pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

My kickback is purple, millions mode is green

I have the same color of LED's in mine in those two places. I have LED'd the whole pin. It brightened up an otherwise kind of dark play field.

3 weeks later
#48 9 years ago
Quoted from smerff:

Anyone know the best way to hook up the sub?

Use a powered sub and hook up the two wires directly to the speaker in the floor of the cabinet. You can put two alligator clips on those wires for non-permanent hook-up. Run the two wires out the bottom of the speaker mount. This means you have to unscrew the 4 nuts holding it down, lift it up slightly, and then thread the wires underneath the mesh, and out through the holes in the bottom of the cabinet. Hook those two up to the sub. Easy and it works.

5 months later
#84 9 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

PM send....Greatly appreciated!

I'm the one who loaned the manual for him to copy. He did a GREAT job!
Mike in Kentucky

1 year later
#135 7 years ago

Yes, I've had it several times. But mine is set on "Easy Play" and I mean at the EASIEST!!! I think it is only because of this that I get far enough to light all three of those lights up where you have to hit that hole to get the ball to the hands. If that makes sense. I'm not near my pin and I can't remember what that place is called up there, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

Added a blue LED strip behind the back ramps to brighten it up a bit.

OK. That's what I want to do also. I have a spool of LED's (white). Can you tell me how you hook them up? I am sure you attached yours to a GI lamp somewhere, but HOW do you do this? All I see are those little gold looking tabs on the end of the LED strip. Do I solder a wire to the end of that thing? Like . . . one side is positive and the other is negative? And if that is how you do it, that would sure be a 'delicate' project. Might have to find me a surgeon with steady hands.

Thanks for any help you may pass on to me. And PSST . . . don't tell other Pinside members I'm too dumb to do this myself and needed help!

Mike in Kentucky

#144 7 years ago

Ahhh . . . that's good info! I was going to screw mine up because I forgot my LED's are 12 volt. I actually think I understand what to do now. I REALLY appreciate your feedback on this.

Mike in Kentucky

7 months later
#166 6 years ago

GREAT ANSWERS ANDREW!!!

crunchysue . . . what a name!

This is my Frankenstein pin that Crash is talking about. He really knows all about pins, so whatever he tells you, you can believe it. I bought a 60" long cable from Marco just so we could easily connect up to another DMD, so one of those does NOT come with the display package.

I am hoping a new board from German Gaming Supplies will resolve my problem, and perhaps it would resolve yours aso. We have been battling this since January, I think. I'm not sure he is believing that his board could be a problem. But we have ruled out everything else. I just hope it is on the way.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

did your display work at all?

No . . . my display never went past what you can see in the pictures in this thread. If you have any technical questions you need to ask Crash, for I'm not worth a plug Nickel if the technology gets too deep!

Yeah .. . 60" is pretty long . . . 5 feet . . . but you may not need one that long. I think we could have got by with one 48", but with this long one we didn't have to worry about jamming two pins so close together. Looks like our problems are similar yet different. Wish they were both identical because that might help nail down the problem.

#171 6 years ago

I hope you get a response soon. I PM'd him yesterday and have heard nothing. Since he is in Germany and I lived there and can speak some German, I have talked with him by email long before I bought my board. His name is Dominik and goes by "Dom" for short.

I know he gets very busy at times. I reckon we just have to have patience until he can get back with us.

Come on, Dom ole buddy, and answer our questions, please. Have you mailed my replacement board yet?

Mike in Kentucky

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I don't care about the software part and I frankly don't see what your jibberish about any 128x32 solution has anything to do with Frankenstein that use a 192x64 display.

Quoted from Crash:

Listen, this defensive mudslinging has to stop. You and Dom are selectively leaving out major issues

While I'm a little foggy on the Lucky1 and Dom connection, I can't understand why the posting energy on this thread and the other one on Pinside doesn't go toward helping us guys who have these new DMD's from you to getting them to work!

"Crunchysue" has been having problems that go unaddressed and I've been fighting this problem for over 9 months now without a solution. I spent all this money and haven't used my pin for nearly a year now!!! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I see references were you both have regular jobs and I can certainly appreciate how challenging ANOTHER job to come home to can be. But this has taken WAY too long to resolve.

Our problems seem to be deflected to "It's our fault on our end." Or, "Something was already wrong with your pin to begin with. That's why the new DMD doesn't work." Or, words to that effect.

In my case, we wanted to try and swap in a new board and see if that was the problem. It now appears you don't even HAVE any boards. I wouldn't be so adamant about pointing fingers at you guys if I didn't have one of the best pinball repair persons on the planet working on this Frankenstein pin for me. "Crash" is an expert bar-none! If HE says he can see the issue, then you better believe it!!!

Not only am I disappointed and flustered with having all this money sunk into a useless DMD that has been sitting here idle for nearly a year, it REALLY bothers me to come down hard on two German guys. I lived two years in that country and have the utmost love and respect for ALL things German! And that includes you two guys. Don't soil my opinion of the German work ethic, intelligence and honesty. But dammit! It's time for you to talk with me and/or "Crash" and let's get to the solution!!! And don't EVER question the abilities of "Crash"!!!

It hurts MY OWN feelings to have to talk rough to you guys. It's time for damage control. If you want to sell these things then COMMUNICATE and without putting the blame on us. If something is wrong and you are fearful you made a mistake in development, then PRIVATELY communicate this to me. If you can't afford to buy new replacement boards, I can understand. Just TELL me and I'll keep it to myself that you are having problems.

#196 6 years ago

Hey Dom,

The only reason I posted on this forum thread was I HAD emailed you privately and got no responses. I thought you were ducking out on me. Maybe going out of business or something. Otherwise, it would have just been between you and me. Perhaps I am sending my emails to the wrong address. I sent them through Pinside's PM spot.

I thank you SO much for this answer about mailing the controller. I promise you, if we install the new controller and that isn't the fix and it is something else wrong NOT to do with your DMD, I will not only mail that board back to you, but will pay you for the wasted postage. I WANT you to make a profit and not cost you what little money you probably made. I think of us ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! I'm on YOUR side. I'm not out just to protect my pin and getting it fixed, but to protect YOU also! You will not lose money working with ME! I promise!

Thanks again, and . . . . Vergib mir, wenn ich deine Gefühle verletzen würde. Deutsche Leute sind mir ZUERST, wenn es um Treue geht. Ich ehre nicht einmal mein eigenes italienisches Volk so sehr wie ich Deutschen. Ich hoffe, wir können dieses Problem endgültig lösen und wir können wieder gut und vertrauenswürdig sein. Mein herzliches "Danke" und die besten Wünsche.

I probably failed my German test!!!

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

surely these haven't reached these prices yet have they?

Well, for ME, I hope the prices HAVE soared! I bought my pin for around $2,000.00 and so far have put about another $1,700.00 in it. I don't want to sell it anytime soon, but it would be nice someday to sell it and at least get most of my money back.

Mike in Kentucky

#206 6 years ago

Man! Your pin looks bright! That is just danged BEAUTIFUL!!! I wish mine could look like that. I've put in LED's everywhere I could find a place to put them, but mine sure doesn't shine like yours!!! Care to share the secret? Heck, your pin is so pretty it makes me want to go out and buy one! Ha.

And yes . . . this is a severely under-rated pin! Unique and great game play. I can't figure out why it doesn't get any love, unless it is fear of that big display . . . knowing how costly they are to replace (and the problems a lot of people have with them) and how difficult it is to even find one.

By the way . . . does your head work? Turn back and forth? I've put in two new servos and still it doesn't move. If you've had to repair yours, then also share any info on that too please, especially where you bought the servo. I got mine through some online RC stores. Maybe those don't work and you have to buy one from a pinball parts distributor?

Mike in Kentucky

1 month later
#264 6 years ago
Quoted from CommanderJim:

Here is a pic with the lights on.

Man! That makes my pin look so shabby!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
#284 6 years ago

That was really interesting. I also learned that you are right handed, wear glasses, and have a nice coiffe of hair that is parted to the side and is sprinkled with some gray hair. You are probably about 5' 9" and maybe right at 40 years of age, and extremely intelligent. How bad did I do?! Ha.

Crash could not come this past Saturday to work on my Frankenstein DMD. It may be this coming Saturday or the next that he can come. I will certainly let you know what happens when he works on it.

Mike in Kentucky

#286 6 years ago

Now THAT'S tall!!! The only Germans I ever met who were that tall played professional basketball.

1 week later
#309 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's factory.

I will check my pin tomorrow and see if there is one in my coin box. There are several plastics in there, I THINK!

Mike

1 month later
#339 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The original board was more universal but only uses the single connector for the head servo.

My! I don't know who you are, but you sure seem to know an awful lot about pinball machines, especially this one!!!

I reckon you must live in one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.