Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 611 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1068 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1069 (resized).jpeg
    John-Breen-2024-Poster (resized).jpg
    IMG_0924 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0923 (resized).jpeg
    20240407_164114 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165248 (resized).jpg
    20240407_165853 (resized).jpg
    20240407_170806 (resized).jpg
    20240407_172140 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174549 (resized).jpg
    20240407_174127 (resized).jpg
    20240407_181157 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175214 (resized).jpg
    20240407_175222 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0894 (resized).jpeg
    There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
    #251 1 year ago

Unfortunately, there isn't a FSPA league closer to you. Crabtowne used to have a league, but I'm not aware that they have restarted it or that it was earlier in the evening. Holy Frijoles (Baltimore) has a pinball league I believe, but I don't know the details and obviously that isn't super close either - there is a Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921762388149759/?_rdr if you want to inquire about details.

#252 1 year ago

Crabtowne in Glen Burnie has weekly tournaments on Tuesdays at 8, but I don’t know if that’s any closer to you, and obviously no earlier.

Most leagues are scheduled to let folks finish their work day, get a bite to eat, then go to league. FSPA previously had a Sunday afternoon league at the former VÜK location in Bethesda, but sadly that place no longer exists.

(Edit: sorry for more or less duplicating @bghenson23’s post, I missed the “next page” link… noob mistake )

#253 1 year ago

We put the concept of league vs weekly tourneys to a vote on Facebook, and the majority voted to keep a weekly tourney at crabtowne. It works because folks can join a league anywhere, but if they want to earn some quick IFPA points, they come to crabtowne. Right now we are getting 30-40 people every Tuesday night.

I haven’t talked to anyone about it yet, but I’d love for someone to run a Monday night league at crabtowne. I can help set it up but I can’t run it. Could be fspa sanctioned or someone could use our tourney template (in the past leagues, crabtowne hasn’t been fspa run). There’s definitely a demand for it and it would take a little craziness out of Tuesday.

Mike

Quoted from bghenson23:

Unfortunately, there isn't a FSPA league closer to you. Crabtowne used to have a league, but I'm not aware that they have restarted it or that it was earlier in the evening. Holy Frijoles (Baltimore) has a pinball league I believe, but I don't know the details and obviously that isn't super close either - there is a Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921762388149759/?_rdr if you want to inquire about details.

#254 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ferret:

Crabtowne in Glen Burnie has weekly tournaments on Tuesdays at 8, but I don’t know if that’s any closer to you, and obviously no earlier.
    Most leagues are scheduled to let folks finish their work day, get a bite to eat, then go to league. FSPA previously had a Sunday afternoon league at the former VÜK location in Bethesda, but sadly that place no longer exists.
    (Edit: sorry for more or less duplicating bghenson23’s post, I missed the “next page” link… noob mistake )

Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

We put the concept of league vs weekly tourneys to a vote on Facebook, and the majority voted to keep a weekly tourney at crabtowne. It works because folks can join a league anywhere, but if they want to earn some quick IFPA points, they come to crabtowne. Right now we are getting 30-40 people every Tuesday night.
    I haven’t talked to anyone about it yet, but I’d love for someone to run a Monday night league at crabtowne. I can help set it up but I can’t run it. Could be fspa sanctioned or someone could use our tourney template (in the past leagues, crabtowne hasn’t been fspa run). There’s definitely a demand for it and it would take a little craziness out of Tuesday.
    Mike

How late do the tournaments usually go at crabtown?

#255 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How late do the tournaments usually go at crabtown?

Starts Tuesday night 8 sharp. Ends at 11. 4 strikes, head to head.... we go to three strikes if we get more than 34 people.

#256 1 year ago

Went to holy frijoles over the weekend
    Finally got to play a Godzilla premium and use insider connected ... either this game is super easy or they reset their high scores becuase on my first 2 games I got grand champion and high score 1

....... side note - Guidotorpedo can you let them know it would be nice if they cleaned the pinball glass daily (or at least weekly)
    & munsters had insider connected but was not online

#257 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ferret:

(Edit: sorry for more or less duplicating bghenson23’s post, I missed the “next page” link… noob mistake )

Starts Tuesday night 8 sharp. Ends at 11. 4 strikes, head to head.... we go to three strikes if we get more than 34 people.

Screw it. I'm gonna try this out. Will be at Crabtown tonight to try my luck. May or may not try Mom's tomorrow. Crabtown is between home and work. Having the option to miss weeks with kids activities is a huge plus.

#258 1 year ago

Screw it. I'm gonna try this out. Will be at Crabtown tonight to try my luck. May or may not try Mom's tomorrow. Crabtown is between home and work. Having the option to miss weeks with kids activities is a huge plus.

Crabtowne tuesdays are a great time, good people and a fun format. I make it there about every other week. The tourney format works really well for those of us who can't commit to a weekly league. Good luck tonight!

#259 1 year ago

With the FSPA leagues there are options to miss nights by either preplays or dropping of scores. So most end up being a 8 out of 10 week commitment.

#260 1 year ago

Tuesday Crabtowne Pinball Tournaments: You should go, and what to expect. (Glen Burnie Maryland)

So, I tried out the weekly Crabtowne Pinball tournament yesterday and it was an awesome experience I would highly recommend. They do a pinball tournament every Tuesday starting at 8 o’clock. http://www.crab-towne.com/ Signing up was easy and simple. Just show up to the arcade, and at about 7:45 someone with a microphone and a computer will be in the center of the room to register people. All they need is a name… and $6. $5 of the $6 goes to a prize pool, with the rest going to the IFPA. They do either a 3 strike or a 4 strike tournament depending on how many people are there, and the games start promptly at 8. You are matched up against other players and play 1v1 games, and every time you lose you get “a strike”. 3 strikes (or 4 depending on how many people are there) and you are out. Everyone plays a 1v1 game in round 1, then they announce the winners and everyone does a 1v1 game in round 2. After round 3 the first people start to be knocked out. They try and pair you up against people of your same skill level as the evening progresses.

As people are knocked out, the people left are better and better. In my first few games I played against some good players and some players that were hitting both flippers at the same time. Everyone I played, regardless of skill level was having fun. The last few games I played people really knew what they were doing. I didn’t win, but was in the top 6. They had a cool website you could use to track your progress and report results that was completely optional. I ended up knocked out about 1030.

The crowd here was very different than the one other pinball tournament I played (Allentown). People here were mostly casuals, slightly inebriated, there to have fun. There were a few people that seemed really competitive, but it was a good excuse to drink and hang out for most folks. If you are non-committal on joining a league or trying out a tournament, this is a great one to try out. I would say 10% of people there were ultra competitive, 10% were on a lady’s night out doing something different, and 80% of people were there just to play pinball and drink with friends.

I may or may not try out the FSPA Mom’s league. I can’t do both it and Crabtowne (I do want to see my kids) but could see being a regular at either. I'll probably give it a season and then do one or the other.

Thanks to the folks who organize and put stuff like this on!

#261 1 year ago

Along with Wednesday league at MOMs, they also run a similar setup on Fridays where there is a weekly format. Specifics of the format change every week to help keep it fresh, i.e. first friday of a month is head to head matchplay (swiss pairing), 2nd is strike out, 3rd is group matchplay, 4th is head to head matchplay (balanced pairing) and on the oddball 5th friday of a month they do a flip frenzy. Feel free to check that out too! 7:30pm registration, 8pm kick off, and regardless of format we are done drawing rounds no later than 10:45pm.

#262 1 year ago

I missed a doozie at crabtowne Tuesday night.... they had 41 people. Pretty good turnout, lots of cash and wppr points. Might start doing bounties again on Tuesday nights too, where the person who knocks out the previous weeks winner gets a cash bonus. Fun times!

Mike

Tuesday Crabtowne Pinball Tournaments: You should go, and what to expect. (Glen Burnie Maryland)
    So, I tried out the weekly Crabtowne Pinball tournament yesterday and it was an awesome experience I would highly recommend. They do a pinball tournament every Tuesday starting at 8 o’clock. http://www.crab-towne.com/ Signing up was easy and simple. Just show up to the arcade, and at about 7:45 someone with a microphone and a computer will be in the center of the room to register people. All they need is a name… and $6. $5 of the $6 goes to a prize pool, with the rest going to the IFPA. They do either a 3 strike or a 4 strike tournament depending on how many people are there, and the games start promptly at 8. You are matched up against other players and play 1v1 games, and every time you lose you get “a strike”. 3 strikes (or 4 depending on how many people are there) and you are out. Everyone plays a 1v1 game in round 1, then they announce the winners and everyone does a 1v1 game in round 2. After round 3 the first people start to be knocked out. They try and pair you up against people of your same skill level as the evening progresses.
    As people are knocked out, the people left are better and better. In my first few games I played against some good players and some players that were hitting both flippers at the same time. Everyone I played, regardless of skill level was having fun. The last few games I played people really knew what they were doing. I didn’t win, but was in the top 6. They had a cool website you could use to track your progress and report results that was completely optional. I ended up knocked out about 1030.
    The crowd here was very different than the one other pinball tournament I played (Allentown). People here were mostly casuals, slightly inebriated, there to have fun. There were a few people that seemed really competitive, but it was a good excuse to drink and hang out for most folks. If you are non-committal on joining a league or trying out a tournament, this is a great one to try out. I would say 10% of people there were ultra competitive, 10% were on a lady’s night out doing something different, and 80% of people were there just to play pinball and drink with friends.
    I may or may not try out the FSPA Mom’s league. I can’t do both it and Crabtowne (I do want to see my kids) but could see being a regular at either. I'll probably give it a season and then do one or the other.
    Thanks to the folks who organize and put stuff like this on!

#263 1 year ago

I missed a doozie at crabtowne Tuesday night.... they had 41 people. Pretty good turnout, lots of cash and wppr points. Might start doing bounties again on Tuesday nights too, where the person who knocks out the previous weeks winner gets a cash bonus. Fun times!
    Mike

The public demands Summer Slam, or Bushel Bash, or both!

#264 1 year ago

Free State Pinball Association Leagues (FSPAs): What to expect and why you should go.

Finally got to join a formal pinball league with the FSPA down at Mom’s Organic Market in College Park MD. It was fun, and very fair. I signed up for the summer league… $40 for 10 weeks, with playoffs at the end. Each week at 7:15, everyone meets at Mom’s and are broken into groups of 3 or 4 for the first week (my group had 3). Each week you play four games with other people in your group (bracket). There is a scoring system with points awarded based off of getting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (with some fancy math to make it more fun) in your bracket for a specific game. There were six brackets. At the end of each week the person with the most points in their bracket advances to the next bracket, the one in the middle stays in their bracket, and the one with the least points gets bumped down a bracket. In this way, people are shuffled between brackets until they are in a group close to their skill level.

I thought this was a fun and fair method of doing things and I am looking forward to next week. As a complete noob to this my base observations are that this particular setup is more conducive to socializing than a match strike tournament (like at Crabtown). Since there are 3 or 4 people in each group you can talk to the other person while you are waiting for your turn, get tips, and generally talk each other through what you are doing in the game (when its not your turn to flip). The downside to this is that we only played four games of pinball, and there is no beer.

The other thing that was interesting to me was that there was a much smaller bank of games (11) out of the 40 or so machines there. I have had or had buddies who had about ½ the machines and got to put a ton of time on them, but of course for my first meet I got games I am not super familiar with. Little Chief was easy to learn and I rocked it, but I’ve maybe played 5 games of JJP POTC in my life and I got stomped. With a smaller game bank like this it makes sense to be able to come back and practice on your weaker games as opposed to the match tournaments at Crabtowne where you are randomly put onto one of 40 machines (darn you strikes and spares!). I am guessing my success or failure will be based on which machine I am put on, not my innate skill. Gotta study up and learn the rules of everything!

I personally will be finishing out this season but will probably skip the next one in favor of Crabtowne tournaments, not because the format is any better or worse but because DC traffic is brutal and Crabtowne is only 15 minutes from my house. Speaking of which… I’m coming back for you guys at Crabtowne next week!

They also have leagues at Carpool Bar in Arlington VA, Mustang Sally in Chantilly VA, Ocelot Brewery, the Silver ball Sanctum, and spinners. I believe the next league starts in September.

More info on the group can be found here:
    http://fspazone.org/moms-organic-pinball/

And results to show how your scores compare can be found here:
    http://fspa.league.papa.org/meetResults?leagueId=15&latest=true

#265 1 year ago

Jurassic Park (Premium) and Flintstones are new additions at Ocelot Brewing ( https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=15512 ). JP plays great and I really enjoyed playing it with Insider Connected.

Image from iOS (1) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (1) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #266 1 year ago

I just wanted to shout out that MOMs in College Park currently has both a Pro and Premium RUSH. The clock on the left side was my first clue. Then there were other shots that were not on the other one. It played differently too. Really enjoyed it.

286996645_5604910159533220_6148772449880626388_n (resized).jpg286996645_5604910159533220_6148772449880626388_n (resized).jpg

Added 22 months ago:

My bad. It is a Premium and an LE Rush at Moms Market in CP.

#267 1 year ago
    Quoted from bghenson23:

Jurassic Park (Premium) and Flintstones are new additions at Ocelot Brewing ( https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=15512 ). JP plays great and I really enjoyed playing it with Insider Connected.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Out of curiosity is there a list of all the pinball machines they have? I didn’t see anything on their site.

#268 1 year ago
    Quoted from briyau15:Out of curiosity is there a list of all the pinball machines they have? I didn’t see anything on their site.

You can see the list on pinballmap

https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=15512

#269 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I just wanted to shout out that MOMs in College Park currently has both a Pro and Premium RUSH. The clock on the left side was my first clue. Then there were other shots that were not on the other one. It played differently too. Really enjoyed it.
    [quoted image]

Added 3 days ago: My bad. It is a Premium and an LE Rush at Moms Market in CP.

You were originally correct, it is a Premium and a Pro, there is NOT an LE Rush at MOMs in CP. The one closer to center in the room is the pro, the one off to the left is a premium.

#270 1 year ago

[quoted image]

#271 1 year ago

Can we start the countdown until ts4 arrives sir?

#272 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 has arrived at Ocelot Brewing! AFMR SE was added recently as well! Full lineup here: https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=15512

D4AC01BC-01C9-4237-9D26-0F5F97A12240_1_105_c (resized).jpegD4AC01BC-01C9-4237-9D26-0F5F97A12240_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #273 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Toy Story 4 has arrived at Ocelot Brewing! AFMR SE was added recently as well! Full lineup here: https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=15512
    [quoted image]

Jurassic Park premium is not on the pinmap list. But it's in that picture..... Hmmm...

#274 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

Jurassic Park premium is not on the pinmap list. But it's in that picture..... Hmmm...

Added so much lately it probably slipped through.

Flintstones
    AFMr
    Toy Story LE
    jP premium

All added in the last few weeks

#275 1 year ago

I'm going to have to head there for a cold pint and to play a couple games! I wish they still had ghostbusters they had in their google profile, but it looks like its gone according to Pinside. I've been dying to play big Lebowski, curious to try Toy Story and Hot-wheels.

#276 1 year ago

Come out to the fantastic Ocelot Brewing pinball room on Saturday, July 9th and play in our Summer Flip Off. It'll be a group match play 3 strike tournament for qualifying and then the top 10%* will play in a matchplay finals. $10 entry (+ coin drop) with all entries used for the prize pool. Doors open at noon, the tournament starts at 1pm.

IFPA sanctioned and IFPA rules.

After round 3, we'll semi-randomly** pick a player who will win a Deadpool Pro translight.

The selection of games at Ocelot is great, including the brand new Toy Story 4 and several of my all time favorites including Jurassic Park and Attack from Mars. Full list of games at the end.

Contact me if you have any questions or would like more information.

* at least 4 players if less than 40 players, if over 40, but less than 60, then 6 players, etc.
    ** each strike will count as an additional entry, so the more strikes you have after round 3, the better your chances of winning

Full Ocelot game list:
    The Big Lebowski
    Stranger Things Pro
    Rush Premium (Insider Connected)
    The Mandalorian Pro (Insider Connected)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (Insider Connected)
    Jurassic Park Premium (Insider Connected)
    Toy Story 4 LE
    Attack From Mars Remake
    Avengers Infinity Quest Premium (Insider Connected)
    Cactus Canyon Remake
    Deadpool Pro (Insider Connected)
    Stern Pirates of the Caribbean
    Monster Bash
    The Flintstones
    Hot Wheels
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
    Super Mario Bros***
    Whirlwind***
    Black Hole***

*** unlikely to be used in the tournament for qualifying

PXL_20220630_170617614.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220630_170617614.MP (resized).jpg
    #277 1 year ago
    Quoted from firebird357:

I'm going to have to head there for a cold pint and to play a couple games! I wish they still had ghostbusters they had in their google profile, but it looks like its gone according to Pinside. I've been dying to play big Lebowski, curious to try Toy Story and Hot-wheels.

There's a fantastic Ghostbusters LE at Reclaim Arcade in Fredericksburg. The crowd seems to be more far reaching lately as the word is getting out.

It's worth the trip! Hope you're not toy far away.

#278 1 year ago
    Quoted from bghenson23:

Come out to the fantastic Ocelot Brewing pinball room on Saturday, July 9th and play in our Summer Flip Off. It'll be a group match play 3 strike tournament for qualifying and then the top 10%* will play in a matchplay finals. $10 entry (+ coin drop) with all entries used for the prize pool. Doors open at noon, the tournament starts at 1pm.
    IFPA sanctioned and IFPA rules.
    After round 3, we'll semi-randomly** pick a player who will win a Deadpool Pro translight.
    The selection of games at Ocelot is great, including the brand new Toy Story 4 and several of my all time favorites including Jurassic Park and Attack from Mars. Full list of games at the end.
    Contact me if you have any questions or would like more information.
    * at least 4 players if less than 40 players, if over 40, but less than 60, then 6 players, etc.
    ** each strike will count as an additional entry, so the more strikes you have after round 3, the better your chances of winning
    Full Ocelot game list:
    The Big Lebowski
    Stranger Things Pro
    Rush Premium (Insider Connected)
    The Mandalorian Pro (Insider Connected)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (Insider Connected)
    Jurassic Park Premium (Insider Connected)
    Toy Story 4 LE
    Attack From Mars Remake
    Avengers Infinity Quest Premium (Insider Connected)
    Cactus Canyon Remake
    Deadpool Pro (Insider Connected)
    Stern Pirates of the Caribbean
    Monster Bash
    The Flintstones
    Hot Wheels
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
    Super Mario Bros***
    Whirlwind***
    Black Hole***
    *** unlikely to be used in the tournament for qualifying
    [quoted image]

Reminder that this is tomorrow - if you want to register early (which is helpful), you can sign up here: https://next.matchplay.events/tournaments/78209

#279 1 year ago

https://facebook.com/events/s/summer-bags-and-bbq-blowout/891923338285974/

Huge summer bash next weekend at Reclaim Arcade. Cash prizes for Cornhole. DJ's spinning summer vibes. Pulled pork BBQ menu items. Draft beer setup outside.

$15 Cornhole entry fee great you into the arcade as well. Or just $15 to play the 70+ arcade and pinball machines and enjoy the party.

FB_IMG_1657677286498 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1657677286498 (resized).jpg
    #280 1 year ago

Alien LV now on location at Center of the Universe brewing in Ashland, VA. Our next flipper frenzy is Mon the 18th. Other titles:

Stranger things
    Star Wars Premium
    Hook
    BKSoR
    Led Zep premium
    Godzilla premium
    Dungeons and dragons
    Walking dead
    Space Jam
    Kiss (bally)

1 week later
    #281 1 year ago

My NOVA peeps: I love all you guys and gals, you are amazing. Please consider toning down the post-drain outbursts just a little bit. Pinball gets the best of all of us sometimes but I witnessed some reactions that ranged from a little scary to downright embarrassing. If an unlucky drain affects you that badly maybe it's time it take a step back and reevaluate your relationship with competitive pinball.

Again, nobody is perfect and I've had my moments of frustration myself. It just seemed to be really widespread and maybe a little out of control. If I was a new player I'd be nope-ing my way out of tournament play.

#282 1 year ago

Chalkey what event was this at?

#283 1 year ago

Not trying to call anybody out or anything just gently bring some awareness. This kind of stuff can get normalized creeping in bit by bit.

#284 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Not trying to call anybody out or anything just gently bring some awareness. This kind of stuff can get normalized creeping in bit by bit.

and without any frame of reference no one knows if the problem is the observer or the accused

#285 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

and without any frame of reference no one knows if the problem is the observer or the accused

how could the observer be the problem in this scenario??

#286 1 year ago
    Quoted from deosil:

how could the observer be the problem in this scenario??

Just remember.. some people in this hobby think just shaking a machine is cheating or abuse. So I don't blindly take anyone's frame of reference for granted.

#287 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Just remember.. some people in this hobby think just shaking a machine is cheating or abuse. So I don't blindly take anyone's frame of reference for granted.

So... in my limited time playing in tournaments and league in the DC metro area.

1. Multiple F bombs, loud F bombs. F U, F This machine... all of it.
    2. People giving the pinball machine the double bird.
    3. People turning the game off and back on after a bad ball.
    4. People kicking the crud out of pinball legs.

One or two worse things outside of league play, to include picking the pinball machine up several inches in dropping it... and before you ask they immediately left afterwards, and no it was not in pursuit of freeing a stuck ball.

After witnessing this I have a personal rule to "not swear" when I lose.

#288 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, tis true that perhaps since I have smelt it, I am the one who hath dealt it.

#289 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

sure but if you've played in the DMV scene you also know exactly what this person is talking about... It's weird to pretend that this is a phenomenon that doesn't exist and immediately assume someone reporting "scary" "post-drain outbursts" (in their opinion) are noobs just pearl clutching over nudges.

I really didn't think that I would see weird "observer-blaming" over a phenomenon that the entire scene sees in some degree to the point that their are IFPA rules addressing it

#290 1 year ago

In my time in league play up in NoVA frustration slamming/shouting was pretty regular by individuals and concerning *and* to some degree normalized. It's been a few years to be sure since I've been a regular, so hopefully that's no longer true but you really can't act like this complaint is completely out of left field

#291 1 year ago

I have PTS, Pinball Tourette's Syndrome. It's for real and uncontrollable. Although I try my best during league, it has control over me.

#292 1 year ago

I absolutely give my machines the double middle finger at home.

But I still remember a guy in league play lifting a table up, smashing it down and shoving the pin against the wall in outrage. It was bonkers to me at the time because I knew all the machines at that location was owned by other league members.

#293 1 year ago
    Quoted from deosil:

sure but if you've played in the DMV scene you also know exactly what this person is talking about... It's weird to pretend that this is a phenomenon that doesn't exist and immediately assume someone reporting "scary" "post-drain outbursts" (in their opinion) are noobs just pearl clutching over nudges.

I didn't pretend anything - I didn't say it didn't happen. I was trying to get an idea of what he was referring to. Was he talking about swearing, self-deprecating or judo kicks? Like I said.. what's the frame of reference so we can understand what ambiguous behavior he was referring to.

Quoted from deosil:

I really didn't think that I would see weird "observer-blaming" over a phenomenon that the entire scene sees in some degree to the point that their are IFPA rules addressing it

You mean the rules that don't apply to the top players? gotcha

#294 1 year ago

So... in my limited time playing in tournaments and league in the DC metro area.
    1. Multiple F bombs, loud F bombs. F U, F This machine... all of it.
    2. People giving the pinball machine the double bird.
    3. People turning the game off and back on after a bad ball.
    4. People kicking the crud out of pinball legs.
    One or two worse things outside of league play, to include picking the pinball machine up several inches in dropping it... and before you ask they immediately left afterwards, and no it was not in pursuit of freeing a stuck ball.
    After witnessing this I have a personal rule to "not swear" when I lose.

All would have been great references to what he was referring to.. but instead we got...

ESnSixrXQAEozHX (resized).jpegESnSixrXQAEozHX (resized).jpeg

#295 1 year ago

There were definitely some people getting very angry after playing at the July Jamboree at MOM's, even hitting the machines out of frustration after a drain. It was mildly disturbing.

#296 1 year ago

July Jamboree was a great tournament! Huzzah!

#297 1 year ago

Big tournament coming up at MOM's Organic Market on Saturday, August 27! A four-strike knockout with bounties awarded for knockouts. Let us know if you can make it: https://www.facebook.com/events/719565672455076

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    4 weeks later
    #298 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Big tournament coming up at MOM's Organic Market on Saturday, August 27! A four-strike knockout with bounties awarded for knockouts. Let us know if you can make it: https://www.facebook.com/events/719565672455076[quoted image]

Reminder that this (above) tournament at Mom's is coming up this Saturday.

There is a tournament at Mustang Sally on Friday night - https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=52465

#299 1 year ago

2 hour frenzy tournament tonight at Reclaim Arcade. Registration starting at 5:45 and we'll start promptly at 6:30. Entry to the arcade is $10 and the tourney fee is an additional $5, all pins as well as arcade games are on free play. https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=51886#

#300 1 year ago
    Quoted from bghenson23:

Reminder that this (above) tournament at Mom's is coming up this Saturday.
    There is a tournament at Mustang Sally on Friday night - https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=52465

That FB link is not found anymore.

If I end up being able to go, can I just show up? Buddy and I might go but we aren't sure yet if we can make it, and also not sure if we will play or just hang out since we suck.

There are 611 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.