pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 6 years ago

need to know where lower ramp all connects to the playfield. seems like my lower left corner of ramp is kinda flimsy... only place mine is connecting is the 2 ramp screws at the flap and on the slingshot. is there supposed to be another ramp support somewhere?

5 months later
#200 6 years ago

wow, someone wants $3200 for a franky on here now? surely these haven't reached these prices yet have they? If so, I'm selling!

3 weeks later
#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Man! Your pin looks bright! That is just danged BEAUTIFUL!!! I wish mine could look like that. I've put in LED's everywhere I could find a place to put them, but mine sure doesn't shine like yours!!! Care to share the secret? Heck, your pin is so pretty it makes me want to go out and buy one! Ha.
And yes . . . this is a severely under-rated pin! Unique and great game play. I can't figure out why it doesn't get any love, unless it is fear of that big display . . . knowing how costly they are to replace (and the problems a lot of people have with them) and how difficult it is to even find one.
By the way . . . does your head work? Turn back and forth? I've put in two new servos and still it doesn't move. If you've had to repair yours, then also share any info on that too please, especially where you bought the servo. I got mine through some online RC stores. Maybe those don't work and you have to buy one from a pinball parts distributor?
Mike in Kentucky

Its usually not the servo, its the board... and nobody on the planet can fix them. I know, I recently had one of the best board repairman in the country try.

#231 6 years ago

Can anybody post some pics of how the right ramp is supported in the back. I took apart to shop it and its sat for 2 years and i cant figure out if there was some hex nuts it sits on or what?

57F059DD-0635-413E-8AD2-B82ACACAAFD9 (resized).jpeg57F059DD-0635-413E-8AD2-B82ACACAAFD9 (resized).jpeg

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I think the problem is not the electronic repair of the servo controller board, it is the pic firmware controlling the servo.
If the pic16c56 is defective you need to program a new one and without the code it is impossible to get a working controller.
But if nobody has extracted the code so far, it should not be to hard to reengineer the functionality of the firmware and
write the code from scratch.
This ApplicationNote could help as a starting point.
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/cn/AppNotes/cn_00696a.pdf

yes you're right it is the code that he couldn't copy.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Can anybody post some pics of how the right ramp is supported in the back. I took apart to shop it and its sat for 2 years and i cant figure out if there was some hex nuts it sits on or what?

anybody??

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Hi, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I tried to get some pics with my GoPro for you. They're here on my Google Drive. Not sure how helpful they'll be - let me know if there's a specific angle that you need.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ygGzJ2Nd-jWHJNa1ViMG9DZ3c

I just need all the areas where the ramp is attached to the machine, weather it be sitting on a post or screwed in to something else. what supports the middle ramp? I know the 2 small ramp screws secure it to the playfield, but where else is it secured at in the back? to hold it up off playfield.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I just need all the areas where the ramp is attached to the machine, weather it be sitting on a post or screwed in to something else. what supports the middle ramp? I know the 2 small ramp screws secure it to the playfield, but where else is it secured at in the back? to hold it up off playfield.

bump

#258 6 years ago

where did you buy them at?

1 week later
#265 6 years ago

ok, how did you get the plastic ramps orange?

#278 6 years ago

looking to sell nice franky, 90% shopped out, just needs finished, works great, frankie works too. in st. louis

#282 6 years ago

can somebody tell me how many places on the middle ramp is it secured to the playfield. I currently have 3 spots, should there be four?

#289 6 years ago

no, I'm talking about the plastic lower ramp. how many places is it secured to to playfield. I got the 2 ramp screws that hold it in, 1 screw on left side that sits on the hex post by the pop bumper, and 1 screw where the ball falls into the inlane on the end of the ramp. Is there any more places on ramp it attaches to the playfield or has a support bracket? seems left side of plastic ramp should be secured somewhere towards the back left corner.

#294 6 years ago

ok, that's what I'm missing then! thanks soo much. one more question...... the top plastic ramp sit on top of the 2 metal brackets in the very back or go underneath them. looks like yours is on top, but cant quite tell.

#296 6 years ago

ok, thank you, it was the eyes bracket/support I didn't have. I got the plastic piece but that's it. I see on the front of eye plastic its just riveted to a little "L" shaped bracket, I guess back bracket is the same type too? also, guess top plastic ramp goes on top of the 2 metal support brackets on the back??? I think mine was attached underneath those 2 metal tabs. it looks like yours is resting on top of them.

#297 6 years ago

Funny, my eye plastic isnt even drilled for holes on left side!

EB2351E9-F2DA-4247-B1F4-BEA4198B27BA (resized).jpegEB2351E9-F2DA-4247-B1F4-BEA4198B27BA (resized).jpeg

#298 6 years ago

Where do these go guys?

442E6D38-FD33-411A-A92B-9674DBBA14FF (resized).jpeg442E6D38-FD33-411A-A92B-9674DBBA14FF (resized).jpeg

#300 6 years ago

does anybody else help on this site besides Colsond3? come on guys!!!

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I stuck the eyes plastic between the inside of the left wall of the left ramp return and the flasher. Near the left inlane, just attached it to the same post used the attack the lower portion of the ramp.

any pics???

2 months later
#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So no, not just two. Starting at the bottom of the playfield, there is the hex extender on the left slingshot, another longer hex extender behind the green pop bumper, the "eyes plastic" at the top of the green pop bumper, and two support brackets on the top of the playfield under the display.
The eyes plastic supports a good portion of the ramp above the pops.

where is the one behind the green pop bumper at? not the eyes plastic, but another mount?

#343 6 years ago

ok after contacting 4 people I finally figured out where my ramp needed to be secured at to stable it up. turns out there is a 1 3/4 inch hex post right behind frankies hand that supports the ramp. damn, I'm glad that's over!

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Hi ccbiggsoo7,
could you please provide some picture from the hex post you mention?
Was just wondering the same when rebuilding Franky: the lower plastic ramp (=the biggest one) on my game is a bit wobbly and only supported by 2 scresw at the entry flap-followed by the "eyes" plastic-the long post behind the green bumper and finally at the post at the left slingshot.
Seems there should be some additional support at the back of the ramp ?

well I tried the 1 3/4 inch hex that guy had in his game, it raised my ramp up to high, so I guess i'll try 1 1/2 or 1 1/4.

#349 6 years ago

Anybody else have this hex post here?? Whats the length of it?

52FE377C-AE05-4123-8DD2-D61081E3F282 (resized).jpeg52FE377C-AE05-4123-8DD2-D61081E3F282 (resized).jpeg

FAACD567-6C7D-4D0C-A67B-BBFE218E3654 (resized).jpegFAACD567-6C7D-4D0C-A67B-BBFE218E3654 (resized).jpeg

08D6AB10-4263-4CDD-AEDD-52AE8233B6C4 (resized).jpeg08D6AB10-4263-4CDD-AEDD-52AE8233B6C4 (resized).jpeg

#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Thank you!
A lot of sounds did not make it onto the video I`m afraid, but you get the idea
The sound on the video is a mix of a line out recording from the pinsound board and the microphone in my phone, BUT, I did replace the stock speakers (total garbage by the way) with some good quality car stereo speakers. They where not expencive at all, and a huge upgrade in sound. And I replaced the cabinet speaker with a 10" subwoofer. It really gives a fantastic impact on the sound experience.
I actually replacd the Edgar Winter music with the movie soundtrack, but you can use whatever music you want, the sound effects and callout are the same
Yes, I will upload to the pinsound community as soon as I am completely done with the mix. Trying to make new jackpot sounds, but my throat is getting soar from all the yelling, hahah, had to take a break...
If you are interested PM me, and I can share the work in progress mix with you.

can you tell us which car speakers you used? sound is shitty on this game.

#352 6 years ago

bump

#360 6 years ago

yeah I know its for added support, just wondering whats the correct length of the support supposed to be?

1 month later
#369 5 years ago

im leaving the club if anybody is interested in a nice freshly shopped franky. its on stl. craigslist and on here!

2 months later
#380 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

im leaving the club if anybody is interested in a nice freshly shopped franky. its on stl. craigslist and on here!

still available

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Half of one of Franks fingers is broken on my game anyone have luck fixing it or making a extender?

epoxy should hold it

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I dont have the broken finger. It came like that.

which hand?

1 month later
#409 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone sell plastic sets for Frank?

I got a lot of plastics to sell for frankie.

4 months later
#438 5 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

closing coin door worked
HELP AGAIN
i had to replace the ball launcher bracket since it broke the other day.. so i replaced it now it doesn't work and 3 other coils aren't working... Geneva, Sarco and the graveyard are no working any ideas they were working fine.. when i do a coil test nothing is happening...
any Help would be appreciated

prob blew a fuse when you fixed the other thing. or didn't hook something up correctly. if it worked before, its something you did. check fuses first.

2 weeks later
#444 5 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Thanks for the help it was the fuse when i checked last night guess i didn't notice.. for now i took another fuse 5a and put it where the coil fuse goes 4a and it works great all the coils are working again. just don't have the laser kick back working until i get a new fuse..
thanks again

make sure you change that back asap to the right size fuse.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You could blow the transistor on the driver board, and burn out or damage anything that is on the same circuit. You can under fuse, you can’t over fuse.

yup, no need to take a small prob and make it a large one.

1 week later
#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Anyone happen to have a set of the black lightning bolt inlane plastics or possibly a scan of them? Picked up an MSF and it is missing these and also missing the clear plastic cover for the right ramp that keeps air balls from hitting the wire form ramp for the north pole shot.
Thanks..

sounds like my old machine. did you buy it in st. louis?

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yep took it in as partial trade.

took me over 2 yrs to find the plastics for that game. never could find the black lightning bolts ones.

2 weeks later
#464 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

There is a 5 pin connector on the display to the power supply at CN6.[quoted image][quoted image]

reflow solder on this connection that goes to dmd board notorious for being flakey.

2 months later
#477 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Does anyone out there need a set of inlane plastics?
I made up a new set because my machine was missing them and I made a few extras $25 plus shipping for a pair.

lets see them ven, never could find them when I owned that game. I looked for 3 yrs. found all the other plastics but those.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Here is a quick picture of them.[quoted image]

damn, wish you were around about 4 yrs ago making these!

2 weeks later
#495 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

That is exactly why I haven't tried on this game. Would love to have that bright shiny finish but the risk reward just didn't seem worth it.

you'd be surprised how polishing mylar with treasure cove kit and a buff pad on a drill will clear it up.

2 years later
#794 2 years ago
Quoted from slizzap:

Thanks for the input. I ended up buying the full LED kit from Marco Specialties. I'm glad I did since it came with absolutely everything I needed including maps and a spreadsheet detailing what type of bulb and color. Really made it simple...was able to replace all the lights over the span of 2 nights. However, I think I may have been missing a few LEDs in the kit, as I have a couple questions for anyone that can help:
1) There are 4 Jackpot graphic/LEDs on the playfield. What color should they all be? I ended up with a red flashing Jackpot in front of the ramp, the left orbit has a graphic over it, so that is basically red/orange, and the remaining 2 Jackpots are white. I would assume they should all be the same, but need confirmation.
2) For those that replaced LEDs, there are exposed lights with colored plastic boots over the lights for the 2 scoops (Geneva and Sarcophagus) and for the 3 North Pole lights. Did you guys place the rubber boots back over the LEDs, or did you simply put colored LEDs and leave them exposed? If you did re-use the rubber boots, anyone know where I can find them? I'm missing the ones for the scoops.
Oh and I did end up ordering the 3 x Cliffy's a couple weeks back...still waiting for them to arrive.
Thanks.

paid 3x what you should of though

1 month later
#813 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

There has been a discussion on this thread about the eyes plastic, hard to find. There is one listed on eBay right now.

i got one id sell, along with lots of other plastics from this game.

1 month later
#822 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Do you have a list. Of the items

no, just pm me what plastics you need and maybe i have them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=ccbiggsoo7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.