pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider upsfeedr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 5 years ago

NEED HELP

Question I just got a MSF and got home notice the North Pole doesn’t work don’t think it knows a ball is in their I have to wait for the machine took look for the ball then it kicks it out and I had extra ball lit and when the ball went in nothing happened . I took it out I noticed a black box with a yellow button when I touch the button it works but it looks like it missing a piece any help or a picture of what the complete North Pole looks like any help

#422 5 years ago

Great thanks was able to order the part from the place you said and pinball life.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

If you have the switch arm, you probably only need the switch itself. In fact, if you have the switch arm, you can probably find another switch somewhere in the machine and swap them out.

i have the switch but not the arm. couldnt find it in the machine..

thanks

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi! I can tell you that the latest version is a whole lot better than the one in the YouTube video. I can PM you some sample clips later this week if you're interested.

I be interested in some videos I just picked up Frankenstein

2 weeks later
#433 5 years ago

Help

when i got to coil test on my MSF and i select a certain coil to test and when i push start nothing happens even when i cycle threw the different coil test and also when i do a flasher test nothing happens anyone have any ideas how to get these to work so i can check all that stuff..

thanks

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Make sure the coin door is closed (or the cherry switch is depressed) should work then. It is a safety feature that disables the higher voltage stuff when the door is open.

great thanks will try that.. you think it would tell you in the manual that the door needs to be closed.. I was going crazy wondering what's wrong with my machine

#437 5 years ago

closing coin door worked

HELP AGAIN

i had to replace the ball launcher bracket since it broke the other day.. so i replaced it now it doesn't work and 3 other coils aren't working... Geneva, Sarco and the graveyard are no working any ideas they were working fine.. when i do a coil test nothing is happening...

any Help would be appreciated

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

prob blew a fuse when you fixed the other thing. or didn't hook something up correctly. if it worked before, its something you did. check fuses first.

when i fixed the launcher i didnt disconnect any wires.. must be a fuse i hope will check to see if its a fuse

thanks

#440 5 years ago

Thanks for the help it was the fuse when i checked last night guess i didn't notice.. for now i took another fuse 5a and put it where the coil fuse goes 4a and it works great all the coils are working again. just don't have the laser kick back working until i get a new fuse..

thanks again

2 weeks later
#441 5 years ago

Looking to buy the Complete LED Kit for my MSF.. Anyone tell me the best kit to buy and where and all that I need

thanks

#442 5 years ago

Also looking for MSF instruction cards ect cant seem to finf the anywhere mine are missing.. if anyone has a some can you share? i can print out thanks

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

make sure you change that back asap to the right size fuse.

What will happen if I don’t put back to a 4a fuse and just keep the 5a in the spot

#449 5 years ago

Fixed got fuses pot the 4a in slot f8-b and the 5a in slot f9-b but 2 tabs broke on the f8 how do I fix that? I used electrical tape tape to make it work for the time being but need a real fix.

Anyone have ideas? I guess I could buy a whole new board. Ugh

3 weeks later
#459 5 years ago

So does anyone know what size Legs MSF is suppose to have? I just noticed on mine yes just now only had the game a few months.. Well i have 3 legs that are 28 1/2 and the other is 30 1/2 guess that why the rear left leg leveler is unscrewed 2 inches.. i know i should have figured that out but was going to put new leg levelers and thought i measure the legs..

So if anyone has any insight that would be great..

i`m thinking of just putting 30 1/2 on this way the leg levelers wont be long..

The Part # is 535-5020-50

Thanks

2 months later
#472 4 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

New to the club! ColorDMD and art blades ordered.
[quoted image]

Welcome such a under rated Game.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Does anyone out there need a set of inlane plastics?
I made up a new set because my machine was missing them and I made a few extras $25 plus shipping for a pair.

do you have pictures i might need them just in case

thanks

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Updated with color dmd and artblades today!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can i ask where you got the artblades from? i found a different set but i like yours..

1 week later
#487 4 years ago

Was wondering has anyone taken the Mylar off their Frankenstein? Just was wondering seen other post about the Mylar taken off..

#490 4 years ago

thanks think ill the Mylar alone as well..

#491 4 years ago

just ordered the color dmd for my msf since the pinsound is on back order for 2 months..

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

What happened to Pinsound? You will be surprised how nice the game is with the download. All right out of the movie. Your old plasma dmd will sell.

oh yes I know I have sold the original DMD already for 150+and it had 2 vertical lines out on it. The one I'm using now i bought on ebay a few months back but it worked. so that will be easy 180+ on ebay..

Pinsound says its a 2 month wait when you go to order it so ill have to wait ill just keep checking..

#497 4 years ago

Mary Shelly`s Frankenstein Owners im looking for this part

Part # 830-5636-00 its the Mav. Speaker Plexi W/Artwork

The previous owner cut out the clear part of the panel So My New ColorDMD is not behind a Panel..

2 weeks later
#518 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Cool, if I come across any parts for it I’ll let you know. Speaker panel is not easy to find. Get the color DMD (even if just the extender like I had). Definitely worth the upgrade on this game.

im Trying to find the Speaker Panel Plastic that is no where to be found.. Someone on my machine cut out the clear plastic where the DMD is so i had to make some thing

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Thanks! I have leads on the panel overlay and the driver board.
Mainly looking for the wooden board everything attaches to now. Speakers are cheap enough

hey do you know if they have more of the speaker panel overlay??

thanks

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I don't know. Luckily a pinsider had one laying around and saw my ad. It's not pretty but better than not having one.

Great Thanks Ill keep looking

2 weeks later
#534 4 years ago

MSF owners need your help.. My msf lamps on the playfied stop working tonight not all like the 4 red flashers work and other basic lights work. The one spell Frankenstein and extra ball ect you know what im talking about. I think it must be a fuse? im pretty sure its on the power panel in back but didn't see any blown fuse.. i think its in the Backbox Bridge fuse F1 or F2.. have to buy some 8a slo-blo fuses to check

Any ideas?

Thanks

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

check the lamp matrix and see if the lights have a common wire. sometimes the wire breaks in the middle of daisy chaining and you get some that work and some that don't or the connector burns up at the board. sometimes the fuse is good and the bridge rectifier burns out backbox bridge f2 and. check if fuses are blown but also check to make sure with a meter that it is producing power.

okay thanks took the fuse out but another in and yes they work. Just have to get a 8amp fuse I stuck a 5amp just to see..

question where would u get bridge rectifier...

thanks

2 months later
#552 4 years ago
Quoted from HyyL:

Hi! I’m also in the club. My piece isn’t in the best condition but now after some work it plays well.
Bought this game since I remembered it from being a kid putting coins in a machine yelling “I will have revenge!!”. Great game and even more fun than I thought it would be.
Still some work to be done. The game was filthy as shits and I’m still not finished cleaning everything. The monsters head doesn’t turn so that needs to be taken care of. Planing on buying a new servo motor but haven’t located a replacement yet. Anyone have a link maybe? Preferably European site.

you can find them on ebay i bought a airtronics forgot the model #

9 months later
#613 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up a Frankenstein yesterday in a trade. Turns out this is the same one that glsp3022 had and has been shown previously in this thread. It was the only sega large DMD I had not previously played. Man I have been missing out. What a cool machine.

Welcome it is a great Machine too bad no body sees that...

5 months later
#709 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I am not a big fan of Pinstadiums, especially with a $400 or $500 price tag. They seem to only light the outer edges on this game, and do nothing for the center of the PF. Plus I don’t like seeing their light strips running up the sides of the game or reflecting off other parts.
Mine is lit awesomely with mirror blades, a cool white LED trough strip and 4 added spots on the lower PF. And I think that was about $140.
So glad to have this game back.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where did you get the mirror blades from

1 week later
#711 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Pinball Decals

thanks

5 months later
#727 2 years ago
Quoted from 7craig7:

How do we put a color display in MSF. I wuld love a step by step and what actually to buy.

its easy the instructions you get make it simple i installed my own and i have use of only 1 hand..

https://shop.colordmd.com/x-led-192x64-replacement-display-for-frankenstein-pinball-machine/

8 months later
#814 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i got one id sell, along with lots of other plastics from this game.

Do you have a list. Of the items

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from JuanSolo:

Now that my game plays well I noticed tons of airballs smashing I to the sarcophagus bulb...made another lexan protector, turned out pretty good![quoted image][quoted image]

are you selling that? i wouldn't mind that for mine

#817 2 years ago

Frankenstein All Set Up and Looking Good and Everything Works....Just need to Touch up some of the Black Cabinet

Not bad been Wrapped upped for the Last 2 Years in my Garage Since we Moved

imagezsdsd1 (resized).jpegimagezsdsd1 (resized).jpegimagesth0 (resized).jpegimagesth0 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#840 1 year ago

mine is

blue
green
yellow
red

6 months later
#857 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I just got my new ramp. It is thick and beautiful. Highly recommend.

where did you get it from?

#860 1 year ago

thanks for the info

1 week later
#866 1 year ago
Quoted from carvindc200:

Thank you! in regards to your frank motor, is the servo board working properly? LEDs on it should indicate whether its functioning. If it is working then it almost has to be your servo motor itself. I believe you can get new ones from Marco or pinball life.

you can buy the servo on amazon iys just a airtronics lioke rthe use on remote controls sorry i forget the model number... i got mine on amazon

3 weeks later
#875 1 year ago

seen this on marco if anyone needs them

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5473-XX

i just need the speaker plexi the previous owner cut out where the DMD is

Part # 830-5636-00 if anyone has a extra

1 month later
#879 1 year ago
Quoted from GenevaMultiball:

Lopa Thanks I think those will work, I just wanted to get a general idea of what it should look like too.

does the Maual say whats supposed to go ther?

2 months later
#891 11 months ago
Quoted from slizzap:

Thanks. I think it's more just a case of the before and after pictures not doing as much justice as seeing it in person. The mylar was really cloudy. I just took another picture of the playfield after the mylar and adhesive were removed trying to get the same angle of the light reflecting off the same point of the playfield as the before picture. So here's a better before and after picture. It's striking how much the color in the artwork just pops now. I'm gonna have to spring for a sheet of Invisiglass now...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Have to ask how hard to take off the mylar? mine not bad just was wondering

#892 11 months ago

On ebay this guy pinballmad13 said he can make this for me to put on my glass when not playing.. i think it looks pretty good i ordering that one and a Rush one for my pins.. Just thought i would share..

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#898 10 months ago
Quoted from slizzap:

So I just spent the last 30 days giving my MSF some serious TLC. Just buttoned him up and put him back in service at home today. Pictures unfortunately just can't do it justice, but figured I would share a pic anyways.
Completely stripped the playfield, removed the mylar, then cleaned, polished, and waxed the playfield.
Polished all the metal ball guides
New lockdown assembly, lockdown bar, glass channels, and side rails
New targets and target decals, and used anti-sway brackets for the "S" and "T" targets adjacent to North Pole to reduce blockage
New rollover switches and slingshot leaf switches
New plungers, coil sleeves, and springs
Replaced flaky and defective GI light sockets
New plastics (complete set)
New upper ramp
Lower ramp cleaned and polished with new decals
Copper wireforms from Pinball Plating/Hot Rod Arcade
New inlane/outlane ball guides
New gates
New flasher domes
New Cliffy's (they don't like being uninstalled)
New flipper buttons
GI LEDs replaced with Comet Pinball 2SMD Sunlight (except backbox - 1 SMD)
LED flashers replaced with original #89 flasher bulbs (fewer seizures and more accurate lightning effects)
Gameblades
Invisiglass
Ninja pinballs
I can't believe what a difference in gameplay this has made. One thing that really stood out is doing a full service cleaning on the Creature mech. Before when Creature Throw was on the default setting of Normal it would just dribble out of his hand, so I had to bump it up to Hard, which would then barely bounce off the glass. I pulled the whole thing apart, cleaned and polished all the metal brackets, replaced the coil sleeve and spring, and oiled up the center post that rotates the arms. The first test game I played with the glass off and wasn't thinking about that work...I triggered multiball and the creature threw the ball out of the game and hit me in the stomach before bouncing off the floor haha. I had to turn the setting back down to Normal, and now it's still bouncing off the glass.
Oh yeah...did I mention he's a world traveler? This MSF was built in Melrose Park, IL, sold to Holland and apparently put into service out there, then relocated back to the states and ultimately settled here...20 mins from its birthplace. I had to leave all the Holland tags on because...well, because. I haven't tested to see if it still actually takes Guilders when not on Free Play, primarily because I don't have any
[quoted image]

looks great nice job did you do a Color DMD? looks much better with it.. i also have a Euro Version was in Germany my coin door has 3 slots 1dm 3dm 5dm

3 months later
#912 6 months ago

Never had a Ball Stuck at thar location

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
$ 259.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider upsfeedr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=upsfeedr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.