pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#645 3 years ago

I installed the newest pinstadium today in our new Frankenstein. The fusion neo. This new version has a diffuser over the main LED strip used for the GI's. It keeps you from seeing the individual glare on the playfield of each LED in the strip. With the diffuser, it's a glow not a pointed light reflected back at you.

It's around $500 & it is absolutely amazing. They just had a $75 off sale... that I missed. Whoops! You could wait for the next sale or just buy em. IMHO, they're worth the $500. Even better if you could buy them on sale for $425 though!

This is the first one I've installed and thanks to cary hardy's youtube video, it was very straightforward and impossible to mess up. It took me about an hour as I was being careful and finicky with light color choices. If i get another one or move this one to another game, I'd be able to install in 30 mins I think.

The first pic is dark room, PF glass off, pinstadium off. >>>This game has Comet LEDs installed by the previous owner<<<

2nd pic is same darkness, PF glass off but with pinstadium warm white GI on.

3rd pic is overhead lights on in the room, PF glass on, pinstadium cool white GI on. These look much bluer in the pic than they are in person. This light matches well with all the blue on the playfield.

Last pic is lights on in the room, PF glass on and pinstadium off. I had the glass on in the last 2 pics to show how game would be in normal playing mode. Interestingly enough, more light under the glass means less glare on top of the glass for the player. This is an added benefit I hadn't even thought about.

What you can't see (without a video of gameplay) are the flashers in the "orion's belt" part of the pinstadium. this game has many insert flashers of different colors. There's a blue insert flasher, a yellow one and the previous owner put a blue flasher under frank. Plus, there's the 4 red flashers above the playfield. The orions belt gives you 4 separate pairs of wires that can be connected to 4 different flashers and the color can be programmed in the app to any color you choose. I chose to make the pinstadium flash red when the games red flasher activate, blue when frank or the blue insert flashed and yellow when the yellow insert flashed. This makes gameplay so much more exciting! Instead of 1 or 2 small flashers flashing, the entire PF flashes! And you can change the brightness of any LED in the pinstadium app. if the flash is too bright, just dial it back a little.

Such a cool aftermarket product.

IMG_20201023_115455 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_115455 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_115510 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_115510 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121502 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121502 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121520 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121520 (resized).jpg

#651 3 years ago

Question... is Frank's head supposed to move? When I manually move mine from side to side I can feel & hear gears & a motor that is likely supposed to move the head BUT I have never seen the head move during gameplay.

I've done the "cycling coils" test and didn't see it move either. His arms move though.

Is there a specific test to see if my frank head is doing what it's supposed to? What is the likely cause of a head not moving.

Thanks

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

It should move, mine does not either.
Servo test in the test menu is the one you need.

Mine had a new motor/servo installed but the head just did a few tiny jerking motions. I decided to remove the body. I removed both 1/4 hex head bolts holding the front of frank's body down and the head starting moving 100% freely from side to side! I put the bolts back in and the head stopped moving correctly. Evidently, the head and body can rub when the body is tightened completely? It still has the 2 rear bolts in & tight so the body is held very well even with both front bolts missing.

So, if you can hear your servo motor working and the head isn't moving or it's erratic, try this "fix".

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Thanks for the advice!
Unfortunately my issue is on the cpu board haha.
Thinking about shotgunning and replacing a few components

Mine had that small computer driver board replaced at the same time as the servo motor. Evidently, it's an issue on this game. Pinball life probably has the board for not a lot of money.

Found the board and the servo but it's not exactly cheap. https://www.tntamusementsstore.com/wptnt/product/segas-frankenstein-head-motor-control-board/

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

I know they are often broken, but in my game this board does not even get the right signals from the cpu (clock, enable, data) I think.
Do you have a multimeter?
I really could use the voltages on connector cn3 on the cpu

Yes but I only use it to check fuses.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

a cheap mod for frank would be to install a color changing led in the spotlight on the fiend. when you go crazy plasma bumpers or great to replace the regular bumpers and a color display looks great with it

All the color changing bulbs I have used have always been dim. I've never seen one bright enough to use in a spotlight. Are there some that I haven't found?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=d0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.