pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.
#601 3 years ago

Hey guys! Just joined the club yesterday. Picked up a HUO locally and think it may be some sort of sample game? I noticed there are some slight differences on the playfield and plastic art. Some of the inserts do not have the white background around the words like the ball lock inserts, change scene insert, and special insert. There is no yellow outline around the Frankenstein guy below the lock inserts, the yellow tube above the pop bumpers has the bottom half white, and there is no black line outlining the artwork from the shooter lane. There is also a couple plastics that are missing wording on them. Anyone ever seen these differences before?

1DE6FF8D-253A-4703-8BB8-D5F3028061F4 (resized).jpeg1DE6FF8D-253A-4703-8BB8-D5F3028061F4 (resized).jpeg81097911-7C30-4DE6-8FD0-F9F3A9D4CA94 (resized).jpeg81097911-7C30-4DE6-8FD0-F9F3A9D4CA94 (resized).jpegADD2CE86-0366-4A1C-896D-B94B0115814A (resized).jpegADD2CE86-0366-4A1C-896D-B94B0115814A (resized).jpegF58DB1C4-75F8-40D1-891D-5D8C38E71384 (resized).jpegF58DB1C4-75F8-40D1-891D-5D8C38E71384 (resized).jpeg
#602 3 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Hey guys! Just joined the club yesterday. Picked up a HUO locally and think it may be some sort of sample game? I noticed there are some slight differences on the playfield and plastic art. Some of the inserts do not have the white background around the words like the ball lock inserts, change scene insert, and special insert. There is no yellow outline around the Frankenstein guy below the lock inserts, the yellow tube above the pop bumpers has the bottom half white, and there is no black line outlining the artwork from the shooter lane. There is also a couple plastics that are missing wording on them. Anyone ever seen these differences before? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had one with the same playfield differences. I believe it was an early prototype. Questions: do your flipper bats have sonic or DE logo on them? What does the top of your backbox head art say: Sega or Data East?
The one I had was plastered with Data East makings and the game was produced as a Sega.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I had one with the same playfield differences. I believe it was an early prototype. Questions: do your flipper bats have sonic or DE logo on them? What does the top of your backbox head art say: Sega or Data East?
The one I had was plastered with Data East makings and the game was produced as a Sega.

Mine is definitely not a prototype. It has Sega bats, and Sega on the cabinet. I believe it’s a sample game which are the first games released after the prototypes were made. It actually looks exactly like the game on the flyer. All the playfield and plastic differences are present on the flyer game as well.

It does have a Data East serial tag on the back but I’m not sure if they all have those or not.

#604 3 years ago

They mostly had Data East tags. Here's was my art. Not many of these are thought to exist
The playfield was similar to yours except it had Data East flipper bats.

Don't know why the pic is sideways....

20190604_212214 (resized).jpg20190604_212214 (resized).jpg
#605 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

I never doubt “colsond3“- but from the photo those eyes look upside down. Check out the nose Area. So not sure that’s the correct placement ?

Quoted from bbaker2824:

The eyes on mine are upside down also if memory serves.

Quoted from harig:

My eyes plastic is upside down as well and came like that.

Come on Nik!! I don’t misguide.

1 week later
#606 3 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

They mostly had Data East tags. Here's was my art. Not many of these are thought to exist
The playfield was similar to yours except it had Data East flipper bats.
Don't know why the pic is sideways....
[quoted image]

Is a prototype serial tag hand written? It is hard to find any info on those that had the Data East side art

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is a prototype serial tag hand written? It is hard to find any info on those that had the Data East side art

Only prototypes or possible early test -wild games are DataEast. From one day to another Sega bought DataEast. It happend during the final stages of MSF production /development. So all games that where "officially" released quickly had the Sega logo printed on the head. Possibly they has the DE flipper bats though.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Hi guys,
I am new to the Frankenstein club, I traded for it last monday. While my friend and I, were looking to adjust the left arm, the rod to Frankie left arm broke. Do anyone know where i can find a square shaft part. For now, Frankie unfornutately only got an arm! Or maybe you got a goo idea for a fix, I mut admit I am far from being an engineer! ;o)[quoted image]

I haven't looked to see if that part is available but I thought of a way you could fix that. You might need a machinist, ha. You could cut off the rest of the remaining screw. Drill into the shaft with a bit that's diameter of the original extruding screw. Keep this very straight or Franky will have a crooked arm. Then get a headless screw(threaded rod) and a tap of the matching thread. Tap the hole you drilled and screw in the threaded rod. You'd probably want to use some heavy duty thread locker or maybe even super glue to hold the rod in. Make sure you've got the correct rod length worked out first(long enough to go through the arm and get the lock nut on it but short enough to not extrude from the arm sculpt. This is not any easy solution but I think it's a solution

#609 3 years ago

Reassembling a Frank that says too long. Anyone know where this part goes?

It was with the rails under the apron but I can’t figure out where it goes.

It’s not on the rail chart in the manual either.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#610 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Reassembling a Frank that says too long. Anyone know where this part goes?
It was with the rails under the apron but I can’t figure out where it goes.
It’s not on the rail chart in the manual either. [quoted image]

That goes in the left return ramp drop off. Keeps the ball from damaging the ramp when it exits.

#612 3 years ago

I picked up a Frankenstein yesterday in a trade. Turns out this is the same one that GLSP3022 had and has been shown previously in this thread. It was the only sega large DMD I had not previously played. Man I have been missing out. What a cool machine.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up a Frankenstein yesterday in a trade. Turns out this is the same one that glsp3022 had and has been shown previously in this thread. It was the only sega large DMD I had not previously played. Man I have been missing out. What a cool machine.

Welcome it is a great Machine too bad no body sees that...

2 weeks later
#614 3 years ago

Back in the club!

04CB5F73-0443-4D56-9011-6C18F9BBE573 (resized).jpeg04CB5F73-0443-4D56-9011-6C18F9BBE573 (resized).jpeg
#615 3 years ago

Used but good main ramp for sale on eBay UK
Will post worldwide. seller has other parts available I believe
Not mine by the way

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Not mine by the way

Does this include the full ramp? It goes all across the top. Will it be on UK eBay? Thanks.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Does this include the full ramp? It goes all across the top. Will it be on UK eBay? Thanks.

Good looking ramp. Shipping is pretty high to the USA. Thanks for posting.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Full ramp with switches etc
Playfield strip contact seller for other parts

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Not mine by the way

I have stripped a full nice condition playfield, more parts will be listed shortly including a complete monster mech with control board.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Good looking ramp. Shipping is pretty high to the USA. Thanks for posting.

The quoted international shipping is an ebay estimate. The buyer will be asked to pay the actual cost and I am happy to explore various shipping options.

#622 3 years ago

Plastics

IMG-20200720-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20200720-WA0000 (resized).jpg
#623 3 years ago

I have had a couple of enquiries about the upper ramp with the lock diverts.

Here is a link to my listing on pinballinfo: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/sega-frankenstein-lock-mechs.46674/

The mechs are good but the plastic is damaged.

2 weeks later
#624 3 years ago

For anyone looking for metal railing for their Playfield, there is some on eBay.

4 weeks later
#625 3 years ago

had 1 extra set of custom target decals made and have now sold the machine. $25 shipped in the lower 48. Just pm me if interested

frankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPGfrankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPGfrankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPGfrankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPG
#626 3 years ago

Sold

Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

had 1 extra set of custom target decals made and have now sold the machine. $25 shipped in the lower 48. Just pm me if interested
[quoted image][quoted image]

#627 3 years ago

Have the opportunity to buy a Frankenstein machine but I might need some advice on its value:

Just saw the game for the first time and man it is dirty Seems complete though! Dmd 100%, starts up and you can start a game. 2 biggest problems: Frankenstein head does not move (his arms do) and sound does not work. Also the cabinet has some damage (worn around flipperbuttons, scratches over cabinet and splitting in 1 corner) and the playfield holes are worn. The MPU board is not the prettiest, but the other ones don't seem to have 'fixes' or acid-/batterydamage. Now to think of a fair price to offer

Any help would be appreciated!

20200910_150502 (resized).jpg20200910_150502 (resized).jpg20200910_145207_HDR (resized).jpg20200910_145207_HDR (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#628 3 years ago

Hi,
I have a pin2dmd XL model EVO for MSF and what is the best way to connect it without many adaptations, 18v or 12v?
I still haven't been able to make the feeding work. I took the cable from the original display (attached) and plugged it in the 18+ but I don't get a signal.
would anyone know to tell me where i should pull the power from the machine to the PIN2DMD EVO display?
in the comments I saw that you comment something about the CN6 connector, but it wouldn't be 5v and the display is 18v or 12v?
would anyone have a photo illustrating where I should pull the food?
Any help is very much appreciated thanks.

Screenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-35-042_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-35-042_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-41-514_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-41-514_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#629 3 years ago

Joined the club today
It is a mess, but I'm sure it will be nice when it is repaired and cleaned!
Unplayable at the moment, so gotta spend some time in it
20201007_181343_HDR (resized).jpg20201007_181343_HDR (resized).jpg

1 week later
#630 3 years ago

My sarcophagus kicks the ball out way too hard. (bounces against flipper, against 'ank' targets and sdtm..)
Anything I could do about that?
I already switched the coil with the weaker vuk coil, but that didn't make a lot of difference.

#631 3 years ago

adjustment 34 coil pulse power can be set lower

ps these are a freat mod that should have been on machine from the beggining

ebay.com link: Mary Shelleys Frankenstein Pinball Target Cushioned Decals

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

adjustment 34 coil pulse power can be set lower
ps these are a freat mod that should have been on machine from the beggining
ebay.com link » Mary Shelleys Frankenstein Pinball Target Cushioned Decals

Just measured and some coils get 40 volts, but some (like the sarcophagus) get 72,5 volts on highest coil power.
If I put the coil power on normal, the voltages are 38 volts and 70 volts.
I believe the 70 volts should be 50 volts.

I would love those decals!

#633 3 years ago

I wouldn't trigger anymore solenoids until after checking power board and make sure you don't have ripple

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Just measured and some coils get 40 volts, but some (like the sarcophagus) get 72,5 volts on highest coil power.
If I put the coil power on normal, the voltages are 38 volts and 70 volts.
I believe the 70 volts should be 50 volts.
I would love those decals!

Quoted from wugly:

I wouldn't trigger anymore solenoids until after checking power board and make sure you don't have ripple

Voltage is okay according to my dad. (Peak voltage)
Changed the sarcophagus plunger to a new and slightly longer one, and it solved my problem

On to the next problem: Franks head

#635 3 years ago

Sorry for the double post, but I'm looking for the upper ramp for my Frankenstein machine.
May be dirty but not cracked:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104389

#636 3 years ago

been looking for one for awhile myself. had to reinforce and fix cracks with fiberglass tape and epoxy.

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

been looking for one for awhile myself. had to reinforce and fix cracks with fiberglass tape and epoxy.

It seems that they are nowhere to be bought
If I don't find one, I will have to reinforce mine too.
My ramp has cracks near the diverters and on the right side where it is connected to the bracket.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.06.26 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.06.26 (resized).jpeg
#638 3 years ago

I think many of us could use that ramp. Mines epoxied together.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Mine, too. I have been looking for 1 for a few years,now.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Quoted from HIPPY:

Mine, too. I have been looking for 1 for a few years,now.

Isn't there someone on Pinside who could make those?
I've asked for a ramp on Pinside, Facebook, a Dutch website and a German website and everyone needs this ramp haha.
In the meantime I'll try to fix the cracks.

My game only has 1 other real problem left: Frankensteins head does not work.
The head motion board does not get the correct input from the cpu board.
Connector cn3-1, cn3-8 and cn3-9 on the cpu board should give the clock, data and enable signals but they don't.
Thinking the problem might be the 6821 on 11B (closest to the connector) or a component that is an input for it.
I do have an oscilloscope and voltagemeter, but I could really use some guidance from someone as I'm stuck..
I also asked it in a Facebook group but it did not get me further a lot.
The game plays perfect 100%, except for the head.
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.41.03 (1) (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.41.03 (1) (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.41.03 (3) (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.41.03 (3) (resized).jpeg

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

I've asked for a ramp on Pinside, Facebook, a Dutch website and a German website and everyone needs this ramp haha.
In the meantime I'll try to fix the cracks.
My game only has 1 other real problem left: Frankensteins head does not work.
The head motion board does not get the correct input from the cpu board.
Connector cn3-1, cn3-8 and cn3-9 on the cpu board should give the clock, data and enable signals but they don't.
Thinking the problem might be the 6821 on 11B (closest to the connector) or a component that is an input for it.
I do have an oscilloscope and voltagemeter, but I could really use some guidance from someone as I'm stuck..
I also asked it in a Facebook group but it did not get me further a lot.
The game plays perfect 100%, except for the head.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There is a new motion board in AUSTRALIA, on their EBay. I will bet it fixes your head.

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

There is a new motion board in AUSTRALIA, on their EBay. I will bet it fixes your head.

Thank you!
But I think my problem is on the cpu board.
What voltages do you have on connector cn3-1, cn3-8 and cn3-9 if I may ask?

#643 3 years ago

I would check mine for you but won't be home until this weekend.

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I would check mine for you but won't be home until this weekend.

Thank you bbaker2824 , very kind
No rush, the game will recieve a full playfield teardown with leds, protectors, new rubbers, target decals and a very good clean so will be looking into that first.

#645 3 years ago

I installed the newest pinstadium today in our new Frankenstein. The fusion neo. This new version has a diffuser over the main LED strip used for the GI's. It keeps you from seeing the individual glare on the playfield of each LED in the strip. With the diffuser, it's a glow not a pointed light reflected back at you.

It's around $500 & it is absolutely amazing. They just had a $75 off sale... that I missed. Whoops! You could wait for the next sale or just buy em. IMHO, they're worth the $500. Even better if you could buy them on sale for $425 though!

This is the first one I've installed and thanks to cary hardy's youtube video, it was very straightforward and impossible to mess up. It took me about an hour as I was being careful and finicky with light color choices. If i get another one or move this one to another game, I'd be able to install in 30 mins I think.

The first pic is dark room, PF glass off, pinstadium off. >>>This game has Comet LEDs installed by the previous owner<<<

2nd pic is same darkness, PF glass off but with pinstadium warm white GI on.

3rd pic is overhead lights on in the room, PF glass on, pinstadium cool white GI on. These look much bluer in the pic than they are in person. This light matches well with all the blue on the playfield.

Last pic is lights on in the room, PF glass on and pinstadium off. I had the glass on in the last 2 pics to show how game would be in normal playing mode. Interestingly enough, more light under the glass means less glare on top of the glass for the player. This is an added benefit I hadn't even thought about.

What you can't see (without a video of gameplay) are the flashers in the "orion's belt" part of the pinstadium. this game has many insert flashers of different colors. There's a blue insert flasher, a yellow one and the previous owner put a blue flasher under frank. Plus, there's the 4 red flashers above the playfield. The orions belt gives you 4 separate pairs of wires that can be connected to 4 different flashers and the color can be programmed in the app to any color you choose. I chose to make the pinstadium flash red when the games red flasher activate, blue when frank or the blue insert flashed and yellow when the yellow insert flashed. This makes gameplay so much more exciting! Instead of 1 or 2 small flashers flashing, the entire PF flashes! And you can change the brightness of any LED in the pinstadium app. if the flash is too bright, just dial it back a little.

Such a cool aftermarket product.

IMG_20201023_115455 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_115455 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_115510 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_115510 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121502 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121502 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121520 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_121520 (resized).jpg

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Possibly. Jody with Ramp-O-Matic is making a ton of new ramps this year. One person asked about Frankenstein, but didn't get a response. The legalities involved with Stern may get in the way. He hasn't mentioned anything about DE/Sega/Stern games, with all assets owned by Stern. Technically he can probably get away with clean room re-engineering ramps for this era as long as he uses his own molds and does not include copyrighted decals.

I'd definitely ask about it, may get his attention!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Possibly. Jody with Ramp-O-Matic is making a ton of new ramps this year. One person asked about Frankenstein, but didn't get a response. The legalities involved with Stern may get in the way. He hasn't mentioned anything about DE/Sega/Stern games, with all assets owned by Stern. Technically he can probably get away with clean room re-engineering ramps for this era as long as he uses his own molds and does not include copyrighted decals.

Thanks might do that!

Playfield teardown and clean completed, now I have to wait for the leds and target decals to arrive so I can start rebuilding!
What a difference this is

20201023_173012_HDR (resized).jpg20201023_173012_HDR (resized).jpg

727dee17e161190c78268a459cbac236233acc0d (resized).jpg727dee17e161190c78268a459cbac236233acc0d (resized).jpg
#648 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Jody is a good guy. Tell him I need a ramp too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.00
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/13?hl=wugly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.