pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 6 years ago

Been reading the issues as of late and will simply attach this link from another thread....https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/10#post-3980443

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I must say that I am very happy with the pinballsp screen for my Frankenstein. Even though it is the initial release of hardware and runs on beta firmware.
The ease of mounting with plug&play and configure the basic colors in a text editor on the computer is so releaving.. Less than 15minutrs to remove the stock screen and mount the replacement playing the first game.
All i have been waiting for is a plug&play alternative for the eventually failing unobtainaium stock DMD.
cheers
/mima

Exactly!! Can't agree more.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I stand corrected, 15 minutes is not even close the time that it will take to remove the stock DMD, replace it with a PinballSP and start the first game on Frankenstein.
I am sorry i lied.
It actually takes 7 minutes.
» YouTube video

Hi MIMA - Can you share you color selection and order so I can duplicate...thanks!!

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

After my installment video of the PinballSP 192x64 screen in Frankenstein I got questions of what colors i use in my game.
Here are the five important rows of the config file:
0E4A000000000000 // 1st color palette, Black, Red, Green, White...
0E4A000000000000 // 2nd color palette, Black, Dark Blue, Orange, White...
0E4A000000000000 // 3rd cooor palette, Black, Dark Green, Pink, White...
0E4A000000000000 // 4th color palette, Black, Red, Violet, Yellow...
0 // Brightness level 0-9
Cheers
/mima

Now, my understanding is - only the first 4 characters 'do' anything in Frank....but in your case, the 1st 4 lines are repeated either way (i.e. 0E4A) as each palette line lasts about 30 seconds- so the only colors you are using are Black, Dark Brown, Dark Red and Dark Yellow (in that order)?

1 month later
#269 6 years ago
Quoted from euro55:

I found a MSF but the display is missing, other then that it is in excellent condition, any leads on a DMD, I saw that pin life has them for $500, rookie here, any help would be awesome

That's one option...there are LED and LCD alternatives as well - they invariably all cost the same...I went with the PinballSP solution which is LED, plug & play and allows for 4 colors (at this time) to be chosen for the palette...the expectation is that it can be fully colorized as the software develops....it was simple to install and it has been running in an arcade for months now with no issues....

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Or if you want something that actually works out of the box and is plug and play for about the same amount of money. Lucky1 is part of the competition who would never buy or test the PinballSP product and continues to take jabs at PinballSP for evidently having a superior design. You have to look at both sides of the story if you go back a few weeks in this Frankenstein club thread and keep reading past the bottom link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/4#post-4004225

Agreed, this Lucky1 just can't f'n let it go..so tired of hearing from him...I tried to be fair with my post without calling out his problematic product, but hard to hold back anymore....his incessant parroting about the last line (which is already fixed and ready for release shortly) is so inane....so here it is Euro55, just buy the PinballSP product and be done....

2 weeks later
#315 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Neither color dmd or pinballsp have a WORKING led panel for Frankenstein. The only available solution apart from smartdmd (great kit!!!) is still Pin2dmd-xl.
Once Baywatch and Batman Forever are finished I start coloring Frankenstein. First few pictures are very promising but these have a loooot of different animations and stuff to do.

LAMO - then I have no idea what I installed from PinballSP in my Frank back in Sept, but it's an LED panel...and it's been WORKING ever since and in a COMMERCIAL environment (meaning it's at an arcade and ON for hours everyday)....give it break guys...jeez...

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

What about the last line bug? Is it fixed?

Yep...just tried the firmware tonight.....so.....this the point I say.....vergiss es

(and sure I'll upload some pics because you don't believe it.....)

#319 6 years ago

just some quick pics...had to get running....just some random colors I chose after the update.....

Resized_20171212_2020081 (resized).jpgResized_20171212_2020081 (resized).jpg

Resized_20171212_2021091 (resized).jpgResized_20171212_2021091 (resized).jpg

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Stop it Dom. Needless to discuss this with the only two owners of that display. Of course it is not fixed, otherwise it would have already been publicly announced multiple times. Now I understand why Sonic does not care wether it is fully working or not. Commercial pinball operators don´t care about such things.

You guys are such trolls....its shocking really....all to peddle your half-baked product...nope, I'm not an operator - I'm a hobbyist that lent my Frankenstein to a charity you moron's.....it's at an arcade whose proceeds go to Rupert's Kids....Rupert was a winner on the TV show "Survivor" a few years back and created a foundation to help troubled kids, one avenue for revenue is this arcade......https://www.facebook.com/rupertskidsarcade/ ....Frank is a hit there...all due to Luis' amazing product....(not PIN 2 DMD's)

1 month later
#332 6 years ago

Cool idea...but for about the same money you can get an NVRAM chip and in less time not worry about batteries ever again...that's what I did to my Frank...took about 30 seconds (the chip right under the ROM in your pic) ...

Added over 6 years ago: http://nvram.weebly.com/

2 weeks later
#335 6 years ago

The original board has 4 connections for the servos - this board two...what's the difference?

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The original board was more universal but only uses the single connector for the head servo.

That's right....haven't looked at the board in awhile....

5 months later
#403 5 years ago

I just wanna know when someone will remake the ramps....mine are crap....and no luck in finding new ones

2 weeks later
#408 5 years ago
Quoted from harig:

saw that post in the German forum:
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/verkaufe-diverse-nos-teile-sega-de.179780/
It´s quite old but some parts might be still available...

Just taking a quick look - the last reply seems to be asking about the ramps....in jan 2017....gonna have to believe they are long gone....but since you have access to the forum and speak German - mind asking for me?

2 months later
#415 5 years ago

Pretty sure one exists already....have to find the link - had a friend buy one earlier this year...

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.