pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 4 years ago

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count and end of game, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count and end of game, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

Hi Hazzard, I think you're right I discovered some weird mismatches today as well. Actually the video shows to different mixes, but they both suffering from the same error, which is unfortunately a bug in my experimental firmware build.

I will redo the video and your assessment would be very welcome. Thx Steve

#504 4 years ago

Just did a full shop job and found this part on the table after I put everything back together. Anyone have any idea where it goes?

20190530_191957 (resized).jpg20190530_191957 (resized).jpg
#505 4 years ago

Still have not found the above part location if anyone can help!!!
Thanks,
Joe

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Just did a full shop job and found this part on the table after I put everything back together. Anyone have any idea where it goes?

From the spacing it looks like a bulb might go in the center so it might be where one of the flasher caps go.

#507 4 years ago

Found it: Left Inlane bottom plastic guide. It is a protector from the Laser kick back

Sorry for the bad picture

20190603_042924 (resized).jpg20190603_042924 (resized).jpg
#508 4 years ago

Better one:

20171220_092834 (resized).jpg20171220_092834 (resized).jpg
#509 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Better one:[quoted image]

harig you are awesome!!!
Thanks,
Joe

#510 4 years ago

That's what a community is good for
Do you have more of those riddles?

#511 4 years ago

Joining the club with an absolute mess of a machine. I'm in need of the speaker panel and a large DMD driver board. It's a long shot, bit PM if you can help.
BTW most machines say Sega on the backbox, ours has Data East. Anyone know the split on how many of each for the artwork?

#512 4 years ago

just put a color dmd in mine boy was it worth it, holding off on pictures until my plasma bumpers arrive and I install them.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Anyone know the split on how many of each for the artwork?

Interesting. Can you post a pic or two? I’ve owned three MSF’s, and I’ve seen about 30 or so of them, but never one that said Data East on the cab or backbox.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Interesting. Can you post a pic or two? I’ve owned three MSF’s, and I’ve seen about 30 or so of them, but never one that said Data East on the cab or backbox.

I can't find a serial number on this machine. They've all been scratched off.
20190604_212254 (resized).jpg20190604_212254 (resized).jpg
I plan to carefully repair that chipped corner

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I plan to carefully repair that chipped corner

My last one clearly Sega...I’d like to know how many released with DE markings. Does it say DE on the translite where Sega was on mine?

92113CEB-94DD-406B-BE4D-20ADA407301C (resized).jpeg92113CEB-94DD-406B-BE4D-20ADA407301C (resized).jpegFF86426B-3D72-4FD9-B0F0-ED2F4B2D90ED (resized).jpegFF86426B-3D72-4FD9-B0F0-ED2F4B2D90ED (resized).jpeg
#516 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

My last one clearly Sega...I’d like to know how many released with DE markings. Does it say DE on the translite where Sega was on mine?[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately I dont have a translite, or speaker panel or DMD driver. Lol. I do have a known working giant DMD.
But, the parts are slowly surfacing thanks to Pinsiders. The flipper bats appear original, they have DE markings, not Sonic.
For what we paid, this was worth the parts hunt.

#517 4 years ago

Cool, if I come across any parts for it I’ll let you know. Speaker panel is not easy to find. Get the color DMD (even if just the extender like I had). Definitely worth the upgrade on this game.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Cool, if I come across any parts for it I’ll let you know. Speaker panel is not easy to find. Get the color DMD (even if just the extender like I had). Definitely worth the upgrade on this game.

im Trying to find the Speaker Panel Plastic that is no where to be found.. Someone on my machine cut out the clear plastic where the DMD is so i had to make some thing

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks! I have leads on the panel overlay and the driver board.
Mainly looking for the wooden board everything attaches to now. Speakers are cheap enough

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Thanks! I have leads on the panel overlay and the driver board.
Mainly looking for the wooden board everything attaches to now. Speakers are cheap enough

hey do you know if they have more of the speaker panel overlay??

thanks

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

hey do you know if they have more of the speaker panel overlay??
thanks

I don't know. Luckily a pinsider had one laying around and saw my ad. It's not pretty but better than not having one.

#522 4 years ago

What resistance are the 2x 4" speakers near the DMD? 4 or 8 ohm?
Looking for inexpensive compatible units.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

What resistance are the 2x 4" speakers near the DMD? 4 or 8 ohm?
Looking for inexpensive compatible units.

8ohm. I would use the speakers in the top left of the 2nd pic. I’ve used them on a ton of games, and they sound great. Look on partsexpress.com.

1E278F23-1712-4CE4-90E4-4F6F63E42DDD (resized).jpeg1E278F23-1712-4CE4-90E4-4F6F63E42DDD (resized).jpeg1DDA14C6-C245-4119-AC64-9B030DF95B91 (resized).jpeg1DDA14C6-C245-4119-AC64-9B030DF95B91 (resized).jpeg
#524 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

8ohm. I would use the speakers in the top left of the 2nd pic. I’ve used them on a ton of games, and they sound great. Look on partsexpress.com.[quoted image][quoted image]

Good deal. Ordered a set. I figure once I have all the parts in hand, I'll be able to cut my own wooden panel to mount everything.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I don't know. Luckily a pinsider had one laying around and saw my ad. It's not pretty but better than not having one.

Great Thanks Ill keep looking

#526 4 years ago

Couple more questions about my rebuild. (And I'll have many). Fist off, Is this four pin connector for the DMD. My sourced DMD has a different connector. Can I simply repin this with the correct connector?

And 2nd, what does this 4 wire connector go to? Red and black wires. Speakers? Was there a z connector?
20190610_200105 (resized).jpg20190610_200105 (resized).jpg20190610_200229 (resized).jpg20190610_200229 (resized).jpg

#527 4 years ago

The picture on the bottom is the connection for the speakers, usually has a z connector.
The second picture is of the connector that goes the the display. That looks like it need to be replaced with a matching connector for the display. I believe it's the same as a computer power supply. Don't know why someone would put that end on the wires

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

The picture on the bottom is the connection for the speakers, usually has a z connector.
The second picture is of the connector that goes the the display. That looks like it need to be replaced with a matching connector for the display. I believe it's the same as a computer power supply. Don't know why someone would put that end on the wires

Great! Thanks!!
Next question...am I missing optos here?

20190610_203941 (resized).jpg20190610_203941 (resized).jpg
#529 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Great! Thanks!!
Next question...am I missing optos here?[quoted image]

No optics,there. You are missing the clips on those that hold the metal rod in.They are e-clips, I believe.

#530 4 years ago

I found some variations in the plastics on this Frankenstein with Data East logos on the head. Notice the text is missing from both.

Pardon the dirt. It's a substantial work in progress. Were the sample games released early?
I'm finding a lot if oddities in this game.

20190614_204721 (resized).jpg20190614_204721 (resized).jpg20190614_204752 (resized).jpg20190614_204752 (resized).jpg
#531 4 years ago

I am putting in plasma pop bumpers in Frankenstein. I have hooked them up to were the bulbs were connected on the original pop bumpers. the new controls for the plasma bumpers buzzes incessently when the pop bumpers are turned on. the relays don't buzz when I use a gi bulb for a trigger. haven't checked it yet but I think the pop bumper lights are being pulsed. does anyone know how to overcome this problem or will I be forced to use a gi bulb for a trigger to turn them on and have them set for always on or sound activation. and if I do which setting should I use, always on or sound

Added over 5 years ago:

error when tested on gi the control board I used was one that didn't buzz all my other control boards buzzed on the gi connection. am waiting for furhter answers from lighted mods for options

1 week later
#532 4 years ago

Have modded my MSF with color dmd and plasma bumpers. They original were buzzing very loudly when I first installed them which was very distracting but after trying different hings to make them stop buzzing they just stopped buzzing all on their own. these mods really make the game look great
franky1 (resized).jpgfranky1 (resized).jpgfranky2 (resized).jpgfranky2 (resized).jpg

ps now that I lok at it I will probably change that led to the left of the pop bumpers from cool white to warm white now that the plasmas are there.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

Have modded my MSF with color dmd and plasma bumpers. They original were buzzing very loudly when I first installed them which was very distracting but after trying different hings to make them stop buzzing they just stopped buzzing all on their own. these mods really make the game look great
[quoted image][quoted image]
ps now that I lok at it I will probably change that led to the left of the pop bumpers from cool white to warm white now that the plasmas are there.

That looks great. Good fit with that game. On the hunt for a reasonable MSF myself, so thanks for the inspiration.

#534 4 years ago

MSF owners need your help.. My msf lamps on the playfied stop working tonight not all like the 4 red flashers work and other basic lights work. The one spell Frankenstein and extra ball ect you know what im talking about. I think it must be a fuse? im pretty sure its on the power panel in back but didn't see any blown fuse.. i think its in the Backbox Bridge fuse F1 or F2.. have to buy some 8a slo-blo fuses to check

Any ideas?

Thanks

#535 4 years ago

check the lamp matrix and see if the lights have a common wire. sometimes the wire breaks in the middle of daisy chaining and you get some that work and some that don't or the connector burns up at the board. sometimes the fuse is good and the bridge rectifier burns out backbox bridge f2 and. check if fuses are blown but also check to make sure with a meter that it is producing power.

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

check the lamp matrix and see if the lights have a common wire. sometimes the wire breaks in the middle of daisy chaining and you get some that work and some that don't or the connector burns up at the board. sometimes the fuse is good and the bridge rectifier burns out backbox bridge f2 and. check if fuses are blown but also check to make sure with a meter that it is producing power.

okay thanks took the fuse out but another in and yes they work. Just have to get a 8amp fuse I stuck a 5amp just to see..

question where would u get bridge rectifier...

thanks

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

okay thanks took the fuse out but another in and yes they work. Just have to get a 8amp fuse I stuck a 5amp just to see..
question where would u get bridge rectifier...
thanks

fairly common electrical part. try pinball resource, ebay, all kinds of sources

1 week later
#538 4 years ago

Can someone post or email me a hi res pic of this area of the playfield please?
I want to fill in and sand smooth this divot and then cover it with a printed overlay. I have a cliffy on standby for the scoop.

20190702_201855 (resized).jpg20190702_201855 (resized).jpg
#539 4 years ago

had a great conversation with the people from lighted pinball mods about there plasma bumpers. I originally had a a plasma bumper that was kind of blurry and unclear. the guy at lighted pinball mods gave me a replacement top at no charge to correct this problem, what great customer service they had. We discussed there website and how it would probably be good to have a forum online to answer questions that come up since there installation video is a little old and there is always a few extra questions that it doesn't answer. had a few minor problems installing the plasma bumpers. one was the holes through the new bumper base was just a tiny bit too tight but a quick kiss with a drill bit made them acceptable. one of the questions that was not answered on the video was which connection was positive and which was negative for the pop bumper lights. For your information the positive was common to all 4 bumpers center of the connection strip on the game. major complication if you are not paying attention, the wires are quite thin gauge and the flipper board is mounted right under where the wires for the pop bumper drop down. If you are not paying attention to how the wires fall into the cabinet they can easily become caught on the flipper board before you have connected them all up and organized and tie wrapped them in a safe location since you are dealing with 4 bumpers at the same time. I was also informed that they are working on a 12 volt to 3 volt converter so that the control boards are not powered 24/7 even though the game is turned off.

1 month later
#540 4 years ago

Can someone snap me a pic of the shooter lane plastic? Preferably straight from above. Mine is destroyed and I don't see this repro anywhere.

1 week later
#541 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Can someone snap me a pic of the shooter lane plastic? Preferably straight from above. Mine is destroyed and I don't see this repro anywhere.

Here ya go

IMG_1633 (resized).JPGIMG_1633 (resized).JPG
#542 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

20190823_074033.jpg20190823_074033.jpg20190823_074052.jpg20190823_074052.jpg
#543 4 years ago

Thanks to both of you!!

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Thanks to both of you!!

You're welcome. Eight days go by and right at the same time both of us upload the image. Crazy coincidence

#545 4 years ago

My Franky got a small service...good occasion for some snapshots

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

You're welcome. Eight days go by and right at the same time both of us upload the image. Crazy coincidence

Quoted from harig:

My Franky got a small service...good occasion for some snapshots

My plastic came out great.

15668335436511675664428151842777 (resized).jpg15668335436511675664428151842777 (resized).jpg
#547 4 years ago

Another quick question for the Frankenstein club. The monster struggles to throw the balls in gameplay, but when I load them and try it in test mode, it throws well.
I'm thinking about changing the coil sleeve and cleaning the mech well. Any other suggestions?

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

My plastic came out great.[quoted image]

I'm increased!

2 weeks later
#549 4 years ago

just saw this ad in the german forum...
If someone ist looking for a complete Monster assy:
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/frankenstein-assembly-500-5887-00-mary-shelleys-frankenstein-sega.211497/

I´m not related to the seller so pls don´t ask me for any details....

#550 4 years ago

Hi! I’m also in the club. My piece isn’t in the best condition but now after some work it plays well.

Bought this game since I remembered it from being a kid putting coins in a machine yelling “I will have revenge!!”. Great game and even more fun than I thought it would be.

Still some work to be done. The game was filthy as shits and I’m still not finished cleaning everything. The monsters head doesn’t turn so that needs to be taken care of. Planing on buying a new servo motor but haven’t located a replacement yet. Anyone have a link maybe? Preferably European site.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/11?hl=hyyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.