Topic Stats

• 540 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by GLSP3022
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 160 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190702_201855 (resized).jpg
franky2 (resized).jpg
franky1 (resized).jpg
20190614_204752 (resized).jpg
20190614_204721 (resized).jpg
20190610_203941 (resized).jpg
20190610_200229 (resized).jpg
20190610_200105 (resized).jpg
1E278F23-1712-4CE4-90E4-4F6F63E42DDD (resized).jpeg
1DDA14C6-C245-4119-AC64-9B030DF95B91 (resized).jpeg
FF86426B-3D72-4FD9-B0F0-ED2F4B2D90ED (resized).jpeg
92113CEB-94DD-406B-BE4D-20ADA407301C (resized).jpeg
20190604_212254 (resized).jpg
20171220_092834 (resized).jpg
20190603_042924 (resized).jpg
20190530_191957 (resized).jpg

There are 540 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 88 days ago

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count and end of game, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

#502 88 days ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

#503 87 days ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi Steve. I can tell that quite a few errors occurred with the sample playback. Bonus music keeps playing when end of game and in bonus count and end of game, making them weave into each other. wrong samples are being triggered and balance is wrong. The Frankenstein introvoice is also missing, although I heard it instead of the replay/match voice. I guess this is because the mix is made with Pinsound's pinstudio software for the Pinsound audio board, and therefore your product is not really compatible......? Or did you change the samples yourself? I put a LOT of hours into this mix and it's kind of annoying that it gets displayed here with errors..

Hi Hazzard, I think you're right I discovered some weird mismatches today as well. Actually the video shows to different mixes, but they both suffering from the same error, which is unfortunately a bug in my experimental firmware build.

I will redo the video and your assessment would be very welcome. Thx Steve

#504 82 days ago

Just did a full shop job and found this part on the table after I put everything back together. Anyone have any idea where it goes?

20190530_191957 (resized).jpg
#505 79 days ago

Still have not found the above part location if anyone can help!!!
Thanks,
Joe

#506 79 days ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Just did a full shop job and found this part on the table after I put everything back together. Anyone have any idea where it goes?

From the spacing it looks like a bulb might go in the center so it might be where one of the flasher caps go.

#507 79 days ago

Found it: Left Inlane bottom plastic guide. It is a protector from the Laser kick back

Sorry for the bad picture

20190603_042924 (resized).jpg
#508 79 days ago

Better one:

20171220_092834 (resized).jpg
#509 79 days ago
Quoted from harig:

Better one:[quoted image]

harig you are awesome!!!
Thanks,
Joe

#510 78 days ago

That's what a community is good for
Do you have more of those riddles?

#511 78 days ago

Joining the club with an absolute mess of a machine. I'm in need of the speaker panel and a large DMD driver board. It's a long shot, bit PM if you can help.
BTW most machines say Sega on the backbox, ours has Data East. Anyone know the split on how many of each for the artwork?

#512 77 days ago

just put a color dmd in mine boy was it worth it, holding off on pictures until my plasma bumpers arrive and I install them.

#513 77 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Anyone know the split on how many of each for the artwork?

Interesting. Can you post a pic or two? I’ve owned three MSF’s, and I’ve seen about 30 or so of them, but never one that said Data East on the cab or backbox.

#514 77 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Interesting. Can you post a pic or two? I’ve owned three MSF’s, and I’ve seen about 30 or so of them, but never one that said Data East on the cab or backbox.

I can't find a serial number on this machine. They've all been scratched off.
20190604_212254 (resized).jpg
I plan to carefully repair that chipped corner

#515 77 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I plan to carefully repair that chipped corner

My last one clearly Sega...I’d like to know how many released with DE markings. Does it say DE on the translite where Sega was on mine?

92113CEB-94DD-406B-BE4D-20ADA407301C (resized).jpegFF86426B-3D72-4FD9-B0F0-ED2F4B2D90ED (resized).jpeg
#516 77 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

My last one clearly Sega...I’d like to know how many released with DE markings. Does it say DE on the translite where Sega was on mine?[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately I dont have a translite, or speaker panel or DMD driver. Lol. I do have a known working giant DMD.
But, the parts are slowly surfacing thanks to Pinsiders. The flipper bats appear original, they have DE markings, not Sonic.
For what we paid, this was worth the parts hunt.

#517 77 days ago

Cool, if I come across any parts for it I’ll let you know. Speaker panel is not easy to find. Get the color DMD (even if just the extender like I had). Definitely worth the upgrade on this game.

#518 77 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Cool, if I come across any parts for it I’ll let you know. Speaker panel is not easy to find. Get the color DMD (even if just the extender like I had). Definitely worth the upgrade on this game.

im Trying to find the Speaker Panel Plastic that is no where to be found.. Someone on my machine cut out the clear plastic where the DMD is so i had to make some thing

#519 77 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks! I have leads on the panel overlay and the driver board.
Mainly looking for the wooden board everything attaches to now. Speakers are cheap enough

#520 74 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Thanks! I have leads on the panel overlay and the driver board.
Mainly looking for the wooden board everything attaches to now. Speakers are cheap enough

hey do you know if they have more of the speaker panel overlay??

thanks

#521 74 days ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

hey do you know if they have more of the speaker panel overlay??
thanks

I don't know. Luckily a pinsider had one laying around and saw my ad. It's not pretty but better than not having one.

#522 73 days ago

What resistance are the 2x 4" speakers near the DMD? 4 or 8 ohm?
Looking for inexpensive compatible units.

#523 73 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

What resistance are the 2x 4" speakers near the DMD? 4 or 8 ohm?
Looking for inexpensive compatible units.

8ohm. I would use the speakers in the top left of the 2nd pic. I’ve used them on a ton of games, and they sound great. Look on partsexpress.com.

1E278F23-1712-4CE4-90E4-4F6F63E42DDD (resized).jpeg1DDA14C6-C245-4119-AC64-9B030DF95B91 (resized).jpeg
#524 73 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

8ohm. I would use the speakers in the top left of the 2nd pic. I’ve used them on a ton of games, and they sound great. Look on partsexpress.com.[quoted image][quoted image]

Good deal. Ordered a set. I figure once I have all the parts in hand, I'll be able to cut my own wooden panel to mount everything.

#525 72 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I don't know. Luckily a pinsider had one laying around and saw my ad. It's not pretty but better than not having one.

Great Thanks Ill keep looking

#526 71 days ago

Couple more questions about my rebuild. (And I'll have many). Fist off, Is this four pin connector for the DMD. My sourced DMD has a different connector. Can I simply repin this with the correct connector?

And 2nd, what does this 4 wire connector go to? Red and black wires. Speakers? Was there a z connector?
20190610_200105 (resized).jpg20190610_200229 (resized).jpg

#527 71 days ago

The picture on the bottom is the connection for the speakers, usually has a z connector.
The second picture is of the connector that goes the the display. That looks like it need to be replaced with a matching connector for the display. I believe it's the same as a computer power supply. Don't know why someone would put that end on the wires

#528 71 days ago
Quoted from kba78:

The picture on the bottom is the connection for the speakers, usually has a z connector.
The second picture is of the connector that goes the the display. That looks like it need to be replaced with a matching connector for the display. I believe it's the same as a computer power supply. Don't know why someone would put that end on the wires

Great! Thanks!!
Next question...am I missing optos here?

20190610_203941 (resized).jpg
#529 71 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Great! Thanks!!
Next question...am I missing optos here?[quoted image]

No optics,there. You are missing the clips on those that hold the metal rod in.They are e-clips, I believe.

#530 67 days ago

I found some variations in the plastics on this Frankenstein with Data East logos on the head. Notice the text is missing from both.

Pardon the dirt. It's a substantial work in progress. Were the sample games released early?
I'm finding a lot if oddities in this game.

20190614_204721 (resized).jpg20190614_204752 (resized).jpg
#531 66 days ago

I am putting in plasma pop bumpers in Frankenstein. I have hooked them up to were the bulbs were connected on the original pop bumpers. the new controls for the plasma bumpers buzzes incessently when the pop bumpers are turned on. the relays don't buzz when I use a gi bulb for a trigger. haven't checked it yet but I think the pop bumper lights are being pulsed. does anyone know how to overcome this problem or will I be forced to use a gi bulb for a trigger to turn them on and have them set for always on or sound activation. and if I do which setting should I use, always on or sound

Added 62 days ago:

error when tested on gi the control board I used was one that didn't buzz all my other control boards buzzed on the gi connection. am waiting for furhter answers from lighted mods for options

1 week later
#532 59 days ago

Have modded my MSF with color dmd and plasma bumpers. They original were buzzing very loudly when I first installed them which was very distracting but after trying different hings to make them stop buzzing they just stopped buzzing all on their own. these mods really make the game look great
franky1 (resized).jpgfranky2 (resized).jpg

ps now that I lok at it I will probably change that led to the left of the pop bumpers from cool white to warm white now that the plasmas are there.

#533 59 days ago
Quoted from wugly:

Have modded my MSF with color dmd and plasma bumpers. They original were buzzing very loudly when I first installed them which was very distracting but after trying different hings to make them stop buzzing they just stopped buzzing all on their own. these mods really make the game look great
[quoted image][quoted image]
ps now that I lok at it I will probably change that led to the left of the pop bumpers from cool white to warm white now that the plasmas are there.

That looks great. Good fit with that game. On the hunt for a reasonable MSF myself, so thanks for the inspiration.

#534 58 days ago

MSF owners need your help.. My msf lamps on the playfied stop working tonight not all like the 4 red flashers work and other basic lights work. The one spell Frankenstein and extra ball ect you know what im talking about. I think it must be a fuse? im pretty sure its on the power panel in back but didn't see any blown fuse.. i think its in the Backbox Bridge fuse F1 or F2.. have to buy some 8a slo-blo fuses to check

Any ideas?

Thanks

#535 57 days ago

check the lamp matrix and see if the lights have a common wire. sometimes the wire breaks in the middle of daisy chaining and you get some that work and some that don't or the connector burns up at the board. sometimes the fuse is good and the bridge rectifier burns out backbox bridge f2 and. check if fuses are blown but also check to make sure with a meter that it is producing power.

#536 57 days ago
Quoted from wugly:

check the lamp matrix and see if the lights have a common wire. sometimes the wire breaks in the middle of daisy chaining and you get some that work and some that don't or the connector burns up at the board. sometimes the fuse is good and the bridge rectifier burns out backbox bridge f2 and. check if fuses are blown but also check to make sure with a meter that it is producing power.

okay thanks took the fuse out but another in and yes they work. Just have to get a 8amp fuse I stuck a 5amp just to see..

question where would u get bridge rectifier...

thanks

#537 57 days ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

okay thanks took the fuse out but another in and yes they work. Just have to get a 8amp fuse I stuck a 5amp just to see..
question where would u get bridge rectifier...
thanks

fairly common electrical part. try pinball resource, ebay, all kinds of sources

1 week later
#538 49 days ago

Can someone post or email me a hi res pic of this area of the playfield please?
I want to fill in and sand smooth this divot and then cover it with a printed overlay. I have a cliffy on standby for the scoop.

20190702_201855 (resized).jpg
#539 45 days ago

had a great conversation with the people from lighted pinball mods about there plasma bumpers. I originally had a a plasma bumper that was kind of blurry and unclear. the guy at lighted pinball mods gave me a replacement top at no charge to correct this problem, what great customer service they had. We discussed there website and how it would probably be good to have a forum online to answer questions that come up since there installation video is a little old and there is always a few extra questions that it doesn't answer. had a few minor problems installing the plasma bumpers. one was the holes through the new bumper base was just a tiny bit too tight but a quick kiss with a drill bit made them acceptable. one of the questions that was not answered on the video was which connection was positive and which was negative for the pop bumper lights. For your information the positive was common to all 4 bumpers center of the connection strip on the game. major complication if you are not paying attention, the wires are quite thin gauge and the flipper board is mounted right under where the wires for the pop bumper drop down. If you are not paying attention to how the wires fall into the cabinet they can easily become caught on the flipper board before you have connected them all up and organized and tie wrapped them in a safe location since you are dealing with 4 bumpers at the same time. I was also informed that they are working on a 12 volt to 3 volt converter so that the control boards are not powered 24/7 even though the game is turned off.

1 month later
#540 6 days ago

Can someone snap me a pic of the shooter lane plastic? Preferably straight from above. Mine is destroyed and I don't see this repro anywhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 209.99
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 14.95
There are 540 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside