Topic Stats

• 567 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by bbaker2824
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 170 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3838 (resized).jpg
IMG_3839 (resized).jpg
DF0839EE-BAC4-449F-A231-246E64AF8B08 (resized).jpeg
49707AD5-3CC5-41E8-82C3-9A713CEFC13F (resized).jpeg
4CFBD68F-578A-4812-9CA7-F14EFD06CBAD (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15668335436511675664428151842777 (resized).jpg
20190823_074033.jpg
20190823_074052.jpg
IMG_1633 (resized).JPG
20190702_201855 (resized).jpg
franky2 (resized).jpg
franky1 (resized).jpg
20190614_204752 (resized).jpg
20190614_204721 (resized).jpg
20190610_203941 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 2 years ago

Crash, I was following your guidance years ago on a dmd extender from Dr. Pinball. I did it in my MSF, haven’t had any issues,& still think it looks better than color dmd. Complicated, yes, but, worth it.Thanks.

#324 2 years ago

Well said, I have a really nice MSF,too. I also read this thread for ideas & help.

2 months later
#355 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Thank you!
A lot of sounds did not make it onto the video I`m afraid, but you get the idea
The sound on the video is a mix of a line out recording from the pinsound board and the microphone in my phone, BUT, I did replace the stock speakers (total garbage by the way) with some good quality car stereo speakers. They where not expencive at all, and a huge upgrade in sound. And I replaced the cabinet speaker with a 10" subwoofer. It really gives a fantastic impact on the sound experience.
I actually replacd the Edgar Winter music with the movie soundtrack, but you can use whatever music you want, the sound effects and callout are the same
Yes, I will upload to the pinsound community as soon as I am completely done with the mix. Trying to make new jackpot sounds, but my throat is getting soar from all the yelling, hahah, had to take a break...
If you are interested PM me, and I can share the work in progress mix with you.

I saw you will upload to the pinsound community, please do.You are doing a great job, MSF is a keeper to me, plus, I like the underated movie. Please post it in this thread when you upload Thank you.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Thank you!
I will make sure to tell you when I upload!
The game is sooo much nicer to play with this upgrade, and since you like the movie, like I do, it will be even more exiting with all the other quotes not present in the video

I put a pinsound in my Tommy, what a difference. The Who should have always been on it. Same feelings on the movie should be on this one. All the actors & actresses are top knotch. I even bought the movie dvd. Looking forward to the upload,thanks,again.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Anybody else have this hex post here?? Whats the length of it?

I have a rubber post sleeve there on mine. It is to support the ramp. I will bet your hex is also to support.

4 months later
#390 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

And get a pinsound card with my mix on it

If I get a Pinsound for my MSF, is the download free? I got one for my Tommy, great. Love the movie soundtrack you did.

1 week later
#399 1 year ago

When I got Cliffys for mine, I asked for a protector for the Ice Cave, it really takes a beating. He has 1 for it that was not on his site. Hazzard, I gotta have your download. I should be ordering a Pinsound, soon .

1 month later
#411 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just taking a quick look - the last reply seems to be asking about the ramps....in jan 2017....gonna have to believe they are long gone....but since you have access to the forum and speak German - mind asking for me?

Looking at his parts numbers, he doesn’t have any of the plastic upper ramps. I will bet that is what you need, like most of us. Mine is braced with a post rubber. I did get a set of clear plastics on EBay, still listed, from Germany. Hard to find. I like MSF a lot.

2 months later
#413 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

New pinsound mix available at the pinsound community page, for anyone interested

I just got the new mix & it is amazing. The movie’s soundtrack is now the background, with Robert Deniro as the monster, all the original voices from the movie are also added. Yes, even Elizabeth & the Doctor. Highly recommended.

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

I bought from this place. Works great!
http://shedspace.net/?page_id=193

This same item is on Ebay, also from Australia.

2 months later
#451 12 months ago
Quoted from Ven:

Anyone happen to have a set of the black lightning bolt inlane plastics or possibly a scan of them? Picked up an MSF and it is missing these and also missing the clear plastic cover for the right ramp that keeps air balls from hitting the wire form ramp for the north pole shot.
Thanks..

I got a set of clear plastics from Germany on Ebay,$20. Search Frankenstein pinball on it.

2 weeks later
#458 11 months ago
Quoted from nworker:

A friend picked up a Frankenstein and I'm starting to work on it for him. The display is not working and in looking the game over, I have a question for other owners. How is the display controller powered? Other pictures I have seen show a connector going to J1 from the power board. This game does not have that connection. should there be a connection?
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

There is a 5 pin connector on the display to the power supply at CN6.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#463 11 months ago
Quoted from nworker:

Has pin2dmd colorization been done for Frankenstein?

Yes. look in Pinside marketplace,$400.

#465 11 months ago
Quoted from nworker:

Has pin2dmd colorization been done for Frankenstein?

Just so you have a choice, I just saw Colordmd made one , finally, led only. $469. Yep, pricey, but, check their video sample on their site. Thinking about it myself.

3 weeks later
#469 10 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Get a PinSound board. It's the best mod ever for Frankenstein! That is all.
Rich

I certainly agree. Adds a whole lot.

2 months later
#492 8 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

just ordered the color dmd for my msf since the pinsound is on
back order for 2 months..

What happened to Pinsound? You will be surprised how nice the game is with the download. All right out of the movie. Your old plasma dmd will sell.

#494 8 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

oh yes I know I have sold the original DMD already for 150+and it had 2 vertical lines out on it. The one I'm using now i bought on ebay a few months back but it worked. so that will be easy 180+ on ebay..
Pinsound says its a 2 month wait when you go to order it so ill have to wait ill just keep checking..

I sold my old dmd ,fast, no missing lines, same price. I wonder what happened to Pinsound. If you are missing any or, have scratched ones, Ebay has some clear plastics for your MSF. Came from Germany, very nice addition, too. I got one I didn't even know I was supposed to. One was missing.

3 weeks later
#529 7 months ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Great! Thanks!!
Next question...am I missing optos here?[quoted image]

No optics,there. You are missing the clips on those that hold the metal rod in.They are e-clips, I believe.

3 months later
#551 4 months ago
Quoted from HyyL:

Hi! I’m also in the club. My piece isn’t in the best condition but now after some work it plays well.
Bought this game since I remembered it from being a kid putting coins in a machine yelling “I will have revenge!!”. Great game and even more fun than I thought it would be.
Still some work to be done. The game was filthy as shits and I’m still not finished cleaning everything. The monsters head doesn’t turn so that needs to be taken care of. Planing on buying a new servo motor but haven’t located a replacement yet. Anyone have a link maybe? Preferably European site.

Not in Europe, but, on the American EBay, there is a listing for a new one. Seller is located in Australia. Hope this might help.

3 months later
#564 34 days ago

Mine has a reading of +4.90 on the power supply. I have been trying lots to pick it up. It does resets on multi ball. New power supply. Can someone tell me what is the normal reading for this game? Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
PinSound
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside