pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Hi, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I tried to get some pics with my GoPro for you. They're here on my Google Drive. Not sure how helpful they'll be - let me know if there's a specific angle that you need.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ygGzJ2Nd-jWHJNa1ViMG9DZ3c

I just need all the areas where the ramp is attached to the machine, weather it be sitting on a post or screwed in to something else. what supports the middle ramp? I know the 2 small ramp screws secure it to the playfield, but where else is it secured at in the back? to hold it up off playfield.

#252 6 years ago

Thanks. Here's U28 (TL7705) and also Pin #20 on the large ribbon cable.

Quoted from lucky1:

You are bit too fast for autosync and only measure pins 1 to 10 but still a few things I can recognize. Pin5 seems to have a signal and pin 6 to 9 are high.
Pin 6 and 8 are input pins and should have a signal, so the problem seems to be earlier.
Please check functionality of the TL7705 wether it resets.

#253 6 years ago

With all the ramps and stuff on the playfield, I can't see where they connect. Sorry that doesn't help!

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I just need all the areas where the ramp is attached to the machine, weather it be sitting on a post or screwed in to something else. what supports the middle ramp? I know the 2 small ramp screws secure it to the playfield, but where else is it secured at in the back? to hold it up off playfield.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Thanks. Here's U28 (TL7705) and also Pin #20 on the large ribbon cable.
» YouTube video

Seems to be constantly high which means it is resetting all the time. Either defective or 5V supply too low !

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

bump

#256 6 years ago

Just installed Cliffy protectors. They fit perfectly and fully cover the existing chipping!

IMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPG

IMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPG

IMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPG

IMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPG

#257 6 years ago

I have some, but haven't installed them yet. Good to know they fit well!

Quoted from Crash:

Just installed Cliffy protectors. They fit perfectly and fully cover the existing chipping!

#258 6 years ago

where did you buy them at?

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

I have some, but haven't installed them yet. Good to know they fit well!

The front tab that slips underneath the playfield can be tricky to line up but once it is the whole thing slides forward and the holes line up no problem.

#261 6 years ago

I put the pinballbulbs.com ultimate led kit , it’s looks good.

3DC12AF6-8AC4-44F4-94E7-ACFB047A1035 (resized).jpeg3DC12AF6-8AC4-44F4-94E7-ACFB047A1035 (resized).jpeg

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from CommanderJim:

I put the pinballbulbs.com ultimate led kit , it’s looks good.

Is your armor powder coated? And what molding do you have around the backbox? Mind shooting a pic with the lights on?

#263 6 years ago

Here is a pic with the lights on.

8D728043-2675-4AEC-8AE7-E4032AD074E2 (resized).jpeg8D728043-2675-4AEC-8AE7-E4032AD074E2 (resized).jpeg

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from CommanderJim:

Here is a pic with the lights on.

Man! That makes my pin look so shabby!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#265 6 years ago

ok, how did you get the plastic ramps orange?

#266 6 years ago

This game is awesome. Easily one of the best. Everyone else is just a Sega denier.

#267 6 years ago

The wire forms and the back ramp is metal and painted orange.

#268 6 years ago

I found a MSF but the display is missing, other then that it is in excellent condition, any leads on a DMD, I saw that pin life has them for $500, rookie here, any help would be awesome

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from euro55:

I found a MSF but the display is missing, other then that it is in excellent condition, any leads on a DMD, I saw that pin life has them for $500, rookie here, any help would be awesome

That's one option...there are LED and LCD alternatives as well - they invariably all cost the same...I went with the PinballSP solution which is LED, plug & play and allows for 4 colors (at this time) to be chosen for the palette...the expectation is that it can be fully colorized as the software develops....it was simple to install and it has been running in an arcade for months now with no issues....

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

....it was simple to install and it has been running in an arcade for months now with no issues....

To be fair you have to mention that you live with a "last row not being displayed correctly" bug, which has not been fixed for months now.

You could also consider PIN2DMD XL as a replacement display solution and if you are not afraid of electronics you can even build it yourself.

Here is a video I made testing the Baywatch colorization in my Batman Forever which somehow makes it a Frankenstein solution putting the Hoff in a Batman suit

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from euro55:

I went for the PinballSP, fair price, solid design, true plug and play in just a few minutes. New firmware is in the pipe addressing the first row issue (if that is a problem). And awesomely looking.

My installment and gameplay video of the PinballSP x64 in my MSF.

That is the obvious choice for me and big screen DMDs.

cheers
/mima

#272 6 years ago

If you want to build it yourself you can find the advertising LED panels on aliexpress like this

https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/HD-LED-Video-Wall-P2-Indoor-Smd-Full-Color-Led-Display-Module-1-32-Scan-128/709678_32824445518.html

Instructions how to build are on pin2dmd.com and if you need some help a large pin2dmd community is on vpuniverse.com

Ready to use hardware kits are available from various sources like e.g. these

https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/dmd/pin2dmd-complete-rgb.pin.dmd-xl-display-192x64-data-east-sega-ready-to-go-520-5075-00/
https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-XL-192x64-DMD-fuer-Sega

Here is a test in a Frankenstein

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

To be fair you have to mention that you live with a "last row not being displayed correctly" bug, which has not been fixed for months now.
You could also consider PIN2DMD XL as a replacement display solution and if you are not afraid of electronics you can even build it yourself.
Here is a video I made testing the Baywatch colorization in my Batman Forever which somehow makes it a Frankenstein solution putting the Hoff in a Batman suit
» YouTube video

Or if you want something that actually works out of the box and is plug and play for about the same amount of money. Lucky1 is part of the competition who would never buy or test the PinballSP product and continues to take jabs at PinballSP for evidently having a superior design. You have to look at both sides of the story if you go back a few weeks in this Frankenstein club thread and keep reading past the bottom link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/4#post-4004225

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Or if you want something that actually works out of the box and is plug and play for about the same amount of money. Lucky1 is part of the competition who would never buy or test the PinballSP product and continues to take jabs at PinballSP for evidently having a superior design. You have to look at both sides of the story if you go back a few weeks in this Frankenstein club thread and keep reading past the bottom link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/4#post-4004225

Agreed, this Lucky1 just can't f'n let it go..so tired of hearing from him...I tried to be fair with my post without calling out his problematic product, but hard to hold back anymore....his incessant parroting about the last line (which is already fixed and ready for release shortly) is so inane....so here it is Euro55, just buy the PinballSP product and be done....

#275 6 years ago

You are right PinballSP has some advantages in design which in the end means it is better looking, but does this really make it the better solution ? I think the best solution would be if there was a nice looking plug and play hardware with pin2dmd xl running on it but this is something that is currently unfortunately not 100% available.

I think sonic is just frustrated that he jumped on the train too early and is now waiting for 3 months to have at least the display problem fixed and all he gets as an answer is next week over and over again. If the problem is really fixed why does it need more testing ? Why release a product with half finished software anyway ? I could never release a software which has a bug I know of and call it 100% working. I think the answer is simple. It is because pinballsp designed and released his product in a rush to get a piece of the pie. Do you really believe there will be colorizations for this platform ? You can calculate yourself when this will happen if a simple bug takes more than 3 months to be fixed.

I don´t say this because I want somebody to buy a pin2dmd xl. Why should I do this ? I only get 10 Euro from it, which I fully forward to charity projects anyway. I say it because I want to prevent that others make the same mistake and fall for the promises that most likely will never be kept. I created pin2dmd XL because I was in the same situation like Euro55. I had to replace a defective display in my Batman forever and I like to tinker with electronics. Btw pinballsp is still selling his pin2dmd hardware for 128x32 machines as DMDST32 in large quantities. Why is he doing this when his product is superior ?

AFAIK Mima and Sonic are the only users in this forum of pinballSP's Sega solution and they actively promote it wherever possible for whatever personal reason.

My advice is ask around in the other threads with large display machines (Baywatch, Maverick, Batman forever) and then make your own decision. I personally don´t care which way you go I just like it when people are happy.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

AFAIK Mima and Sonic are the only users in this forum of pinballSP's Sega solution and they actively promote it wherever possible for whatever personal reason.

Only because PinballSP x64 is the superior product (even at its initial release) when you want a direct plug & play replacement screen for the unobtainaium stock 64x192 plasma DMDs. If it would have been the other way around I would have argued for your product instead of the PinballSP x64.

#277 6 years ago

Lucky1...give it a rest. The constant trolling has gotten very old and tiresome. You said what you had to say multiple times, you can stop repeating it. He beat you to market with a drop in solution when there was no solution except for dmd extender. For anyone with a blown dmd for an oversized sega game it is a great solution, even if color never gets added.

#278 6 years ago

looking to sell nice franky, 90% shopped out, just needs finished, works great, frankie works too. in st. louis

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Only because PinballSP x64 is the superior product (even at its initial release) when you want a direct plug & play replacement screen for the unobtainaium stock 64x192 plasma DMDs. If it would have been the other way around I would have argued for your product instead of the PinballSP x64.

Did you really have both solutions in your hand to compare them objectively or is it just because you can plug in the original power plug instead of connecting to some other (better !) power source ? There is a good reason why we don´t use the original power plug. It may be that your display is working but the 12V power source is not really suitable to power those LED panels. Compared to the original plasma panels the new LED panels need far more power. You are right that also has been discussed but I don´t think it is trolling to publish the risk of a design failure again and again. The Sega/DataEast power circuits are well known not to be reliable. Just because it is nice looking and more convenient for you doesn´t mean it is done right. There is a good reason why other display manufacturers don´t do it that way and it is not because they are not smart enough.

Quoted from Evilive69:

... even if color never gets added.

What a waste to pay for a color capable DMD and potentially never have the chance to fully make use of it.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

What a waste to pay for a color capable DMD and potentially never have the chance to fully make use of it.

It's not a waste if the original dmd is dead, which makes the game a big paper weight. Finding an original dmd is almost impossible and they a very expensive, and who knows how long it will last.
I agree that color would be great and will pick one up once MSF is colored...or if my original dmd quits working. But I don't know anyone who would let their game sit idle just because a drop in replacement dmd isn't in color.

#281 6 years ago

Maybe I make a installation video next week that you can see what the real difference between the so called drop in replacement and a pin2dmd XL is. One thing for sure is that using a external power supply does not put your Sega power board at risk.

#282 6 years ago

can somebody tell me how many places on the middle ramp is it secured to the playfield. I currently have 3 spots, should there be four?

#283 6 years ago

So here comes my video replacing my defective plasma display with a pin2dmd XL

The only part missing in the video is connecting the power cables to the wires coming from the power switch in the cabinet using two quick splice wire connectors as shown on the attached image

IMG_9545 (resized).JPGIMG_9545 (resized).JPG

#284 6 years ago

That was really interesting. I also learned that you are right handed, wear glasses, and have a nice coiffe of hair that is parted to the side and is sprinkled with some gray hair. You are probably about 5' 9" and maybe right at 40 years of age, and extremely intelligent. How bad did I do?! Ha.

Crash could not come this past Saturday to work on my Frankenstein DMD. It may be this coming Saturday or the next that he can come. I will certainly let you know what happens when he works on it.

Mike in Kentucky

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

That was really interesting. I also learned that you are right handed, wear glasses, and have a nice coiffe of hair that is parted to the side and is sprinkled with some gray hair. You are probably about 5' 9" and maybe right at 40 years of age, and extremely intelligent. How bad did I do?! Ha.

right handed - yes
wear glasses - only for reading
nice hair - could be, but I don´t care
5'9'' - not even close - I'm 6' 6''
right at 40 years - I'm already closer to 50 than to 40
extremely intelligent - thanks for that, but I don´t know.

#286 6 years ago

Now THAT'S tall!!! The only Germans I ever met who were that tall played professional basketball.

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

can somebody tell me how many places on the middle ramp is it secured to the playfield. I currently have 3 spots, should there be four?

The wireform portion has only three mounts/connections, if that's what you were talking about.

IMG_3401 (resized).JPGIMG_3401 (resized).JPG

IMG_3398 (resized).JPGIMG_3398 (resized).JPG

IMG_3400 (resized).JPGIMG_3400 (resized).JPG

IMG_3399 (resized).JPGIMG_3399 (resized).JPG

#288 6 years ago

Colson...you need to stop posting pics of your MSF. It's going to make me spend money on a colorized DMD for mine.

#289 6 years ago

no, I'm talking about the plastic lower ramp. how many places is it secured to to playfield. I got the 2 ramp screws that hold it in, 1 screw on left side that sits on the hex post by the pop bumper, and 1 screw where the ball falls into the inlane on the end of the ramp. Is there any more places on ramp it attaches to the playfield or has a support bracket? seems left side of plastic ramp should be secured somewhere towards the back left corner.

#290 6 years ago

I sent my mpu and dmd controller boards off to Clive at Coin-Op Cauldron finally. Here's hoping he finds the problem and fixes it! I'd love to play my money pit of a Frankenstein someday.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no, I'm talking about the plastic lower ramp. how many places is it secured to to playfield. I got the 2 ramp screws that hold it in, 1 screw on left side that sits on the hex post by the pop bumper, and 1 screw where the ball falls into the inlane on the end of the ramp. Is there any more places on ramp it attaches to the playfield or has a support bracket? seems left side of plastic ramp should be secured somewhere towards the back left corner.

OK, your first post with the question wasn't clear. I'll check mine and shoot a few pics when I get home.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

So no, not just two. Starting at the bottom of the playfield, there is the hex extender on the left slingshot, another longer hex extender behind the green pop bumper, the "eyes plastic" at the top of the green pop bumper, and two support brackets on the top of the playfield under the display.

The eyes plastic supports a good portion of the ramp above the pops.

IMG_3420 (resized).JPGIMG_3420 (resized).JPG

IMG_3415 (resized).JPGIMG_3415 (resized).JPG

IMG_3416 (resized).JPGIMG_3416 (resized).JPG

IMG_3419 (resized).JPGIMG_3419 (resized).JPG

IMG_3418 (resized).JPGIMG_3418 (resized).JPG

IMG_3417 (resized).JPGIMG_3417 (resized).JPG

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

Colson...you need to stop posting pics of your MSF. It's going to make me spend money on a colorized DMD for mine.

Joe, now you know where the eyes plastic goes that was in the coinbox in the Frank you got for me. Haha

And here's another pic for you. Get one!!

IMG_3411 (resized).JPGIMG_3411 (resized).JPG

IMG_3414 (resized).JPGIMG_3414 (resized).JPG

#294 6 years ago

ok, that's what I'm missing then! thanks soo much. one more question...... the top plastic ramp sit on top of the 2 metal brackets in the very back or go underneath them. looks like yours is on top, but cant quite tell.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ok, that's what I'm missing then! thanks soo much. one more question...... the top plastic ramp sit on top of the 2 metal brackets in the very back or go underneath them. looks like yours is on top, but cant quite tell.

Not problem at all. And it sits on top of them.

#296 6 years ago

ok, thank you, it was the eyes bracket/support I didn't have. I got the plastic piece but that's it. I see on the front of eye plastic its just riveted to a little "L" shaped bracket, I guess back bracket is the same type too? also, guess top plastic ramp goes on top of the 2 metal support brackets on the back??? I think mine was attached underneath those 2 metal tabs. it looks like yours is resting on top of them.

#297 6 years ago

Funny, my eye plastic isnt even drilled for holes on left side!

EB2351E9-F2DA-4247-B1F4-BEA4198B27BA (resized).jpegEB2351E9-F2DA-4247-B1F4-BEA4198B27BA (resized).jpeg

#298 6 years ago

Where do these go guys?

442E6D38-FD33-411A-A92B-9674DBBA14FF (resized).jpeg442E6D38-FD33-411A-A92B-9674DBBA14FF (resized).jpeg

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Funny, my eye plastic isnt even drilled for holes on left side!

That is odd, but I've seen others that weren't drilled on the left side. This may have been something sent out after the game was produced because they were having a problem with the ramp. It should be good enough if you fasten it on the right side under the ramp.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Where do these go guys?

Don't have my game in front of me, but I think the bottom two go under the backbox on the rear of the playfield.

#300 6 years ago

does anybody else help on this site besides Colsond3? come on guys!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 259.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/6?hl=commanderjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.