pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Thank you!
A lot of sounds did not make it onto the video I`m afraid, but you get the idea
The sound on the video is a mix of a line out recording from the pinsound board and the microphone in my phone, BUT, I did replace the stock speakers (total garbage by the way) with some good quality car stereo speakers. They where not expencive at all, and a huge upgrade in sound. And I replaced the cabinet speaker with a 10" subwoofer. It really gives a fantastic impact on the sound experience.
I actually replacd the Edgar Winter music with the movie soundtrack, but you can use whatever music you want, the sound effects and callout are the same
Yes, I will upload to the pinsound community as soon as I am completely done with the mix. Trying to make new jackpot sounds, but my throat is getting soar from all the yelling, hahah, had to take a break...
If you are interested PM me, and I can share the work in progress mix with you.

can you tell us which car speakers you used? sound is shitty on this game.

#352 6 years ago

bump

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

So do you lose the ability to select a different soundtrack at the start of the game?

No, you can put a different song in that folder on your USB drive. The different modes however I think have the same music. I need to check this.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

can you tell us which car speakers you used? sound is shitty on this game.

I used these ones: http://www.biltema.no/no/Bil---MC/Bilstereo/Hoyttalere/Bilhoyttalere-2000030781/

Around 20 bucks

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Thank you!
A lot of sounds did not make it onto the video I`m afraid, but you get the idea
The sound on the video is a mix of a line out recording from the pinsound board and the microphone in my phone, BUT, I did replace the stock speakers (total garbage by the way) with some good quality car stereo speakers. They where not expencive at all, and a huge upgrade in sound. And I replaced the cabinet speaker with a 10" subwoofer. It really gives a fantastic impact on the sound experience.
I actually replacd the Edgar Winter music with the movie soundtrack, but you can use whatever music you want, the sound effects and callout are the same
Yes, I will upload to the pinsound community as soon as I am completely done with the mix. Trying to make new jackpot sounds, but my throat is getting soar from all the yelling, hahah, had to take a break...
If you are interested PM me, and I can share the work in progress mix with you.

I saw you will upload to the pinsound community, please do.You are doing a great job, MSF is a keeper to me, plus, I like the underated movie. Please post it in this thread when you upload Thank you.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I saw you will upload to the pinsound community, please do.You are doing a great job, MSF is a keeper to me, plus, I like the underated movie. Please post it in this thread when you upload Thank you.

Thank you!
I will make sure to tell you when I upload!
The game is sooo much nicer to play with this upgrade, and since you like the movie, like I do, it will be even more exiting with all the other quotes not present in the video

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Thank you!
I will make sure to tell you when I upload!
The game is sooo much nicer to play with this upgrade, and since you like the movie, like I do, it will be even more exiting with all the other quotes not present in the video

I put a pinsound in my Tommy, what a difference. The Who should have always been on it. Same feelings on the movie should be on this one. All the actors & actresses are top knotch. I even bought the movie dvd. Looking forward to the upload,thanks,again.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Anybody else have this hex post here?? Whats the length of it?

Thanks for your pictures!

My Franky does not have that post installed. I have the impression it was added by a previous owner

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Anybody else have this hex post here?? Whats the length of it?

I have a rubber post sleeve there on mine. It is to support the ramp. I will bet your hex is also to support.

#360 6 years ago

yeah I know its for added support, just wondering whats the correct length of the support supposed to be?

#361 6 years ago

I’ve never seen that support post on the game I have shopped out. But I imagine it’s supposed to be factory.

1 month later
#363 6 years ago

ColorDMD X-LED DISPLAY! Limited Pilot Run
We are now accepting orders through our store site: http://shop.colordmd.com
Houston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-24_08-08-47 (resized).pngHouston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-24_08-08-47 (resized).png

1 week later
#364 5 years ago

I just ordered one. Anybody else? (I never got my PIN2DMD working, and never got Dom to answer my emails, so I gave up.)

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

ColorDMD X-LED DISPLAY! Limited Pilot Run
We are now accepting orders through our store site: http://shop.colordmd.com

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

I just ordered one. Anybody else? (I never got my PIN2DMD working, and never got Dom to answer my emails, so I gave up.)

I probably will when they convert the dots, but mine came with a Dr Pinball which allows me to have 4 colors instead of orange.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Sorry to hear Dom has wasted yet another paying customer’s time. I installed PinballSP’s version for a friend in his Frankenstein and it works awesome! Build quality is second to none, absolutely no complaints. Louis also frequents the forum and is willing to help his patrons after taking their money! It just doesn’t offer full color support yet.

54A30998-F07C-4613-B942-437C2325BE9D (resized).jpeg54A30998-F07C-4613-B942-437C2325BE9D (resized).jpeg
32A5F009-9A74-4C4B-874D-98A346A779BE (resized).jpeg32A5F009-9A74-4C4B-874D-98A346A779BE (resized).jpeg

#367 5 years ago

More importantly, he wasted my fucking money. I think ColorDMD is a reputable company, and have high hopes for their product and customer service. I've read good things about PinballSP, too. Today I had a question about installation of the ColorDMD, so I emailed them, and they responded in just under an hour.

Quoted from Crash:

Sorry to hear Dom has wasted yet another paying customer’s time. I installed PinballSP’s version for a friend in his Frankenstein and it works awesome! Build quality is second to none, absolutely no complaints. Louis also frequents the forum and is willing to help his patrons after taking their money! It just doesn’t offer full color support yet.

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

I just heard back from Clive (http://www.coinopcauldron.com) today about my CPU and DMD Controller boards that I sent him last month. Hopefully in a week or so, I'll have my Frank up and running! Here's his email, FYI:

Quoted from crunchysue:

First of all it was not a problem with PIN2DMD but a defective Sega controller board in your machine. I helped you to locate that problem and gave you the address where to get it repaired. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/5#post-4057252)
Now you a talking bad about PIN2DMD and have never asked me for installation help since you received your repaired Sega CPU and DMD controller ??!!

#369 5 years ago

im leaving the club if anybody is interested in a nice freshly shopped franky. its on stl. craigslist and on here!

1 month later
#370 5 years ago

I just picked up the ColorDMD replacement for this an it is awesome. I have it currently set to green, and look forward to the full color ROM in the future.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from BeatBachs:

I just picked up the ColorDMD replacement for this an it is awesome. I have it currently set to green, and look forward to the full color ROM in the future.

Seems a yellow -gold would be a better color match for the game over green.

1 week later
#372 5 years ago

I picked up a Frankie this past weekend and have spent the entire weekend cleaning the smoke residue off every piece and surface. It must have sat in an Italian bar (Spain re-import) for years since I have never seen electronics, switches and surfaces so covered in soot. But all is well and every bit is getting the cleaning treatment. Simple green and a magic eraser are my new best friend.

The games plays well and except for the broken upper ramp in the back (temporarily fixed with zip ties and clear packing tape) everything seems to be functioning well. My dmd is resetting but will soon be fixed with a new wiring harness on order.

The artwork is beautiful and Frankie himself is well detailed. I thought I'd just give him a makeover since he looked a little too cartoonish for the theme. I can't wait to add led's and some stadium lighting. So glad to be part of the club.

20180621_151413 (resized).jpg20180621_151413 (resized).jpg20180625_103535 (resized).jpg20180625_103535 (resized).jpg
#373 5 years ago

Progress on my Frankie is coming along. I just added led's, cleaned and waxed the playfield, added GNR coils, illuminated flipper buttons, new translight, Titan rubbers, and upgraded the dmd power supply harness. It plays like a new game. Making the right ramp used to be extremely difficult before but now plays the way it should. It went from slow and boring to fast and fun. It may just be a keeper. Mirror blades go on tomorrow. Only if I could get a set of cabinet decals would this be perfect.

20180628_142600 (resized).jpg20180628_142600 (resized).jpg20180630_184443 (resized).jpg20180630_184443 (resized).jpg
#374 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Progress on my Frankie is coming along. I just added led's, cleaned and waxed the playfield, added GNR coils, illuminated flipper buttons, new translight, Titan rubbers, and upgraded the dmd power supply harness. It plays like a new game. Making the right ramp used to be extremely difficult before but now plays the way it should. It went from slow and boring to fast and fun. It may just be a keeper. Mirror blades go on tomorrow. Only if I could get a set of cabinet decals would this be perfect.

Nice choice on orange flip rubbers. game looks much better after your treatment. Add some Convolux plastics. Brightens up the lower PF even more once you throw the mirror blades on...And allows you to get rid of the protective washers also.

805F209C-DA23-4A53-AC09-47A76705287D (resized).jpeg805F209C-DA23-4A53-AC09-47A76705287D (resized).jpegA2021A19-24FC-4180-8E3C-8296911E5DA5 (resized).jpegA2021A19-24FC-4180-8E3C-8296911E5DA5 (resized).jpeg
#375 5 years ago

Hello, first off thanks for all info on here on msf. I got this machine a year ago and have it all working fine except for boot up. If I leave coin door open and give it 5 minutes it finally boots up and plays perfect for as long as I leave it on. I can turn it on and off if I don't wait over a half hour and it turns right back on. If coin door is shut on initial boot up it will blow fuse on ball launch and others randomly. Have tested power supply for 5v and it takes it about 5 minutes to get to five volts. Have tested everything on power supply and all is in spec even replaced a couple capacitors that were iffy. Would the big blue 2 capacitors have anything to do with this? Dont want buy power supply until Im sure. Thank you Nick

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nice choice on orange flip rubbers. game looks much better after your treatment. Add some Convolux plastics. Brightens up the lower PF even more once you throw the mirror blades on...And allows you to get rid of the protective washers also.

Those look nice! I wonder what orange would do? I might have to give them a go. Those would be right below my spotlights so they should pop right out. I have since replaced the red washers for clear ones so you can’t see them. I finally got my mirror blades in and finished touching up the cabinet. Cliffys are going in tomorrow morning. Then it will be complete. All this and I have yet to break 1.8 billion. That left orbit is so fricken tough! The post on my ice cave stops it every time.

#377 5 years ago

Nearly finished. Mirror blades and Cliffys are in. Only one thing left to do... playing the crap out of it.

20180706_102904 (resized).jpg20180706_102904 (resized).jpg20180706_104529 (resized).jpg20180706_104529 (resized).jpg
#378 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Nearly finished. Mirror blades and Cliffys are in. Only one thing left to do... playing the crap out of it.

And get a pinsound card with my mix on it

#379 5 years ago

Half of one of Franks fingers is broken on my game anyone have luck fixing it or making a extender?

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

im leaving the club if anybody is interested in a nice freshly shopped franky. its on stl. craigslist and on here!

still available

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Half of one of Franks fingers is broken on my game anyone have luck fixing it or making a extender?

epoxy should hold it

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

epoxy should hold it

I would drill a hole in the finger and the hand where it's broken and put a pin in before you use epoxy.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I would drill a hole in the finger and the hand where it's broken and put a pin in before you use epoxy.

I dont have the broken finger. It came like that.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Missing finger? Either sculpt a new one out of putty epoxy or buy one from Marco specialties (left hand out of stock).
www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5248-01

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Missing finger? Either sculpt a new one out of putty epoxy or buy one from Marco specialties (left hand out of stock).
www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5248-01

Thank you

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Which arm is it Gabe? I have an extra one laying around somewhere. Not sure if it’s right or left though.

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

That’s friggin awesome. Do you have roms or uploadable media available with your mix on them?

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Which arm is it Gabe? I have an extra one laying around somewhere. Not sure if it’s right or left though.

If your facing the machine ready to play the arm on the right.

#389 5 years ago

I'm picking up a very nice Frank next weekend. Looking forward to stripping her down and giving her the pintastic treatment with Titan rubbers and a few more things but she is already very nice.

IMG_1709 (resized).JPGIMG_1709 (resized).JPGIMG_1710 (resized).JPGIMG_1710 (resized).JPGIMG_1711 (resized).JPGIMG_1711 (resized).JPGIMG_1712 (resized).JPGIMG_1712 (resized).JPGIMG_1713 (resized).JPGIMG_1713 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1724 (resized).JPGIMG_1724 (resized).JPGIMG_1725 (resized).JPGIMG_1725 (resized).JPGIMG_1726 (resized).JPGIMG_1726 (resized).JPG
#390 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

If I get a Pinsound for my MSF, is the download free? I got one for my Tommy, great. Love the movie soundtrack you did.

#391 5 years ago

I picked up the shooter rod lever. Wish stern would start making fun shooter rods again.

So far I have the :

LAH gun
Jurassic Park Gun
GNR Rose
MSF Lever

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

If I get a Pinsound for my MSF, is the download free? I got one for my Tommy, great. Love the movie soundtrack you did.

Yes, it is free
There is a link in the video description.
Thank you!

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s friggin awesome. Do you have roms or uploadable media available with your mix on them?

Hey. You Will need a pinsound audio board. The audio is free to download
There is a link in the video description.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

which hand?

#395 5 years ago

About to go see the film - Mary Shelley

1 week later
#396 5 years ago

Those of you guys with cliffys on the scoops. How are they holding up? Does the bevel on the scoop cause problems with the longevity of them?

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Those of you guys with cliffys on the scoops. How are they holding up? Does the bevel on the scoop cause problems with the longevity of them?

They hold up excellent on Frank. I haven’t seen lifting or shifting around like you do on other games.

And the Geneva scoop is very proximal to the flips and gets pounded. I’ve never even seen mine budge.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

They hold up excellent on Frank. I haven’t seen lifting or shifting around like you do on other games.
And the Geneva scoop is very proximal to the flips and gets pounded. I’ve never even seen mine budge.

Same here

#399 5 years ago

When I got Cliffys for mine, I asked for a protector for the Ice Cave, it really takes a beating. He has 1 for it that was not on his site. Hazzard, I gotta have your download. I should be ordering a Pinsound, soon .

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Hazzard, I gotta have your download. I should be ordering a Pinsound, soon .

Nice, just PM me if you need any hjelp with that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/8?hl=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.