) and 1 early Solid State (Flash Gordon). They also have a few multicades in the back. Kid friendly during the day, they serve pizza and beer. I’ll try and do a better write up and post some photos next time I visit. If your priority is newer pins, this place is a good bet as they have been the first in the area (that I know of) to get many of the newer Sterns.

Thanks there about an hour and forty minutes from me and MOM's is just slightly closer, but definitely interested in both places. Always good to have options.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks for starting this thread, and nice write-up on VUK. Just FYI, the guy who owns VUK also owns Mom’s Organic Market/Pinball. When games leave VUK they often end up at Mom’s. I can walk to VUK from my house, so I’d be crushed if it closes.

VUK is not closing due to lack of business, it is closing because the building is going to be destroyed along with the neighboring buildings for a new high rise. It sucks. VUK makes the best pizza in the area by far.

1 week later
    #20 2 years ago

Crabtowne USA: 1500 Crain Hwy S, Glen Burnie, MD 21061… about half way between Baltimore and D.C..

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/1526-crabtowne-usa-glen-burnie-md#gameslist
    http://www.crab-towne.com/

Walkthrough as of 4/9/2011

I owe Crabtowne, or Crabtowne owes me as their “Classic Arcade Inside” sign is what got me on the road back to modern pinball.
    Crabtowne USA is my “local” pinball place and is inbetween work and home for me, so I may or may not stop by there on the way home sometimes when I’m “running late”. Crabtown has about 40 pins, and has a very nice mix between 80s, 90s, and modern Sterns along with a wide collection of arcade games (80ish?). Crabtowne USA is very kid friendly, and my kids absolutely love the place. They have excellent seafood, including oysters, all you can eat blue crabs, fried shrimp, and a kids menu with basic stuff like mac n’ cheese and hamburgers “most” kids will eat. The games here are generally $.25 for the 80s games and arcade games, $.50 for the 90s DMD games, and $.75 for the modern Sterns. I’m not a great player but $5 will generally last me about an hour.

My personal favorite games there are the Black Knight 2000, Pinbot, Deadpool, and 8 Ball Deluxe. As I understand it, most of the games have been in that arcade since new, so that Kiss machine has been taking quarters since the 1970s. The older games generally have some wear, but much of that is due to just plain old being loved, not neglect. On average about 1 or 2 of the 40ish pins will be out when I go, but they do a good job of getting them back up quickly. New and old games do rotate here, but I see a pin change every 4 months or so. I know they have leagues and tournaments on location here, but I haven’t gotten to check them out just yet. I plan on joining up in the fall after I’m done with school again.

As a grown man, I still go to Crabtowne for my Birthday dinner as I really like their food (fried shrimp) and I really like their arcade games. I think it has the best collection of system 11(ish) games around and I can go without feeling like I’m punishing my kids. 10/10 would recommend. If you are within an hour and have never been it has my strongest endorsement, and you can get away with bringing your family to this one.

Pictures are from last year.
    0524e294f3fae1e1823754c0f709e4d0b029766f (resized).jpg0524e294f3fae1e1823754c0f709e4d0b029766f (resized).jpg4adbc891782becbec1ad37f81e06a12095afd868 (resized).jpg4adbc891782becbec1ad37f81e06a12095afd868 (resized).jpg9e8901e50601867957fb7c1ff36c44be5a374a71 (resized).jpg9e8901e50601867957fb7c1ff36c44be5a374a71 (resized).jpga8c319a4359e1cd7683069f757571e4a978e7c25 (resized).jpga8c319a4359e1cd7683069f757571e4a978e7c25 (resized).jpgupdated_sign (resized).jpegupdated_sign (resized).jpeg

3552a611c50d55157a29a058f99584720d56b674 (resized).jpg3552a611c50d55157a29a058f99584720d56b674 (resized).jpg
    #21 2 years ago

I updated the pinside map with the game list from the link you sent and it is available here

Thx... most of us in the area don't use pinside for locating games.. I don't think the ops use that regularly. Most keep pinmap up to date (and the fspa twitter tweets about local changes too)

#22 2 years ago

I hate to be the one to stretch the thread already as I love the idea of helping locate pins in the Mid-Atlantic region but how about Flippers in Grandy, NC about 50 miles south of Virginia Beach. It’s an amazing place with about 50 pins ranging from EMs to rare titles to the newest Stern and JJPs. They also have a lot of new Raw Thrills type games and redemption games to keep the kids busy if pinball isn’t their thing...does that even happen?!....it’s always super clean, never crowded, and they have a pay by the hour or all day system now that’s super cheap considering how much pinball you could get in for the price! It’s definitely worth the drive if you’re ever down this way.

09980559-AE80-4D8D-9A15-7EC4DD113029 (resized).jpeg09980559-AE80-4D8D-9A15-7EC4DD113029 (resized).jpeg3107DDD8-C75D-41BA-B4E8-A2A10C3FB846 (resized).jpeg3107DDD8-C75D-41BA-B4E8-A2A10C3FB846 (resized).jpeg68DE32D4-A1B8-418E-B15C-16D693963E68 (resized).jpeg68DE32D4-A1B8-418E-B15C-16D693963E68 (resized).jpeg6E6BDD04-A249-4ABC-9880-0D40D2754D7F (resized).jpeg6E6BDD04-A249-4ABC-9880-0D40D2754D7F (resized).jpegD63CE775-921A-413F-B80A-0DACC0485C20 (resized).jpegD63CE775-921A-413F-B80A-0DACC0485C20 (resized).jpegEBD206BB-016D-44A0-B467-F9A8B927CC31 (resized).jpegEBD206BB-016D-44A0-B467-F9A8B927CC31 (resized).jpeg
    #23 2 years ago

My favorite place to play pinball is MoMs Organic Market in College Park, MD. Just off Rt 1 (South of 495 beltway). Address: 9801 Rhode Island Ave, College Park, MD 20740. A good mix of New and old pinball. Very well maintained too. I have chatted with the pinball mechanic several times and he is very good at keeping the place running. There is even a weekly Tuesday nite pod cast from there, from Jose and Stephanie. oneipodonepinball pm ThePinballNetwork TPN. https://www.facebook.com/oneipodonepinball/videos/ My blurry phone photos. My favorites there are: Led Zepplin Pro, Elvira, Medieval Madness, Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Creature from Black Lagoon, AC/DC, Hobbit, Avengers and many more older titles.

116764247_3509219102435680_3358956281321852712_n (resized).jpg116764247_3509219102435680_3358956281321852712_n (resized).jpg117111698_3509218982435692_9204740104917133091_n (resized).jpg117111698_3509218982435692_9204740104917133091_n (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #24 2 years ago

Vuk Pinball in Bethesda Maryland

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9002-vuk-bethesda-md
    https://www.facebook.com/vukpinball/

13 machines, mostly newer Stern Pros and Premiums, all in perfect working order.

Vuk pinball is a small pizza joint/pinball place in Bethesda Maryland. They have 13 pins, 11 of which are Stern Pros and Premiums. They have often been the first in the area (I have visited) to get a new pin. They had the first Black Knight, Jurassic Park, and TMNT I saw. Of all the machines in here, their Flash Gordon is my favorite (It is brutal and fast). All games are $.50 except the E.M. in the back (Hot Tip), which is $.25. They have great pizza and beer available. They also have 2 multicades for those so inclined in the back. I know pinball leagues are done here and have attached a photo of the flier on the wall for those inclined.

There is a pay parking garage right across the street that is free on the weekends.

For those of you adventurous folks, there are some cool indian, korean, ethiopian as well as a host of other restaraunts a short walking distance away. For those of you with kids Big Planet comics is a 2 minute walk away (although curb side pickup only during COVID) and there is a stamp/coin store down the street if that is your thing.

If you like modern Sterns and pizza this is the place to be.

20210424_155806 (resized).jpg20210424_155806 (resized).jpg20210424_155809 (resized).jpg20210424_155809 (resized).jpg20210424_155811 (resized).jpg20210424_155811 (resized).jpg20210424_155814 (resized).jpg20210424_155814 (resized).jpg20210424_172038 (resized).jpg20210424_172038 (resized).jpg

#25 2 years ago

Vuk Pinball in Bethesda Maryland

Agreed, great pizza, nice games.

Same ownership as MOM in College Park.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pizzaman13:Agreed, great pizza, nice games.
    Same ownership as MOM in College Park.

VUK pizza is closest to NYC style as I've found in the area, really great stuff and it's available by the slice, which is perfect to stop in, grab a bite and play some pinball. Rumor is it's going to close soon, lease ended in March and I believe it's now month to month. As mentioned above, building is to demolished for a new structure. Hopefully most of the machines end up at MOMs when it closes, as that's my primary playing location. I will miss the pizza when it's gone

#27 2 years ago

Great thread. I goto Crabtowne in the warmer months as it’s about 15 minutes from the in-laws house. We’re up there often in the summer.

#28 2 years ago

Mustang Sally in Chantilly Virginia
    11 pins with a mix of early Solid State up to Modern Stern. Very good beer. Surprisingly kid friendly during the day. For those of you with kids there is a mini golf place 3 minutes away. No food, but there is a good Korean place nearby. One multicade.

Games were all in decent to good condition, with the only obvious thing wrong I saw being the sunglasses hiding Red’s non-working eyes in roadshow and some cryoclaw issues on Demo man. Games were $.50 to $1.00 for Octoberfest.

I got to play Evil Knievel, Embryon, Stargate, and Octoberfest here for the first time. Most games here were not AAA titles, but it is the only place around to play a few of the titles.
    If you are local I am pretty sure they do tournaments here as well, but will leave it for others to fill us in on that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10666-mustang-sally-brewing-company-chantilly-va

Thanks to #flynnibus for pointing this out earlier in the thread. I did not know this place existed and it’s 20 minutes away from my in laws.
    20210425_164340 (resized).jpg20210425_164340 (resized).jpg20210425_164344 (resized).jpg20210425_164344 (resized).jpg20210425_164346 (resized).jpg20210425_164346 (resized).jpg20210425_164348 (resized).jpg20210425_164348 (resized).jpg

#29 2 years ago

From Facebook: Nooooo!!!!

News: VUK's last day open is Sunday, May 16th. Our 5 year lease ends- and the bulldozers are coming to make way for a high rise apartment building. Our Cylon, pizza recipes, autographed Slayer setlist, Warriors poster, LOTR sword, various skulls, etc. will lay dormant in storage until further notice. Games will be disbursed to MOM's College Park & MOM's Abington, PA. It has been a pleasure- a wonderful experiment- and we'll post a farewell message here later...

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

News: VUK's last day open is Sunday, May 16th. Our 5 year lease ends- and the bulldozers are coming to make way for a high rise apartment building. Our Cylon, pizza recipes, autographed Slayer setlist, Warriors poster, LOTR sword, various skulls, etc. will lay dormant in storage until further notice. Games will be disbursed to MOM's College Park & MOM's Abington, PA. It has been a pleasure- a wonderful experiment- and we'll post a farewell message here later...

As sad as this is, to read another pinball location closing. I am happy to read that some of the machines will be coming to MOMs in College Park. My favorite close pinball place.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

News: VUK's last day open is Sunday, May 16th.

I gave a thumbs up only to say thanks for the information on the close date. I am sorry I can't make it there but I have a friend that I have updated as he likes to play the latest games there to decide what to buy which I help him with. BEST OF LUCK and I hope you make a new location as all of the feedback I have gotten is VERY Positive

#32 2 years ago

Sad to see VUK go, their pizza was as good as their pinball.

Now I can start speculating about which machines go to College Park MOM's vs the PA location. I'd almost guarantee that VUK's AFM will reappear at College Park as I believe the PA location got the AFM that was there a while ago. Other than that, I can only hope that my favorites will go to College Park MOMs, as that's where I play most often.

#33 2 years ago

I don't see Carpool Bar listed here. It's located off Fair Lakes Parkway in Fairfax. We've been running a Tuesday league with around 50 people there for about 3 years. We've had as many as 13 games in there. https://pinballmap.com/map?utf8=%E2%9C%93&address=fairfax%2C+va

Half the games there are mine and half the games at Mustang Sally are mine. Well, were. I'm leaving the area and Carpool is closing so the Mustang Sally lineup is going to change a bit as Road Show, Ghostbusters, Tron, & Embryon are leaving on Thursday. Sorry.

It was a great run though!

#34 2 years ago

Vuk was an awesome spot.

Go to the Richmond Pinball Collective.

Dawnstar (RVA) just opened an arcade with about 10 pins and 10 or so arcades. Choice titles.

Don't ever go to the circuit (RVA).

2 weeks later
    #35 2 years ago

New Pin Spotted in the wild at Spinners in Frederick Maryland! (See post #2 for initial writeup).

Goldeneye007. Had never seen or played one before and this is the only one open to the public in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, or DC. Honestly surprised me as I was not expecting what I will call the "satellite shot". What a cool effect.

They were actually semi busy Sunday (maybe 30 people), but no lines for the pins. A few games have disappeared in the past few months (no more Tron, Circus, or working cocktail games) but there were a few new arcades sprinkled in. My kids really dug the new 4 way air hockey table.

Every time I come here I like Steve Ritchie Games more, and want to walk home with a solar city or other EM (that ones fun!)

My young kids (4-9) lasted 4 hours without complaining. Worth checking out the place and if you are from out of town and bringing little ones I'd also solidly recommend the used book store Wonderbooks and the moutain view diner in the book store's parking lot.

20210516_133635 (resized).jpg20210516_133635 (resized).jpg
    #36 2 years ago

Pins are back at Ocelet Brewing in Dulles, VA!

Currently sporting...

Twilight Zone
    Guns n Roses Standard
    Led Zep Pro
    Avengers Infinity Quest Pro
    Stranger Things Pro (w/ UV kit!)
    Star Wars Comic Edition Pro
    AC/DC Premium
    Monster Bash SE
    Centaur II
    Super Mario Bros

#37 2 years ago

New Pin Spotted in the wild at Spinners in Frederick Maryland! (See post #2 for initial writeup).
    Goldeneye007. Had never seen or played one before and this is the only one open to the public in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, or DC. Honestly surprised me as I was not expecting what I will call the "satellite shot". What a cool effect.
    They were actually semi busy Sunday (maybe 30 people), but no lines for the pins. A few games have disappeared in the past few months (no more Tron, Circus, or working cocktail games) but there were a few new arcades sprinkled in. My kids really dug the new 4 way air hockey table.
    Every time I come here I like Steve Ritchie Games more, and want to walk home with a solar city or other EM (that ones fun!)
    My young kids (4-9) lasted 4 hours without complaining. Worth checking out the place and if you are from out of town and bringing little ones I'd also solidly recommend the used book store Wonderbooks and the moutain view diner in the book store's parking lot.
    [quoted image]

RPC has goldeneye that used to be at Center of the Universe.

#38 2 years ago

FSPA leagues are starting up again in the coming weeks... first to announce is the league at Mom's in college park

http://fspazone.org/2021/05/17/the-return-of-fspa-league-at-moms-college-park/

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

RPC has goldeneye that used to be at Center of the Universe.

What/where is RPC?

#40 2 years ago

Richmond Pinball Collective. Additionally, we are no longer requiring scheduling to come. Masks are also no longer required for vaccinated folks. We usually have about 30 games. It's a nice mix of games from the 60's to current.

#41 2 years ago

Mom's Organic has posted dates for summer league
    Ocelot Brewing has posted dates for summer league
    Lost Rhino Brewing dates should be ready really soon now...

Oh and if you want to be one of the first to play Stern's latest, The Mandalorian... keep an eye on the FSPA feeds.. you'll see when it hits and I bet you'll find it way sooner than you think! https://www.facebook.com/fspazone https://twitter.com/fspapinball

#42 2 years ago

Hit Ocelot this afternoon. Good beer, pins, and tons of GD music.

20210520_133806 (resized).jpg20210520_133806 (resized).jpg20210520_134120 (resized).jpg20210520_134120 (resized).jpg20210520_134200 (resized).jpg20210520_134200 (resized).jpg20210520_134203 (resized).jpg20210520_134203 (resized).jpg20210520_134319 (resized).jpg20210520_134319 (resized).jpg
    #43 2 years ago

Wow, nice lineup!

#44 2 years ago

I have a warehouse with 16 pins if anyone wants to swing by.

Richmond VA

Scott Hudson
    804-5I3-7I53

#45 2 years ago

Awesome guy/collector with amazing games!! If in the area don’t hesitate to stop by!!

Quoted from turbo2nr:

I have a warehouse with 16 pins if anyone wants to swing by.
    Richmond VA
    Scott Hudson
    804-5I3-7I53

#46 2 years ago

#47 2 years ago

My games are back up at Center of the Universe brewery in Ashland, VA!

Stranger Things Pro, Star Wars Premium, Hook, Black Knight Sword of Rage Pro, Cyclone, Aerosmith Pro, and Bally Viking!

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Hit Ocelot this afternoon. Good beer, pins, and tons of GD music.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. I got to swing by Ocelot this weekend after dropping elderly in laws off in the area. They have expanded since I was there last year. They were actually pretty busy and family friendly when I was there. A few dogs inside and a baby changing table in the bathroom somehow. Centaur and Mario brothers were down hard (darn), but the other games were fully functional.

I got to play a Guns N Roses SE which alone was worth the trip. The Stranger things Pro had the U.V. kit, which was admittedly cool, and the Demogorgon shot was tuned in great. Finally, it is the only spot I've seen a Star Wars Comic Pro on location.

All in all, if you are in NOVA it is totally worth a trip.

1 week later
    #49 2 years ago

Centaur II is repaired at Ocelot as of last weekend I think it was... Mario is up as well.

And joining the line just today... HOTWHEELS!
    image_from_ios.jpgimage_from_ios.jpg
    First one on location in the area I am aware of?

Also, Mandalorian will be here VERY VERY soon

League starts up on Monday night as well if anyone is interested! https://fspazone.org

#50 2 years ago

Hit MOMs today.

20210612_114357 (resized).jpg20210612_114357 (resized).jpg
    There are 591 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club?hl=vabeachrunner4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.