View topic image gallery

20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
After (resized).jpg
Before (resized).jpg
CreatureThrow (resized).jpg
DamagedMylar-Fixed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#340 6 years ago

Hi!

Working on a new sound design for my MSF machine these days. Bought the game a few weeks ago, and did not like the call outs, way too repetitive and sound quality is really not doing much to help the music...

So, installed my pinsound board and started working. I can tell you, the game is really starting to shine with the original soundtrack and movie quotes!

Will post here as soon as I have most of it ready.

1 week later
#342 6 years ago

Work in progress.. I`m sorry about the crappy sound, will post a high quality video when finnished

#345 6 years ago

Hi!

Been working on my Frankenstein pinsound mix. Man, this is time consuming, we are talking days and days of work! Replaced most of the sound effects, quotes, voices and music with the originals from the movie. Robert De Niro is now the main monster scream source! And that ramp shot sound a lot better now, with the chains pulling him up (like on the ramp entry artwork) and not the same sample every time.

Now, the sega/data east games really lack the ammount of soundtriggers that for instance my williams BSD has, so therefore I had to figure out how to implement more sounds and call outs, and background efffects.

Like in the STONING mode, there is now an angry mob taunting and screaming at the monster during the mode.

And in LYNCH JUSTINE mode you can hear the angry mob, original music and Justine screaming for her life.

NORTH POLE mode has wind and footsteps in the snow.

HIGH VOLTAGE mode has som "hurry up" voice fx, and yells at you to shoot the ramp.

The flipper lanes now have a more "fire fx" to them, since the artwork kind of asks for it, having Elisabeth in flames...

And we have more Elisabeth voicecalls now, even the Monster calling her.

Changing mode now has a much more distinct sound, making it a more obvious MODE CHANGE

The monster now screams before throwing the ball at you (with throw FX)

And so on... Did not manage to get the new ball saver sound and Geneva voice fx in the video...

Things like this makes the game much more involving, and to me ads a lot.

My goal is to give the game a movie like feel, and to have the sound drag you into the gameplay with really dynamic and suitable efffects and music.

Some gameplay at the start of the video, and later on I have cheated my way to show you some of the different modes.

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

Holy cow, this is huge improvement over the stock soundtrack and call-outs! I can see why it's been so time consuming. I have a few questions...
Do the new call-outs also work with the Edgar Winter music, or will you have to duplicate your work?
What did you replace the stock speakers with? It sounds great!
And finally, are you willing to share your work once you're finished (please say yes)?

Thank you!

A lot of sounds did not make it onto the video I`m afraid, but you get the idea

The sound on the video is a mix of a line out recording from the pinsound board and the microphone in my phone, BUT, I did replace the stock speakers (total garbage by the way) with some good quality car stereo speakers. They where not expencive at all, and a huge upgrade in sound. And I replaced the cabinet speaker with a 10" subwoofer. It really gives a fantastic impact on the sound experience.

I actually replacd the Edgar Winter music with the movie soundtrack, but you can use whatever music you want, the sound effects and callout are the same

Yes, I will upload to the pinsound community as soon as I am completely done with the mix. Trying to make new jackpot sounds, but my throat is getting soar from all the yelling, hahah, had to take a break...

If you are interested PM me, and I can share the work in progress mix with you.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

So do you lose the ability to select a different soundtrack at the start of the game?

No, you can put a different song in that folder on your USB drive. The different modes however I think have the same music. I need to check this.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

can you tell us which car speakers you used? sound is shitty on this game.

I used these ones: http://www.biltema.no/no/Bil---MC/Bilstereo/Hoyttalere/Bilhoyttalere-2000030781/

Around 20 bucks

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I saw you will upload to the pinsound community, please do.You are doing a great job, MSF is a keeper to me, plus, I like the underated movie. Please post it in this thread when you upload Thank you.

Thank you!
I will make sure to tell you when I upload!
The game is sooo much nicer to play with this upgrade, and since you like the movie, like I do, it will be even more exiting with all the other quotes not present in the video

4 months later
#378 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Nearly finished. Mirror blades and Cliffys are in. Only one thing left to do... playing the crap out of it.

And get a pinsound card with my mix on it

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

If I get a Pinsound for my MSF, is the download free? I got one for my Tommy, great. Love the movie soundtrack you did.

Yes, it is free
There is a link in the video description.
Thank you!

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s friggin awesome. Do you have roms or uploadable media available with your mix on them?

Hey. You Will need a pinsound audio board. The audio is free to download
There is a link in the video description.

1 week later
#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

They hold up excellent on Frank. I haven’t seen lifting or shifting around like you do on other games.
And the Geneva scoop is very proximal to the flips and gets pounded. I’ve never even seen mine budge.

Same here

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Hazzard, I gotta have your download. I should be ordering a Pinsound, soon .

Nice, just PM me if you need any hjelp with that

2 months later
#412 5 years ago

New pinsound mix available at the pinsound community page, for anyone interested

1 week later
#417 5 years ago

I bought from this place. Works great!

http://shedspace.net/?page_id=193

1 month later
#427 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Holy crap ! That's a huge improvement! So much that this game has sparked my interest! Anyone looking to unload a restored version can pm me. No beaters!

Hi! I can tell you that the latest version is a whole lot better than the one in the YouTube video. I can PM you some sample clips later this week if you're interested.

#430 5 years ago

Here's a few clips of gameplay with my pinsound mix. While the family was painting Christmas decorations, I was recording this, so excuse my crappy playing, as I was waiting for my wife to yell at me for ruining Christmas

#432 5 years ago

You should go for it!

3 months later
#473 4 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

New to the club! ColorDMD and art blades ordered.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Looks like you also have a BSD, same as me. You should consider upgrading them with a pinsound board, that's a game changer for sure

1 month later
#501 4 years ago

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count and end of game, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

4 months later
#561 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Back in the club as of Friday!! Very nice example with color DMD. What a mistake it was trading my other one last year....stoked to have one back.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Remember to try my pinsound mix!

1 year later
#666 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

That looks like some really good stuff. We all need that on our ramps. My upper left is in pitiful shape, lots of glue. You would think if so many people need them, they would make them.
I put a Pinsound on mine, the guy that did the program is from Sweden, named Hazzard. Check out YouTube, if you haven’t heard it. It made it definitely a keeper.

Norway that is, but thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.