pasted_image (resized).png
20240110_144624 (resized).jpg
20240110_144119 (resized).jpg
20240110_143948 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.35.41 PM.png
20230925_145614 (resized).jpg
20230925_145424 (resized).jpg
20230924_173102.jpg
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Lighting Guide.pdf (PDF preview)
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.45.17 PM.png
IMG_8888-1.jpeg
20230525_195333.jpg
There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Anyone happen to have a set of the black lightning bolt inlane plastics or possibly a scan of them? Picked up an MSF and it is missing these and also missing the clear plastic cover for the right ramp that keeps air balls from hitting the wire form ramp for the north pole shot.
Thanks..

I got a set of clear plastics from Germany on Ebay,$20. Search Frankenstein pinball on it.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Anyone happen to have a set of the black lightning bolt inlane plastics or possibly a scan of them? Picked up an MSF and it is missing these and also missing the clear plastic cover for the right ramp that keeps air balls from hitting the wire form ramp for the north pole shot.
Thanks..

sounds like my old machine. did you buy it in st. louis?

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

sounds like my old machine. did you buy it in st. louis?

Yep took it in as partial trade.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yep took it in as partial trade.

took me over 2 yrs to find the plastics for that game. never could find the black lightning bolts ones.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

took me over 2 yrs to find the plastics for that game. never could find the black lightning bolts ones.

Yeah they seem to be hard to come by, if i can get a scan of them I can reproduce them so hopefully someone has a scan or could possibly scan them for me.

1 week later
#456 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yeah they seem to be hard to come by, if i can get a scan of them I can reproduce them so hopefully someone has a scan or could possibly scan them for me.

Hey, you are in luck! I just bought a Frankenstein two weeks ago and am cleaning it up now. My inlane plastics are in excellent condition so I scanned them in for you. It is a 24 bit BMP at 600 dpi. I will PM you.

#457 5 years ago

A friend picked up a Frankenstein and I'm starting to work on it for him. The display is not working and in looking the game over, I have a question for other owners. How is the display controller powered? Other pictures I have seen show a connector going to J1 from the power board. This game does not have that connection. should there be a connection?

Thanks!

IMG_4203 (resized).jpgIMG_4203 (resized).jpgIMG_4204 (resized).jpgIMG_4204 (resized).jpg
#458 5 years ago
Quoted from nworker:

A friend picked up a Frankenstein and I'm starting to work on it for him. The display is not working and in looking the game over, I have a question for other owners. How is the display controller powered? Other pictures I have seen show a connector going to J1 from the power board. This game does not have that connection. should there be a connection?
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

There is a 5 pin connector on the display to the power supply at CN6.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#459 5 years ago

So does anyone know what size Legs MSF is suppose to have? I just noticed on mine yes just now only had the game a few months.. Well i have 3 legs that are 28 1/2 and the other is 30 1/2 guess that why the rear left leg leveler is unscrewed 2 inches.. i know i should have figured that out but was going to put new leg levelers and thought i measure the legs..

So if anyone has any insight that would be great..

i`m thinking of just putting 30 1/2 on this way the leg levelers wont be long..

The Part # is 535-5020-50

Thanks

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

There is a 5 pin connector on the display to the power supply at CN6.[quoted image][quoted image]

HIPPY Thanks that was the problem! The connector was hidden behind the wire bundle going into the cabinet! On to the next step.

#461 5 years ago

Has pin2dmd colorization been done for Frankenstein?

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from nworker:

Malenko is working on it. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3702-mary-shelleys-frankenstein/

About the power source you should have a look it http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb106.pdf

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from nworker:

Yes. look in Pinside marketplace,$400.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

There is a 5 pin connector on the display to the power supply at CN6.[quoted image][quoted image]

reflow solder on this connection that goes to dmd board notorious for being flakey.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from nworker:

Just so you have a choice, I just saw Colordmd made one , finally, led only. $469. Yep, pricey, but, check their video sample on their site. Thinking about it myself.

#466 5 years ago

I got a panel from PinballSP. Up to 4 colors you set your self. And a full coloring image on the way
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way

I am pretty happy with that one

#467 5 years ago

For pin2dmd there is also a full color version close to complete while the pinball sp thing never has shown more than four colors at a time. See here http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3702-mary-shelleys-frankenstein/

2 weeks later
#468 5 years ago

Get a PinSound board. It's the best mod ever for Frankenstein! That is all.

Rich

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Get a PinSound board. It's the best mod ever for Frankenstein! That is all.
Rich

I certainly agree. Adds a whole lot.

#470 5 years ago

Re: Monster Motion Board - replaces original part 520-5113-00.

I have moved to a new web location, for those chasing a monster motion board you can get it here: http://tanglestech.com/Monster-Motion-Board-for-Sega-Mary-Shelleys-Frankenstein--Replaces-520-5113-00_p_13.html

You may also check out the manual here: http://shedspace.net/TPP/TPP-1020-Monster-Motion.pdf

IMG_5593t (resized).jpgIMG_5593t (resized).jpg
1 month later
#471 4 years ago

New to the club! ColorDMD and art blades ordered.

C1910677-F9E1-47B1-A014-1DFBC28819D6 (resized).jpegC1910677-F9E1-47B1-A014-1DFBC28819D6 (resized).jpeg
#472 4 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

[quoted image]

Welcome such a under rated Game.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

[quoted image]

Congrats! Looks like you also have a BSD, same as me. You should consider upgrading them with a pinsound board, that's a game changer for sure

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Congrats! Looks like you also have a BSD, same as me. You should consider upgrading them with a pinsound board, that's a game changer for sure

Thanks everyone! Love this game.

Yes, i was looking at Pinsound last night. I need it for my MSF, BSD and JP. I just need to save a few pennies because they all need speaker replacements as well and looks like about $500 per game with pinsound board and speakers for each.

Thanks
Pat

#475 4 years ago

There's an alternative that requires some diy work, but is much cheaper. I'm going to install one on my MSF soon, on my JP it is already running well.

Check out https://tiltaudio.com or for JP look at my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7wZK3Dpsn941nw1Wfdt1E1nPjo_W5dHP

especially this one

/Steve

#476 4 years ago

Does anyone out there need a set of inlane plastics?

I made up a new set because my machine was missing them and I made a few extras $25 plus shipping for a pair.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I made up a new set because my machine was missing them and I made a few extras $25 plus shipping for a pair.

lets see them ven, never could find them when I owned that game. I looked for 3 yrs. found all the other plastics but those.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

do you have pictures i might need them just in case

thanks

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

lets see them ven, never could find them when I owned that game. I looked for 3 yrs. found all the other plastics but those.

Here is a quick picture of them.

IMG_20190424_1812531 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20190424_1812531 (1) (resized).jpg
#480 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Still missing the clear ramp cover plastic, working on it now should have one off the laser cutter tonight yet and the plastic around the creature is broken so will have to see what I can do about it too.

#481 4 years ago

Updated with color dmd and artblades today!

290548DF-17E9-4D98-9F53-AF59FEAD97DE (resized).jpeg290548DF-17E9-4D98-9F53-AF59FEAD97DE (resized).jpeg5B1FFF85-FBC2-4BB4-8BCC-6913DB5E7A9D (resized).jpeg5B1FFF85-FBC2-4BB4-8BCC-6913DB5E7A9D (resized).jpeg80BF6C93-CA8F-46DE-9A69-819C70AC8C64 (resized).jpeg80BF6C93-CA8F-46DE-9A69-819C70AC8C64 (resized).jpegE1679EE4-03BC-4D56-BA92-EB9131B79B57 (resized).jpegE1679EE4-03BC-4D56-BA92-EB9131B79B57 (resized).jpegFBD68B47-9771-47E7-9924-FEE328C64810 (resized).jpegFBD68B47-9771-47E7-9924-FEE328C64810 (resized).jpeg636CC44A-00E1-4BA6-8392-1E7B145EF5DF (resized).jpeg636CC44A-00E1-4BA6-8392-1E7B145EF5DF (resized).jpeg
#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Here is a quick picture of them.[quoted image]

damn, wish you were around about 4 yrs ago making these!

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

damn, wish you were around about 4 yrs ago making these!

I have quite a few misc tools/machines around so when I get a Pin I usually end up making at least a few things for it that are no longer available for purchase, I am not into production but I normally make a few extras while I am at it and offer them in case someone else is needing the part also.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Updated with color dmd and artblades today!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can i ask where you got the artblades from? i found a different set but i like yours..

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Can i ask where you got the artblades from? i found a different set but i like yours..

I got them from Tilt Graphics.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/mary-shelley-s-frankenstein-gameblades

1 week later
#487 4 years ago

Was wondering has anyone taken the Mylar off their Frankenstein? Just was wondering seen other post about the Mylar taken off..

#488 4 years ago

I did. Tried heat gun first and burnt a plastic. Then tried freeze method next and a couple of insert decals (the two at the bottom of the ramp) came off. Then flour and alcohol to get the glue off. Yep, it was a disaster...

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Yep, it was a disaster...

That is exactly why I haven't tried on this game. Would love to have that bright shiny finish but the risk reward just didn't seem worth it.

#490 4 years ago

thanks think ill the Mylar alone as well..

#491 4 years ago

just ordered the color dmd for my msf since the pinsound is on back order for 2 months..

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

just ordered the color dmd for my msf since the pinsound is on
back order for 2 months..

What happened to Pinsound? You will be surprised how nice the game is with the download. All right out of the movie. Your old plasma dmd will sell.

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

What happened to Pinsound? You will be surprised how nice the game is with the download. All right out of the movie. Your old plasma dmd will sell.

oh yes I know I have sold the original DMD already for 150+and it had 2 vertical lines out on it. The one I'm using now i bought on ebay a few months back but it worked. so that will be easy 180+ on ebay..

Pinsound says its a 2 month wait when you go to order it so ill have to wait ill just keep checking..

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

oh yes I know I have sold the original DMD already for 150+and it had 2 vertical lines out on it. The one I'm using now i bought on ebay a few months back but it worked. so that will be easy 180+ on ebay..
Pinsound says its a 2 month wait when you go to order it so ill have to wait ill just keep checking..

I sold my old dmd ,fast, no missing lines, same price. I wonder what happened to Pinsound. If you are missing any or, have scratched ones, Ebay has some clear plastics for your MSF. Came from Germany, very nice addition, too. I got one I didn't even know I was supposed to. One was missing.

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

That is exactly why I haven't tried on this game. Would love to have that bright shiny finish but the risk reward just didn't seem worth it.

you'd be surprised how polishing mylar with treasure cove kit and a buff pad on a drill will clear it up.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

you'd be surprised how polishing mylar with treasure cove kit and a buff pad on a drill will clear it up.

I had very good results as well with "3M Finess it 09639" and a buffing pad in the drill machine.

#497 4 years ago

Mary Shelly`s Frankenstein Owners im looking for this part

Part # 830-5636-00 its the Mav. Speaker Plexi W/Artwork

The previous owner cut out the clear part of the panel So My New ColorDMD is not behind a Panel..

#498 4 years ago

I fixed a friend's Frankenstein with an X-Pin power supply. The X-Pin board puts out an excellent 5.15v while under load with the game on at CN4 (CN6 per the original board connector name). By punching down the reproduction factory harness to CN4 I am now getting 5.13v at the display driver board. Problem drop kicked, sucker punched, and solved.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Yep, that's what I did. Worked just fine.

#500 4 years ago

I finally took the time this evening and put one of my spare TILT!Audio boards into my msf game. Took only a few minutes to replace and it plays very nice.

You may notice that there are a few more mods like extra leds in backbox speakers, big color pin2dmd and also the whole gi is rgb. But to be honest the biggest thrill is always the new sound. Of course I replaced the speakers as well to get more volume and clearer sound.

Br Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
$ 27.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/10?hl=upsfeedr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.