New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 97334)

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Owner's Club- ideas & info

By blondetall

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 637 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by RobDutch
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.06.26 (resized).jpeg
20201007_181343_HDR (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-41-514_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-35-042_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpg
20200910_150502 (resized).jpg
20200910_145207_HDR (resized).jpg
frankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPG
frankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPG
IMG-20200720-WA0000 (resized).jpg
04CB5F73-0443-4D56-9011-6C18F9BBE573 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20190604_212214 (resized).jpg
81097911-7C30-4DE6-8FD0-F9F3A9D4CA94 (resized).jpeg
ADD2CE86-0366-4A1C-896D-B94B0115814A (resized).jpeg
F58DB1C4-75F8-40D1-891D-5D8C38E71384 (resized).jpeg
1DE6FF8D-253A-4703-8BB8-D5F3028061F4 (resized).jpeg

There are 637 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 4 months ago

Hey guys! Just joined the club yesterday. Picked up a HUO locally and think it may be some sort of sample game? I noticed there are some slight differences on the playfield and plastic art. Some of the inserts do not have the white background around the words like the ball lock inserts, change scene insert, and special insert. There is no yellow outline around the Frankenstein guy below the lock inserts, the yellow tube above the pop bumpers has the bottom half white, and there is no black line outlining the artwork from the shooter lane. There is also a couple plastics that are missing wording on them. Anyone ever seen these differences before?

1DE6FF8D-253A-4703-8BB8-D5F3028061F4 (resized).jpeg81097911-7C30-4DE6-8FD0-F9F3A9D4CA94 (resized).jpegADD2CE86-0366-4A1C-896D-B94B0115814A (resized).jpegF58DB1C4-75F8-40D1-891D-5D8C38E71384 (resized).jpeg
#602 4 months ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Hey guys! Just joined the club yesterday. Picked up a HUO locally and think it may be some sort of sample game? I noticed there are some slight differences on the playfield and plastic art. Some of the inserts do not have the white background around the words like the ball lock inserts, change scene insert, and special insert. There is no yellow outline around the Frankenstein guy below the lock inserts, the yellow tube above the pop bumpers has the bottom half white, and there is no black line outlining the artwork from the shooter lane. There is also a couple plastics that are missing wording on them. Anyone ever seen these differences before? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had one with the same playfield differences. I believe it was an early prototype. Questions: do your flipper bats have sonic or DE logo on them? What does the top of your backbox head art say: Sega or Data East?
The one I had was plastered with Data East makings and the game was produced as a Sega.

#603 4 months ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I had one with the same playfield differences. I believe it was an early prototype. Questions: do your flipper bats have sonic or DE logo on them? What does the top of your backbox head art say: Sega or Data East?
The one I had was plastered with Data East makings and the game was produced as a Sega.

Mine is definitely not a prototype. It has Sega bats, and Sega on the cabinet. I believe it’s a sample game which are the first games released after the prototypes were made. It actually looks exactly like the game on the flyer. All the playfield and plastic differences are present on the flyer game as well.

It does have a Data East serial tag on the back but I’m not sure if they all have those or not.

#604 4 months ago

They mostly had Data East tags. Here's was my art. Not many of these are thought to exist
The playfield was similar to yours except it had Data East flipper bats.

Don't know why the pic is sideways....

20190604_212214 (resized).jpg
#605 4 months ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

I never doubt “colsond3“- but from the photo those eyes look upside down. Check out the nose Area. So not sure that’s the correct placement ?

Quoted from bbaker2824:

The eyes on mine are upside down also if memory serves.

Quoted from harig:

My eyes plastic is upside down as well and came like that.

Come on Nik!! I don’t misguide.

1 week later
#606 3 months ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

They mostly had Data East tags. Here's was my art. Not many of these are thought to exist
The playfield was similar to yours except it had Data East flipper bats.
Don't know why the pic is sideways....
[quoted image]

Is a prototype serial tag hand written? It is hard to find any info on those that had the Data East side art

#607 3 months ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Is a prototype serial tag hand written? It is hard to find any info on those that had the Data East side art

Only prototypes or possible early test -wild games are DataEast. From one day to another Sega bought DataEast. It happend during the final stages of MSF production /development. So all games that where "officially" released quickly had the Sega logo printed on the head. Possibly they has the DE flipper bats though.

#608 3 months ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Hi guys,
I am new to the Frankenstein club, I traded for it last monday. While my friend and I, were looking to adjust the left arm, the rod to Frankie left arm broke. Do anyone know where i can find a square shaft part. For now, Frankie unfornutately only got an arm! Or maybe you got a goo idea for a fix, I mut admit I am far from being an engineer! ;o)[quoted image]

I haven't looked to see if that part is available but I thought of a way you could fix that. You might need a machinist, ha. You could cut off the rest of the remaining screw. Drill into the shaft with a bit that's diameter of the original extruding screw. Keep this very straight or Franky will have a crooked arm. Then get a headless screw(threaded rod) and a tap of the matching thread. Tap the hole you drilled and screw in the threaded rod. You'd probably want to use some heavy duty thread locker or maybe even super glue to hold the rod in. Make sure you've got the correct rod length worked out first(long enough to go through the arm and get the lock nut on it but short enough to not extrude from the arm sculpt. This is not any easy solution but I think it's a solution

#609 3 months ago

Reassembling a Frank that says too long. Anyone know where this part goes?

It was with the rails under the apron but I can’t figure out where it goes.

It’s not on the rail chart in the manual either.

image (resized).jpg
#610 3 months ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Reassembling a Frank that says too long. Anyone know where this part goes?
It was with the rails under the apron but I can’t figure out where it goes.
It’s not on the rail chart in the manual either. [quoted image]

That goes in the left return ramp drop off. Keeps the ball from damaging the ramp when it exits.

#612 3 months ago

I picked up a Frankenstein yesterday in a trade. Turns out this is the same one that glsp3022 had and has been shown previously in this thread. It was the only sega large DMD I had not previously played. Man I have been missing out. What a cool machine.

#613 3 months ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up a Frankenstein yesterday in a trade. Turns out this is the same one that glsp3022 had and has been shown previously in this thread. It was the only sega large DMD I had not previously played. Man I have been missing out. What a cool machine.

Welcome it is a great Machine too bad no body sees that...

2 weeks later
#614 3 months ago

Back in the club!

04CB5F73-0443-4D56-9011-6C18F9BBE573 (resized).jpeg
#615 3 months ago

Used but good main ramp for sale on eBay UK
Will post worldwide. seller has other parts available I believe
Not mine by the way

#616 3 months ago
Quoted from bartron:

Not mine by the way

Does this include the full ramp? It goes all across the top. Will it be on UK eBay? Thanks.

#617 3 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Does this include the full ramp? It goes all across the top. Will it be on UK eBay? Thanks.

Good looking ramp. Shipping is pretty high to the USA. Thanks for posting.

#618 3 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Full ramp with switches etc
Playfield strip contact seller for other parts

#619 3 months ago
Quoted from bartron:

Not mine by the way

I have stripped a full nice condition playfield, more parts will be listed shortly including a complete monster mech with control board.

#621 3 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Good looking ramp. Shipping is pretty high to the USA. Thanks for posting.

The quoted international shipping is an ebay estimate. The buyer will be asked to pay the actual cost and I am happy to explore various shipping options.

#622 3 months ago

Plastics

IMG-20200720-WA0000 (resized).jpg
#623 3 months ago

I have had a couple of enquiries about the upper ramp with the lock diverts.

Here is a link to my listing on pinballinfo: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/sega-frankenstein-lock-mechs.46674/

The mechs are good but the plastic is damaged.

2 weeks later
#624 76 days ago

For anyone looking for metal railing for their Playfield, there is some on eBay.

4 weeks later
#625 46 days ago

had 1 extra set of custom target decals made and have now sold the machine. $25 shipped in the lower 48. Just pm me if interested

frankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPGfrankenstein targets 002 (resized).JPG
#626 43 days ago

Sold

Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

had 1 extra set of custom target decals made and have now sold the machine. $25 shipped in the lower 48. Just pm me if interested
[quoted image][quoted image]

#627 40 days ago

Have the opportunity to buy a Frankenstein machine but I might need some advice on its value:

Just saw the game for the first time and man it is dirty Seems complete though! Dmd 100%, starts up and you can start a game. 2 biggest problems: Frankenstein head does not move (his arms do) and sound does not work. Also the cabinet has some damage (worn around flipperbuttons, scratches over cabinet and splitting in 1 corner) and the playfield holes are worn. The MPU board is not the prettiest, but the other ones don't seem to have 'fixes' or acid-/batterydamage. Now to think of a fair price to offer

Any help would be appreciated!

20200910_150502 (resized).jpg20200910_145207_HDR (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#628 21 days ago

Hi,
I have a pin2dmd XL model EVO for MSF and what is the best way to connect it without many adaptations, 18v or 12v?
I still haven't been able to make the feeding work. I took the cable from the original display (attached) and plugged it in the 18+ but I don't get a signal.
would anyone know to tell me where i should pull the power from the machine to the PIN2DMD EVO display?
in the comments I saw that you comment something about the CN6 connector, but it wouldn't be 5v and the display is 18v or 12v?
would anyone have a photo illustrating where I should pull the food?
Any help is very much appreciated thanks.

Screenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-35-042_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-09-28-23-02-41-514_com.whatsapp~2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#629 13 days ago

Joined the club today
It is a mess, but I'm sure it will be nice when it is repaired and cleaned!
Unplayable at the moment, so gotta spend some time in it
20201007_181343_HDR (resized).jpg

1 week later
#630 6 days ago

My sarcophagus kicks the ball out way too hard. (bounces against flipper, against 'ank' targets and sdtm..)
Anything I could do about that?
I already switched the coil with the weaker vuk coil, but that didn't make a lot of difference.

#631 6 days ago

adjustment 34 coil pulse power can be set lower

ps these are a freat mod that should have been on machine from the beggining

ebay.com link » Mary Shelleys Frankenstein Pinball Target Cushioned Decals

#632 5 days ago
Quoted from wugly:

adjustment 34 coil pulse power can be set lower
ps these are a freat mod that should have been on machine from the beggining
ebay.com link » Mary Shelleys Frankenstein Pinball Target Cushioned Decals

Just measured and some coils get 40 volts, but some (like the sarcophagus) get 72,5 volts on highest coil power.
If I put the coil power on normal, the voltages are 38 volts and 70 volts.
I believe the 70 volts should be 50 volts.

I would love those decals!

#633 4 days ago

I wouldn't trigger anymore solenoids until after checking power board and make sure you don't have ripple

#634 4 days ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Just measured and some coils get 40 volts, but some (like the sarcophagus) get 72,5 volts on highest coil power.
If I put the coil power on normal, the voltages are 38 volts and 70 volts.
I believe the 70 volts should be 50 volts.
I would love those decals!

Quoted from wugly:

I wouldn't trigger anymore solenoids until after checking power board and make sure you don't have ripple

Voltage is okay according to my dad. (Peak voltage)
Changed the sarcophagus plunger to a new and slightly longer one, and it solved my problem

On to the next problem: Franks head

#635 1 day ago

Sorry for the double post, but I'm looking for the upper ramp for my Frankenstein machine.
May be dirty but not cracked:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104389

#636 22 hours ago

been looking for one for awhile myself. had to reinforce and fix cracks with fiberglass tape and epoxy.

#637 9 hours ago
Quoted from wugly:

been looking for one for awhile myself. had to reinforce and fix cracks with fiberglass tape and epoxy.

It seems that they are nowhere to be bought
If I don't find one, I will have to reinforce mine too.
My ramp has cracks near the diverters and on the right side where it is connected to the bracket.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 17.06.26 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 637 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside