Topic Stats

• 574 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by harig
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 170 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3838 (resized).jpg
IMG_3839 (resized).jpg
DF0839EE-BAC4-449F-A231-246E64AF8B08 (resized).jpeg
49707AD5-3CC5-41E8-82C3-9A713CEFC13F (resized).jpeg
4CFBD68F-578A-4812-9CA7-F14EFD06CBAD (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15668335436511675664428151842777 (resized).jpg
20190823_074033.jpg
20190823_074052.jpg
IMG_1633 (resized).JPG
20190702_201855 (resized).jpg
franky2 (resized).jpg
franky1 (resized).jpg
20190614_204752 (resized).jpg
20190614_204721 (resized).jpg
20190610_203941 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wugly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#512 7 months ago

just put a color dmd in mine boy was it worth it, holding off on pictures until my plasma bumpers arrive and I install them.

1 week later
#531 7 months ago

I am putting in plasma pop bumpers in Frankenstein. I have hooked them up to were the bulbs were connected on the original pop bumpers. the new controls for the plasma bumpers buzzes incessently when the pop bumpers are turned on. the relays don't buzz when I use a gi bulb for a trigger. haven't checked it yet but I think the pop bumper lights are being pulsed. does anyone know how to overcome this problem or will I be forced to use a gi bulb for a trigger to turn them on and have them set for always on or sound activation. and if I do which setting should I use, always on or sound

Added 7 months ago:

error when tested on gi the control board I used was one that didn't buzz all my other control boards buzzed on the gi connection. am waiting for furhter answers from lighted mods for options

1 week later
#532 7 months ago

Have modded my MSF with color dmd and plasma bumpers. They original were buzzing very loudly when I first installed them which was very distracting but after trying different hings to make them stop buzzing they just stopped buzzing all on their own. these mods really make the game look great
franky1 (resized).jpgfranky2 (resized).jpg

ps now that I lok at it I will probably change that led to the left of the pop bumpers from cool white to warm white now that the plasmas are there.

#535 7 months ago

check the lamp matrix and see if the lights have a common wire. sometimes the wire breaks in the middle of daisy chaining and you get some that work and some that don't or the connector burns up at the board. sometimes the fuse is good and the bridge rectifier burns out backbox bridge f2 and. check if fuses are blown but also check to make sure with a meter that it is producing power.

#537 7 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

okay thanks took the fuse out but another in and yes they work. Just have to get a 8amp fuse I stuck a 5amp just to see..
question where would u get bridge rectifier...
thanks

fairly common electrical part. try pinball resource, ebay, all kinds of sources

1 week later
#539 6 months ago

had a great conversation with the people from lighted pinball mods about there plasma bumpers. I originally had a a plasma bumper that was kind of blurry and unclear. the guy at lighted pinball mods gave me a replacement top at no charge to correct this problem, what great customer service they had. We discussed there website and how it would probably be good to have a forum online to answer questions that come up since there installation video is a little old and there is always a few extra questions that it doesn't answer. had a few minor problems installing the plasma bumpers. one was the holes through the new bumper base was just a tiny bit too tight but a quick kiss with a drill bit made them acceptable. one of the questions that was not answered on the video was which connection was positive and which was negative for the pop bumper lights. For your information the positive was common to all 4 bumpers center of the connection strip on the game. major complication if you are not paying attention, the wires are quite thin gauge and the flipper board is mounted right under where the wires for the pop bumper drop down. If you are not paying attention to how the wires fall into the cabinet they can easily become caught on the flipper board before you have connected them all up and organized and tie wrapped them in a safe location since you are dealing with 4 bumpers at the same time. I was also informed that they are working on a 12 volt to 3 volt converter so that the control boards are not powered 24/7 even though the game is turned off.

3 months later
#562 3 months ago

plasma bumpers make the game look great

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 209.99
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dover, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wugly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside