Before after (resized).png
EF5A0196-8687-48A7-85D3-9A616EFE15C8 (resized).jpeg
20201126_194811 (resized).jpg
C5E4CE90-D83D-4381-AFAD-2C7277CAC426 (resized).jpeg
Nieuwe servo (resized).jpeg
20201120_185910 (resized).jpg
20201115_121200 (2) (resized).jpg
20201115_121149 (2) (resized).jpg

There are 727 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 6 months ago

Out of the club, awesome game that I really hope to own again someday.
Shame I only have 1 spot for switching games, all the rest are keepers

20201211_164252 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#702 5 months ago

Aloha all,

This is my first Pinside post, as I finally FINALLY was able to get my first machine: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. After playing it for awhile, I could tell something wasn't right with the DMD, so I did a diagnostic test and the DMD hardware is working properly, however I'm having some serious software issues. Here's what's going on:

Stepping through the Audits and Adjustments, occasionally the DMD will get stuck on #xx, even though I can hear the sound of it stepping through. Other times, A&A #s are out of sequence and just jump all over the place while scrolling through. Naturally, this makes setting up the game a lot harder than it should be. I've done a factory reset on the machine, and it didn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Nextly, during attract mode, mode animations will just come up randomly between the high score lists, etc. Also, messages like "Your game has been continued, Get Ready!" despite not triggering a replay, or matching. Occasionally, when the CPU version pops up, there are garbled characters where numbers or letters should be.

Lastly, during game play, the game will randomly switch between Players 1, 3 & 4, so when you think you've drained your last ball, you're still playing - as a different player.

I've unplugged and plugged back in all of the connectors on the DMD, and it seemed like maybe it resulted in minor changes in the performance, but I'm suspecting that maybe these problems are being caused by a faulty processor/microchip. I'll just tell you right now: I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm giving it my best guess. Isn't that how this whole pinball ownership process unfolds?

All the hardware on the machine is working and in top shape, but having this DMD issue is really spoiling my very hard-earned enjoyment. Any help and and advice would be DEEPLY appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond!

Regards,

zhu

#msf #maryshelleysfrankenstein #frankenstein

#703 5 months ago

I would reseat the ribbon cable one the cpu side also. And I could be a faulty ribbon too

#704 5 months ago

Thank you. I'll try it and see what happens.

#705 5 months ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Update on my left flipper issue:
As I took the coilstop off to switch the coils, I noticed that the actual stop came off..
These coilstops were placed (new) a month ago [quoted image]

Quality at it's best! It is a hit and miss part. I had the same thing happened also.

#706 5 months ago

Back in the club...and got my old Frank back from the guy I traded it to 2 years ago!! Was craving this game again, and this is such a nice example.

7C00D106-9038-466A-8CFC-34A58CD889C3 (resized).jpeg899B1E4D-A69A-4380-B9AA-50535906481F (resized).jpeg
#707 5 months ago
Quoted from d0n:

installed the newest pinstadium today in our new Frankenstein. The fusion neo. This new version has a diffuser over the main LED strip used for the GI's. It keeps you from seeing the individual glare on the playfield of each LED in the strip. With the diffuser, it's a glow not a pointed light reflected back at you.
It's around $500 & it is absolutely amazing. They just had a $75 off sale... that I missed. Whoops! You could wait for the next sale or just buy em. IMHO, they're worth the $500. Even better if you could buy them on sale for $425 though!

I am not a big fan of Pinstadiums, especially with a $400 or $500 price tag. They seem to only light the outer edges on this game, and do nothing for the center of the PF. Plus I don’t like seeing their light strips running up the sides of the game or reflecting off other parts.

Mine is lit awesomely with mirror blades, a cool white LED trough strip and 4 added spots on the lower PF. And I think that was about $140.

So glad to have this game back.
5D7B8931-1CE7-4A33-AD6F-25D15B47EC82 (resized).jpegDFEFE798-0B72-47B2-AD35-25C37F50BD8A (resized).jpeg33C43ED1-1B30-4CEC-82C9-CFE35CA0BB35 (resized).jpeg355EF15C-5D0D-4804-BAD1-5F3D427654A0 (resized).jpeg

#708 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I am not a big fan of Pinstadiums, especially with a $400 or $500 price tag. They seem to only light the outer edges on this game, and do nothing for the center of the PF. Plus I don’t like seeing their light strips running up the sides of the game or reflecting off other parts.
Mine is lit awesomely with mirror blades, a cool white LED trough strip and 4 added spots on the lower PF. And I think that was about $140.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got mirror blades, too. My Mylar started coming up, had to remove it, what a job, but, like you, a favorite game. I sprayed it with spray max, good stuff. Yellow posts, orange Titan, Pinsound, color x- led, your added spots are a great idea, that is next.

#709 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where did you get the mirror blades from

#710 5 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

where did you get the mirror blades from

Pinball Decals, Sega specific.

1 week later
#711 5 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Pinball Decals

thanks

#712 5 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Pinball Decals, Sega specific.

What he said. WPC and Stern mirrors are a little thicker, so you could possibly scratch them when you are lifting and putting down the playfield.

1 week later
#713 5 months ago

In case anybody is looking for this. I have a nice rare ramp for auction on eBay.

ebay.com link: itm

1 month later
#714 4 months ago

Just got this machine and have had a couple of issues. When the machine turns on, it says “FRANKENST-“ and cuts off. Also the ball often gets stuck on the left side of the Geneva scoop against the metal cover and the side of the Playfield. Anyone else have these problems, or know what to do?

#715 4 months ago

The cut off sound when powering up the game is normal behavior for data east)Sega games.
Maybe post a picture of where the ball is getting stuck, so we can check it out

#716 3 months ago
Quoted from FrostbittenCow:the ball often gets stuck on the left side of the Geneva scoop against the metal cover and the side of the Playfield.

If you're talking about the cliffy protector for Geneva I ended up taking mine off because of this.

#717 3 months ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

If you're talking about the cliffy protector for Geneva I ended up taking mine off because of this.

Yeah, mine gets held up there once in a while. On the edge of the Cliffy and up against the rubber. You can stretch the rubber out on the left and it frees it up for a while.

It’s odd though, because my last Frank had a Cliffy too, and never got held up there.

3 months later
#718 15 days ago

I am now noticing an issue where when I hit the left orbit 2 times in a row in quick succession, the game will give me 300M-ish points for no reason with no indicator on the DMD. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions to fix it?

#719 15 days ago
Quoted from FrostbittenCow:

I am now noticing an issue where when I hit the left orbit 2 times in a row in quick succession, the game will give me 300M-ish points for no reason with no indicator on the DMD. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions to fix it?

I hope my machine develops this issue.

Have you tried manually testing the rollover switches? Hmm, probably not the cause... Perhaps a ROM issue?

#720 15 days ago
Quoted from zhu808:

I hope my machine develops this issue.
Have you tried manually testing the rollover switches? Hmm, probably not the cause... Perhaps a ROM issue?

Can you buy new ROMs?

#721 15 days ago

Can you buy new ROMs?

Yes, new ROMs are available. I actually have an extra set that I bought because I thought they were causing my display issues (they weren't). What I've been told is that ROMs rarely go bad and that the issue is probably something else. For this particular problem though, I mean... I don't know what else would cause inflated scoring other than a stuck switch.

#722 15 days ago
Quoted from zhu808:

Yes, new ROMs are available. I actually have an extra set that I bought because I thought they were causing my display issues (they weren't). What I've been told is that ROMs rarely go bad and that the issue is probably something else. For this particular problem though, I mean... I don't know what else would cause inflated scoring other than a stuck switch.

Yeah, I doubt it’s the switch because it only happens in you shoot the orbit twice and the score changes instantly, not like a held switch. Is the CPU ROM the one I need?

#723 14 days ago

Does it happen every time you shoot the orbit twice in a row?

#724 14 days ago

has anyone ever found the image for the pic chip that controls the servo?

#725 12 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Does it happen every time you shoot the orbit twice in a row?

Yes, but only if fast enough and in succession.

#726 9 days ago

I just got my new translight from Retrorefurbs, UK. He had another to choose from, also. Good people to deal with.

62DD897C-9E5E-432D-9A92-F39D5CA48DAA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#727 2 days ago
Quoted from 7craig7:

How do we put a color display in MSF. I wuld love a step by step and what actually to buy.

its easy the instructions you get make it simple i installed my own and i have use of only 1 hand..

https://shop.colordmd.com/x-led-192x64-replacement-display-for-frankenstein-pinball-machine/

There are 727 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside