View topic image gallery

20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
After (resized).jpg
Before (resized).jpg
CreatureThrow (resized).jpg
DamagedMylar-Fixed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rappelbox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 7 years ago

Hope, you like what you see...

Same display mounted to a batman forever!

More info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

Greetings,
Dom

1 year later
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

I haven't found this mentioned anywhere, and I'm curious. Does everyone's MSF say, "In memory of Louis Boasberg" in the credits? Google tells me that he was an operator in the 40's.

Yes it does.

Let me fix your strange color on your DMD. Who did that?

#153 6 years ago

crunchysue each panel is secured by screws on the back of the acrylic frame. if you loosen them slightly it is possible to adjust the panels. Start with the middle one as this fixed mostly all missalignments.

Doesn't this look better?

Screenshot (129).pngScreenshot (129).png

#156 6 years ago

Ok, we'll figure out the issue together...
1. it seems like the settings are not read correct any more, the the colors are off in direction.
Is the SD-Card seated correctly? It is a push-in/push-out reader, so make sure it is not just slided in.

1 week later
#195 6 years ago

Hi pintucky!

I am very aware of the issue with your board.
I’ll also address it publicly so that everybody can read. There have been sold more then a few of these displays from around a year ago. If there would have been general issues, trust me there would have way more people reporting and wanting a refund or rebuilt controllers.

To make things short, you get a new controller within 2 weeks from today or a total refund and you can keep the device.
If Crash is willing to spend time and effort on it he can figure the issue of that particular unit out.

Honestly I never questioned the abilities of crash, but we need to talk in a different way since these harsh words don’t lead to an objective result.

We already have this discussion in different threads, also on different forums... so please don’t get me wrong but please let’s keep this thread clear of the technical issues of different dmd options and get to the original topic of this thread.
I can only kindly ask you to MAIL me directly to [email protected] and not PM me. Same goes for @crash.

Kind regards,
Dom

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Oh, that must be what this thing is! I'll search YouTube for some instructions on how to use it.

Your post shows a ST-Link V2.
This device is used to update 1st and 2nd generation PIN2DMD-XL devices (small black PCBs) like your set is.

3 weeks later
#227 6 years ago

Hey mima, im sure you’ve read the last posts very carefully... it has been clearly stated that most possibly not the Pin2dmd is the issue in this particular case, but possibly the dmd controller board.

You’re right, around 7 minutes MAY be shorter than around 10-15 minutes (I never counted, neither did my customers since it’s unnecessary) but a shorter install doesn’t automatically mean a longer satisfaction.

I have the highest respect for luis‘ engineering skills (since they are higher than mine) but I have the strongest doubts he will solve ALL issues the Pin2dmd firmware has been through over the last almost 2 years. Nevertheless, I wish him good luck.
Hope he will solve the small “last line bug“ in an upcoming firmware and he gets to manage the new panel type. I have been really thankful for lucky1 to find out and fix it in pin2dmd firmware.

1 month later
#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's always good to hear success stories, thank you! It was a fun adventure for me, now that we have real color LED panels with PinballSP and ColorDMD I've stopped updating the parts links in those threads. The information is out there and parts are still available if people is are willing to do a few more minutes of research.

Neither color dmd or pinballsp have a WORKING led panel for Frankenstein. The only available solution apart from smartdmd (great kit!!!) is still Pin2dmd-xl.

Once Baywatch and Batman Forever are finished I start coloring Frankenstein. First few pictures are very promising but these have a loooot of different animations and stuff to do.

#316 6 years ago

What about the last line bug? Is it fixed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rappelbox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info?tu=Rappelbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.